Yomo's Wannabe Powerlifter Log...

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. Nice lifts and total!!!

2. looked good, that's a typical ipf pause on bench so i would keep doing it that long
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    Nice lifts and total!!!
    Thanks...short term goal of 1300, hopefully @ as low as 181, but will most likely head into my first meet around walkaround weight, which should bump me into the 198s...

Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post
    looked good, that's a typical ipf pause on bench so i would keep doing it that long

thank you...tried to count to 3 in my head...always more difficult without a spotter and/or announced commands...

4. 5/18/17

(Beltless Session)

Squat

135 x 5, 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5
    280 x 5
    325 x 5
    365 x 5 (Vid)

3ct Pause Squat

320 x 3, 320 x 3, 320 x 3 (Vid of 1st and 3rd set)

Goodmornings

225 x 8, 225 x 8, 225 x 8 (Vid of 2nd set)

Floor Press

210 x 5, 210 x 5, 210 x 5 (Vid of 2nd set)

Single Arm BB Row - 60lbs - 3 x 12
    Hyperextensions - 3 x 15
    Ab Rollers - 2 x 25

youtube.com/watch?v=g_crjwkBhEQ
    ^^^ Video

still a little beat up from Monday's Mock Meet...but overall session went well...

5. Nice session, as always!
    Watched the vid mainly to see how you perform the floor press. Thank you, will see if I can incorporate it to my regime.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   

6. 5/19/17

Pause Bench

135 x 5, 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 185 x 3
    195 x 5
    225 x 5 (Vid)
    255 x 5 (Vid)

3ct Pause Bench

225 x 3, 225 x 3, 225 x 3 (Vid of 1st and 3rd set)

Legs Up Close Grip Bench

190 x 8, 190 x 8, 190 x 8 (Vid of 2nd set)

Strict Bent Over Barbell Rows

195 x 5, 195 x 5, 195 x 5

Skull Crushers - 55lbs - 5 x 15
    SS Wide Grip BB Curl /Close Grip BB Reverse Curl - 55lbs - 3 x 15/10
    Ab Rollers - 2 x 25

youtube.com/watch?v=V7L79SAvEwc
    ^^^ Video

Body's pretty beat up...looking forward to the next 2 days off...

7. 5/22/17 (Beltless Session)

Weight = 193.1

2" Deficit Deadlift (Paused Below Knee)

185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 3
    320 x 5
    370 x 5
    415 x 5 (Vid)

2" Deficit RDLs

275 x 8, 275 x 8, 275 x 8 (Vid of 2nd set)

Paused Front Squats

245 x 3, 245 x 3, 245 x 3 (Vids of 1st and 3rd set)

Power Cleans

145 x 2, 165 x 2, 185 x 2 (Vid of 185 set)

Hyperextensions - 3 x 15
    Ab Rollers - 2 x 25

youtube.com/watch?v=XIDz6tdTHWQ
    ^^^ Video

One of those days...I woke up feeling like ****, started the session feeling like ****, and midway through, felt absolutely great...original session just called for a 5r top Dead set, but made the switch to Paused Deficits for more of a challenge...forgive the ugly Power Cleans, easily 2 years removed from any kind of attempt, but 185 moved easily...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    One of those days...I woke up feeling like ****, started the session feeling like ****, and midway through, felt absolutely great...original session just called for a 5r top Dead set, but made the switch to Paused Deficits for more of a challenge...forgive the ugly Power Cleans, easily 2 years removed from any kind of attempt, but 185 moved easily...
    This does not happen often to me, but I can relate to it. My guess its a sudden release of endorphins.
    Nice workout!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

9. 5/25/17

Squat (Sleeves/No Belt)

135 x 5, 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 3
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    405 x 3

Squat (Belt and Wraps)

420 x 1, 420 x 1, 420 x 1 (Vid of 1st and 3rd single)

Goodmornings

250 x 8, 250 x 8, 250 x 8 (Vid of 2nd set)

Floor Press

225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5 (Vid of 1st and 3rd set)

Hyperextensions - 3 x 15
    Ab Rollers - 2 x 25

youtube.com/watch?v=HhPx6zX4Cvk
    ^^^ Video

solid session all around...Squats moved well, beltless 405 for 3 may be a beltless rep PR...wraps were a last minute thing, so took just over 95% of my Mock Meet's top squat for 3 singles which replaced paused squats...wraps were not pre tightened, literally wrapped my knees while they were unraveled...happy with speed and depth...

backstory: buddy of mine bought them, didn't like the coverage (they're only 2m), and I convinced him to sell them to me for $25...couldn't pass up brand new sig golds...will now have to change up progression based on a slight overload because "cheater" wraps...

10. Noticed too it looks like you have Titan sig. gold wrist wraps too. We have the same wraps. Took a long time to learn how to use the knees wraps and get a solid tight wrap. Depending on what meet and federation you choose they could have just sleeves or wraps or both classes. For me think the sig gold knee wraps maybe gets me about 40 or so more pounds. Have another knee wrap from Titan and they are not nearly as good as the sig golds but use them a lot just for protection.

11. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    Noticed too it looks like you have Titan sig. gold wrist wraps too. We have the same wraps. Took a long time to learn how to use the knees wraps and get a solid tight wrap. Depending on what meet and federation you choose they could have just sleeves or wraps or both classes. For me think the sig gold knee wraps maybe gets me about 40 or so more pounds. Have another knee wrap from Titan and they are not nearly as good as the sig golds but use them a lot just for protection.
    yea...Titan is very well known for their quality wraps...all federations I'm interested in allow Raw Classic. I do wish they were at least 2.5m, so I could really overload.

12. classic raw is no wraps,
    knee sleves, belt, wrist wraps

13. No, classic raw allows knee wraps; raw is knee sleeves.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

14. in the IPF it's the other way
    but there is no raw division that allows wraps

15. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    No, classic raw allows knee wraps; raw is knee sleeves.
    ^^^ This....

From my understanding the term Classic refers to the beginning of the sport, and its acceptance of wraps.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post
    in the IPF it's the other way
    but there is no raw division that allows wraps
    In the IPF/USAPL, it's either just raw or equipped.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    In the IPF/USAPL, it's either just raw or equipped.
    yes, but ipf raw is called classic raw because there also is the raw bench ranking

18. Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post
    yes, but ipf raw is called classic raw because there also is the raw bench ranking
    " Note that the IPF's use of the word 'classic' to describe raw powerlifting is differentiated from most other powerlifting federations' use of the word to differentiate between 'classic raw' and 'modern raw': classic raw is still unequipped but allows the use of knee wraps while modern raw allows knee sleeves at most. The IPF does not allow knee wraps in its unequipped competitions and would thus be considered 'modern raw' but the IPF does not recognize the word 'raw.'"

Leave it to the IPF to complicate things, lol...

19. Dude you are strong as a ****ing ox.

20. USPA or USPLA which is the same, is what I competed in. Classic Raw is knee wraps and Raw is knee sleeves. Like I said different federation have different rules so which ever meet or federation you choose make sure you know it. If you did USPA Classic raw but didn't have wraps you would be at a disadvantage. Think the one meet I did squats I only had my light knee, Titan Titanium, wraps and everyone else was using something similar to Titan's Sig. Gold. If you ever used either one then you would know the Sig. Gold are way better than the Titanium by a long ways.

21. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    USPA or USPLA which is the same, is what I competed in. Classic Raw is knee wraps and Raw is knee sleeves. Like I said different federation have different rules so which ever meet or federation you choose make sure you know it. If you did USPA Classic raw but didn't have wraps you would be at a disadvantage. Think the one meet I did squats I only had my light knee, Titan Titanium, wraps and everyone else was using something similar to Titan's Sig. Gold. If you ever used either one then you would know the Sig. Gold are way better than the Titanium by a long ways.
    yea...I only plan on competing in Raw Classic/Drug Tested...USPA is geared to lifters on gear (see what I did there?) ...even though I believe USPA has recently given the option to meet directors on running a Drug Tested meet...I believe as of last year, or as recently as this year...

USAPL is the national affiliate of IPF here in the states...I believe it adheres to all of IPF's standards and restrictions.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    Dude you are strong as a ****ing ox.
    I appreciate that bro...but as my hardest critic, I feel I won't be happy until I reach a Class 1 minimum total, lol...

23. 5/26/17

Comp Bench

135 x 5, 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 185 x 3
    225 x 3
    250 x 3
    285 x 3 (Vid)

3ct Pause Bench

250 x 5, 250 x 5 (Vid)

Legs Up Close Grip Bench

205 x 8, 205 x 8, 205 x 8 (Vid of 1st and 3rd set)

Bent Over Barbell Rows

215 x 5, 215 x 5, 215 x 5

Skull Crushers - 55lbs - 5 x 15
    SS Wide Grip BB Curl /Close Grip BB Reverse Curl - 55lbs - 3 x 15/10
    Ab Rollers - 2 x 25

https://youtu.be/staVojU-Upg
    ^^^ Video

went into this once pretty tired...woke up with a monster cramp in my right calf...had a pretty decent limp, but it didn't really hurt when planting my feet...shoulder felt a little funky after the "Comp" sets, so brought my grip 3 fingers in for the 3ct sets...and btw, low carbs suck...

24. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    yea...I only plan on competing in Raw Classic/Drug Tested...USPA is geared to lifters on gear (see what I did there?) ...even though I believe USPA has recently given the option to meet directors on running a Drug Tested meet...I believe as of last year, or as recently as this year...

USAPL is the national affiliate of IPF here in the states...I believe it adheres to all of IPF's standards and restrictions.
    Yes, think a couple years ago they went drug tested too. Looked the other day and believe most the records are starting at 2015 for that now.

25. Yah you can definitely compete drug tested in uspa. I competed in march and i was going to go drug tested if i was going to claim the record i beat but I didn't because I wore cotton briefs instead of whitey tighties and they wouldve failed me on the gear check.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Swanson's Penultimate 5/3/1 Powerlifting Log...for real
    By Swanson52 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1055
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 11:11 AM
  2. Tossing Weight With Torobestia: Powerlifting Log
    By Torobestia in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 665
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:10 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM