Party Marty's Workout Log

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
This will be a log that is just about my workouts. I like to post my workouts in a public place so that it holds me accountable. I will also post what I am taking at the moment and that will change. Note that if I get selected for a sponsored log, I will take a break and start a new thread for it, then come back at the end of it. I will weigh myself at the start of each month. Let's do this.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I was really tired today and it carried over to the gym. It was chest day and I made it a little shorter than normal.

My supplements I'm taking right now are:

Morning:
EVL Trans4orm 2x

Lunch:
MyProtein Impact Whey Protein - Strawberry Cream - 2 scoops

Pre-workout:
EVL Trans4orm 2x
Hi-Tech Off the Chain Aminos - Sweet Tea - 1 scoop
Muscletech Neurocore - Watermelon - 1 scoop

Post-workout
(Today)Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein - Blueberry Muffin - 2 scoops
(After today) MyProtein Impact Whey Protein - Cinnamon Bun - 3 scoops

My workout today was:

Incline Hammer Strength Press 225x3x10, 225x1x8
Flat Close Grip Bench Press Machine 150x3x10
Pec-Deck Flies 205x3x12

Elliptical Steady State Cardio 30 minutes
Sauna 10 minutes

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Love to see them HiTech Suppies in the mix. In for this

gav86

Awards
  • Established
Can I recommend you do more exercises? Not sure if your still cutting but you'd get more out of it.
Steady state cardio = waste of time. It's too short or too slow paced.
Sauna= waste of time. You'd be get more out of being in a freezer.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I usually do more. I had a bad day, no energy. It almost became a rest day, but instead was a shorter workout day. I will think about your words regarding the cardio, though.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I started doing the sauna for 10 minutes at the tail end because I liked the way it felt. I know the science is questionable on its effects.

That being said, I will go ahead and shake things up. This is why I decided to post these logs publicly. Today, I will do a full workout day for shoulders and then 20 minutes of HIIT. My time is limited in the gym so I will put the extra 20 minutes saved from cutting 10 minutes of SS and another 10 from the sauna into weightlifting. That will be the intention moving forward. Each week will be 5 days on and 2 days off. One rest day will always be Friday. The second rest day will usually be Saturday, but it will float if I can actually get to the gym that morning. This weekend, I will be at the MVA (MD's version of the DMV) changing my license...

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Today was my first day of doing HIIT and having a bigger focus on weightlifting. It was a shoulder day.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 205x4x10
Seated DB Side Lateral Raises 30x4x10
Seated DB Front Raises 30x4x10
Upright Rows 80x4x10
Barbell Shrugs 225x1x10, 275x3x10
Rope Face Pulls 77.5x4x10
Seated DB Press 50x3x10, 50x1x8

HIIT Treadmill Cardio 20 minutes

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Back day. I killed it and we're going on a hike later. This is going to be rough.

I also used my sample of Controlled Labs' White Rapids Pineapple preworkout. It gave me a nice energy and it sustained through my entire workout.; The flavor was a little chalky and tart, but was by no means undrinkable. I'd say the effects of the product were worth the taste.

Seated Cable Row 175x4x10
Row Machine 270x4x10
High Row Machine 225x1x10, 275x3x10
Prone Incline DB Rows 65x4x8
Lat Pulldown Behind Head 180x4x10
Straight-Arm Cable Pushdown 62.5x4x10

HIIT Elliptical 20 minutes

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I was still pretty sore from the hike at Billy Goat Trail A yesterday and my energy level wasn't where I wanted it to be. Despite that, I had a nice arm day.

Standing EZ-Bar Curls 80x5x10
Cross Hammer Curls 45x4x8
Seated Incline DB Curls 30x4x10
Lying Triceps Extensions 80x3x12
Seated DB Skullcrushers 70x4x10
V-Bar Cable Pushdown 82.5x4x10

Here are some pictures from the hike yesterday:

BGT1.jpg

BGT2.jpg

BGT3.jpg

BGT4.jpg

BGT5.jpg

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
It was a leg day today. My legs are still a bit tender from the hike but I put in a decent day. For whatever reason, the Off the Chain Aminos hit me harder than usual and I actually didn't even take a PWO today.

Leg Extension Machine 190x6x10
Lying Leg Curl Machine 100x6x12
Leg Press 360x1x10, 450x3x10

20170703_185519.jpg

20170703_191319.jpg

I also tried a sample of Dymatize ISO100 peanut butter protein today after my workout. It was on the thin side (which is a good thing) and reminded me of a peanut butter cookie. There is a big difference between peanut butter and a peanut butter cookie to me, although I can't really word what that difference is. I enjoyed the protein and would gladly have it again. Peanut butter cookies are some of my favorite cookies.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Rest Day. Happy Fourth of July!

