Bcr50 is back again

1. Bcr50 is back again

Hello everyone. I am back to logging again after a long time removed from this forum. I started logging my junior year of high school and did it faithfully until college started.

I continued to lift throughout college. Also, I really missed football, but due to previous injuries I wasn't able to continue my sport in college. As a result, I walked in and played collegiate soccer throughout my time at university. I recently graduated with a BS in biochemistry and will begin my PhD in cancer biology this fall.

I decided that I wanted to log my routine again. However, I decided against using my original profile due to my username being to obviously connected to my real identity. Therefore, I will be using this account as my new main!

I will be updating almost every day with everything from my lifting to my reading. I really missed getting input from this community and hopefully I will stick with logging for the years to come!

Anyone is more than welcome to provide feedback and follow my journey!

Welcome!

2. Here is an update on my stats:

Sex: Male
    Height: 5 ft 9 in
    Weight: ~ 185 lbs (will give official weight with first exercise log)
    Bench max: 295 (note that all maxes are what I currently can do, not my max of all time)
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 345
    OHP: 180
    •   

3. Bcr50 is back again

Here is an update on my life:

I recently graduated with a BS in biochemistry. I will be starting my PhD at Duke. I am extremely excited for the transition. I will spend this summer back home. Since my funding is extremely nice, I will not have to work this summer. As a result, I am focusing on improving myself both physically and mentally.

I am taking a few courses through MIT in coding this summer, and I have a long list of books that I want to make my way through. Currently, I am reading Stephen King's It since the new movie is coming out in September.

I recently purchased a bicycle and I am going to work on increasing my fitness in this area. I am planning to bike to work. It is only 1.5 mile each way, but I want to be comfortable so I do not sweat that much going back and forth between home and the laboratory.

In the gym: before the end of undergrad I was a few weeks in to Madcows 5x5. Since I had 8 graduate school interview ranging from the east to the west coast, I was not able to consistently progressed as I hope. Therefore, when I start at the gym again next week. I hopefully will have a small period where my body will get acclimated again to the gym.

This is my first summer in three years where I am fully focusing on the gym. All of the summers of undergrad, I worked full time in a molecular biology laboratory. This led to me basically maintaining my strength from high school. So I am excited to push myself in the gym again!
  4. Bcr50 is back again

5/17/2017

Wt: 191.8
    Bike ride: 3.66 miles in 23 min 05 sec.

I am relatively happy with this time for my introductory route. My goal is to do this route until I pedal the entire time and it feels relatively easy. Then I will move on to my path that's a little under 5 miles. Not a perfect first ride, but I'll take it.
  5. Bcr50 is back again

5/17/2017
    Morning supps:
    Fish oil, creatine, vitamin D
    •   

6. I am currently working my way through a bunch of Stephen King novels. I have already read 11/22/62 and the Dark Tower series. I am about a quarter of the way through It. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of what other of his books are worth a read! Let me know!

7. In for your log! IT is amazing, but it is the only Stephen King book I have read. I believe the movie coming out this year is suppose to follow the book more closely.. Not sure if you have seen the old film for TV with Tim Curry as Pennywise?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    In for your log! IT is amazing, but it is the only Stephen King book I have read. I believe the movie coming out this year is suppose to follow the book more closely.. Not sure if you have seen the old film for TV with Tim Curry as Pennywise?
    I actually watched the film last week. I really enjoyed Curry's portrayal of Pennywise. This is why I am concerned for Skarsgov's because it will always be compared to one of the most iconic acting roles in the past 30 years!

9. Yea he did a great job. Hopefully they get it right! Either way, the read itself will always be best

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Yea he did a great job. Hopefully they get it right! Either way, the read itself will always be best
    Totally agree my man!
  11. Bcr50 is back again

5/18/2017

Today is my off day from any official workout. I took the dog for a walk this morning and I'll mow the lawn after the sun drops. Today mainly is going to be spent working on my Spanish with Rossetta stone and watching the buccos against the nationals!
  12. Bcr50 is back again

5/19/2017

Wt: 191.4 lbs

Bicycle: 3.66 miles in 20 min 22 secs.

I realize that my cardio is absolutely dreadful compare to my other stats. So I am okay that my times are not great in comparison to most people. I did today cut almost 3 minutes off my time from two days ago. So I am hoping I am a fast "grower" here! This is my cardio only week, next week I'll throw in core, and the week after I'm back to the gym!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Bcr50 View Post
    I am currently working my way through a bunch of Stephen King novels. I have already read 11/22/62 and the Dark Tower series. I am about a quarter of the way through It. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of what other of his books are worth a read! Let me know!
    The Dark Half and The Shining are pretty decent imo.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Donation option is back!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 07:32 AM
  2. The Rabbit is alive and back again!!!!
    By garyrabbit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
  3. Rakey is Back AGAIN!
    By txwakeskater in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 02:22 PM
  4. Sprained back AGAIN- DL form Questions.
    By hypo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:42 PM
  5. C-bizzle is back under the new name QQQQQQ
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 09:52 PM