HST TO BOOST MUSCLE GROWTH 12 WEEK LOG AND MORE !

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Workout made by TUnit on bb.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw39.htm incase you all wanna see.

Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST) is a not a specific routine, but a training idea. It's been tested by many weightlifters, especially bodybuilders.

What Is HST?

Hypertrophy-Specific Training, or simply HST, is a method of training designed to quickly and effectively induce whole body muscle growth. It is based on physiological principles of muscular hypertrophy. These principles were first discovered in the laboratory, and then organized into a method of training that would produce predictable and repeatable hypertrophic effects.
Hypertrophy-Specific Training arose out of the research looking at both the stimuli and mechanisms for muscle cell hypertrophy. Of course, translating these principles into applicable methods (sets and reps and schedules) brings in some possibility of error. As the science continues to explore the exact mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy, this error will be whittled away. (Hypertrophy-Specific Nutrition™)

Some Minor Principles Of Hypertrophy-Specific Training.
Herein, we're going to take a closer look at some of these minor principles, while only briefly discussing the well-known major principles of HST.
[ Click here to learn more. ]

1. Mechanical Load:
Mechanical Load is necessary to induce muscle hypertrophy. This mechanism involves but isn't limited to, MAPk/ERK, satellite cells, growth factors, calcium and number of other fairly understood factors. It is incorrect to say "we don't know how muscle grows in response to training."
The whole point of the HST book is not to discuss HST, but to present the body of research explaining how hypertrophy occurs. Then HST becomes a relatively obvious conclusion if your goal is hypertrophy.
2. Acute vs. Chronic Stimuli:
In order for the loading to result in significant hypertrophy, the stimulus must be applied with sufficient frequency to create a new "environment," as opposed to seemingly random and acute assaults on the mechanical integrity of the tissue. The downside of taking a week of rest every time you load a muscle is that many of the acute responses to training like increased protein synthesis, prostaglandins, IGF-1 levels and mRNA levels all return to normal in about 36 hours.
So, you spend 2 days growing and half a week in a semi-anticatabolic state returning to normal (some people call this recovery), when research shows us that recovery can take place unabated even if the muscle is loaded again in 48 hours. So true anabolism from loading only lasts two days at best once the load is removed. The rest of the time you are simply balancing nitrogen retention without adding to it.
3. Progressive Load:
Over time, the tissue adapts and becomes resistant to the damaging effects of mechanical load. This adaptation (resistance to the stimulus) can happen in as little as 48 hours (Repeated Bout Effect or Rapid Training Effect). As this happens, hypertrophy will stop, though neural and metabolic adaptations can and may continue.
As opposed to hypertrophy, the foundation for the development of strength is neuromuscular in nature. Increases in strength from resistance exercise have been attributed to several neural adaptations including altered recruitment patterns, rate coding, motor unit synchronization, reflex potentiation, prime mover antagonist activity and prime mover agonist activity.
So, aside from incremental changes in the number of contractile filaments (hypertrophy), voluntary force production (i.e. strength) is largely a matter of "activating" motor units.
4. Strategic Deconditioning:
At this point, it is necessary to either increase the load (Progressive load), or decrease the degree of conditioning to the load (Strategic Deconditioning). The muscle is sensitive not only to the absolute load, but also to the change in load (up or down).
Therefore, you can get a hypertrophic effect from increasing the load from a previous load, even if the absolute load is not maximum, assuming conditioning (resistance to exercise induced micro-damage) is not to extensive.
There is a limit to the number of increments you can add to increase the load. You simply reach your maximum voluntary strength eventually. This is why Strategic Deconditioning is required for continued growth once growth has stopped (all things remaining equal).

RELATED ARTICLE

Strategic Deconditioning: Priming Muscles For Growth. While utilizing Hypertrophy-Specific Training techniques, our goal is to present the muscle with a growth promoting stimulus at the moment the muscle is physically susceptible to microtrauma.

