The strive to be reborn anew.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Hello,

This will be my first work out log on really any website. I won't lie I am a pretty private person, so this is new waters I am exploring. I am 25 years old, I own a gym, I work full time in a alternative school and I am a college student. So I usually put myself on the back burner.

This log will be dedicated to my journey throughout 2017. As I recover from an injury which put me out since the beginning of summer. (I had injured my spermatic chord. Also I can hear every male reading this audibly groaning and protecting their boys. ) this injury has just barely healed, I am about 95% healed so I will be taking a hand at competing in grappling, power lifting and strongman. My program will be listed in an additional post.

I hope others read this and can give appropriate criticism where due. All I wish to do is be the best athlete I can be in the realm of strength.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed man. Looks like you're a pretty busy dude with all those responsibilities listed above! I too am a pretty private person but making a training log here was one of the best decisions I've made for kickstarting my progress in powerlifting.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
My program currently, is designed to target each muscle fiber type, it isnt extremely specific yet. The reason for that is because as I said, I am returning from injury until I am satisfied with my lifts doing this program I will change my program in total in the direction of a powerlifting/strongman esque program.

Feel free to critique and give me any feed back on how I can make this better. My gym is pretty old worldy. I just recently opened it so we are pretty bare bones at the moment. Squat rack, crap ton of weight and a bench is all I need currently.

Day 1/6:Compound lifts
Ramping sets (increase weight by 20lbs each set)
Back Squat 4x5
Bench 4x5
Deadlift 4x5

Day 2/7: Rest

Day 3: Chest/Back
Ramping sets (increase weight by 5 to 20lbs each set)
Dumbbell bench 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Incline Bench 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Pec flye 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Bent over Row 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Upright row 1x15, 1x10, 2x5

Day 4: Arms
Ramping sets (increase weight by 5 to 20 lbs each set)
Arnold Press 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Front Raise 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Lateral Raise 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Barbell curls 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Preacher curls 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Wrist curls 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
skullCrushers 1x15, 1x10, 2x5

Day 5: Legs
Ramping sets (increase weight 10 to 20lbs each set)
Front Squat 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Stiff leg deadlift 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Seated calf raise 1x15, 1x10, 2x5
Standing calf raise 1x15, 1x10, 2x5

As for nutrition. I am utilizing IIFYM as I am cutting. My caloric cap is around 2350 approximately, pumping about 200 grams protein, about 270 grams of carb with very low fat. (50 g currently)

As for supplements, I am riding my favorite combination, Isatori Bio-Gro and Carnivor Shred. I do use a few pre workouts. My current is MP assault.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Your routine looks good to kick this off with, liking the opposing muscle groups within each lift day, I always feel better & less stiff if I both push and pull.

Count me in to follow along man, best of luck to you and once again welcome to the board

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Wooo, so my first day of my program went without a hitch. I hit my squat at 300lbs, my dead at 300lbs. I am kind of disappointed at my bench. Only hitting 170, even though I know I probably hit 185, but hey it is my first day back and it was also a cheat day. So all in all a pretty good day, I am happy where I ended today.

Cant wait for the next update.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Christmas. What do I find myself doing? Hitting chest and back. . . Today I found myself invigorated by the iron and really pushed myself to the limits. After all if I dont struggle I wont grow. My nutrition has been lacking, but im hitting about 200g of protein a day so that is all that really matters, growth. Excited for tomorrow.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I hear you man I got in 2 hours of posterior chain work, deadlifts are even better on Christmas

Merry Christmas brother

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Merry Christmas to you as well my man!

As for the update.
Yesterday was armday. Sad to say, I couldn't finish it. On the final set of curls, I felt tendon pain in my nondominate arm, it seems I went to hard to fast, I listened to my body and took the hint, I stopped before anything popped. Crap . . .

For the arnold press, I hit a high of 55lbs, for delts I was able to hit 15lb for the side head and 20lb for frontal head. I could've gone higher but that doesnt make sense for synergy and body design. I want to grow them together. Barbell I was hitting about 80lbs, which is absolutely terrible since before the injury I was at 135lb. Megh. My concentration curl was about 40lbs.

Disappointing, but everyone has to start somewhere. Tonight is legs.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
So legs didn't work out, as they were suppose to. It didnt make sense, to me, to hit legs for hypertrophy and then the next day strength. I opted for strength so I took the day off.

