Cjnator's workout journal (and other life stuff)

CJNator

Awards
So I'm back and I'll be on here more often. Anyways here are my stats:

173lbs
18% Bf(electric handheld Bf scanner)

Not sure what my lifting are but I'll post them once I have them. I'll hunt down some people to tag once I can. Right now I'm doing a push/pull workout and I'm eating around 3000 calories a day, I'll be bulking for 2 months(now 7 weeks) while on Anabeta Elite(old version).

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
First in... hell yeah. How you been bro?

CJNator

Awards
Got a bit chubby and lost some strength but nothing crazy, still worked out but not too periodized. I'll be getting more strict within the month. Finally feel like I'm going forward in life now lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have you back!

Subbed!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Annoying to hear someone with 18% BF call themselves chubby -- when I'm at 35 to 40% BF! :D

CJNator

Awards
Annoying to hear someone with 18% BF call themselves chubby -- when I'm at 35 to 40% BF! :D
Lol good point, I guess I'm just self conscious . I've been trying not to harp on my Bf but it's hard.

CJNator

Awards
Day 1:

Deadlifts
315x2
405x2(grip failed on 3rd)
405x1(didn't attempt 2nd)

Squat
45x1(chin acting up badly)

Leg press
360x0(chin again)

Lat pulldowns neutral grip
180x10
180x8

Calf press(different machine)
180x15

Leg extensions (chin AGAIN)
180x0

Chin ups
BWx10
BWx9

Ab roller SS calf band exercise

BWx3x10 to 3x10+ band pulls

Doing stationary bike till whenever on 20 resistance. Chin acted up badly today so it was more of a back day. So I'm back in NC ready to get my **** together, with all my moving I feel like a nomad . Getting a pistol soon and will be doing security at a church for a little bit, can't do anything else since I lack transportation and there is barely any public transportation around here. Anyways hope everyone has a good day!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Got a bit chubby and lost some strength but nothing crazy, still worked out but not too periodized. I'll be getting more strict within the month. Finally feel like I'm going forward in life now lol.
You got chubby and lost a little strength too? Hell yeah, seems it's contagious or something. lol I packed on a good 5-8 lbs of pure BF in pct. it's winter though...

I'll be hating my lack of will power when spring and cutting season comes.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 1:

Deadlifts
315x2
405x2(grip failed on 3rd)
405x1(didn't attempt 2nd)

Squat
45x1(chin acting up badly)

Leg press
360x0(chin again)

Lat pulldowns neutral grip
180x10
180x8

Calf press(different machine)
180x15

Leg extensions (chin AGAIN)
180x0

Chin ups
BWx10
BWx9

Ab roller SS calf band exercise

BWx3x10 to 3x10+ band pulls

Doing stationary bike till whenever on 20 resistance. Chin acted up badly today so it was more of a back day. So I'm back in NC ready to get my **** together, with all my moving I feel like a nomad . Getting a pistol soon and will be doing security at a church for a little bit, can't do anything else since I lack transportation and there is barely any public transportation around here. Anyways hope everyone has a good day!
Nice Work, Welcome back! Brother

CJNator

Awards
You got chubby and lost a little strength too? Hell yeah, seems it's contagious or something. lol I packed on a good 5-8 lbs of pure BF in pct. it's winter though...

I'll be hating my lack of will power when spring and cutting season comes.
I was in my PCT too lol but also my shin splint hurt my workouts. What gives me will power during summer is the fact I hate wearing cloths so during summer I love rocking tank tops and sleeveless shirt if it's too hot out.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In in!
were are the Noodz?

CJNator

Awards
Day 2:

Bench Press
135x7 Warm up
185x2
225x3 Work Set
225x3

BTN Press
115x8
115x6

Incline DB Flies
55x2x10

Lateral Raises
30x2x8

Triceps Rope Pushdown
100x2x10

Face Pulls
100x2x12

Ab roller SS band calf exercise

BWx3x10 SS Bandx3x10+

Starting to hit the punching bag and I'm going to stick with it. Bench Press form is 100% when I go heavy but I'll try better. Excited to get my pistol purchase permits this Friday, but I'll feel better once I get my close carrying license.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2:

Bench Press
135x7 Warm up
185x2
225x3 Work Set
225x3

BTN Press
115x8
115x6

Incline DB Flies
55x2x10

Lateral Raises
30x2x8

Triceps Rope Pushdown
100x2x10

Face Pulls
100x2x12

Ab roller SS band calf exercise

BWx3x10 SS Bandx3x10+

Starting to hit the punching bag and I'm going to stick with it. Bench Press form is 100% when I go heavy but I'll try better. Excited to get my pistol purchase permits this Friday, but I'll feel better once I get my close carrying license.
Looks good!
Suggestion. Stop doing BHN press. they will destroy your shoulders over time.
take it from a old timer.

Also what does your workout look like and for how may weeks?
what is your goal?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse the mans trying to get a gun talk derail and you're talking fitness goals? Pfft? SFreed and I need to have an extensive workshop to fix your bullsh1t brother...

