Operation 250

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Bam Bam at it again with another log!
Now that I've finished contest prep and competed, it's time to grow and improve. I weighed in at 197.0lbs and stepped on stage at around 200lbs. Most I've ever weighed is 235, and to be competitive in this heavyweight class in my next show I need to get much bigger! So my main goals this next year are to blow my legs up and add thickness everywhere, plus width to my back and shoulders. My goal is to reach 250 with abs and maintain that for a good few months before stepping back and reassessing what to do next.
So far, my plan is to start with high frequency of legs (3x a week) and continue that as long as I'm seeing progress. Probably 1 day off per week and have a 90% clean diet.
I'm sure I have more to add but just for the sake of getting this up, I'll stop here!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm in brother

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Welcome guys! Also, got some stage shots from this weekend
IMG_6401.jpg
IMG_6376.jpg
IMG_6368.jpg
IMG_6373.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
subbed for the gainz

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to have you bro

I just weighed 218 and some change... that's almost 22lbs since Friday night
Jump into my log if you get a chance, could always use inspiration from others.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I’m in, enjoyed seeing your journey to the stage bro - awesome work

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Jump into my log if you get a chance, could always use inspiration from others.
I know I'm subscribed, I'll have to catch up! I always fall behind on other people's logs
Yeah I’m in, enjoyed seeing your journey to the stage bro - awesome work
I'm glad man! Welcome to the new adventure!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So I went to Mizzou this weekend for my first alumni homecoming, obviously ate like sh!t and probably drank more than I should've, but I'm hanging onto my leanness and had a fantastic pump during my arm workout today. I was 219 when I got back from mizzou and 221 after workout and a meal
Gonna clean it up this week so I don't get fat right away.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
First workout of my new "program" was today, just got back from the gym. Heavy legs.
Squats
Bar x 20
135x15
225x12
275x10
315x8
335x6
225x12
135x12
Wide stance squats
2 sets 135x15
Narrow stance squats - feet and knees together
2 sets 135x15

After this my legs were so pumped and destroyed I couldn't bend them anymore, no matter how much stretching I did.
Managed to bang out 5 sets of leg press, 4 plates per side, with feet high to emphasize hamstrings & glutes, and 3 sets of SLDLs with the 40s for 20 reps each and that's all I could manage. Barely walked out of the gym and my quads were on fire the entire drive home.
217 fasted this morning. Still very lean. This is exciting!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
IMG_1508799528.874082.jpg

1 hour post workout and they're still swollen and painful

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Toren I have another nickname for you
Pizza the Hut
IMG_6456.jpg

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Toren I have another nickname for you
Pizza the Hut
Well, now you're just teasing me. I am noticeably deficient in pizza vitamins (pizzitamins) as of late...

That looks like the beginnings of a tasty calzone, minus the weird dude who is stealing my look.

Maybe this is you at your post-show meal?? :]

every time i see his avi this is exactly what I think of haha
That's basically what I look like - But with a 4-pack...that used to be a 6-pack...which was once upon a time, when I was in my late teens/early twenties, an 8-pack.....briefly.

I'm hungry...

cool-emoji-pizza-Favim.com-2896275.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Pretty sweet pump today. Bad quality pics, they're screenshots from a vid I took
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6462.jpg
IMG_6463.jpg
IMG_6468.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Went to take the dog on a walk this morning and about 10 min in, I started to get some extreme pain in my outer thigh, to the point where I couldn't walk anymore. I had to cut through yards to get back to my house, and could barely limp by the time I got back. I'm stuck in bed and it hurts like hell to bend my leg.
I was also getting some muscle pain in my quads last night during my chest/shoulders workout. Anybody have any idea what could be going on? I'm sure it's related to my leg workout on Monday but idk wtf is happening or what to do about it.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
223 this morning
Made it through 4 sets each of leg ext, leg curls, and leg press before the extreme quad pain started up again, then moved on to a little bit of arms.
Going to take tomorrow off, going up to Chicago for my girlfriend's birthday, and will train back thickness on Saturday while I'm up there, and hopefully heavy legs on Sunday provided I'm up for it. If not, I'll do chest.
In regards to diet, I've just been shooting for at least 4500cals a day. At least 250g protein, carbs are always super high and fats are 200g or less.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Not a bad pump for being in pain lol
IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you’re filling out nicely bro but don’t you think you should at least get some advice on your quad from a doc?!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Looks like you’re filling out nicely bro but don’t you think you should at least get some advice on your quad from a doc?!
Definitely have filled out a lot! Lol. Yeah if they don't get better, I'll seek medical attention but they feel a lot better today. I put icy hot on them after I showered last night and I think the light exercise I put them through last night may have helped work out some of the soreness even if they hurt in the process.
Walking doesn't hurt and they aren't nearly as sore.
Went and shot some clays with my gf's Dad and her brothers today too, that was fun!
I'll monitor how they feel over the next couple days and skip legs on Sunday if I have to.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Definitely have filled out a lot! Lol. Yeah if they don't get better, I'll seek medical attention but they feel a lot better today. I put icy hot on them after I showered last night and I think the light exercise I put them through last night may have helped work out some of the soreness even if they hurt in the process.
Walking doesn't hurt and they aren't nearly as sore.
Went and shot some clays with my gf's Dad and her brothers today too, that was fun!
I'll monitor how they feel over the next couple days and skip legs on Sunday if I have to.
I've actually had a similar pain (and just a few weeks ago)... almost feels like the "post cramp" you would get after a nasty middle of the night cahrlie horse... very odd, not really triggered by any particular motion or pressure, but went away after about 3 days or so. Seems like it was just a nasty case of doms/cramping or something.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've actually had a similar pain (and just a few weeks ago)... almost feels like the "post cramp" you would get after a nasty middle of the night cahrlie horse... very odd, not really triggered by any particular motion or pressure, but went away after about 3 days or so. Seems like it was just a nasty case of doms/cramping or something.
Yeah it's really weird. And just started up again in my quads in my right leg. Have not even been walking much and it just started to hurt randomly.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Ok bro just concerned don’t want a simple fix to go sideways!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Ok bro just concerned don’t want a simple fix to go sideways!
I totally agree brother! On the other hand I don't wanna go to the doc just to have them tell me I'm being a lil b!tch about some sore muscles lmao