IMG_20170704_221631_072.jpg

20170704_212558.jpg

FB_IMG_1499216684273.jpg

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Chest Day. Today was Monday 2.0 because of the holiday yesterday but once I got into the gym, I felt great.

Flat Bench Press 185x4x10
Incline Hammer Strength Press 225x4x10
Incline DB Press 65x4x10
Incline DB Flies 27.5x4x10
Pec Deck Flies 70x4x10
Pushup Burnout

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder Day. Woot, woot!

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 205x4x10
Upright Rows 80x4x10
Barbell Shrugs 275x4x10
Seated DB Press 50x4x10

HIIT Treadmill Cardio 20 minutes

I also bought some Fat Gripz Extremes and will probably only use them during bicep workouts. I am excited to get some forearm work in since I mostly neglect them...

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
20170706_201802.jpg

20170706_201810.jpg

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
We're going to the ridiculous 3-story mall near me to go birthday shopping for my dad and grandma. Before that, though, I went to the gym for a back day. I had more energy today because I slept in and felt great. I also threw on some curls with my new Fat Gripz Extreme and they were rough. My poor forearms had no chance. I will have to figure out how to utilize them in my workouts.

Seated Cable Row 175x4x10
Row Machine 270x4x10
High Row Machine 275x4x10
Bentover Barbell Rows 135x1x10, 155x4x10
Lat Pulldown Behind Head 180x4x10
Seated Alternating DB Curls with Fat Gripz Extreme 30x4x10

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Decided to weigh in today. I came in at:

270.9 lbs
32.6% fat

Leg Day. Again, I felt good due to more sleep than usual. I popped my Dymatize sweet cherry lime preworkout sample and found it to be quite nice. It mixed thin with 12 oz of water and tasted just like cherry sours or gummy worms. 10-15 minutes later, I had tingles in my lips and ears. I didn't have any noticeable crash during my workout either.

Dymatize PWO 1.jpg

Dymatize PWO 2.jpg

Dymatize PWO 3.jpg

Leg Extension Machine 190x6x10
Lying Leg Curl Machine 100x6x12
Leg Press 450x4x10
Slow Barbell Squats 135x4x10
Seated Calf Raises 90x4x12

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I mixed things up today and went to my apartment gym for arm day. I busted out my Fat Grip Extremes for some forearm action as well. At my LA Fitness, I'm nothing special, but at my apartment gym, I'm apparently an unearthly monster so that's always fun.

Fat Grip Hammer Curls 20x6x12
Fat Grip DB Skullcrushers 20x6x12
Seated Alternating DB Curls 45x4x10
Rope Push Down (Apt) 100x4x12
Straight Bar Cable Curls (Apt) 110x4x10
Overhead Rope Extensions (Apt) 100x4x12

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Involuntary rest day due to having to pack to be ready to drive to Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH directly after work tomorrow (6-ish hours) Ugh....

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Alright. I'm back in town and back in the groove. Today was a chest day. I got my HyperMax XT and will be posting in a separate log for it as well 3x per week for the next month. I will start using it tomorrow.

Flat Bench Press 185x4x10
Incline Hammer Strength Press 225x4x10
Pec Deck Flies 205x4x10
Incline Close Grip Bench Press Machine 150x4x10

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Today, I started my HyperMax XT Strawberry Kiwi log. It seems like a very powerful and effective PWO.I tweaked my back in Cleveland and that effected me today but the HMXT got me so amped, I powered right through it for my shoulder workout. I did drop cardio and one of my exercises, though, because of it.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 205x4x10 185x2x10
Cable Shrugs (Slow) 150x4x12

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Well, my back is grits. My wife had to help me put my socks on today and I am alternating sitting and standing at my desk at work. This happened about a year and a half ago and then it went away, but my lower back hasn't felt strong as long as I can remember. I think it's spinal and my wife and I agreed I should probably get x rays soon after we go to Pennsylvania this weekend. This is so frustrating. I see people do bad form deadlifts and squats all day, every day and because of my back, I never push it, but still somehow got screwed again...

It hurts to even stand still, but I am at least going to walk and try to keep some kind of exercise up during this...

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Alright. I am feeling infinitely better. I will go back to the gym tomorrow. It might just be just for cardio, but I'm hoping I feel good enough to maybe do arms. My back is still tender and I am doing a decent amount of walking to keep the blood moving. At this point, it is mildly uncomfortable but not painful.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I hit the gym today and I felt good. I took special care not to bend over and completely let my back take the brunt of the weight. It was a nice arm day and the involvement of the FatGripz got some forearm action into the workout. It is worth noting that I began a 2-month keto yesterday. I have started to hit the keto flu, I believe, and if it is like last time, I will feel pretty drained throughout the whole process. That being said, the HyperMax XT I am logging is helping a lot and making me feel awesome in the gym. I will be leaning on it for sure!