What type of gun are you getting? Hell yeah!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse the mans trying to get a gun talk derail and you're talking fitness goals? Pfft? SFreed and I need to have an extensive workshop to fix your bullsh1t brother...

My Bad. lol
I live in OK. everyone has a gun and you sit in a conceal and carry class for 4 hrs. fill out the papers for a licence and they even mail it for you.

Most people in OK have been handed down guns from family. they have no idea how many guns people own.
I know just a bunch of necks.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for gun talk (and training too, I guess)!! I keep seeing you guys talking about how weak and out of shape you are, but then you post weights that are pretty impressive for this old man. But h3ll yeah, mmorso can fly to St Louis, I'll pick him up and we'll drive on down to NC for some shootin and stuff!! Gotta be warmer there than it is here.

So what kind of gun are you thinking?

CJNator

Awards
Looks good!
Suggestion. Stop doing BHN press. they will destroy your shoulders over time.
take it from a old timer.

Also what does your workout look like and for how may weeks?
what is your goal?
When I do them I do it wth a dead stop at my traps, not like everyone else with consistent strain on my rotator cuff, basically I treat it as a dead stop pressing movement with full ROM. It hasn't hurt my shoulders at all.

Diet wise I'm bulking for 2 months on Anabeta Elite, 500 calories surplus at 3300 calories. I'm not worried about macros right now, just calories in calories out.

Push\Upper

Bench Press
1-2 Warm ups
2 work sets(no set rep range)

BTN Press
2 Sets(no set rep range)

Incline Flies
2 Sets of 8-10 Reps

Lateral Raises
2 Sets of 8-10 Reps

Tricep Rope Push Down
2 Sets of 8-10 Reps

Ab roller super set calf band exercise
I just go till I can't anymore with the bands and the Ab roller I'll keep doing sets of 10 till I can't anymore.

Adding in punching bag with or to replace stationary bike depending on how I feel.

Pull/Lower

Deadlifts
1-2 Warm up sets
2 Work sets(no set rep range)

Squats or Leg Press(depending on how shin feels)
2 Working sets(no set rep range)

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown
2 Sets of 8-10

Calf Press
2 Sets of 10+

Chin ups
2 Sets of 10+

Ab roller super set calf band exercise
Same as upper/push day.

Punching band and/or stationary bike.

2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off.

CJNator

Awards

My Bad. lol
I live in OK. everyone has a gun and you sit in a conceal and carry class for 4 hrs. fill out the papers for a licence and they even mail it for you.

Most people in OK have been handed down guns from family. they have no idea how many guns people own.
I know just a bunch of necks.
In for gun talk (and training too, I guess)!! I keep seeing you guys talking about how weak and out of shape you are, but then you post weights that are pretty impressive for this old man. But h3ll yeah, mmorso can fly to St Louis, I'll pick him up and we'll drive on down to NC for some shootin and stuff!! Gotta be warmer there than it is here.

Sold my Yugo SKS to get a pistol so I have 400 for one but ill wait till I can glock. I need to look into all the different types of Glocks, any recommendations?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established

I actually got robbed at gunpoint buying drugs in St. Louis... no kidding

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually got robbed at gunpoint buying drugs in St. Louis... no kidding
Down by the Amtrak station? Or it could have been anywhere, as far as that goes.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sold my Yugo SKS to get a pistol so I have 400 for one but ill wait till I can glock. I need to look into all the different types of Glocks, any recommendations?
Never shot Glocks well, just don't fit me. Good guns, and well built though. You can pick up used ones pretty reasonable if you aren't in a hurry. Are you thinking 9mm ?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Down by the Amtrak station? Or it could have been anywhere, as far as that goes.
North side... I think the town was called Baden. I wasn't use to buying heroin from gang members that aren't organized

It's a different story in Chicago lol

I love smith and wessons CJNator

CJNator

Awards
Never shot Glocks well, just don't fit me. Good guns, and well built though. You can pick up used ones pretty reasonable if you aren't in a hurry. Are you thinking 9mm ?
Yea definitely 9mm, just in case I want to get a rifle in the future that can take 9mm but after my pistol in getting the new Saint AR-15 with a bump stock without a doubt.

North side... I think the town was called Baden. I wasn't use to buying heroin from gang members that aren't organized

I actually haven't looked into S&Ws. I'll go and do that.

CJNator

Awards

Looked into the the Smith & Wesson SD9VE 9mm, it's called a glock clone and for under 400$ so this may be my go to!

CJNator

Awards
Down to 170 even though I've been going above calories on workout days. Might need to raise calories a bit.

CJNator

Awards
Day 4

Deadlifts
225x1 Warm up
315x2
365x2x5

Goblet squats(not too much pain)
70x2x10

Neutral lat pulldowns
180x10
180x3(didn't rest enough)

Seated calf press(machine is stupid, the pads are too squishy to do heavy weight and my knees sink in when try to press)
90x25
90x20

Chin ups
BWx2x10
BWx8

Hit the bag for a bit, I was too nauseous to do abs. I need to get my crohns treatment but this doctor over here is packed till the 25th so no more preworkout till then. Need to eat like 2700 calories before I sleep so wish me luck lol.