Utilizing Lactic Acid As A Stimulus For Tendon Repair/Health:
Now HST incorporates a few other things such as higher reps (for lactic acid) to prepare the muscles and tendons for future heavy loads. This serves as "regular maintenance." Without it, you increase your risk of chronic injuries and pain. The metabolically-taxing reps enhance healing of strained tendons.
Compound Exercises:
HST also suggests using compound exercises to maximize the effects of loading on as much muscle as possible per exercise.
Progressively Adjusting Reps To Accommodate Progressive Load:
HST suggests that you use 2-week blocks for each rep range. Why? It has nothing to do with adaptation. It is simply a way to accommodate the ever increasing load. Of course, you could adjust your reps every week (e.g. 15, 12, 10, 8, 5, etc.), but this is more complicated and people might not understand.
Often times, in order to communicate an idea you must simplify things, even at the expense of perfection. If people can't understand it, they won't do it. What good would that do or anybody? Then, over time, people figure out for themselves the other possibilities that exist within the principles of hypertrophy.
Low Volume Per Exercise (Average Volume Per Week):
HST suggests that you limit the number of sets per exercise per workout to 1 or 2. This is based on "some" evidence that sets beyond the first "effective" set do little more than burn calories.
There is nothing wrong with burning calories, but when you get to be my age you just don't have the exercise tolerance that you once did. Using hormone replacement (HRT) therapy would of course, increase the number of sets you could do without undue stress.
Some may question the validity of HST not utilizing more than 1 or 2 sets per exercise. The number of sets is set low to accommodate the frequency necessary to create an effective and consistent environment to stimulate hypertrophy. Over the course of a week, the volume isn't that different from standard splits (e.g. chest should tri, back bi, legs). (Hypertrophy-Specific Nutrition™)
HST is a training idea based on numerous scientific principles and data that has been rendered to be effective by many trainees, even including a few professional bodybuilders. It is an idea that has direct scientific evidence to support itself. It is based on training each body part three times per week so as to constantly induce growth.
The idea is that constant tension on the muscles will lead to more hypertrophy than a conventional split in which a muscle is subject to stress once or twice per week and the other 5-6 days of the week are spent training other body parts and not stimulating each muscle group. However, over the course of an entire week, the total number of sets for each body part will be similar to a conventional body part split.

RELATED ARTICLE

Six Hypertrophy Hints!
Here I will share with you six 'hints' that can lead to more hypertrophy. Serious bodybuilding is hard work, and you deserve to get the most out of the time you spend in the gym.

Workout:
What is the best HST workout? Be specific and make sure to list exercises, reps, sets, etc.

The principles of HST are based on progressive load and on training each muscle group 3 times per week. The program is based around 2-week cycles in specific rep ranges. Also, the goal of the workouts is intensity and stimulation, not annihilation of the muscle group.
This routine is not suggested for a beginner trainee, but for an intermediate or advanced lifter with at least 1-2 years of solid training experience. You must first establish your 15-Rep Max, your 10-Rep Max and your 5-Rep Max for each of the lifts in the program. Here is an 8-week cycle:
Weeks 1-2:
Monday:

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 15 Reps
Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Dips - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Medium Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Pendlay Rows - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Military Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Bent-Over Rear Lateral Raises - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Side Laterals D-bell 1 set x 15 reps** Studhorse
Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Weighted Crunches - 2 Sets x 15 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 1-2 Monday.
Wednesday:

Split Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Dips - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Wide-Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Military Press - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Lateral Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Skull Crushers - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
1-Leg Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Weighted Decline Sit-Ups - 2 Sets x 15 Reps

Click Image To Enlarge.
Video Guide: Windows Media (196 KB) MPEG (436 KB)

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 1-2 Wednesday.
Friday:

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 15 Reps
Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Dips - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Medium Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Military Press - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Bent-Over Rear Lateral Raises - 1 Set x 15 Reps
Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Decline Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps
Leg Raises - 2 Sets x 15 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 1-2 Friday.
Weeks 3-4:
Monday:

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 10 Reps
Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Shrugs - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Dips - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Medium Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Pendlay Rows - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Military Press - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Bent-Over Rear Lateral Raises - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Weighted Crunches - 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 3-4 Monday.
Wednesday:

Split Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Behind the Back Shrugs - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Dips - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Wide-Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Military Press - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Lateral Raises - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Triceps Pushdowns - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
1-Leg Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Weighted Decline Sit-Ups - 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 3-4 Wednesday.
Friday:

