Mowgli throws away the Ugly Sweater and gets PHAT AF

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys,

This will be my 2nd workout log and want to start fresh with a PHAT routine and retire the Ugly Sweater Routine ;). I am going to go ahead and be doing booneman77 6 day PHAT and see how that goes. I also have his 5 day that I can fall back on if there is any day constraints due to work/life schedules. I am hoping to up my strength and continue to pack muscle.

Thanks again booneman77 for all the help! I'll post some starting stats and pictures soon (hopefully before Monday)

Routine:
Boone's Modified 6 Day PHAT
Power Lower, Push, Pull, Hyper Lower, Push Pull

Start Date:
Monday, 4/24/2017
Tomorrow and Saturday I will focus on seeing where my (low as hell) Squat and Bench numbers are at

Best Lifts:
Deadlift: 315 lbs x 2
Squat: 265 lbs x 1
Bench: 205 lbs x 1

Stats as of 4/20/2017:
179 lbs
5'11"

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In first!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In for this

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
So true man! I love the 5 day split layout

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
You can do it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha I'm just glad you guys (that have tried it already for a bit) are liking it! I keep saying I'm gonna try out something different but I can't seem to find a good reason since i'm still getting results and there's enough variety to keep it interesting.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was squat PR attempt. 265lbs for 1 rep. I added 270lbs but didn't go for it. 265 felt pretty heavy and I'd rather start my PHAT than start an injury recory. Tomorrow is bench attempt

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was bench 1 rep max attempt .. 205 lbs x 1. Now I have my benchmarks and see what kind of gains I make :)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some nudez for you guys. So this is 22 day difference. Took the right pics on April 1st. Besides getting my damn hair cut I do see some changes. Specially in my back. I've been doing 2-5 pull ups everyday whenever I can to try and open up my lats . So now I have a visual bench mark for this PHAT run!
IMG_4341.JPG
IMG_4342.JPG
IMG_4343.JPG

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-Vein Nutrition - Blood Shot - Blackberry Lemonade - 1 scoop
Intra
-Stance Nutrition - BCAA - 1 scoop

Let us begin! Today I was still pretty sore from my PR and 4x12 from Friday, but the PWO kicked in and I progressively warmed up and I set and ready to go! This work out felt awesome!

Legs Power
-Squat: 225 lbs
-Straight Leg DL: 205-225 lbs
-Leg Ext: 170-175 lbs
-Leg Curl: 150-165 lbs
-Sit Calf: 185-205lbs
-Stand Calf: 225 lbs
-Cardio: 10 min Elliptical

-Muscle Tech Platinum Creatine - 1 Scoop
-Finaflex Active Multivitamin

Through the Day
C&P Helios

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dude! Your progress in 22 days is pretty dang good. I misread which pictures were which and I thought at first you were trying to bulk. Lol. Abs in the first pic and none in the second. But I was backwards. Your killing it man. Boone hooked me up with that phat a while back and it's awesome! Push hard and do atleast what the program calls for.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude! Your progress in 22 days is pretty dang good. I misread which pictures were which and I thought at first you were trying to bulk. Lol. Abs in the first pic and none in the second. But I was backwards. Your killing it man. Boone hooked me up with that phat a while back and it's awesome! Push hard and do atleast what the program calls for.
Lol! Yea, i guess i did place the pictures backwards from conventional reading direction. Thanks man, i appreciate it! Heck yea i'm going to see how long i can keep this program going!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol! Yea, i guess i did place the pictures backwards from conventional reading direction. Thanks man, i appreciate it! Heck yea i'm going to see how long i can keep this program going!
it is the PHAT that nev-er ennnndddssss... yes it goes on and on my frieeeennnddssss... some people, started lifting it, not knowing what it was... and theyll continue lifting it forever just becuase this is the PHAT that never eennnnddss

everyone enjoy having that stuck in your heads all day haha

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
it is the PHAT that nev-er ennnndddssss... yes it goes on and on my frieeeennnddssss... some people, started lifting it, not knowing what it was... and theyll continue lifting it forever just becuase this is the PHAT that never eennnnddss

everyone enjoy having that stuck in your heads all day haha
Lmao. Somebody is in a good mood this morning. You get home today?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-PNR Pre-Workout - 1 scoop (I'm so tired of this garbage pre! haha but I am trying hard not to continually use bloodshot so that I allow my body to not build tolerance to the 1,3 and 1,4 dmaa)
Intra

Push Power
-BB Bench: 175 lbs
-Overhead Press: 95-105 lbs
-Skull Crushers: 60-80 lbs
-Smith Incline Bench: 135 lbs
-Side Raise: 35 lbs
-Rope PD: 42.5-50 lbs
-Cardio: None

Through the Day
C&P Helios

Great workout and I was walking around feeling like I had rooster chest after the incline smiths haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PWO Stack
-PNR Pre-Workout - 1 scoop (I'm so tired of this garbage pre! haha but I am trying hard not to continually use bloodshot so that I allow my body to not build tolerance to the 1,3 and 1,4 dmaa)
Intra

Push Power
-BB Bench: 175 lbs
-Overhead Press: 95-105 lbs
-Skull Crushers: 60-80 lbs
-Smith Incline Bench: 135 lbs
-Side Raise: 35 lbs
-Rope PD: 42.5-50 lbs

Through the Day
C&P Helios

Great workout and I was walking around feeling like I had rooster chest after the incline smiths haha
So you're liking the incline smiths? Not sure if it was you or not who was asking why they were in the program/ if they were really any good... I've always liked them for the focus I can puton my chest that a regular bar doesn't seem to get for me

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
So you're liking the incline smiths? Not sure if it was you or not who was asking why they were in the program/ if they were really any good... I've always liked them for the focus I can puton my chest that a regular bar doesn't seem to get for me
Have you tried the Hammer Strength incline? I know some gyms don't have them but that's what I use.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you tried the Hammer Strength incline? I know some gyms don't have them but that's what I use.
yeah, i dont love it tho. its too close of a grip for me to get a good sweeping squeeze. I end up feeling more triceps even with my hands as wide as I can get them

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brandino! Thanks man!

No, it wasn't me, but yes I agree! I can't remember the last time I did them. Yea they helped with the focus. On a regular bar my triceps come too much into play.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Brandino! Thanks man!

No, it wasn't me, but yes I agree! I can't remember the last time I did them. Yea they helped with the focus. On a regular bar my triceps come too much into play.
Your welcome bro.
yeah, i dont love it tho. its too close of a grip for me to get a good sweeping squeeze. I end up feeling more triceps even with my hands as wide as I can get them
Damn. Ill get a pic of the one in talking about. Its really called HS Iso-Lateral Incline Press. It starts wide and gets closer during the movement. Think Incline Press meets Pec Fly.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your welcome bro.

Damn. Ill get a pic of the one in talking about. Its really called HS Iso-Lateral Incline Press. It starts wide and gets closer during the movement. Think Incline Press meets Pec Fly.
Yeah its the same one... jsut doesnt do it for me ha. I use it from time to time just to cahnge things up, but its never been a staple for any length. Just not quite right for my body I guess

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its the same one... jsut doesnt do it for me ha. I use it from time to time just to cahnge things up, but its never been a staple for any length. Just not quite right for my body I guess
Oh ok. I like it for my warm up. It stretches my pecs and gets them ready for the DB and Barbell presses.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I'm on the same boat as you. Never liked that machine and never felt any chest stimulus .. Overall i prefer DBs for every press, but i'm determined to at least get to repping bigger weight with barbell bench press haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Interesting. I'm on the same boat as you. Never liked that machine and never felt any chest stimulus .. Overall i prefer DBs for every press, but i'm determined to at least get to repping bigger weight with barbell bench press haha
Haha I've basically given up all hope of having a big bench. I've added literally hundreds of lbs to squat and dead in the last couple years... bench is under 20lb total ha.

It's funny tho cuz I LOVE the decline hammer strength. I get an awesome squeeze from that one. And an awesome stretch from the wide hammer strength. Just the incline I can't seem to get right.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-Bloodshot w/ pink lemonade juice - 1 scoop
Intra

Pull Power
-Deadlift: 275 lbs
-Pullups: bodyweight (that's 182 lbs by the way ;) )
-Closegrip cable rows: 140-160 lbs
-Lat pulldown: 120 lbs
-SA DB Row: 60 lbs
-Read DB Delt Fly: 30 lbs
-Cable curls: 42.5 lbs (added these for some extra bi work)

Through the Day
C&P Helios

Awesome workout! Super focused and connected the lats throughout!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
what do you think of the bloodshot? I assume your stim tolerance before using it was pretty high? I have a sample to try and am a bit nervous ha

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what do you think of the bloodshot? I assume your stim tolerance before using it was pretty high? I have a sample to try and am a bit nervous ha
Dude, it is such a good pre-workout. I like it better than mesomorph and kraken. It is only 200mg caffeine and the dmaa is not crazy. It really just puts u in a no BS focus zone. Try it out. Mix it in 10oz drink 5 and then half way through workout if you don't feel much drink the rest. They actually recommend taking it that way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you can get a great contraction then they are good for you. Plus you are smart enough to know there will be no carry over from that to regular incline other than bigger pecs. It's when people have 2 plates on there then try 2 plates on free weight that people get injured. That or if you have shoulder mobility issues then sometimes the smith is a godsend and other times it is the straw that breaks the camels back....
Do it one arm at a time sitting at a 45 degree angle on the seat knees pointing toward the side that is pressing. It will give you a crazy strong contraction then plus work the hell out of your core making you stabilize against the weight. Will give you the big sweeping movement like you get on the decline or cable cross over but stable enough to use a lot more weight than you could with a cable fly.