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Today has been pain free so far! Fingers crossed it stays that way ?? had a good back thickness workout. I wanted to do rack pulls but ran out of time. I'll probably do them this coming week.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
No pain today, but still kinda sore so I did chest today instead and will plan on doing legs tomorrow as long as I'm still okay.
I've been starting chest off with incline barbell which I haven't done in a long time, so right now I'm only getting 4 sets of 225 for 10 reps. I really wanna get my weight up!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Well... the pain came back. Lol. But it wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish the workout. It was almost just like an extreme tightness from a crazy pump, but it just wouldn't go away.
Worked my way up to 275 and did 5 sets of 8, then went down to 225, added chains and did 3 sets of box squats for 10 reps.
Ended with 4 sets on leg press, 4 plates each side, slow negatives, slow on the way back up too. 20 reps per set
Now the plan is to take a whole week off legs and come back to them next Monday. Might get some deep tissue work done or see a chiropractor if things don't improve

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Pump was good though
IMG_6512.jpg

I think I'm about 225 in the morning but haven't checked since Friday. So we'll find out tomorrow.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Just catching up but bro, your fat is waaaaaaay to high for where you're at with carbs. That's a recipe for disaster both for your physique and internally. I HIGHLY suggest you re think your post show approach with nutrition.
Okay I'll have to consider that! It's not always that high, just tends to happen on days when I relax with my diet a little haha. Usually closer to 100 than 200

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay I'll have to consider that! It's not always that high, just tends to happen on days when I relax with my diet a little haha. Usually closer to 100 than 200
The insulin release and circulating lipids in the blood from excessive fat could absolutely destroy you lipids and given the state of your body after prep and supps your cholesterol probably sucks as is. Not to mention frying insulin sensitivity with higher fats

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
The insulin release and circulating lipids in the blood from excessive fat could absolutely destroy you lipids and given the state of your body after prep and supps your cholesterol probably sucks as is. Not to mention frying insulin sensitivity with higher fats
Yeah that makes sense. I'll try to keep a closer eye on my intake.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
No leg pain today, just very sore. Hopefully I will be good to go by the time next week comes around!
223 this morning.
Had a great shoulder workout today:
Rear delt flies on fly machine
100x20, 125x20, 150x15, 200x12 dropsets 112.5x12, 75x15
Superset with face pulls on lat pulldown with two separate handles
60x15, 70x15, 80x15
Rear delt pulls on cable
20x20, 30x20, 40x20
DB lateral raises
15x20, 25x20, 35x15, 45x12, 55x8 dropsets 30x10, 20x10
BB Upright rows
65x15, 95x15, 115x12, 135x10, 155x8, 155x8 dropset 95x12
Lateral raise machine
70x20, 90x20, 110x20 dropset 70x11
Smith machine shoulder press
95x20, 135x5, 185x12, 225x8, 135x15
DB front raises, one arm at a time
15x20, 25x20, 35x15

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Almost out of Ep1logue
IMG_6548.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
How’s epilogue treated you?
It's been incredible man. I know I'm in post show rebound so I'm getting pumps and strength from that too but I was noticing effects even when I started it before peak week. I wish I could afford more so I could keep running it.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Sounds pretty sweet! Might grab a couple of bottles for after my next cycle!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been incredible man. I know I'm in post show rebound so I'm getting pumps and strength from that too but I was noticing effects even when I started it before peak week. I wish I could afford more so I could keep running it.
Nice, just picked up 2 bottles. Will probably run them in about a month.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Still trucking along here.
Intending to wait till Monday to do legs again but I might do them tomorrow as long as everything's good. Maybe do mostly hamstrings or something and pass on squats.
Hit some PRs on chest today! Incline DB press 120x12, 130x8 and then did incline DB flies all the way up to 80x10
IMG_6612.jpg
IMG_6613.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Still alive, 232lbs morning weight.
Starting my second new job this week so I’ll be a little tighter on time for training but I think that’s a good thing. I need to get better at getting in, busting ass and getting back out.
Will post progress pics soon