HST Freight Train to Gainzville! (justhere4comm, unsponsored demi-log)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, this is my foray into HST with thanks (I think) to bighulksmash and his most recent venture into the realm of gainz. I expect to update this every workout day which is 3 days per week. It was hard to imagine only working out 3 days per week but after day 1, I am a believer. The sh1t just got real.

This is also my way of pushing myself to try something new. All I have ever done is a 3 on 1 off routine as far back as I can recall, and this is definitely a different animal all together. I have to learn a few things along the way that is for certain.

Lesson 1. Learn to take a rest between sets! I blazed through this partially because i started my workout late in the day.

Flashback to this morning.

I was sitting there on my sofa like an idiot debating wether I'm going to actually do this. I took a few days off to de-load and set myself up to start mid-week.

https://youtu.be/rIqWSPUh2rY

HST Day 1
Weeks 1-2:
Wednesday

Leg Press
Warm-Up Set 15 @ 175
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 190

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 135

Incline Bench Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 120

Dips
2 Sets x 15 Reps (-50)

Wide-Grip Chin-Ups
1 Set x 15 Reps (-100)

Pendlay Rows
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 85

Military Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 100

Lateral Raises
2 Sets x 15 Reps @ 20, 15

DB Hammer Curls @ 20
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Skull Crushers @ 100
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Calf Raises @ 160
1 Sets x 15

Holy crap. That took the air out of me.
Learn to take a break between sets!!!

See you Friday. I cannot believe I'm doing this.

NOTE
I will be putting up a spreadsheet of my entire 8 weeks (generally speaking) adjustments will be necessary as I go along but it will give everyone a good picture of how this should look.

Week 1-2 M/W/F 15 mr
HST 1-2.jpg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reserved for my thoughts after week 8.

Starting weight is 209lbs
Goal: Get Lean and gain some muscle / maintain

Invitations: () Woody Burnfire Cjg thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Burnfire hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Jebrook hairygrandpa BloodManor habajaba

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
absolutely in on this

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets see...

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got to be in on this one! you are going to kill it brother!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
In like Donkey Kong! Get it brother #gainzzz

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In bud. Interested to see how HST treats ya

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In!!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
in!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've added a basic structure for weeks 1-2 (15 rm) in the first post.
I missed my morning window of opportunity for working pre-work today, and will have to adjust for an evening workout.

Additionally I am looking into Vince Gironda's Diet and principles. I was recently reminded of him in another discussion, and it brought me back to the heroes of my youth like Vince.

http://www.palmieribodybuilding.com/The Vince Gironda Workout Bulletin and Me.pdf

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for gains! I was tagged twice, I know this will be epic!!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I've added a basic structure for weeks 1-2 (15 rm) in the first post.
I missed my morning window of opportunity for working pre-work today, and will have to adjust for an evening workout.

Additionally I am looking into Vince Gironda's Diet and principles. I was recently reminded of him in another discussion, and it brought me back to the heroes of my youth like Vince.

http://www.palmieribodybuilding.com/The Vince Gironda Workout Bulletin and Me.pdf
I don't agree with all of Vince's ideas, but man you couldn't argue with the results. Especially with the way he looked in that time period

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I don't agree with all of Vince's ideas, but man you couldn't argue with the results. Especially with the way he looked in that time period
Steak and eggs diet and vinces 8x8 got everyone muscled up even hard gainers.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I managed to get myself in the gym today, instead of Friday (See notes)

HST Day 2
Weeks 1-2:
Friday

Leg Press
Warm-Up Set 15 @ 180
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 195

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 140

Incline Bench Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 125

Dips
2 Sets x 15 Reps (-50)

Narrow-Grip Chin-Ups
1 Set x 15 Reps (-100)

Pendlay Rows
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 90

Military Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 105

Lateral Raises
1 Sets x 15 Reps @ 20

DB Hammer Curls @ 25
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Skull Crushers @ 105
1 Sets x 15 Reps

1-Leg Calf Raises @ 165
1 Sets x 15

By the deadlifts, those take a lot of wind out of me which I think is the reason I've been shaken at the end of these workouts.

Notes:
I received some bad news the other day (Wednesday evening) my cousin passed away, and to make matters worse, I found out by way of Facebook which aggravated me to an extreme. Nobody called me, and let me know what happened, and I still don't know. Thursday was to be a day where I prepped to go to the wake on Friday, and even that was messed up as the date and time changed where I couldn't even attend it on Thursday. He was military, and I can only imagine it was something to do with this. I spent the better part of Thursday and Friday coping, and not calling my other family members for information and condolences.

I will be contacting them today. (Saturday) and took off of work in case they want me to drive to Miami and visit.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Decent workout my friend.

Sorry to hear about your cousin. It's my opinion that Facebook is killing manners and common sense.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Justhere4comm, Sorry to hear about your Cousin..

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Unfortunately, too many people in the world today are controlled by the Facebook. It is too many peoples form of communication

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I managed to get myself in the gym today, instead of Friday (See notes)

HST Day 2
Weeks 1-2:
Friday

Leg Press
Warm-Up Set 15 @ 180
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 195

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 140

Incline Bench Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 125

Dips
2 Sets x 15 Reps (-50)

Narrow-Grip Chin-Ups
1 Set x 15 Reps (-100)

Pendlay Rows
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 90

Military Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 105

Lateral Raises
1 Sets x 15 Reps @ 20

DB Hammer Curls @ 25
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Skull Crushers @ 105
1 Sets x 15 Reps

1-Leg Calf Raises @ 165
1 Sets x 15

By the deadlifts, those take a lot of wind out of me which I think is the reason I've been shaken at the end of these workouts.