My starting stats for my 2-month keto diet:

271.7 lbs
32.4% body fat

Marty body front 07.25.2017.jpg

Marty body side 07.25.2017.jpg

Marty body back 07.25.2017.jpg

Here was my workout today:

Standing EZ-Bar Curls 80x6x10
FatGripz Hammer Curls 25x6x10
Incline Alternating DB Curls 32.5x3x8
Lying DB Tricep Extension 32.5x6x10
Rope Pushdowns 57.5x6x10

Elliptical HIIT 20 minutes

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 of keto. Keto flu is hitting hard, but because of my HyperMax XT, I had a nice shoulder workout. I worked out in my apartment gym, which is pretty lacking with only dumbbells that go up to 50s, but luckily, my shoulder routine doesn't require much more. If I was at LA Fitness, I would have done some heavy barbell shrugs and Hammer Strength Military Press, but I was already home and it's a 30 second walk to my apartment gym. I can't complain.

Standing Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises 30x6x10
Standing Dumbbell Fron Raises 30x6x10
Dumbbell Shrugs with 3-Sec Holds 50x6x10
Rope Face Pulls 77.5x6x10

HIIT Elliptical Machine 20 minutes

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
(copied from my HyperMax XT log)

My back feels great finally, although my energy levels are taking a hit from keto. I have decided to start experimenting with bouillon cubes for extra sodium and magnesium tablets to try to get more non-preworkout-based energy.

That being said, HyperMax XT came to the rescue. I mixed it with 16 ounces of water, mixed great again. I'm starting to enjoy the flavor more and more and the energy has been a godsend. As usual, I enjoyed an increased heart rate and more sweat more than normal. I also have enjoyed the pump, but my endurance has been taking a hit due to keto and lack of sleep. I have enjoyed HyperMax XT a lot and am so glad I have a lot of days left of it.

Flat Barbell Bench Press 185x2x10, 185x2x8
Incline Hammer Strength Chest Press 225x3x8, 225x2x6
Pec Deck Flies 205x6x10
Freemotion Chest Press 45x1x10, 50x2x10, 60x3x10

HIIT Elliptical Cardio 20 mins

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of HyperMax also. One of my favorite pre's at this point.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I can't do keto. I've tried it a few times and just admitted that it isn't for me. I turn into a couch potato with zero drive for anything.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
And I can't do keto. I've tried it a few times and just admitted that it isn't for me. I turn into a couch potato with zero drive for anything.
It's the toughest part of it and I haven't figured it out yet. I am only doing it until the end of September so I can make it through it. I couldn't do it all of the time. I like bread and having energy in the gym too much. More so on the bread.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I've been following the advice of Wimsicle and am consuming chicken bouillon cubes and magnesium tablets. I'm thinking of also buying a bottle of potassium tablets to really make sure I have the electrolytes I need while on keto. I feel better already. HyperMax XT is still kicking ass too during my workouts.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 205x3x10, 205x3x8
Standing DB Side Lateral Raises 30x4x10
EZ-Bar Upright Rows 80x6x10
Cable Machine Shrugs 150x4x12

No cardio today

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Single-Arm Seated Cable Row 87.5x4x10
High Row 275x4x10
Close Grip Lat Pulldown 145x4x10
Straight-Arm Straight-Bar Cable Push Down 62.5x4x10
Single-Arm Cable Lawnmower Pull 57.5x2x10, 47.5x2x10.

HIIT Elliptical Cardio 20 minutes

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Short sweet and to the point!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Short sweet and to the point!
I'm logging three times per week for four weeks in another thread about HyperMax XT and I don't feel like writing two different posts every day anymore. Lol. It was just easier. I never was known for being creative...

On the brightside, I will be logging 1 and 4 andro in October after this two month keto, so that will be fun. There will actually be progress to post about...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I enjoyed the Andro stack I did the first of the year. Was thinking about doing it again but am also considering running some darks instead.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed the Andro stack I did the first of the year. Was thinking about doing it again but am also considering running some darks instead.
What are darks?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Fckn auto correct!! Sarms......How the h3ll did it turn Sarms into darks.
Well, that makes more sense! Haha. I have never tried a SARM. I've had my eye on S4 and GW-501516 for a while, especially since you supposedly don't need to run PCT with them. Everything that actually works in terms of muscle growth just costs so dang much! I went with the Andros because I used them once before and good results, and found good deals on eBay for them.

Which SARMs were you considering?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm off to Sykesville, PA for the third time in 3 weeks. Lol. I won't be able to work out over the weekend, but I will be back on my normal regimen starting Monday. Woo hoo! I am also going to take pics and log my weight and BF% then since it has been a bit.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
(Copied from HyperMax XT log)

I had a leg day that was cut short yesterday so I didn't count it on the log. Today was an arm day and the HyperMax XT got it done. With my Fat Gripz and the pump from the HyperMax, my forearms were barking. It was a nice day and I left with a smile on my face. I also finished with a superset and it felt dang good.