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 10 Reps
Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Shrugs - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Dips - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Medium-Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Military Press - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Bent-Over Rear Lateral Raises - 1 Set x 10 Reps
Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Decline Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 10 Reps
Leg Raises - 2 Sets x 10 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 3-4 Friday.
Weeks 5-6:
Monday:

Full Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 1 Set x 5 Reps
Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Dips - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Medium-Grip Pull-Ups - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Pendlay Rows - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Military Press - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Bent-Over Rear Lateral Raises - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Dumbbell Curls - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Crunches - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 5-6 Monday.
Wednesday:

Split Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Glute-Ham Raises - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Behind the Back Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Weighted Dips - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Wide Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Military Press - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Lateral Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Hammer Curls - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Skull Crushers - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
1-Leg Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Decline Sit-Ups - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 5-6 Wednesday.
Friday:

Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Decline Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Leg Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 5-6 Friday.
Weeks 7-8:
Monday:

Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Crunches - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 7-8 Monday.
Wednesday:

Split Squats - 1-2 Warm-Up Sets + 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Glute-Ham Raises - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Behind the Back Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Incline Bench Press - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Weighted Dips - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Wide-Grip Chin-Ups - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Military Press - 1 Set x 5 Reps
Lateral Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Hammer Curls - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Skull Crushers - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
1-Leg Calf Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Decline Sit-Ups - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 7-8 Wednesday.
Friday:

Shrugs - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Decline Triceps Extensions - 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Leg Raises - 2 Sets x 5 Reps

Click Here For A Printable Log Of Weeks 7-8 Friday.
Week 9 - Strategic Deconditioning (Rest Week)
Weeks 10+
From here you can start the cycle over again. It would also be a good idea to change some of the exercises. For example, switch Dumbbell Curls with Reverse Curls.

Who Would
An HST Workout Appeal To?

An HST workout would appeal to almost anyone looking to put on muscle and increase strength. The entire concept of HST is based on real science and it looks like a solid training idea. It is much better than trying some workout you read in a magazine that promises 10 pounds of muscle in a week. HST is a proven training idea that will pack on muscle on a consistent basis.

** LIST OF SUPPS**
TRAINING TIMES
MEALS
MOOD
MEASUREMENTS

This is a new training log based on a old style with a new name. I welcome everybody to join me in my quest to go from 27% body fat down to 10 by June I have all the things at my disposal that would allow me to reach the goal .

I have all the supplements I have my workouts written down I've got the weights I need I've got the support from my great people.

Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook halfhuman ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME angcd3 will add more soon
View attachment 142451
Where iam at now

View attachment 142452
Where im trying to be by 6/17/17

View attachment 142537
View attachment 142538
View attachment 142539

Week 1 of 12

Supplement list

Diesel Test hardcore
Raw test
Jp8x
Nos ether
Sunami

Virtus
1ad
4ad

Test prop
Tren ace
Dbol
Animal pak mv
Pro complex protein powder
Dieselade bcaa
Joint support

Octodrene hardcore
Fish oil
Ar1macare pro
Cq10
NAC

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hell of a 1st post, lol!!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does that mean we're all athletic supporters? In

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
It sounds smart now but once all the boys join in... free fall into depravity
Nooo lol ..... hopefully we can keep it on topic . Unless NewAgeMayan can deliver some animated goodness in herr.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It sounds smart now but once all the boys join in... free fall into depravity
Look who's talkin. You're just here for the fat chicks

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nooo lol ..... hopefully we can keep it on topic . Unless NewAgeMayan can deliver some animated goodness in herr.
On Topic??? Think you need to take a look at your mention list. The A-Team of derailers

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
On Topic??? Think you need to take a look at your mention list. The A-Team of derailers
I just laughed so hard my stomach hurts thanks I ate two large pizzas by myself and drink half of a 2 liter of diet soda

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't know if you're a fan of the boys, but Hey mmorso.....What's another word for pirate treasure??

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's booty

booty-girls-walking-9.gif

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
I'm in on this bro . !

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And queue sexiness. You summoned?

:D. Of course in.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Feel free to blow me up with questions going to charge my phone and watch the rest of the hockey game with my kid be right back

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome man! Great detailed first post! In on this for sure!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In you magnificent b@stard

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
SFreed ryane87 Studhorse
If there was ever a character that deserved to be called “Magnificent”, that character is the Magnificent Bastard. The Magnificent Bastard is what happens when you combine the Chessmaster, the Trickster, and the Manipulative Bastard (Large Ham is optional): bold, charismatic, independent, and audacious. Capturing the audience with his charisma, incredible intellect, mastery of manipulation, and boldness of action, this character is a show-stealer, demanding your reverence at every turn. The term "Magnificent Bastard" was first used by General Patton in reference to Erwin Rommel in the film Patton, upon realizing that he was facing a man who literally wrote the book on deceptive warfare. It acquired its current meaning courtesy of Lionel Luthor of Smallville, who was given this nickname by the Television Without Pity boards.

So what makes a character a Magnificent Bastard? Let's break it down:

They are brilliant and utterly devious, to an almost breathtaking, mind-boggling degree. Call it genius, call it virtual omniscience, but they always seem to know what everyone else is planning at any given moment, and exactly how to arrange the game so they win every time.
They are smooth operators. They'll always know exactly what to say to position you where they want you, always have a backup strategy and never loses their cool. Even if on the remote chance something happens that wasn't in their plans, you'd never know it from their actions.
They have a goal, and are not going to stop until they've completed it...whatever it is. To that end they will do almost anything. They'll move heaven and hell, and we want to see them succeed. Despite their choice of tactics, they are rarely if ever pointlessly cruel, and have reason for everything they do.
They are charismatic, often charming, their personality like a physical force. People tend to like them, sometimes even when they know they aren't on their side, and even those who hate their guts have to admit respect. Even when at their darkest, they have traits which one can't help but admire.
Other common aspects of a Magnificent Bastard include being a Large Ham, a Sharp-Dressed Man, Wicked Cultured, Crazy Awesome, and Dangerously Genre Savvy.

A key difference that separates the Magnificent Bastard from other character tropes like the mere Manipulative Bastard or The Chessmaster is the Bastard's willingness to step onto the playing field in person. The risks are obvious, but the strategic advantages are numerous.

While usually an antagonist, especially if he's the Big Bad, the Magnificent Bastard can be aligned on either side of a conflict. Hell, he's so amazing he tends to forgo the idea of good and evil all together, instead following his own agenda, choosing to help whichever side will further his goals. However, it's true that his penchant for manipulation at the expense of others means it's common for him to be a Villain, Villain Protagonist, or at least an Anti-Hero, but purely heroic examples exist. Either way, he's almost always in charge of whatever organization he's involved with, or might as well be.

Aside from all the various aspects which come together to define the Magnificent Bastard, compare and contrast the Smug Snake, who may once have been a Magnificent Bastard in the making but fell short due to his own arrogance. When a villainous Magnificent Bastard becomes so over the top that he is no longer believable, then he becomes a Villain Sue (a regular Mary Sue for the heroic version). Also compare the Guile Hero, who uses cleverness, trickery and manipulation but lacks the flair and depth of-planning to elevate him to Magnificent Bastard status. Despite the term, he is not likely to be a Bastard Bastard, thanks to that person's inherent daddy issues, but there's nothing preventing him either.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
And of course I'm here. Sounds like this program is going to really kick shizz up a load of notches!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
And of course I'm here. Sounds like this program is going to really kick shizz up a load of notches!
Well , this new workout I have planned makes my old routine look like Barbies having a tea party.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let's start this ride big man! You are going to kill it I have faith. 2 large pizzas? Holy crap. Hope it was loaded with meat!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Let's start this ride big man! You are going to kill it I have faith. 2 large pizzas? Holy crap. Hope it was loaded with meat!
Nope 1 chesse 1 pep . Stair master gonna bang me hard this morning.

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT :D :D :D !!! Wich powerranger do you find most cool!!

Ah just kidding! In bighulksmash

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Just the topic I was starting to research! Thanks.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
subbed

good luck bro-

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I have never really given higher reps a try except in legs. Looking forward to seeing how you respond homie

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Nice ! Think Ima give this a go during pct to have an excuse to give up the heavy ass weight lol
I had a scare the other night pushing 305 for reps my wrist popped didn't do any serious damage that I know it just hasn't been the same so I'm going to switch it up for a while give me body a chance to heal.