2017 season

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Instead of flooding threads with progress pics, I'll start a log. I checked in this morning at 207.8 but have had a stomach virus for a few days but holding strong. Currently in my off season phase and have been pushing calories for about 7 weeks, i plan on competing october 21 and november 11 of 2017...Here is where I sit as of this morning.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In man!

Are you still working with Matt Porter?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In as well (you better not bail on this log like last year's haha)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I just finished meal 3. 8oz chicken, 13oz sweet potatoe, 1cup Brussel sprouts with 1tbs coconut oil. It's amazing to me how my metabolism has changed with my physique.

I finished eating about 20min and I'm hungry again. That meal is about 700calories and nutrient dense as fukc. (I have 4 meals very similar to this one) the carb total in that meal alone is close to the amount I'd eat in a day a few years ago.

I've been on this board for over 10 years...about 6 of those were trying "fad diets" I started eating balanced, nutrient dense, low gi carbs and high protein with moderate healthy fats....now here I am again, doing the same thing but calories are MUCH higher, looking back idk how I was ever full then lol. Both times using this is when I made the best progress as a whole as a COMPETITOR.

when I'm done I'll probably move into intermittent fasting with an IIFYM approach lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I just finished meal 3. 8oz chicken, 13oz sweet potatoe, 1cup Brussel sprouts with 1tbs coconut oil. It's amazing to me how my metabolism has changed with my physique.

I finished eating about 20min and I'm hungry again. That meal is about 700calories and nutrient dense as fukc. (I have 4 meals very similar to this one) the carb total in that meal alone is close to the amount I'd eat in a day a few years ago.

I've been on this board for over 10 years...about 6 of those were trying "fad diets" I started eating balanced, nutrient dense, low gi carbs and high protein with moderate healthy fats....now here I am again, doing the same thing but calories are MUCH higher, looking back idk how I was ever full then lol. Both times using this is when I made the best progress as a whole as a COMPETITOR.

when I'm done I'll probably move into intermittent fasting with an IIFYM approach lol
This is what I need to work into. I currently maintain ~175lb at 10-12% on only 17-1800 cals which is disgustingly low. I literally have to do IF otherwise I'm starving the entire day and no meal satiates me even slightly.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder workout was light tonight. I have a bit of biceps tendinitis that's still lingering a little so rep range was higher than normal

Hammer behind the neck press
315x15
315x14
315x12
-drop 225x10
-drop 135xfailure

Smith behind the head press
185x25
185x25
185x25

Standing side laterals
50x12
50x12
50x12
-drop 25x15

Rear Delt machine
30reps
25reps
20reps

Cable side laterals
3 sets of 15

Bent over rear laterals
3 sets of 30x30

Rope crunches
4 sets of 20

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quads Thursday night. Didn't feel like working out at all so hit 3 heavy sets of some fancy squat machine we have then some volume pump sets up leg press and leg extentions.

Hit arms Friday morning and did cardio later in the evening.

Just finished am cardio and will hit back thickness later today with my refeed after. Nothing crazy planned

slicer89

slicer89

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man, im def gonna follow. Eating clean as well, this is what im following.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back and light biceps last night.

Hoist Lat Pull down
Work up to heavy 15 reps and stay there for 3 working

Hammer stretch pull down
Work up to 12 heavy reps and stay there for 3 working

Vbar pull down SS straight up pull down
4 rounds of 10 reps 60sec rest

DB curls
3 sets of 10

Ez bar curls
3 sets of 12

DB hammers
3 sets of 10

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs Monday
Smith front squat
Work up to 275x4
185x20

Leg press low and narrow
Work up to 14 plates x 20

Leg extentions
3 sets of 20

Lying ham curls
150x15x7x3RP

Seated Ham curls
150x19SS

Tuesday shoulder and tri

Seated overhead press
185x18x7x4RP

Hammer behind the head press
315x18SS

Side laterals
30x10
40x10
50x10
25x15
10x15
-giant drop set

Smith CG bench
225x15x7x3RP

Dead stop.skull crushers
85x22x10x6RP

Dip.machine
20reps SS

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio cut to 5 days per week and reduced to 20min.