I will go ahead and say "You're Welcome!" in advance!
Dude, it is such a good pre-workout. I like it better than mesomorph and kraken. It is only 200mg caffeine and the dmaa is not crazy. It really just puts u in a no BS focus zone. Try it out. Mix it in 10oz drink 5 and then half way through workout if you don't feel much drink the rest. They actually recommend taking it that way.
Interesting, I may have to check it out at some point. So I am assuming that the energy come down is rather quick if they suggest taking more halfway through the workout?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^I believe they recommend it to ease your way into the two types of dmaa. It actually flows at a good rate and I have suffered no crashes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome. That sounds perfect. IIRC there is like 120mg of DMAA in it or something so I was worried i'd just be totally spastic ha. I can handle a scoop of meso, but 2 scoops of alphamine has me flying if I take it just during the day. I'm in a weird palce right now with my tolerance ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you can get a great contraction then they are good for you. Plus you are smart enough to know there will be no carry over from that to regular incline other than bigger pecs. It's when people have 2 plates on there then try 2 plates on free weight that people get injured. That or if you have shoulder mobility issues then sometimes the smith is a godsend and other times it is the straw that breaks the camels back....

Do it one arm at a time sitting at a 45 degree angle on the seat knees pointing toward the side that is pressing. It will give you a crazy strong contraction then plus work the hell out of your core making you stabilize against the weight. Will give you the big sweeping movement like you get on the decline or cable cross over but stable enough to use a lot more weight than you could with a cable fly.

I will go ahead and say "You're Welcome!" in advance!

Interesting, I may have to check it out at some point. So I am assuming that the energy come down is rather quick if they suggest taking more halfway through the workout?
Thanks for the tips! I actually just started a new cycle of my program yesterday and have thrown regular incline bench in for the first time in like 1.5yrs. I def started the smith ones initially due to some shoulder issues that it helped me work around, but I found that favoring the shoulder and using the incline actually led me right to max chest contraction too which was a double bonus!.

I'll give the angled IHS a try next week on my hyper day and see how that goes too.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. That sounds perfect. IIRC there is like 120mg of DMAA in it or something so I was worried i'd just be totally spastic ha. I can handle a scoop of meso, but 2 scoops of alphamine has me flying if I take it just during the day. I'm in a weird palce right now with my tolerance ha.
Yeah its 120mg total of 1,3 and 1,4 DMAA. So in other words, a stim junkies dream pre.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My chest, shoulders, and lats are all so damn sore right now! Ready for some hyper legs tomorrow! My goal is to have you guys come drag me out

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My chest, shoulders, and lats are all so damn sore right now! Ready for some hyper legs tomorrow! My goal is to have you guys come drag me out
With the amount of volume in this program, you won't be sore for too long. A week or two at most and you'll be ready for anything

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-Chaos & Pain - Cannibal Ferox - Strawbloody Kiwi Crush - ~2/3 scoop
Intra

Legs Hypertrophy
-Leg Press: 460 - 550 lbs
-DB Lunge: 30 lbs
-Leg Ext: 110-130 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Leg Curl: 115-145 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Sit Calf: 175-180 lbs (Note: numbers corrected)
-Stand Calf: 185 lbs
-Cardio: 12 min Stairmaster

Through the Day
C&P Helios

I felt like I needed more volume, I added drop sets to the leg extensions and curls. I wanted to add more but I will follow as is cuz I am not sure how I will wake up tomorrow haha. Definitely had a great pump after and while doing the stairmaster

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Subbed brother. Keep it uP!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-Black coffee

Intra
-Banana lol

Push Hyper
-DB shoulder press: 50 lbs
-Incline DB bench: 50 lbs
-bench dips: bodyweight tons of volume
-BB sit press: 60 lbs
-Decline DB press: 50 lbs
-OH tri press: 50 lbs
-Side raises: 25 lbs

Through the Day
C&P helios
Surprisingly awesome pump lol

I had some family matters. No bloodshot today. Luckily my brother has a home gym and I killed it here haha

IMG_4395.JPG

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PWO Stack
-VeinNutrition - Bloodshot - 1 scoop
Intra

Pull Hypertrophy
-T-Bar Row: 140 lbs
-Incline DB Row: 60-65 lbs
-Lat Pulldown: 140 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Cable Row: 140 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Rope lat pulldown: 40 lbs
-Rear DB Delt fly: 20 lbs *superset with DB curls
-21's Curl with straight Bar
-Cardio: none

Through the Day
C&P Helios

Super sick pump today. Goddamn focus was off the charts today!