28 Day Fat Burning Run for Oconns

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm making my final push before trying to bulk. I have Massmax on its and I really didn't want to start the bulk before I lost enough fat. I've made good progress over the last few months but lately I've gotten lazy and sloppy with my diet.

I've been hovering around 180 for the last month going up and down. After my daughters bday this last weekend I had way too much food and hit 185.2!

GOALS: Lose more body fat, uncover/build better abs, try to maintain as much strength as possible and finally increase my cardio

THE PLAN: Do weights 4-5 days per week. 2 "heavier" days, 2-3 Hypertrophy days. I'll be doing less exercises each workout, I plan to do them with high intensity and short rest periods 30-45 seconds. At the end of each workout I hope to add in some hard fast cardio so treadmill sprints, row, stair climber or some stuff with a sled and body weight. My program will still be based off of booneman77 PHAT.

FAT BURNERS: Chaos and Pain Red Sky, Radiate and most likely some Olympus Labs Bloodshred Raw coming.

DIET: 2500 Calories, 223g Protein, 287g Carbs, 57g Fat. I'll evaluate weekly if I need to drop calories

NOW:
IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

Hoping for some support in here and I'm always open to suggestions!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 (yesterday)

Supplements
• Red Sky before breakfast
• Preworkout - Radiate and 2 scoops Permaswole
• Intra - Anabolic State
• Post - BCAA's
• Myprotein isolate
• Daily - (This will be the only time I enter it) Creatine, Fish Oil, vitamin C, Vitamin D

Training
•Upper Body

- BB OHP - 12xBar, 5x95, 5x115, 5x125, 4x135, 5x115, 4x95
- BB Row - 10x95, 10x135, 10x185, 10x185, 10x135 (last 2 sets Rev grip)
- BB Bench - 10x135, 10x185, 5x205, 7x185, 8x135
Superset
- Wide Grip Chin-ups - 12,8
- Dips - 13, 10

- Rowing Machine - 500m - 1:51
Superset
- Lying Leg Raise with back raise - 20, 20
- KB Swings - 15x16kg, 15x16kg

Thoughts

Went hard and fast for this one! Rest times were 30-45 seconds going up in weight and going down was just the time to remove the weights. Obviously my weights went down pushing this hard. I was just pouring out the sweat! Also working outside and it's been very hot and humid lately. Focusing on getting lots of water in. Had about 2 gallons today.

Day 2

Supplements
• Radiate 1/2 scoop around lunch and 3/4 scoop around 3

Training
• No training today. Just working outside and I used my lunch hour to study for my fire exam.

Weight
• 182.4 good drop after all the brutal but tasty eating on the weekend

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah man. I'm in and have a feeling you're gonna kill it.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Was just wondering if you had an active log going! You know I'm in brotha

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Idk whether you are mesomorph or endormorph, but just looking at your calories and macro breakdown, if things aren't going as planned I'd up your fat to 30-40% and drop your carbs to remaining. Obviously this is just a suggestion in the event things don't move as quick.

Im more endo and personally get better results lowering carbs and upping fats (obviously eaten away from echo other), but just an idea!

Obviously you know your body than anyone else!

35/45/20 like you are doing seems like a good place to start. If doesn't go well, try like 35/25/40 or something! Find out what works best for you and body recomp / fat loss now so you know what to do after your next bulk. :)

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
Even though I'm 50lb away from my goal of your starting weight, I'm in.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks guys I appreciate it! Wimsicle I will for sure keep that in mind!

When I hit 2500 current macros I've been dropping. I've been tracking and I'll be good 3/4s of the day and then a bad dinner blows it up. Life's a little wild right now, I'm writing a Firefighter exam on Thursday. My mortgage is up in a couple weeks, long story short the bank wants an appraisal done so I have a bunch more home renovations to finish before Tuesday now. No excuses though! I am committed to these 28 days!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
subbed for the next evolution!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Supplements
• Red Sky - Full serving before breakfast
• PWO - Nutrabolics Supernova
• Intra - Anabolic State
• Other - 3/4 Radiate in the afternoon

Weight

Training
• Lower Body
- BB Squats - 10xBar, 10x135, 8x185, 6x205, 4x225, 4x225, 4x225
- Deadlifts - 10x135, 10x225, 7x295, 8x295
- Sled Pushes - 4 lengths x 270 plus sled, slow push
- Standing Calve Machine - Dropset finisher 10x310, 10x250, 10x190, 10x130

Thoughts
First about my weight, I'm happy my body has even backed out after the past weekend. This is where my progress has been getting stuck around 180.

