The making of a Titan...in Iraq

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats up everyone? Yes I still have a pulse and Im back on here to get you guys jumping. Sorry for my absence, but after the wife and I worked things out, I needed some quality time with her and my son before heading out. Ive been in Iraq for 3 days now, still fighting jet lag but Ill recover. So heres the scoop....I got decently strong before taking a “break” and finally hit my PR of 405 on bench. Now Im here and I find out theres no Post Office, and that DHL is the only company that ships to here. The
Price is stupid...40lbs was going to cost me $360. And theres no PX on base....No US Military AT ALL actually, and the Iraqi store on base is stupid high on whatever supps they have. $70 for a 2.5lb jug of Arnold brand protein. So....Im doing this with nothing but hard work ang good ole’ solid meats and eggs for protein. My shoulder is a little irritated so I doubt Ill continue to go heavy on bench, but I
Want to drop as much fat and build as much mass as I feasibly can over the course of the next 3 months before I go on R&R. Ill need you guys to throw in some support and general
Attaboys!! Hope you all join in, and lets get this party started!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definetly In

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I've barely been on lately because of work and whatnot, but I got the notification for this and I can't not sub to this for you bro.

Glad you worked things out with the wife man. I know it was rough there for a bit.

Let me know if you find a cheap way to receive mail man. I'll send you a care package.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda coltonwalker Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 HIT4ME thebigt Dirty Dan Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth lukehayd Rocket3015 Oconns28 jalfrey bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec kenpoengineer LeanEngineer GreenMachineX MrKleen73 love2liftkat

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Titan returns!! Good to hear from you bud and glad you made it over there safe and sound! Overseas pricing is crazy, no wonder that protein is priced that high!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you got things worked out. Just think, no supps for 3 months will make you appreciate them when you get back! Stay safe and get yoked!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. Congrats on the bench PR!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whats up everyone? Yes I still have a pulse and Im back on here to get you guys jumping. Sorry for my absence, but after the wife and I worked things out, I needed some quality time with her and my son before heading out. Ive been in Iraq for 3 days now, still fighting jet lag but Ill recover. So heres the scoop....I got decently strong before taking a “break” and finally hit my PR of 405 on bench. Now Im here and I find out theres no Post Office, and that DHL is the only company that ships to here. The
Price is stupid...40lbs was going to cost me $360. And theres no PX on base....No US Military AT ALL actually, and the Iraqi store on base is stupid high on whatever supps they have. $70 for a 2.5lb jug of Arnold brand protein. So....Im doing this with nothing but hard work ang good ole’ solid meats and eggs for protein. My shoulder is a little irritated so I doubt Ill continue to go heavy on bench, but I
Want to drop as much fat and build as much mass as I feasibly can over the course of the next 3 months before I go on R&R. Ill need you guys to throw in some support and general
Attaboys!! Hope you all join in, and lets get this party started!!!
Are you sure about the post office situation? I can definitely help out. It's not too expensive to ship out from India.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
in for sure! good luck sir

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I'm in on this ish!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man, very happy you worked things out with the wife, I bet your son is too!!!:party:

congrats

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aww sheet. A new ft log. Hellz yeah I’m in

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the sexy soldier nudes!

Frt very happy you and your wife worked things out!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Navy Dad reporting for encouragement duty!
IMG_2444.jpg

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats up brother! Glad to hear things worked out with the wife.
It will be good for you to give up the supplements for awhile anyway.
Most of all Stay safe!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously glad to see you all in here! So far, even with getting acclimated to the environment and the jet lag, Ive hit the gym every day. Im getting up at 5:30 in the morning to talk to my wife and kid, and then run 2 miles and lift in the afternoons. Looking to get some serious gains and and getting some cutz that Ive been after for a while. No more excuses!! Once I get into an actual workout routine, Ill start logging them.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
SUB! Glad to hear You and your Wife Work things out.. We all got Mad Love for You and Family!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
In for the ride!

also glad to hear that you worked it out with your wife!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be the first to throw this down this round. ATTABOY!!!
Been very busy with my side business, work and family lately so I barely get on here. Might not be in here much, but you got my number if you want to chat.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I'm so in this! Injured my low back so I've been away for 2+ months. Almost recovered, I think. Saw the notification for this and I had to come back!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for everyone thats joined in so far...I really appreciate you all. LeanEngineer great to
See you, Studhorse..you ARE the dream ! Today was a good start but the shoulder is still plaguing me.

So the diet is pretty slim pickings here, so Ill be sticking with the basics. Eggs, oats, chicken, beef, fish and lamb. Oh...and of course peanut butter.Nothing fried, and less than 100 carbs a day. Basically 2 pieces of wheat bread a day. 3 gallons of water a day as well.
Did my morning cardio of 2 miles, the knees are handling it a little better since the humidity is virtually nonexistent here. Went to the gym this evening and busted out some chest...this is how
It went down

FLAT BENCH
135x20
225x10
225x8
315x5(been doing 10 but the shoulder is KILLING ME)
135x20

3 SETS EACH ON HAMMER STRENGTH MACHINE
Incline and decline

3 Sets each of high, low and middle cable flies.

15 minutes of abs. Supper was a stuffed pepper and 2 lamb chops.

Ill rock out some more
Cardio in the morning. Hope you guys have a great night, Im off to
Bed!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be the first to throw this down this round. ATTABOY!!!
Been very busy with my side business, work and family lately so I barely get on here. Might not be in here much, but you got my number if you want to chat.
Whats up buddy?
Glad to see youre busy, pays the bills brother! Glad to have you in here!