Last night however I was able to hit my strength day and efficiently use my time and energy. I took it easy on my squat, since my squat stand was having issues and I didnt trust it to support an huge amount of weight. (Its also only slated to hold 400lb then liable to fail) my squat reached a peak at 305lb.

I am more proud of my bench, I was able to hit 175. I hate how my chest is a slow grower, any one else have this problem?

My deadlift since it was ,on the ground, I was able to pull 345lbs. I plan on hitting 375 then 400 for multiples.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Boy oh boy, these last few weeks have been slow. I took a week off due to well . . . Life. Do I regret it? Nope. I came back to the gym and was able to crush my goals on Monday. Hitting a 325 squat. (I can probably hit 350+ my stands can only hit 400 before they get closer to breaking. So I have been taking it slow. ) my bench is inch closer too 200lb. Easily hitting 185lb so I will be attempting 200lb most likely by the end of the week. I was able to hit my deadlift goal of 375lb. 400lb is coming like I predicted by the end of the week.

I have restructured my training program, I am preparing for an powerlifting competition. So I am hitting three strength days every other day and two hypertrophy days inbetween those days. The weekend I most likely will just do HIIT or just take off all together to rest and recover.

Anyone who is still reading this! Thank you!

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Why hello there!. It has been a while. I have been absolutely lazy when it comes to updating this thing, or my life is simply that hectic.

So update.

I hit a 225lb bench, 425 deadlift and a 405 squat. All of my lifts were for multiples. So I am sure my 1rm is relatively higher. (Yay)
Working on my grip strength now, so as I get heavier the need for straps wont be necessary. I have an Raw Powerlifting meet in April.

If anyone has any advice or pro tips for me, that'd be amazing!

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
So, I apologize for the lack of posting. . . It has been awhile, I wont lie, it has been a rough span of time for me. During training shortly after the post above. I tore my rotator cuff doing over head presses. . . Now this didn't stop me from my goals of working towards Aprils powerlifting meet. The injury limited and still does hinder my bench press, but I still pushed on. . . Until I popped my knee crossing a street. I have no idea what happened but I heard a pop. Knee lost stability and I was in constant pain for about a month.

At this point I simply put a break on training to heal as naturally as I could. Afraid of not being able to compete. I stupidly ignored what my body was trying to tell me and pushed forward.

Fast forward to the day of the powerlifting meet, I hear a pop doing some warm up squats and felt a little bit of pain. . . This should've been my warning sign **** was about to get real. My flight got called. I got under 407 an weight I did way more of during practice, before my initial knee pain. Got under it, went ass to grass and knee gave out all together. . . Urgent care told me that they don't think it is an full tear but were unable to tell due to how muscular my thighs were, they said my muscle around my knee was holding everything tight.

My ortho appointment is in a few days (24th) so I hope, everything can be rectified. . . Between my right side shoulder and right side knee, my training has slowed down. . . I am still doing chest and arms as much as my body will allow. . . I cant and wont give up. . .

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, I apologize for the lack of posting. . . It has been awhile, I wont lie, it has been a rough span of time for me. During training shortly after the post above. I tore my rotator cuff doing over head presses. . . Now this didn't stop me from my goals of working towards Aprils powerlifting meet. The injury limited and still does hinder my bench press, but I still pushed on. . . Until I popped my knee crossing a street. I have no idea what happened but I heard a pop. Knee lost stability and I was in constant pain for about a month.

At this point I simply put a break on training to heal as naturally as I could. Afraid of not being able to compete. I stupidly ignored what my body was trying to tell me and pushed forward.

Fast forward to the day of the powerlifting meet, I hear a pop doing some warm up squats and felt a little bit of pain. . . This should've been my warning sign **** was about to get real. My flight got called. I got under 407 an weight I did way more of during practice, before my initial knee pain. Got under it, went ass to grass and knee gave out all together. . . Urgent care told me that they don't think it is an full tear but were unable to tell due to how muscular my thighs were, they said my muscle around my knee was holding everything tight.

My ortho appointment is in a few days (24th) so I hope, everything can be rectified. . . Between my right side shoulder and right side knee, my training has slowed down. . . I am still doing chest and arms as much as my body will allow. . . I cant and wont give up. . .
Hate to hear about the injuries man. Keep pushing the best you can. For the shoulder...I can highly recommend buying a "slingshot" for doing the bench press. Youll be amazed at how much it can help. It makes my RC tear almost non existent!