The mood boost/energy I get from Red Sky in the morning is amazing! I'm just happy and full of life. My wife actually asked me this morning if I'd taken something because I was in such a good mood. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol.

Training was good and pouring sweat! I wanted to get more in but ran out of time. I'm going hard and doing these workouts in about 35 minutes.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Supplements
• Red Sky - Broken into 1 pill and 2 later

Weight

Training
• Just some swimming tonight, I'm not very good at it so it's a real workout lol!

Thoughts
• No real training today. I had to go out of town today to write my Fire exam. The wife brought home some bad dinner so I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up too much!!

Question for you experts
• My BB OHP numbers are really weak. I'm having a hard time progressing and just wondering any tips you guys might have?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Supplements
• Red Sky - Broken into 1 pill and 2 later

Weight

Training
• Just some swimming tonight, I'm not very good at it so it's a real workout lol!

Thoughts
• No real training today. I had to go out of town today to write my Fire exam. The wife brought home some bad dinner so I'm hoping my weight doesn't go up too much!!

Question for you experts
• My BB OHP numbers are really weak. I'm having a hard time progressing and just wondering any tips you guys might have?
Try contracting your lats and pulling your shoulder blades towards each other. Stabilize your back as much as possible. Make sure elbows are under shoulders. Focus on driving your shoulders up to your ears, rather than pressing the bar up. Making that mind to muscle connection should help a lot with the elbows.

Controlled on the way down too. Not too slow, as you'll hit fast twitch fibers the quicker you come down, but only if controlled properly. Eccentric movements are typically the key in getting stronger!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Try contracting your lats and pulling your shoulder blades towards each other. Stabilize your back as much as possible. Make sure elbows are under shoulders. Focus on driving your shoulders up to your ears, rather than pressing the bar up. Making that mind to muscle connection should help a lot with the elbows.

Controlled on the way down too. Not too slow, as you'll hit fast twitch fibers the quicker you come down, but only if controlled properly. Eccentric movements are typically the key in getting stronger!
Thanks man!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My best OHP increases were when I would addd 1-2 HEAVY sets to the end of my normal sets... 110-120% of my 3RM but doing push presses. (using legs to get it up) and as slow a possible down. This got me more confident putting big weights up over my head which i found was part of my progression issue (just a subconscious confidence thing). Knowing what those heaier weights felt like in the air made them seem more realistic and eventuall they were

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Supplements
• Red Sky - Before Breakfast
• Radiate/Permaswole- PWO
• Anabolic State - Intra

Weight
•180.2 (not bad after a bad dinner even though I stayed under my calories for the day. I didn't move enough with the driving and sitting to make up for it)

Training
• Treadmill - Started at incline 0 Speed 3 - Every odd minute I'd increase incline by 2 and even minutes speed by 1. Went to incline 10 speed 7 continuously then did 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 5 rounds.
• Hit some quick Shoulders
- DB shoulder press
- seated Lat raises
- cable rotator movement
- cable front raise

Thoughts
• Probably the sweatiest I've ever been in the gym! It was just pouring out! I didn't have long for weights so just hit them quick with 30 seconds rest

Feeling good so why not post a quick low quality pic lol

IMG_6032.jpg

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Supplements
• Radiate/Permaswole- PWO
• Anabolic State - Intra

Weight
•180.2 (not bad after a bad dinner even though I stayed under my calories for the day. I didn't move enough with the driving and sitting to make up for it)

Training
• Treadmill - Started at incline 0 Speed 3 - Every odd minute I'd increase incline by 2 and even minutes speed by 1. Went to incline 10 speed 7 continuously then did 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 5 rounds.
• Hit some quick Shoulders
- DB shoulder press
- seated Lat raises
- cable rotator movement
- cable front raise

Thoughts
• Probably the sweatiest I've ever been in the gym! It was just pouring out! I didn't have long for weights so just hit them quick with 30 seconds rest

Feeling good so why not post a quick low quality pic lol

View attachment 152298
Damn bro you have made crazy progress on those pics!! Lookin great

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro you have made crazy progress on those pics!! Lookin great
Thanks man! The advice and tips from you guys has been a huge help! I'm still really new to taking my fitness seriously and learning about weight training and dieting. I really appreciate the help from you guys!