Carbs have been cut from 700ish a day down to about 420. Time to tighten up a pinch and keep this new added size. Probably push this about 8 weeks or so and blast again.

Woke up at 221 this morning and basically just having whey iso shakes sun-fri of last week.

20170328_072032.jpg
20170328_072015.jpg

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what I need to work into. I currently maintain ~175lb at 10-12% on only 17-1800 cals which is disgustingly low. I literally have to do IF otherwise I'm starving the entire day and no meal satiates me even slightly.
Sounds like me, but I'm 93KG, just over 205lb. I'm never hungry, I think I'm just suck at 10-12% forever. I can't imagine eating that volume of food either :/

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like me, but I'm 93KG, just over 205lb. I'm never hungry, I think I'm just suck at 10-12% forever. I can't imagine eating that volume of food either :/
That's not good. Could be some internal things messed up. Unless you're old, then that's not too crazy lol. John Meadows doesn't eat a ton of food and is a 212 pro and suffers to get there but only eats like 3200 cals in peak off season mode and he's 230

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's not good. Could be some internal things messed up. Unless you're old, then that's not too crazy lol. John Meadows doesn't eat a ton of food and is a 212 pro and suffers to get there but only eats like 3200 cals in peak off season mode and he's 230
I'm 34, and always struggled to eat huge volume unless it's junk.

I tried a refeed yesterday and I honestly struggled to eat 500-600g of carbs.

I'm probably need to slowly increase the volume, maybe vegetables etc

It definitely sucks, because I feel you have to eat more to lose weight and if anything my body just holds on.

Anyways, will follow your log! :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're the opposite of me... I WANT all the calories, I just can't have them cuz I get fat ha. I would crush that volume of food (and so currently, just in the lowest cal options).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would give anything to "struggle to eat"... I struggle to NOT eat ha

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back width

Straight arm rope pull down
3 sets of 20
*activate lats

Wide grip pull ups
3 sets of 20 w bodyweight

Neutral grip MAG pull down (2 sec squeeze)
3x160x12

Hammer Strength iso Lat Pull down
3x225x15

CG pull down
3x160x12

Wide Grip behind the head pull down
3x160x15

DB pull overs
3x70x15

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DW, it looks like most if not all of your sets are 10-12+... is that pretty typical for you or just this phase?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday 4/1 quads

6 sets leg extentions

Hack squat (narrow low stance)
4 sets 405x15

Leg press superset leg extentions
4 rounds of 30 reps of each

Sunday 4/2 chest

4 sets pec Dec

3 super sets
Decline Flys 60x15
Decline smith press 185x15

Flat DB bench
3 sets 100x15

Hammer incline
3 sets 315x15

Cable Flys shoulder height
3 sets of 15

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back from vacation and got out on a road trip for work. So I've just been cruising trying not to get to small. Diet has been super simple.

Egg whites, tuna packets, whey shakes and steak. I'll have 70gr carbs peri workout in the form of vitargo. I'll refeed 1 day per week. I'll be doing this until the end of June then blast for July once things are back to normal.

I'm in my car or at appointments for about 10hrs a day, hence the food choices.

I'm holding 212-214 pretty well. I plan on just maybe recomping slightly these next few weeks. I'm gone mon-sat for work living out of a hotel, it's not as hard as I imagined it would be.

I do LISS cardio each morning. About 30min and train 6 days per week moderate volume, just try to lift really heavy basically lol.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see lately that most threads I'm posting advice in, is wrong.

Sorry guys, should probably stop following me log and listing to anything I say bc science says different and I'm mean.

I'd like to open this thread up to an open Q&A for me. I've been on the board for over 10yrs and have done and tried just about anything and everything. I'm brutally honest and think I look pretty damn good for this board (not **** compared to national level BB though lol).

Please ask away!!!!!