Party Marty's Workout Log

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I've been hiking the Ozark Trail for the last few years. I've got the first few sections done, about halfway, probably. Typically will do a week at a time, hitting 70 miles per week. As I work my way south, the daily mileage increases as the trail gets easier.

Attachment 153246

This is the typical terrain. Loose rocks on the hillsides, rock "glades" on the tops and creeks and rivers in the valleys. Total calf workout!

If it wasn't so far, I'd come out that way for a hike
    That is my favorite kind of hike. I want to step and climb over rocks. I hate when it's just a dirt path or even worse... paved. That's called walking at that point! I strongly recommend Billy Goat Trail Concourse A if you ever find yourself around DC. There are points where you're jumping from rock to rock. It started raining on us and I had old shoes with no tread. It was terrifying. Safe to say I bought new shoes since then... Despite the lack of mountains here, the Potomac has some pretty cool cliffs along it. Of course, you can also drive south to VA or west to WV/Maryland panhandle. It's my favorite part of living here. Florida, my home state, is flaaaaaat. Those beaches, though! And no snow!

And my wife starts getting complain-y when we hit 3-4 hours on a hike. I keep trying to convince her to do a 6-hour hike and bring food and granola bars and stuff. She's not having it. I think I'm going to try to win the kayak battle before I tackle that one. A state park near us lets you rent kayaks and ride on the lake. I've been wanting to do it the whole three years I've been here, but stuff keeps coming up. That, and my wife keeps not wanting to do it.

2. (copied from HyperMax XT log)

A scoop and a half is the bomb for me. I did it again and once again, I'm buzzing after getting home from the gym. I mixed it with 16 oz of water, it mixed smooth, and I gulped it down. Ten minutes later, I got in the gym ready to kill it. I ran hot again and got a nice sweat on, which I prefer, and I actually got nearly 5 sets into my workout before I realized my music wasn't on. I was just wearing my headphones with nothing playing. Haha! Also, for the first time, I noticed a vein popping on my right shoulder while I was curling. I'm on the higher BF% and on a cut, so that's a huge sign of progress for me. That wasn't there when I started using HyperMax XT three weeks ago. What a great day in the gym again. You better believe I'm doing a scoop and a half for the rest of the container. Man, I feel good! (still buzzing)

Fat Gripz Hammer Curls 20x3x20, 20x3x16
    Fat Gripz Standing DB Skull Crushers 20/each armx6x12
    Standing Alternating DB Curls 40x4x10
    Overhead Rope Extensions (Apartment) 100x4x12
    Straight Bar Cable Curls/Straight Bar Pushdowns (Superset) 80x1x10, 80x1x10, 80x1x10
    •   

3. Also, my weight has hung at about 260 lbs for the last week, so I shaved my total calorie consumption from 2,450 per day to 2,200. I will see if this will unstick my progress. Either way, I'm feeling good, and I think I look better. I know weight isn't everything, but I do have a lot to lose so that's why I will tweak that number.

4. You're right. It's better to focus on looks and how you feel, instead of the scale!!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

5. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You're right. It's better to focus on looks and how you feel, instead of the scale!!
    Don't go giving me an out. You're fat, Marty! Be ashamed!
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."
    •   

6. You fat, lazy bastard!!

(better?)
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

7. I should have paid better attention. My 5,000th post was calling you a fat lazy bastard. Might have to edit it to something a little nicer.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

8. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I should have paid better attention. My 5,000th post was calling you a fat lazy bastard. Might have to edit it to something a little nicer.
    Haha. I'm glad I could he part of such a milestone. That is motivation if I ever saw it!
    "In this world, empires rise and fall. Ages come and go. The only thing that's certain: Everything will someday die."

9. I had to bail on the gym after 6 sets of Incline Press because of an emergency, but I did a bunch of push ups.. Yeah, my chest day was kind of blown this week. I'll make up for it. Sometimes life happens. :/

10. (copied from HyperMax XT log)

Week Four / Log Three

I got 9 hours of sleep and woke up ready to hit the gym. I ate a Quest bar and then took a scoop and a half of HyperMax XT and went straight to the gym. I felt great. I was buzzing with clean powerful energy like usual. The thing I love about HyperMax is that instead of hitting hard and then feeling it slip away as you do sets, it almost ramps up and up and by the time I'm on my 6-8th set, I'm on top of the world. That's not to say that it lacks on the front-end. I love this stuff. Today was a shoulder day. Lots of burning and pumps. Another note is that after I'm done working out, I'm whooped, but I still feel good... like I'm mentally buzzing. It's hard to explain, but I've been jumping around preworkouts for the last year or so and I haven't felt one quite like this.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 205x6x10
    Seated DB Side Lateral Raises 30x4x10
    Seated DB Front Raises 30x4x10
    EZ-Bar Upright Row 80x6x10
    Barbell Shrugs 275x4x10

11. Leg day. I felt pretty good today after solid sleep (I only seem to get this on weekends).

Leg Extension Machine 190x4x10
    Lying Leg Curl Machine 100x6x12
    Leg Press 450x4x10
    Barbell Squats 135x4x10
    Seated Calf Raise Machine 90x4x12

12. Weigh-in:

8/21/2017: 257.5 lbs, 32.4% BF

Previous:

8/9/2017: 261 lbs, 33.0% BF

My weight loss finally got unstuck by lowering my daily calories from 2,450 to 2,200. I will hang around the 2,200 mark until my weight loss stalls or I hit the end of my cut at the end of September (which comes first).

13. I bought and drank a Sour Heads Bang energy drink on the way to the gym and then took 3/4 of a scoop of HyperMax XT. Solid back workout today. I felt good and I got my sweat on. The best part is that I have a Lemon Drop Bang for tomorrow morning.

Seated Cable Row 175x6x10
    High Row Machine 240x3x8
    Bentover Barbell Row 155x4x10
    Row Machine 270x4x8
    Narrow Grip Lat Pulldown 150x4x10

Elliptical HIIT Cardio 20 mins

14. Have you ever tried cable face pulls??
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

15. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Have you ever tried cable face pulls??
    Yeah, I incorporate them on shoulder day sometimes. I do my rear delts on shoulder day usually. I prefer the cable face pulls way more than any of the rear delt machines.

16. I took an unplanned rest day yesterday and was going to make up for it today, but work kept me too long. It is the 4th Quarter and I work for the govt. It's only going to get crazier. I am going to try to not have it affect my gym time, but it did today.

Tomorrow will be chest day and I'm looking forward to it.

Now I'm going to get my Maryland-mandated emissions test on my car and then stop by a Vitamin Shoppe to try the Cotton Candy Bang energy if they have it...

17. I popped a sample with two servings of Muscletech Vapor X5 Icy Rocket Freeze. The flavor was very interesting. It was like tangy and had the flavor of a classic blue snowcone, but it had a mint component to it. It gave the illusion that the drink was cold. I liked it a lot. In terms of the effect, it hit pretty hard. I even got a little nauseous at first but once it subsided, I had a great workout and a great pump. I would probably do one scoop if I had a container of it, but since the sample had two servings, I took them both.

Flat Barbell Bench Press 185x4x10
    Incline Hammer Strength Chest Press 225x6x8
    Pec Deck Flies 205x6x10
    Flat Machine Close Grip Press 150x4x8

18. Had a quick shoulder session and then had to clean my apartment because a friend and his wife are stopping by (first friends to visit in 3 years living in the DC area). It's been a frantic day. I popped a Controlled Labs watermelon White Pipes sample and it really made my workout nice.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 225x6x8
    Standing DB Side Lateral Raises 30x4x10
    Seated DB Front Raises 30x4x10
    EZ-Bar Upright Rows 80x6x10

Cardio... cleaning my apartment in fast forward? Lol.

19. turn and burn kind of leg day. Now we're going to go hiking at Cunningham Falls Nature Trail. Sort of a two-part leg day, I suppose. Then, shopping and Game of Throne finale.

Leg Extension Machine 190x8x10
    Lying Leg Curl Machine 100x6x12
    Leg Press 450x4x10

cardio: hiking (idk for how long yet)

20. Will need pics from the hike, please.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

21. Cunningham Falls Nature Trail had no crazy views but there was a cool waterfall and it was nice and somewhat challenging. This was easier than what I wanted to do but I made my wife agree to doing the much harder Wolf Rock and Chimney Rock Trail next time.

Name:  20170827_163557.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  92.3 KBName:  20170827_163625.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  213.8 KBName:  20170827_164139.jpg
Size:  185.7 KBName:  20170827_171035.jpg
Size:  116.7 KBName:  20170827_170934.jpg
Size:  179.4 KBName:  20170827_172211.jpg
Size:  218.6 KBName:  20170827_172630.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  227.8 KB

22. It's Monday, which means official weigh-in day. My BF is determined by my scale, which is not very accurate, but I figure it usually measures me inaccurately in a consistent manner. However, late last week, I was down in the upper 31% range before yesterday, when I rocketed back into the high 32% range. I don't know what to think about that, but I'm sure it is inaccurate and that I did not gain BF %. Next week's weigh-in will answer that anomaly. The weight is still going down.

Weigh-in:

8/28/2017: 254.4 lbs, 32.6% BF

Previous:

8/21/2017: 257.5 lbs, 32.4% BF

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS SINCE STARTING KETO (7/24/2017)

-17.3 lbs

I also will list the supplements I'm taking at the moment:

Morning:
    2 caps Shizophrenic Psycho (thermo)
    1 250mg tablet magnesium
    4 99mg tablets potassium
    1 cube chicken bouillon

Lunch:
    1 pak Animal Pak multi vitamins
    4 99mg tablets potassium

Pre-workout:
    1.5 scoops HyperMax XT strawberry kiwi PWO
    1 cap Schizophrenic Psycho (thermo)
    1 250mg tablet magnesium
    1 scoop Ergogenix pineapple mango Amino+
    1 cube chicken bouillon

Post workout:
    1 scoop MyProtein cinnamon roll protein powder w/ 12 oz of unsweetened almond milk and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
    1 scoop EVL cafe latte Energy BCAAs

23. Scales are totally useless for bf readings mate. Mine jumps all over the place. It tells me I'm 16% and I hardly have any fat on me I can see all my abs. One day it'll say 15.6 the next day it could say 16.2. Load of pish.

24. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Scales are totally useless for bf readings mate. Mine jumps all over the place. It tells me I'm 16% and I hardly have any fat on me I can see all my abs. One day it'll say 15.6 the next day it could say 16.2. Load of pish.
    I know. I figure the scale's built-in feature will help me know the ballpark that I'm in, which is helpful as I'm so high right now. Once I get low enough to where it really matters, I will find a better way for determining it. At the end of the day, I'm more worried about holding muscle and how I look. I KNOW when I've lost weight, but it satisfies a part of my brain being able to sort of quantify it.

25. Do you think you're over 30%? I remember seeing your pics at the start of your last log and thinking you were only about mid twenties. Hard to judge from pics tho.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 10:30 PM
  2. Phillyb's Workout Log
    By phillyb in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
  3. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 01:16 AM