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap. You're an inspiration bro! Im gonna get back on the grind!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Time to update the avi pic... doesn't even resemble you anymore ;)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Supplements

Weight

Training
• None

Thoughts
• Today was a big push for home renovations. Sketchy eating, most of the day has been protein shakes, wife got me a burger and fries for dinner. Also my weight going up yesterday even though I stayed under my calories is a bit weird seeing how much it went up. Hard to say what's water and what is fat. I just need to stick with the process and reevaluate after tomorrow.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 6

Supplements

Weight

Training
• None

Thoughts
• Today was a big push for home renovations. Sketchy eating, most of the day has been protein shakes, wife got me a burger and fries for dinner. Also my weight going up yesterday even though I stayed under my calories is a bit weird seeing how much it went up. Hard to say what's water and what is fat. I just need to stick with the process and reevaluate after tomorrow.
Weight for me fluctuates so much based on water consumption too. Food can be a significant factor but water/glycogen is the top for me

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Very good breakdown! Thanks man! I know it's not best to weigh in everyday but I like to and I know it's not a perfect read but for the most part it follows the proper path if I stick to my diet.
Yup its definitely about the trend!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Supplements
• OL Ign1te - Before Breakfast

Weight

Training
• Home ab work this morning and then it's just been more home renovations keeping busy all day.

Thoughts
• wild busy days doing reno's and running around is hurting my diet but trying to stay close. Just haven't had time to truly track.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Supplements
• OL Ign1te - Before Breakfast

Weight

Training
• Home ab work this morning and then it's just been more home renovations keeping busy all day.

Thoughts
• wild busy days doing reno's and running around is hurting my diet but trying to stay close. Just haven't had time to truly track.
How you liking ignite

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
How you liking ignite
It was just a single serving sample. I went with 3 capsules and 2 hours later. It was a different feeling but I can't put a finger on it exactly. I didn't get the same energy burst. I'd have to use it a few more times to really judge

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 7/ Day 8

Weight
• 178.8 - Day 7
• 179.6 - Day 8

Training
• None for Day 7, just home renos
• Hoping to get to the gym here on Day 8

Thoughts
• With this inconsistent diet and no training over the last few days has left me feeling weak and soft! Last night I loaded back up with calories having some Dominos Pizza! Hitting 178.8 would have been great if I was eating right and training but doing it with lack of proper dieting and training doesn't count. Focusing the diet in this week! Meal prep most meals for my work!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as you put those extra calories to good use!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Supplements
• Riot - Pre-workout

Weight

Training
Upper Body
• OHP - 8x95, 8x95, 8x95, 5x115, 4x125
• BB Row - 10x125, 8x185, 8x185, 8x185- 8x135
• Chest Press Machine - 5x235, 5x235, 5x235- 8x175-10x100
Superset
• Curl Bar - 12x80, 12x80
• Dips - 12, 12

• DB Front Raise - 12x30-10x25
• Rope PD - 20x57.5- 20x42.5-15x30

Thoughts
• bad diet and the continued cutting feels like it's catching up with me for my strength. I really didn't feel strong today.

Question
• Bloodshred Raw is here and I'm adding it into my cut. So I have BSR, Red Sky and Radiate. Any suggestions how to use them? Change it up daily? Few days a row of one then switch?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 8

Supplements
• Riot - Pre-workout

Weight

Training
Upper Body
• OHP - 8x95, 8x95, 8x95, 5x115, 4x125
• BB Row - 10x125, 8x185, 8x185, 8x185- 8x135
• Chest Press Machine - 5x235, 5x235, 5x235- 8x175-10x100
Superset
• Curl Bar - 12x80, 12x80
• Dips - 12, 12

• DB Front Raise - 12x30-10x25
• Rope PD - 20x57.5- 20x42.5-15x30

Thoughts
• bad diet and the continued cutting feels like it's catching up with me for my strength. I really didn't feel strong today.

Question
• Bloodshred Raw is here and I'm adding it into my cut. So I have BSR, Red Sky and Radiate. Any suggestions how to use them? Change it up daily? Few days a row of one then switch?
stick with one at a time and run it out. switching just means that any ingredient that doesnt have acute effect will never have a chance to build up and thus you'd waste part of each formula every time you change.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Are they all stim based?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 (I think I screwed up my dates)

