Day 13

Supplements
    Red Sky - Before Breakfast
    PREDATOR- NEEDED ALL DAY!! Lol

Weight

Training
    2 mile run

Thoughts

Well today is my wife's bday and yesterday was her moms. This morning we had a big awesome breakfast! Now we are heading to the in laws for a big dinner! Going to be tough today!
    I took some predator and Defuse last night before a nice cheat meal, and I looked great this morning! Stuff really is awesome lol
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html

2. Day 14

Starting this one off different. I'm frustrated and disappointed with myself. I really wanted to kill these 28 days and I've let excuses get in the way. Yesterday was my wife's bday and I had cake twice! I'm 181.4 lbs. I need to get my sh!t together and finish strong!! I've been putting in the work but letting my diet screw everything up!

Supplements
    Riot - PWO
    Permaswole - PWO
    Some other fat burner will be coming today!

Weight

Training
    Upper Body (not including warmups sets)

BB Bench (in the squat rack so I had the bars there to push myself! I never have a spotter) 3x3x235

Superset
    DB Shoulder Press - 3x5x65
    DB Row - 10x90, 2x8x100

Superset (No rest between)
    WG Pull-ups - 10, 10, 6
    Dips - 20, 17, 10.

Circuit
    DB Lat Raise - 2x10x30, 15x20
    Rope PD - 2x12x57.5, 15x50
    Curl Bar - 2x12x80, 15x70

Superset
    OH Rope - 2x15x42.5
    DB Hammer Curls - 2x12x35

Row Machine - 500 m - 1:51

Thoughts
    I pushed it hard today! Good sweat! Felt pumped! Riot on an empty stomach had me feeling really ready to rock and hyped! Permaswole brought the pump!

Name:  IMG_6063.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  1.24 MB

Name:  IMG_6064.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  1.25 MB
    •   

3. Day 14 round 2!

Name:  IMG_6078.jpg
Size:  447.2 KB

Went after this stump! 5 speed chops per side, 5 full power swing, length of yard run and back for 10 rounds. Totalled 1.08 miles and added the extra at the end to hit 2 miles!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Day 14 round 2!

Name:  IMG_6078.jpg
Size:  447.2 KB

Went after this stump! 5 speed chops per side, 5 full power swing, length of yard run and back for 10 rounds. Totalled 1.08 miles and added the extra at the end to hit 2 miles!
    Ha that looks fun man
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html

5. Haha the Paul Bunyan workout!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    Ha that looks fun man
    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Haha the Paul Bunyan workout!
    It had me sweating, my arms and shoulders burning!

7. Day 16

Supplements
    Red Sky - Before Breakfast
    Nutrabolics Supernova - PWO

Weight
    I've decided to stop obsessing daily. I won't be checking until Sunday or Monday

Training

Lower Body

Squats - 5x225, 4x245, 2x265
    Leg Press - 3x6x410
    Calves on Leg Press 3x12x410
    treadmill - 5 min level 8 increasing incline 1 each minute
    Kneeling Leg Curls - 12x80-12x60-12x40 (one set to finish off)

Thoughts

I was discussing the next step after these 28 days and I'm undecided if I should stick with booneman77 PHAT program(well going back to it) right now I'm slightly modified.

Reasons for staying with it are
    - I really enjoyed the format/layout of the program and had progress while cutting
    - I have yet to run the program In a true bulk. I had a bit of time that I wasn't really watching my calories

Reasons for switching
    - I know it's not a great thing but sometimes I get bored and like a change. It gets me excited to start a new program.
    With my time restrictions on my workout I'm thinking a day workout with 1 day intense cardio.

5/3/1 is one of the programs I'm looking at and I think it could fit my schedule well.

Any suggestions? My goal will be for a lean bulk with Massmax. I also have Ori1gin.

8. Day 17/18

Getting in some decent training during my lunch. I haven't felt like going to the gym at all but forced myself to go and after I start my workout I'm good to go! My main lift out of the last 2 days was some deads today. I hit 3x5x335. I was happy with it and felt good after.

Not checking my wait but I feel decent! I'm thinking my body is just sick of reduced calories. I'm also having some extra stress in my life so it will be nice to start the bulk process!

From my previous post, does anyone have any tips/suggestions?

9. I say do whatever program floats your boat as long as it's optimized. If changing programs will keep you entertained and enjoying the gym, I see no issue! I usually switch every 12 weeks or so, sometimes do 6 week stints depending on the program.

5/3/1 is definitely fun and good for really progressing as long as you are staying true to that 1rm and not dogging it.
    Current Workout Log:

10. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    I say do whatever program floats your boat as long as it's optimized. If changing programs will keep you entertained and enjoying the gym, I see no issue! I usually switch every 12 weeks or so, sometimes do 6 week stints depending on the program.

5/3/1 is definitely fun and good for really progressing as long as you are staying true to that 1rm and not dogging it.
    Thanks! I wish A had a good gym buddy for those 1RM bench days!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Thanks! I wish A had a good gym buddy for those 1RM bench days!
    Ask a trainer or someone to spot ya! Just take a few seconds maybe you'll make a friend
    Current Workout Log:

12. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Day 17/18

Getting in some decent training during my lunch. I haven't felt like going to the gym at all but forced myself to go and after I start my workout I'm good to go! My main lift out of the last 2 days was some deads today. I hit 3x5x335. I was happy with it and felt good after.

Not checking my wait but I feel decent! I'm thinking my body is just sick of reduced calories. I'm also having some extra stress in my life so it will be nice to start the bulk process!

From my previous post, does anyone have any tips/suggestions?
    so the best program is the one that you stick to and get excited about... if that means switching things up, go for it!

maybe we can help you work something new out? How many days/wk and what kind of time restraints? What do you want to focus on (strength/size/endurance/etc)? what do you enjoy? what do you hate doing?

13. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    so the best program is the one that you stick to and get excited about... if that means switching things up, go for it!

maybe we can help you work something new out? How many days/wk and what kind of time restraints? What do you want to focus on (strength/size/endurance/etc)? what do you enjoy? what do you hate doing?
    Fair enough! Well I'll be good for minimum 4 days/week. I workout on my lunch so I'm packing it into 30-35 minutes. Strength would be 1 because I feel like my numbers are low, size 2 and endurance 3. Well the endurance part is almost separate for me. I need to keep up my running and be ready to run my VO2 max test. I'll run at other times during the week or on the weekend.

I've been enjoying working on the big lifts bench, deadlifts, squats and OHP. There's no exercises that come to mind that I really don't like.

I do find it hard to take long rest periods. I like working out quick and intense but I know that doesn't work so well for strength

14. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Fair enough! Well I'll be good for minimum 4 days/week. I workout on my lunch so I'm packing it into 30-35 minutes. Strength would be 1 because I feel like my numbers are low, size 2 and endurance 3. Well the endurance part is almost separate for me. I need to keep up my running and be ready to run my VO2 max test. I'll run at other times during the week or on the weekend.

I've been enjoying working on the big lifts bench, deadlifts, squats and OHP. There's no exercises that come to mind that I really don't like.

I do find it hard to take long rest periods. I like working out quick and intense but I know that doesn't work so well for strength
    What about something like this:
    4 day split; each day would have 1 focal exercise, and 2 supporting exercises super-setted with an accessory" type moves that can be done without having too much impact on the big moves... Focus would be on max power for the main lift (really taking your time to rest) and then minimal rest, but allowing for recovery between the sets on the supporting lifts. Example (a "+" would denote a superset):

Day 1: OHP focused, back supporting
    OHP (4x3-6)
    Machine Shoulder Press (3x4-8) + DB Rows (3x10-15)
    Lateral Raise (3x6-8) + Lat Pulldowns (3x10-15)

Day 2: Squat focused, shoulder/bicep supporting:
    Squat (4x3-6reps)
    RDL (3x4-8) + DB Rear Delt Flys (3x10-15)
    Leg Press (3x6-8) + Bicep Curls (3x10-15)

Day 3: Bench focused, legs supporting:
    Bench (4x3-6)
    DB Incline (3x4-8) + Leg extensions (3x10-15)
    DB Fly (3x6-8) + Ham Curls (3x10-15)

Day 4: Deadlift focused, chest/tricep supporting
    Deadlift (4x3-6)
    Pullup (3x4-8) + Cable Fly (3x10-15)
    BB Row (3x6-8) + Skull Crusher (3x10-15)

maybe throw in a few extra bicep/tricep supersets on off days or days you finish quickly for some extra reps there

15. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    What about something like this:
    4 day split; each day would have 1 focal exercise, and 2 supporting exercises super-setted with an accessory" type moves that can be done without having too much impact on the big moves... Focus would be on max power for the main lift (really taking your time to rest) and then minimal rest, but allowing for recovery between the sets on the supporting lifts. Example (a "+" would denote a superset):

Day 1: OHP focused, back supporting
    OHP (4x3-6)
    Machine Shoulder Press (3x4-8) + DB Rows (3x10-15)
    Lateral Raise (3x6-8) + Lat Pulldowns (3x10-15)

Day 2: Squat focused, shoulder/bicep supporting:
    Squat (4x3-6reps)
    RDL (3x4-8) + DB Rear Delt Flys (3x10-15)
    Leg Press (3x6-8) + Bicep Curls (3x10-15)

Day 3: Bench focused, legs supporting:
    Bench (4x3-6)
    DB Incline (3x4-8) + Leg extensions (3x10-15)
    DB Fly (3x6-8) + Ham Curls (3x10-15)

Day 4: Deadlift focused, chest/tricep supporting
    Deadlift (4x3-6)
    Pullup (3x4-8) + Cable Fly (3x10-15)
    BB Row (3x6-8) + Skull Crusher (3x10-15)

maybe throw in a few extra bicep/tricep supersets on off days or days you finish quickly for some extra reps there
    Dang thanks man! Looks pretty solid! As far as rep scheme/progression what would you think of doing it like the 5/3/1 program?