Notes:
I received some bad news the other day (Wednesday evening) my cousin passed away, and to make matters worse, I found out by way of Facebook which aggravated me to an extreme. Nobody called me, and let me know what happened, and I still don't know. Thursday was to be a day where I prepped to go to the wake on Friday, and even that was messed up as the date and time changed where I couldn't even attend it on Thursday. He was military, and I can only imagine it was something to do with this. I spent the better part of Thursday and Friday coping, and not calling my other family members for information and condolences.

I will be contacting them today. (Saturday) and took off of work in case they want me to drive to Miami and visit.
Prayers sent man .... lots of love . Keep it cool if you need to talk hmu.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for your loss bud. Praying for you, your family and extended family.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Prayers sent man .... lots of love . Keep it cool if you need to talk hmu.
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Unfortunately, too many people in the world today are controlled by the Facebook. It is too many peoples form of communication
Justhere4comm, Sorry to hear about your Cousin..
Decent workout my friend.

Sorry to hear about your cousin. It's my opinion that Facebook is killing manners and common sense.
Sorry for your loss bud. Praying for you, your family and extended family.
Damn bro. I'm sorry to hear that.
Thank you gents for your kind words and prayers. I was derailed for a few days, but all is back on track and I've communicated with my family.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Thank you gents for your kind words and prayers. I was derailed for a few days, but all is back on track and I've communicated with my family.
Well I'm glad you talked with your family. Mine is the same way. I'm always the last person to find out anything. When my Mom broke her wrist earlier this year, I found out when she came to visit and told me she just got her cast off. I was like "WTF DID YOU NEED A CAST FOR?!".

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about this. Prayers and good thoughts

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What the what? I dont know how I missed this at all!! Holy CRAP Im down and have been thinking Bout doing it again myself!! Excited for you homie, but, simultaneously I hate to hear about the loss.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well I'm glad you talked with your family. Mine is the same way. I'm always the last person to find out anything. When my Mom broke her wrist earlier this year, I found out when she came to visit and told me she just got her cast off. I was like "WTF DID YOU NEED A CAST FOR?!".
Yep. It's irritating.

Sorry to hear about this. Prayers and good thoughts
Thanks bro!

What the what? I dont know how I missed this at all!! Holy CRAP Im down and have been thinking Bout doing it again myself!! Excited for you homie, but, simultaneously I hate to hear about the loss.
You've been busy and that's ok! Gonna get that first deer with your son and working hard.

This is another animal. Species. This HST. Reading up on it much more to see about maximizing and adjusting to suit my style best. We will see.

Thank you brother for the words! Very thoughtful.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for a penny, in for a pound.
Of meat that is.

My wife just finished cutting up the steaks and dividing the giant bag of ground chuck into daily portions and we are good for two weeks. We got some chicken and fish to break up the monotony for her. Thank goodness for bulk foods at BJ's Wholesale. The milk was $2.30 per gallon! 18 eggs for $4.38! ridiculous.

diet steak n eggs.jpg

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for a penny, in for a pound.
Of meat that is.

My wife just finished cutting up the steaks and dividing the giant bag of ground chuck into daily portions and we are good for two weeks. We got some chicken and fish to break up the monotony for her. Thank goodness for bulk foods at BJ's Wholesale. The milk was $2.30 per gallon! 18 eggs for $4.38! ridiculous.

View attachment 142889
Literally looks like a nice line up!

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
So basically same movements 3x a week. At what %??

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
15 rm weeks 1/2
10 rm weeks 3/4
05 rm weeks 5/6
05 rm weeks 7/8

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think if I cycled back to 15 it would kill me.

You could actually do six weeks then Decondition a week then start over with 15 rm.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
I think if I cycled back to 15 it would kill me.

You could actually do six weeks then Decondition a week then start over with 15 rm.
I'm looking forward to your results. Always make progress with a good workout already laid out

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HST Day 1
Weeks 2-3:
Monday

Leg Press
Warm-Up Set 15 @ 175
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 190

Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 135

Incline Bench Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 135

Dips
2 Sets x 15 Reps (-50)

Wide-Grip Chin-Ups
1 Set x 15 Reps (-100)

Pendlay Rows
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 85

Military Press
1 Set x 15 Reps @ 115

Lateral Raises
2 Sets x 15 Reps @ 20, 15

DB Hammer Curls @ 20
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Tricep Pushdowns @ 150
1 Sets x 15 Reps

Calf Raises @ 160
1 Sets x 15

I'm getting used to this.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
You're getting used to a full body major workout?! I DREAM of doing that! Where's that pdf again.....

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
justhere4comm its looking like youre well on your way brother!! Hows the wife? Still sick or good to go and how is the HST treating her? I strrted my HST today, thanks to you, HIT4ME and Studhorse

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am so confuzzled . I have read this and I actually thought I had responded and subscribed - I am in now and am sorry about your loss and sorry to be late with my condolences. I hate social media. One day, there is going to be a huge technology break through were people actually talk to each other and meet face to face and maybe even DO things together .

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She's still on antibiotics. Going to be doing modified program as it's been a long time no gym.

Got her on keto diet.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established