Supplements
• Conquer Unleashed- PWO
• Radiate - Afternoon

Weight

Training
• Dead - 10x135, 5x225 4x315, 4x335, 5x335, 5x335

• Leg press 10x270, 10x360, 10x360, 10x360

• Calves 10x350, 10x350-10x290-10x230-10x170

Thoughts

I felt good today and wanted to go heavier for deadlifts. I'm thinking heavy squats and deadlifts on the same day is taking a lot out of me and my form suffers. On deadlift days I'll do leg presses and on squat days I'll do stiff leg deadlifts or something for higher reps. If my schedule changes and allows for more than 35 minute workouts I might consider squats and deadlifts together again

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 10 (I think I screwed up my dates)

Supplements
• Conquer Unleashed- PWO
• Radiate - Afternoon

Weight

Training
• Dead - 10x135, 5x225 4x315, 4x335, 5x335, 5x335

• Leg press 10x270, 10x360, 10x360, 10x360

• Calves 10x350, 10x350-10x290-10x230-10x170

Thoughts

I felt good today and wanted to go heavier for deadlifts. I'm thinking heavy squats and deadlifts on the same day is taking a lot out of me and my form suffers. On deadlift days I'll do leg presses and on squat days I'll do stiff leg deadlifts or something for higher reps. If my schedule changes and allows for more than 35 minute workouts I might consider squats and deadlifts together again
you could also split them and just do one heavy lift (for power reps) on the hyper days instead of one of the normal hyper rep ranges and hen youd ahve split them a few days apart

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
you could also split them and just do one heavy lift (for power reps) on the hyper days instead of one of the normal hyper rep ranges and hen youd ahve split them a few days apart
True! That would probably be better!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Supplements
• Radiate - morning
• Ferox and Permaswole- PWO

Weight

Training
Shoulders and Back
• T Bar Row - 12x75, 12x100, 12x125, 12x125
• Shrugs - 15x225, 12x295-12x225

Circuit
1 - Lat Pulldown - 15x140, 12x160, 12x160, 5x200
2 - Side Cable Raise - 15x10, 10x15, 10x15
3 - Cable Rotator - 3x10x10
• Hammer Row - 15x70, 15x70-10x40, 15x70-10x40
• KB swings - 2x15x16kg

Thoughts
Felt good. Rushed and powered through.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11

Supplements
• Radiate - morning
• Ferox and Permaswole- PWO

Weight

Training
Shoulders and Back
• T Bar Row - 12x75, 12x100, 12x125, 12x125
• Shrugs - 15x225, 12x295-12x225

Circuit
1 - Lat Pulldown - 15x140, 12x160, 12x160, 5x200
2 - Side Cable Raise - 15x10, 10x15, 10x15
3 - Cable Rotator - 3x10x10
• Hammer Row - 15x70, 15x70-10x40, 15x70-10x40
• KB swings - 2x15x16kg

Thoughts
Felt good. Rushed and powered through.
How did those KB swings feel? :)

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
How did those KB swings feel? :)
I used to warm up with 5 sets of 20 kb swings. 45lb kb... Man I should start that again I had crazy results lol. And Turkish getups end of workout

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to warm up with 5 sets of 20 kb swings. 45lb kb... Man I should start that again I had crazy results lol. And Turkish getups end of workout
I think I may do that tomorrow to warm up. I love KB swings to get that heart rate up real quick. . and no on those turkish getups.. the KB will fall on my face lol

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I think I may do that tomorrow to warm up. I love KB swings to get that heart rate up real quick. . and no on those turkish getups.. the KB will fall on my face lol
Try some Jefferson curls!! Crap man this is reminding me of some stuff I used to love doing lol.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try some Jefferson curls!! Crap man this is reminding me of some stuff I used to love doing lol.
Haha! Good recommendation.
Sorry oconns for me and wims hijacking ur thread lol , but I got some good tips!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Supplements
• Red Sky - PWO

Weight

Training
• CARDIO!! Pushed it hard for a VO2 max style run. Here is the format

IMG_6046.jpg

I made it 14:30 which is in stage 13. Sweat was pouring! I took 1 min off then did 1 more minute at stage 14. Of course that extra doesn't count.

• Sled pushed - 8 lengths - 135lbs plus sled

• some Ab work as well.

Thoughts/Challenge

If any of you guys are down to give this a go and compare how you do! I know many on here avoid cardio like the plague! Lol.

Let me know if you try!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think my treadmill at the gym goes that steep

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Supplements
• PREDATOR- NEEDED ALL DAY!! Lol

Weight

Training
• 2 mile run

Thoughts

Well today is my wife's bday and yesterday was her moms. This morning we had a big awesome breakfast! Now we are heading to the in laws for a big dinner! Going to be tough today!