The Mind Muscle Connection???

1. The Mind Muscle Connection???

MMC to me is a often overlooked thing in.training nowadays to me. When your buddy or client doesn't have MMC on lock down what do you do or say to them to help them get there.

2. Super SLO reps (30s up, 30 s down) help cultivate the mind muscle connection and flexing. Also, I like to do reps w my eyes closed and focus on squeezing only the targeted muscle.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fasted View Post
    Super SLO reps (30s up, 30 s down) help cultivate the mind muscle connection and flexing.
    Light weight as well

4. Yea I've used those techniques to aid people with the MMC. What phrases/sentences/words do you say to people to try and describe to them what the MMC is and how to perform it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by RagnarLothbrk View Post
    Yea I've used those techniques to aid people with the MMC. What phrases/sentences/words do you say to people to try and describe to them what the MMC is and how to perform it.
    Just tell them to first go slow, use light weight, and imagine the specific muscle doing the work.
    •   

6. The Mind Muscle Connection???

For chest exercises, "squeezing the bar" (think trying to bring your hands together while still holding the bar) for the entire set can help focus and feel chest during pressing motions. Conversely, pulling the bar apart can help focus on and feel the lats. Also for lats, I like to think of pulling from my elbows for rowing motions and using a thumbless grip, both of which help you focus on pulling with your lats instead of biceps, which can help with the mind muscle connection. Of course, control of the weight and slower negatives are great as well.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

7. Yup and yup used those. I'm so glad the MMC always has come naturally to me. I've always been able to flex even one lay at a time as young as 10 I can remember. I used to flex different muscles and freak my freak my little friend out. I guess being an only child have me lots of time alone to do this silly stuff. I would flex just one rricep at a time for them or pull back of my shirt up and flex each lat one at a time and make it look.likr wings flapping. They all always liked that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RagnarLothbrk View Post
    Yea I've used those techniques to aid people with the MMC. What phrases/sentences/words do you say to people to try and describe to them what the MMC is and how to perform it.
    It may not be about wording. As you said, you've done this for a while. The mind connects to the muscles.through synapses.amd myelin sheaths and all that. By doing super SLO reps your friend will begin developing the hardwiring that will allow him to feel the mind muscle connection, but it takes time. Even though the connection is through the mind, there is hard wiring that needs to develop which takes time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fasted View Post
    It may not be about wording. As you said, you've done this for a while. The mind connects to the muscles.through synapses.amd myelin sheaths and all that. By doing super SLO reps your friend will begin developing the hardwiring that will allow him to feel the mind muscle connection, but it takes time. Even though the connection is through the mind, there is hard wiring that needs to develop which takes time.
    Yeah see that's the peculiar thing about the MMC. I've watched some trainees just need time and experience under the iron or in the gym so to speak. Yet I've experienced other trainees like myself who like I was saying in my previous reply, that since about age 10-12 or so had the MMC in all my individual muscles even without ever touching a weight until I was like 32ish. I know this specific way is definitely not the norm and might be only a few % of the population who has the MMC or has developed it by that age and without ever touching a weight is very.rare. Which is why it's so peculiar to me.

10. I had no idea what MMC was until some one on here helped me out. My workouts have been so much more now thanks to him. Here's what I've gathered from my teachings.

I have been treating my workouts like a whore. Get in, get swole, get out. You need to be passionate about working out. You need to be slow and basically make love to your lifting. Each day you workout you are lifting a different muscle group. But are you really. When you do pulldowns, what are you working. When you do rows or curls or even bench, what are you working. You need to know what muscles you are working each set and if the lift you are even doing is working that muscle. It's one thing to lat pulldowns, but it's a completely different world to do a Lat pulldown when you are focusing on making your lats pull the weight down. Really focusing on what muscle you are contracting and if that's even the muscle you want to be contracting. When to flex, when to not flex. It's an amazing new world. Lots of gains to come.
    Vein Nutrition Forum Rep IG-The_One_BD438
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Blue10 for 10% off your order

11. The different ways and methods I've watched friends, aquaintences, training partners, wife, best friend, complete strangers, and a few people I've trained over the last yr or so . Which really I'm not and I tell them.im not a trainer . They didn't pay me or anything I badicbasically helped like 4 people for like 3 sessions each and they all developed the MMC differently. Which is why I asked all the different ways you guys have gotten people to develop it.

12. The different ways and methods I've watched friends, aquaintences, training partners, wife, best friend, complete strangers, and a few people I've trained over the last yr or so . Which really I'm not and I tell them.im not a trainer . They didn't pay me or anything I badicbasically helped like 4 people for like 3 sessions each and they all developed the MMC differently. Which is why I asked all the different ways you guys have gotten people to develop it.

13. I've definitely found that the hand usage or placement suggestions help a good % of people. Like the treat your hands like hooks and take your thumbs out of the equation suggestions on back day phrases. Also, as simple as this one sounds, it has often worked. I'll say, pretend the only.thing you.have to lift this weight with is your rricep or pecs, or shoulder or whatever the target muscle is at the time.

14. To me merely just going lighter doesn't help enough because.i can.use lighter weight and still use my.forarms and biceps in a back movement.

15. Quote Originally Posted by blueline438 View Post
    I had no idea what MMC was until some one on here helped me out. My workouts have been so much more now thanks to him. Here's what I've gathered from my teachings.

I have been treating my workouts like a whore. Get in, get swole, get out. You need to be passionate about working out. You need to be slow and basically make love to your lifting. Each day you workout you are lifting a different muscle group. But are you really. When you do pulldowns, what are you working. When you do rows or curls or even bench, what are you working. You need to know what muscles you are working each set and if the lift you are even doing is working that muscle. It's one thing to lat pulldowns, but it's a completely different world to do a Lat pulldown when you are focusing on making your lats pull the weight down. Really focusing on what muscle you are contracting and if that's even the muscle you want to be contracting. When to flex, when to not flex. It's an amazing new world. Lots of gains to come.
    Dam Meg...That's beautiful
    If one were to combine the exhaust sound of Audi, the handling of BMW and the engines of Mercedes. You basically have a Porsche.
    German Blood Pride.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jakz View Post
    Dam Meg...That's beautiful
    Thanks stan
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 12:59 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
  3. Lost my mind-muscle connection
    By Boatcop1 in forum Training Forum