Bulking

alecronert

alecronert

Awards
Currently I've been lifting about 7 days a week for the past two years. And I'm having trouble gaining weight. I'm 6'0" 175 pounds and trying to get to 185. Would cutting down my training be beneficial?

C

cjones426

Awards
How are you eating,,getting extra protein, are you using anything to help, how much cardio do you do?

S

so1970

Awards
Increase your calories. If you want to be king of the jungle you gotta eat the lion's share of the food. You probably aren't eating as much as you think. I had this problem for a long time.diet is hard to figure but when you get it dialed in it makes all the difference

alecronert

alecronert

Awards
I feel like i eat like crazy but I started tracking my calories and I was getting in between 3000-4000 depending on the day. I do zero cardio besides manual labor with work.

S

so1970

Awards
Takes time I was the 130lb weakling for years once the diet was in check the weight came with the size

alecronert

alecronert

Awards
Yeah I've gained 40 lbs in two years. But Recently I can't seem to get past this plateau.

S

so1970

Awards
40 lbs in 2 years is good what is your body fat percentage.if you gained 40 in 2years and didn't become a lard ass you should celebrate

alecronert

alecronert

Awards
I'm not to sure what my body fat percentage is never checked. But I'm a pretty lean guy so I doubt it's much

S

so1970

Awards
Look up a body fat percentage calculator it gives you where on your body to measure with a cloth tape and it will figure it for you . Don't go by BMI you want body fat percentage

Greato

Greato

Awards
Currently I've been lifting about 7 days a week for the past two years. And I'm having trouble gaining weight. I'm 6'0" 175 pounds and trying to get to 185. Would cutting down my training be beneficial?
I'd try a couple of rest days while maintaining the same caloric intake. You will see your weight go up, because your not burning those calories in the gym.

alecronert

alecronert

Awards
I'm guessing my muscles would also like the recovery. Will do this. Thank you

Greato

Greato

Awards
I'm guessing my muscles would also like the recovery. Will do this. Thank you
You're welcome.

Precisely; they need that time to heal and grow. The muscle gain from the extra recovery time alone will help pack on the pounds.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Also if you want to true bulk and have a crazy metabolism like you probably do, don't be afraid to eat dirty if you wanna gain! If you're lucky enough to go have a burger and chips with all the sides a couple of times a week go ahead, it'll all help bro! A few good ways to smash some good calories in, tbsp of olive/avocado oil 120kcal, tbsp peanut butter 90kcal, macadamia nuts are 201kcal per oz! Just gotta look into and smash in the food till you see results, have a couple of rest days a week to help reset you CNS :)

J

jesus_sanchez

Awards
What do your parents look like? Big indicator in how hard putting on muscle will be.

W

whiteboystomp

Awards
like said --- eat more. but eat more calorie dense foods. a couple of good recommendations have already been given. but its not that hard to do with the right combo ... 2 glasses of milk, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and a couple of handfuls of almonds will add an additional 1000 cals a day.

T

TSMilliner

Awards
Like Greato said, you gotta program in those rest days. You'll burn less calories, and your muscles will actually have time to recover and grow. No one grows in the gym, it is the rest day that gives those gains.

Also, depending on your workout, you may need to decrease reps and sets and go to a bulking type workout. Compound moves, heavy weights.

As a hard gainer myself, I find that I have to force myself to slow down a bit in the gym, and eat nutrient and calorie dense foods throughout the day as well. A lot of good advice given to you here by all.