I'm so in this! Injured my low back so I've been away for 2+ months. Almost recovered, I think. Saw the notification for this and I had to come back!
Well first...that sucks! Sorry to hear that! But thanks for getting in here. Glad to have yet another one of my homies pop up!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for everyone thats joined in so far...I really appreciate you all. LeanEngineer great to
See you, Studhorse..you ARE the dream ! Today was a good start but the shoulder is still plaguing me.

So the diet is pretty slim pickings here, so Ill be sticking with the basics. Eggs, oats, chicken, beef, fish and lamb. Oh...and of course peanut butter.Nothing fried, and less than 100 carbs a day. Basically 2 pieces of wheat bread a day. 3 gallons of water a day as well.
Did my morning cardio of 2 miles, the knees are handling it a little better since the humidity is virtually nonexistent here. Went to the gym this evening and busted out some chest...this is how
It went down

FLAT BENCH
135x20
225x10
225x8
315x5(been doing 10 but the shoulder is KILLING ME)
135x20

3 SETS EACH ON HAMMER STRENGTH MACHINE
Incline and decline

3 Sets each of high, low and middle cable flies.

15 minutes of abs. Supper was a stuffed pepper and 2 lamb chops.

Ill rock out some more
Cardio in the morning. Hope you guys have a great night, Im off to
Bed!
Nice start! what kind of equipment you have access to? worried about that shoulder. Bench will only make it worse brother. Trust me.
How does the shoulder feel on the Hammer Incline? The Hammer decline will not bother your shoulder.
You got dumbbells?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great work FireTitan sure hope you get that shoulder issue worked out! RegisterJr might have some good mobility work to share with you.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting on some FireTitan noodz, I mean it's gotta be pretty damn hot there... expecting some sweaty gym pics!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just use a band to warm up my shoulders. This has helped more than anything else. TheSolution turned me onto it.
I do 20reps before I start my Chest of shoulder work and do 10 in between sets. After a 3 or 4 I'm ready to go. Doesn't take much time and it does wonders.

Like the second movement he does in this video. about the 1:38 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94eZUe7QD3w

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
When I was in Iraq we all jerked each other off and drank our own semen for protein..

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still waiting on some FireTitan noodz, I mean it's gotta be pretty damn hot there... expecting some sweaty gym pics!
Itll be a little bit before I start throwing those ups. But theyre coming!!! Are you already bored with the stash I sent you to save to your desktop?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just use a band to warm up my shoulders. This has helped more than anything else. TheSolution turned me onto it.
I do 20reps before I start my Chest of shoulder work and do 10 in between sets. After a 3 or 4 I'm ready to go. Doesn't take much time and it does wonders.

Like the second movement he does in this video. about the 1:38 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94eZUe7QD3w
Thanks homie! Ill definitely check it out and give it a whirl

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on what it is. If the supraspinatus tendon this is what helped me: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNh-BlBhdOq8NTuT_bT4tIwOFP43jg7W0

Being that you’re in a new gym maybe the bench height or bench rack position is causing you to place your shoulders in a ROM you aren’t used to.
Thank you love2liftkat! RegisterJr, Im not sure what it is or
How I did it. It almost feels like its at very tip of the collarbone, where it meets the shoulder. Constant dull pain, and turns into a harsh sharp pain when doing some movements. I can actually take the finger on my right hand and push the exact spot where it Seems to be coming from. Not at all like the rotator cuff tear
On the other shoulder.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh..and RegisterJr my grip is much closer than it used to be due
To the small RC tear in the other shoulder. Studhorse the gym is amazing here on base and the station has a great setup in the truck bay. And I tried dumbbells yesterday, but after 1 set the shoulder was too sore, maybe from the previous bench press. Ill stick with just the DBs next chest day.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the facility we have at the station, nice but nothing compared to the Base gym
IMG_7293.jpg
IMG_7294.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That’s a pretty nice gym anyway.

I’d say it is the supraspinatus tendon. Breaking that tissue up with your hand as much as possible, some icing a couple times a day, and stretching that tendon as much as possible should help (over time).

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I’d say it is the supraspinatus tendon. Breaking that tissue up with your hand as much as possible, some icing a couple times a day, and stretching that tendon as much as possible should help (over time).
Thanks my man..Il start working on it now

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks my man..Il start working on it now

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh..and RegisterJr my grip is much closer than it used to be due
To the small RC tear in the other shoulder. Studhorse the gym is amazing here on base and the station has a great setup in the truck bay. And I tried dumbbells yesterday, but after 1 set the shoulder was too sore, maybe from the previous bench press. Ill stick with just the DBs next chest day.
Set up has plenty! looks pretty good to me. No Excuses!

Try the hairygrandpa Hew Press. These have really helped me hit my check and doesn't bother my torn labrum much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhdHvAoJ6I

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks homie! Ill definitely check it out and give it a whirl
Might research these. I'm not a Dr. But I did stay in a holiday Inn express last week.

Bursitis
Bursae are small, fluid-filled sacs that are located in joints throughout the body, including the shoulder. They act as cushions between bones and the overlying soft tissues, and help reduce friction between the gliding muscles and the bone.

Sometimes, excessive use of the shoulder leads to inflammation and swelling of the bursa between the rotator cuff and part of the shoulder blade known as the acromion. The result is a condition known as subacromial bursitis. Bursitis often occurs in association with rotator cuff tendinitis. The many tissues in the shoulder can become inflamed and painful. Many daily activities, such as combing your hair or getting dressed, may become difficult.

Impingement
Shoulder impingement occurs when the top of the shoulder blade (acromion) puts pressure on the underlying soft tissues when the arm is lifted away from the body. As the arm is lifted, the acromion rubs, or "impinges" on, the rotator cuff tendons and bursa. This can lead to bursitis and tendinitis, causing pain and limiting movement. Over time, severe impingement can even lead to a rotator cuff tear.
Shoulder.jpg