The HyperMax XT mixed great as usual, tasted good, and worked in around 15 minutes. I went from a little tired to ready to go, just how I like my preworkout to work.

Fat Gripz Hammer Curls 30x1x8, 25x5x10
Fat Gripz Standing DB Skull Crushers 20/each armx6x12
Standing Alternating DB Curls 40x2x10, 40x2x8
Overhead Rope Extensions (Apartment) 100x4x12
Straight Bar Cable Curls/Straight Bar Pushdowns (Superset) 80x1x10, 80x1x10, 80x1x10

No cardio today

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Weight update:

261.7 lbs
33.0% BF

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
(copied from my HyperMax XT log)

Week Three / Log Two

I took a scoop around 10 minutes before I went to the gym for a chest day. I didn't get proper sleep so work was a little rough, but the HyperMax XT kicked me into gear. I had a great pump and the whole workout burned nice. I'm still loving this stuff. I really love the flavor of the strawberry kiwi mixed with my lemon lime creatine.

Flat Barbell Bench Press 185x4x8
Incline Hammer Strength Chest Press 225x6x8
Pec Deck Flies 205x6x10
Close Grip Press Machine 150x5x8

HIIT Elliptical Cardio 20 minutes

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Missed this somehow yesterday. That's almost 10 pounds, right? Pretty solid weightloss man!!
I'm sure 7 lbs or so is waterweight from starting keto. Lol.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Hiking at Great Falls Park.

20170813_170720.jpg

20170813_170559.jpg

20170813_162521.jpg

20170813_162016.jpg

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a great way to spend the day!!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a great way to spend the day!!
I like to hike. I would do it every weekend if the wife would let me. That and kayaking. We finally went and hiked on the Virginia side of the Potomac, but to be honest, I strongly prefer the Maryland side at Billy Goat Trail. Way less kids and traffic. Everyone was just like... screaming for no reason. There was no freaking way we were going to see any birds or animals.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
*copied from HyperMax XT log*

I have been curious about going over a scoop and since I'm going into the last week of my log, I decided to do a scoop and half. I loved it. I was pretty tired at work and I was really dreading going to the gym. I drank the HyperMax XT 10 minutes out from the gym and I was ready to burst out of the car when I got to the gym. I had a great back day and the energy lasted the whole session. I swear I felt... hotter... while I did my cardio. I was out of breath and there was a noticeable kick to my a** I don't normally feel. I've been home for an hour and I'm still kind of buzzing. I am considering doing two scoops tomorrow, but maybe I shouldn't. Haha. Maybe I will do two scoops for my final log. End these fireworks with a finale!

Seated Cable Row 175x6x10
High Row Machine 180x1x10, 230x3x8
Row Machine 230x1x10, 270x3x8
Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown 170x4x10
Straight-Arm Straight-Bar Cable Pushdown 62.5x4x10

Elliptical HIIT Cardio 20 mins

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I like to hike. I would do it every weekend if the wife would let me. That and kayaking. We finally went and hiked on the Virginia side of the Potomac, but to be honest, I strongly prefer the Maryland side at Billy Goat Trail. Way less kids and traffic. Everyone was just like... screaming for no reason. There was no freaking way we were going to see any birds or animals.
I took a boat ride on the Potomac not long ago. Girlfriend and I went to DC. Me for work, her for vacation lol. Started in Georgetown and ended in Alexandria. Yes touristy, but it was neat.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been hiking the Ozark Trail for the last few years. I've got the first few sections done, about halfway, probably. Typically will do a week at a time, hitting 70 miles per week. As I work my way south, the daily mileage increases as the trail gets easier.

P1010520.JPG

This is the typical terrain. Loose rocks on the hillsides, rock "glades" on the tops and creeks and rivers in the valleys. Total calf workout!

If it wasn't so far, I'd come out that way for a hike

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
P1010546.JPG

Pictures really don't do it justice.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I took a boat ride on the Potomac not long ago. Girlfriend and I went to DC. Me for work, her for vacation lol. Started in Georgetown and ended in Alexandria. Yes touristy, but it was neat.
My wife and I are trying to get back down south to FL or GA so this is a giant tourist adventure for us. I love DC and southern Maryland. In fact, it's the best place I've ever lived or even been to. The only thing it really is missing is a proper beach, but our families, friends, warmer weather, and cheaper living beckon...

Georgetown was cool. My favorite part was Georgetown Cupcakes... well, because of the cupcakes. Of course we went to the Exorcist steps because that's what tourists do...