Habajaba's journey from geek to giant

Page 1 of 28 123 ... Last
  1. Habajaba's journey from geek to GIANT

Hello everyone! I've been logging Epidrone (Habajaba's first drone strike w/BPS Epidrone) for the last month and have enjoyed the camaraderie and support from everyone here on AM. Because of this, I've decided to open an ongoing training log as an opportunity to share my ongoing progress and continue the discussion after my Epidrone log is done.

A little about me... I'm 36, 6'2", 210lb. The goal is for a substantial recomp. I'd like to get to the point where weight gain is a good thing. But I'm not there yet! Ideally I'd like to be at 200-205 and fit into some size 33 shorts I have sitting here waiting for me :-).

I've struggled with weight all my life. My metabolism fights against me. Couple that with bad food choices and I'm in trouble. In april 2008, I was at my peak of 275lb.

Name:  139678d1472564690-habajabas-first-drone-img_0494[1].jpg
Views: 697
Size:  81.3 KB

Unhealthy and unhappy with myself for letting it get so bad. My brother told me his friend lost a ton of weight on Power90. I was desperate enough to give it a shot, even though working out to a DVD sounded cheesy and weird. Over the course of a year, my wife, dad, and myself all completed Power90, Power90 Master Series, and P90X. I did a couple more rounds of P90X and got down to 189lb. Even with all that work, I didn't have "big" muscles just a lean and tone physique. Hard gainer.

Name:  p90xprogress_side.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  49.9 KB

In late 2009, I was at 189lb and realized my skin wasn't coming back. Doing pushups, my gut skin would hit the floor. After a lot of thought, I decided to have the skin surgically removed. Figured I had a long life ahead of me and I didn't want to be self conscious about it for the rest of my life. I didn't have any lipo done, figured it's up to me to lose it the right way. So the fat remained over my abs, just a little lower than it used to be. Turns out maybe I should have taken what I thought was the cheater way out, because unfortunately if there IS fat there, it looks a little weird becuse it's kinda lower than normal and shaped kinda like a tire. Most people wouldn't notice, but I do. I mention this so other people know it's a real option for those of us who lose a lot of weight and aren't happy with what's left. Also as a cautionary tale about letting the fat stay .

For a couple years, I maintained a weight from 190-205 with other Beachbody workouts like Insanity and Tony Horton One on One.

In 2012, we were rear ended and I began having serious issues with my neck and low back. This is when the wheels came off. I hurt so bad I couldn't work out. And because I couldn't work out, my back got worse. And because I had given up, I just started eating whatever I wanted. By Jan 2015, I was back up to 240lb. Through a lot of pain injections and medication, I began to manage the pain to a level I could begin working out again.

In Jan 2015, I started doing the new Power90 DVD program. It's aimed at beginners, but has 3 levels of difficulty. This was a great onramp back into fitness, and I've managed to supplement with additional moves/intensity to keep it challenging. The biggest attraction for me was 1 hour lift days and 25 minute cardio, alternated 6 days a week. Easy to fit into a busy schedule. I typically burn ~400cal on cardio and ~800-1000 on lift days.

Throughout 2015 and early 2016, I began trying out different supplements to see what I could gain from each. I locked down my staple PWO, BCAA, protein, and multi. Then I remembered signing up for AM back in 2008 when I started this journey. So I hopped on here and started looking for what I could do to kick it up a notch. I started with a few 8 week cycles of Ultimate T. Not bad. Then tried cutting some fat with MST Shred. Killer! Then Epidrone dropped on the scene. Thankfully, @FireTitan and @BPS hooked me up with a log opp and the rest is history!

Looking forward to sharing advice and support all who care to share! Tagging a few guys from my Epidrone log to get this party started. Hope you all will join me on the journey!

@FireTitan, @lifted67, @Alpha1agreda, @Brandinooooo, @SFreed, @bighulksmash, @smith_69, @hairygrandpa, @lukehayd, @Allhealsonme, @thebigt, @HIT4ME, @BEAST73, @thorsdad31, @Burnfire, @MySTeek, @justhere4comm

2. Sub
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION : USE "JUST410" for 10% OFF
    IG: @VeinNutrition
    •   

3. Definitely in here !!!! Add rob bailey & hustle standard to ya fakkin pandora
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    IRON LEGION REP HULK30 FOR 30%OFF
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

4. Finished my first bottle of Epidrone yesterday.

Weighed in this morning at 210.8. All time low! Going to grab measurements and pics for the Epidrone log/review later today.

Also went and had my bloods done. Looking forward to seeing where things stand after a month on Epidrone. Sadly, I'm an idiot and didn't think to have any done prior. So we'll have to wait for a baseline until I'm done with PCT and rebounded. Planning to get bloods done again in a few weeks to see Sup3r-4 effects, then again as soon as I begin PCT, and finally sometime around 60 days after PCT so we'll eventually have all the numbers.

Today begins my 4 weeks of Epidrone + Sup3r-4. I've been in absolute awe of what Epidrone has helped me accomplish in just one month. Especially when you consider I was on vacation for a week! But now it's time to turn things up to ELEVEN! Dose #1 is in the books.

Name:  aqSl7Dw5HTojK.gif
Views: 471
Size:  998.2 KB

Just guzzled some Cordygen-NanO2 + RagNOrok (thanks for the samples @jalfrey) along with a BronkAid. About time to do work!

5. Awesome and inspiring transformation!
    Subbed to see you get jacked!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   

6. Subbed!

7. In way to go man !!!!
    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

8. very impressive and incredible work bro-

great job
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

9. @habajaba is getting hubbabubba!!!

I have no idea what that means but it sounds cool, lol.

nice transformation, so far!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

10. Great job on the loss thus far. Former Fat Kid Krew checking in!
    I <3 Carbs

11. Thanks for subbing guys! Appreciate the support of you all!

FYI Cordygen-NanO2 + RagNOrok is a legit combo. I felt like a beast today. RagNOrok flavoring is on point as well. One of the best tasting PWO I've had. Might have just dethroned MaxREPS+ as my new fave.

Crazy awesome lift day! Added some reps today. Same workout as Monday when I felt like a beast. Monday was 57:11 today was 55:32. As a reference, just last week (and as far as I can remember) this workout was taking me 1:00 - 1:15. Screw breaks. Typical 30 second breaks became closer to 5 and I was ready to get back to killin' it. I used RagNOrok Monday for the first time. So I think the cordyceps does me right.

It really seems like week 4 is when Epidrone hit full steam for me. Looking forward to what happens on bottle #2 + Sup3r-4 this month.

12. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    @habajaba is getting hubbabubba!!!

I have no idea what that means but it sounds cool, lol.

nice transformation, so far!!!
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    Great job on the loss thus far. Former Fat Kid Krew checking in!
    Thanks! Love it! I wore husky pants from the time I was 9 or 10. It's been a long, uphill battle!

13. Amazing man. You and I share a lot of the same history, you have put in a lot of hard work and made a huge transformation that very few are capable of. Impressed.

14. I'll join in for this. Killer work so far!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

15. I'm in! Nice transformation! I am also 6'2, 36, but not on epidrone...haha really nice job!

16. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Amazing man. You and I share a lot of the same history, you have put in a lot of hard work and made a huge transformation that very few are capable of. Impressed.
    Thank you sir. I'm impressed with how far you've come as well. The struggle is real!

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I'll join in for this. Killer work so far!
    Thankful you all have my back. I keep pushing because I'm accountable to my AM homies!

Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    I'm in! Nice transformation! I am also 6'2, 36, but not on epidrone...haha really nice job!
    Thanks! Working hard to get my 6'2" frame to look more like yours. In due time... Oh, and EVERYONE should be on Epidrone. No excuses!

17. Tell me if you notice any shedding. And you can look like whatever you work hard to do. I am trying to get to 200 like you, but from the other way...lol

18. Lookin good bro. I'm subbed!

19. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    I am trying to get to 200 like you, but from the other way...lol
    I'm in that club as well! I'm planning on doing a rather large bulk this winter so maybe I can get close.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

20. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    Tell me if you notice any shedding. And you can look like whatever you work hard to do. I am trying to get to 200 like you, but from the other way...lol
    Haha! Thanks, man. It's been a long journey, but I totally agree. It's all up to what you're willing to do to get there. Not if, but when. To get as lean as I was at 189, but the muscle I have now, I'm betting that's my 200. So I know it's doable.

I wouldn't mind body hair shedding. The older I get, the more my razor has to work! To answer your question, I haven't had any shedding yet. Probably the only good gene I got was hair. MPB isn't an issue in my family. But I'm an open book, so you'll definitely see a post here if I do...

21. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I'm in that club as well! I'm planning on doing a rather large bulk this winter so maybe I can get close.
    Name:  65454299.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  111.6 KB

22. I have been 200 a couple of times in my life in almost the same shape I am in now. I NEED to get back. The wife was like "yeah you looked huge when we lived in Indiana" she didn't mean it in a mean way, but it is just one more coal on the fire....lol

23. NEED to come over and hit this bbq pulled pork !!!!
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    IRON LEGION REP HULK30 FOR 30%OFF
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by bighulksmash View Post
    NEED to come over and hit this bbq pulled pork !!!!
    You know I would if I could!

25. Yesterday was another solid diet day.

Took in 1258, burned 2828. Better be seeing the scale move when I weigh in Sunday!

I've been playing with different macros to see what happens, but overall shooting for 40/30/30. Had salmon and avocado tonight and it pushed me up to 30/30/40.

Overall, I've settled on a schedule that seems to be effective for my body. Turns out, it's awfully close to the warrior diet. It has been very helpful in keeping my intake low. And once I adjusted to the schedule, hunger hasn't been an issue. A typical day looks like this -

Morning
    Black coffee

12 pm
    PWO

1pm Workout
    BCAA supp

2:30pm Post Workout
    Protein shake

5pm
    Shakeology (blast of nutrients, balanced, low calories)
    Piece of fruit

7pm
    8-10oz protein
    Big mixed greens salad with some light dressing

9pm
    9 Cheddar cheese cubes (3oz)
    9 Slices of turkey
    Why 9? Because I'm OCD and it's 9pm
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 11:54 PM
  2. From FAT to PHAT, my journey so far...
    By gwls in forum Supplements
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
  4. Replies: 690
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
  5. From Keto to bulk - How does it look?
    By goldylight in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 03:10 PM