Jason's training/strength log

Jmckinney08

Jmckinney08

Awards
Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself before starting my log on here. My name is Jason Mckinney And I train as a powerlifter, although it's been a while I have a couple of competitions under my belt and I'd like to someday get back on the platform when my hectic schedule slows down enough between school and work.

I actually started a new training cycle this week, but for the sake of time I'll just start this log with what I did today instead of back tracking everything I've already did this week.

Accessory day!

Seated military press:

135x10
190x8
210x8
230x10 (PR!)

Close grip bench w/2 board:

230x5
265x5
285x5
300x5
325x5

Incline band flyes: 2x25

Press downs: 4x15

Lat pull down w/v-bar: 4x15

Core work x 100 reps

Squat day tomorrow!

Jmckinney08

Jmckinney08

Awards
Squat day!

Competition squat: 6x4 350lbs

Paused squats: 1x12 @250lbs

Snatch grip deadlift: 2x10 300lbs

Core work: 75 reps

Sets moved great today, each week poundages on the two squat variations increase.

Have a couple of light cardio sessions coming up tomorrow and Sunday.

Jmckinney08

Jmckinney08

Awards
Did some fasted cardio this morning before work, nothing that intense just enough to get my heart rate working some. Set a timer for 12 minutes and did a quick circuit of:

Backward sled drag: 30yds 100lbs

Sprint (back to starting point): 30yds

Bent over row (using a strongman log): 185x12

Sprint (back to where sled was left): 30yds

Repeated that entire process for 12 minutes, ended up completing 6 circuits total. Looking to slowly bring back some conditioning at least from a cardiovascular standpoint (which is where I need the most work currently lol).

Another cardio session coming up tomorrow.

Jmckinney08

Jmckinney08

Awards
Deadlift day!

4" block pull: 370x6x4
425x5

Dimel deadlift: 310x2x10

Weighted 45 degree back raise: 135lb barbell x 4x10

Ended with some light core work.

Also forgot to post I did another cardio session yesterday consisted of sprint ladders, cardio is starting to aide in recovery time between sets right now (means I'm doing it right and not over killing) so I'm just going to keep it short in duration but intense enough to elicit a positive response for my body.

Jmckinney08

Jmckinney08

Awards
Been away for a long while but since I have plenty of downtime this summer from school I figured it was time to get back on track with my journal!

Bench day!

paused bench:

325x2
325x4

Floor press:

230x2x15

Tricep pressdowns superset w/overhead dumbbell extensions:

5x12-15

Chest supported row:

4x15

Weighted machine crunches:

100 reps total

Everything moved great today, going to move up the weight on floor press 20lbs due to the sets not being challenging enough. So next week the weight will be 250lbs from then on the goal is +5lbs each week until I can no longer get 15 reps on both sets, from there I'll stay at that weight until I can get the 2x15 then keep progressing +5lbs.