CJNator

Awards
Day 5

Bench Press
135x2x8 Warm up
205x2x5 Working Set

BTN Press
115x8
115x7

Incline Flies
55x2x10

Lateral Raises
30x10
30x7

Tricep push down
100x2x10

Face pulls
100x2x10

Ab roller
BWx5x10

Hit the bag till some skin ripped off my hand, I need to start some full contact MMA. I have no clue how to fight but I'd like to learn how to and fighting for fun is fun lol. Anyways I'm getting my pistol purchasing permits next week and I'll be getting the S&W SD9VE.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got into MMA a while back and enjoyed it quite a bit. Only downside (for me, anyway) was that the place I was going to was for people who were looking to compete, and the guy running it (friend of mine) required everybody to fight. I was in my late 40's at the time and typically found myself facing off against guys half my age. Still a good time, and I think it's a useful skill to have. I'd say go for it!

CJNator

Awards
I got into MMA a while back and enjoyed it quite a bit. Only downside (for me, anyway) was that the place I was going to was for people who were looking to compete, and the guy running it (friend of mine) required everybody to fight. I was in my late 40's at the time and typically found myself facing off against guys half my age. Still a good time, and I think it's a useful skill to have. I'd say go for it!
Awesome yea I'll definitely go for it, once I have a steady income I'll have to prioritize everything evenly. Until then I'll be just hitting a punching bag. I was so pose to go on a interview for security at a church this weekend but this snow may have ****ed everything up, hopefully not.

CJNator

Awards
Day 8

Had to bust out a quick workout so I focused on frequency after deadlifts. Ate too much Golden Corral after and not getting my crohns treatment isn't allowing me to like that good obesity full feeling.

Deadlifts
365x2x5

Leg extensions(isolated)
60x3x10

Neutral grip pulldowns
180x10,2,1

Calf press
90x10,15,8

Chin ups
BWx10,2,1

Ab roller
BWx16

So I'm getting some money from helping my buddy that was doing plowing(I was the shoveler) and a jacket wth money that I lost was found so I got that mailed to me. Basically I'll be finding out this Friday if I can get this car that's going for 500$ but if I can't get that then I'll be getting a glock 19 so it's a win-win situation for me lol.

CJNator

Awards
Day 9

Forgot my music :(

Bench press(forgot I raised the weight)
135x7 Warm up
205x2x5

BTN Press
115x2x5

Incline Flies
60x10
60x9

Seated OHP DB Press
55x2x10

Tricep pushdown
115x2x10

Face pulls
100x2x10

Ab roller
BWx10

I upped my Anabeta Elite to 6 caps 2-3 times a day, all for now!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Working out without your own music is torture!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Not going to lie, the music wasn't too bad that day so I can't really complain lol.
Lucky. I've had days where I literally had to cover my ears and hum to myself for a while to get through what was playing.

I guess I should be grateful, though, that hairygrandpa isn't in charge of my gym's playlist!

CJNator

Awards
Day 12

Deadlifts
385x2x3

Leg extensions(isolated)
80x2x10

Neutral grip lat pulldown
180x2x10

Calve press
90x20
90x25

Chin ups
BWx10
BWx8
BWx3

Ab roller
BWx3x10
BWx7

I honestly don't know if ABE has kicked in yet, I do recall it kicking in late. I'll weight in tomorrow morning.

CJNator

Awards
Day 13

Bench Press
185x3
225x2x3

BTN Press
135x2x3

Incline Flies
60x9
60x8

DB shoulder press
60x2x8

Tricep pushdown
100x2x10

Facepulls
Bandx15

I'm shot, starting up work and volunteering security for a church(shadowing)has me dead. I did break in my gun today but I didn't video tape it. I'll be shooting every Sunday so I got you guys next weekend.

CJNator

Awards
This morning I was a little about 179 with jeans on so I'm probably 178, up 5lbs and I didn't gain any fat IMO. I'll do the fat percentage test tomorrow morning.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This morning I was a little about 179 with jeans on so I'm probably 178, up 5lbs and I didn't gain any fat IMO. I'll do the fat percentage test tomorrow morning.
That's as good as it gets! Keep pounding that heavy weight. It's still working for you.

CJNator

Awards
No gym today, short notice I did security at a church for something going on there. I'll definitely do the fat % tomorrow.

CJNator

Awards
It said I'm 13.7% but the margin of error is 4% so I may have lost some bf.

CJNator

Awards
Day 15

Deadlift
225x2
385x2x3

Calf press
135x15
135x20+

Neutral grip lat pulldown
180x10
180x3(I rushed for some reason)

Goblet squats
85x2x10

Chin ups
BWx10
BWx6,2

Ab roller
BWx3x10

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
CJNator, are your workouts based on Bulking?

CJNator

Awards
CJNator, are your workouts based on Bulking?
They are based on building strength through heavy lifts and higher frequency then most workout. The extra isolation movements are for some hypertrophy through somewhat minimal volume . Once I start cutting, I'll be minimizing volume to 1 set a lift and utilizing cardio a lot more.