When doing your program I ended up increasing like this say for bench I was aiming for. 3x3x225 keeping in the 3-5 rep range. If I hit the full 3 sets of 3x225 this week then the next week I would aim for 3x4x225, if I hit all 3 then the next week I would aim for 3x5x225 but if I say went 5x225, 5x225, 4x225 then I would try again the next week until I successfully hit the 3x5x225.

I know part of my problem with progress on heavy lifts is not giving enough rest time between sets.

16. Day 19

Supplements

Bloodshred Raw - pre cardio

Training
    VO2 Max style treadmill run. Hit 16 minutes this week. Last week was only 14:30

Thoughts
    Feeling good! I only had 2000 calories last night. Sticking strong today as well! I think I'll weigh in tomorrow morning.

17. @Oconns28, Looking Good!

18. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    @Oconns28, Looking Good!
    Thanks!

19. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Dang thanks man! Looks pretty solid! As far as rep scheme/progression what would you think of doing it like the 5/3/1 program?

When doing your program I ended up increasing like this say for bench I was aiming for. 3x3x225 keeping in the 3-5 rep range. If I hit the full 3 sets of 3x225 this week then the next week I would aim for 3x4x225, if I hit all 3 then the next week I would aim for 3x5x225 but if I say went 5x225, 5x225, 4x225 then I would try again the next week until I successfully hit the 3x5x225.

I know part of my problem with progress on heavy lifts is not giving enough rest time between sets.
    That's exactly how I would do it! Keep steady until you nail all sets and reps, then bump. When you hit all at the top rep, bump weight.

20. Day 20

Weight
    178.4 - very happy here! I hadn't checked since last weekend. 1 more week and 176 is the goal!

21. Day 21

Supplements
    Bloodshot 4/5 serving - PWO
    Radiate - Afternoon

Training
    Upper

OHP - 5x115, 5x125, 5x125
    BB Bench - 3x3x225
    Superset
    Pull-ups - 13, 8
    Dips - 20, 15
    Superset
    DB Row - 3x10x100
    DB Lat Raise - 3x10x25
    Superset
    BB Curl - 2x10x80-15x50
    Skull Crusher - 2x10x60-15x40
    Superset
    Cable Crunch 10x95, 5x95-5x80
    Hanging Knee Raise - 15, 10

Thoughts
    Well this was my first time using DMAA and I was expecting crazy energy. I didn't get it! I had 1/3 cup of oatmeal about a hour and a bit before taking bloodshot. I think my last few weeks of high stim fat burners. I'm assuming a tolerance to DMHA affects the rush from DMAA??

I felt jacked at the end of this workout though! My numbers aren't where I'd like them and actually down some. I'm looking forward to quit cutting and see if my strength will increase when my eating does!

22. Day 22

Supplements
    Red Sky - Before breakfast
    Bloodshot - PWO

Training
    Squats - 3x225, 3x275, 2x280 PR-10x135
    Leg Press - 3x6x450
    Leg Press Calves - 2x15x450, 10x450-10x360-15x270-15x180

Thoughts
    I really don't get the energy boost I thought I would from Bloodshot but it got me inspired and confident!! I was in the zone and wanted to push it!

This is the last week of my cut so I've decided to push it and test my 3RM or better on a few big lifts. Next week will be a de-load(form) week and then the fun begins with MassMax!

23. Day 24

Well took yesterday and today off. Partly due to life and part due to me feeling burnt out!! I really need the break from the high stims! Friday will be my last day of dieting. I know I have fat remaining but my body wants a break from the cut. I will go on a strength focused run soon. I'm thinking an easy week next week, I'll judge how I'm feeling and either start massmax that week or wait one more

24. Final day!!

Calling it early! Just listening to my body and its sick of cutting!

Weight - 179.2

I did hit 178 which marks 40 lbs lost since my peak weight of 218! I had thought it was 216 but I looked back and turns out I must have had a couple extra cheeseburgers lol.

I'm happy where I am. Sure I could lose a few more lbs and belly fat but whatever. I'm going to go for strength for a while before I try to cut again.

I did the fat % scale again and it has improved. It's so messed up though athletic vs standard

Athletic 9.7% bf
    Standard 16.8% bf

Name:  IMG_6138.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  1.35 MB
    Name:  IMG_6139.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.34 MBName:  IMG_6142.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.33 MB

Just doing this from my phone so it's not as clean and organized as I'd like lol.

I should be starting up a log for mass in a week or so. Thanks everyone for the support!

25. Awesome progress man! You really committed to it and made it happen. I think you're at a bf level where you're primed for some growth, but take it slow. Work out a decent reverse diet and you may even see fat loss too!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 08:14 AM
  2. Good Fat Burning supp for ladies
    By guereca2620 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM
  3. Fat burning supplements for women??
    By NateWA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM
  4. best fat burning supplement for shredded abs
    By reils88 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
  5. fat burning stack for women? check it out!
    By ofwolfandman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM