ryane87s ride to awesomeness

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright gentlemen. I am starting my workout log.

the basics: 36 y/o, married, father of 3 boys from ages 11, 10, and 6

I train 5 days a week on sub-optimal rest and time. I am trying to improve both of those things as I generally get 35-45 minutes each day

the split: Mondays quad focused, Tuesdays chest, Wednesdays back, Thursdays shoulders and tris, Fridays hamstring focused. I try and keep most of my work to compound movements and try to mix both strength and size into each session. I mix in rest-pause sets, drop sets, peak contraction holds, and pauses to try and up intensity

I am 6'2 with very long legs (@bighulksmash will like that), so I feel my legs are my biggest weak point, then chest. I haven't had time to do abs nor do I do cardio. (I am kind of a skinny btch lol)

I will post pics, maybe even noodz, if you are nice. In all seriousness I will be posting pics and welcome any and all criticism. I know I need more size and leanness, but any and all help would be appreciated!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
bighulksmash FireTitan SFreed HIT4ME hairygrandpa and anyone else

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Right quad flexed. The gym mirror lights were out this morning. So the lighting sucks and my phone also sucks. But it is a decent idea

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Left leg is 23 inches at the middle and right leg is about an 8th of an inch behind

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for da nudz!! I'm looking to cut about 10 pounds in the next 6 - 8 weeks, then I'll be up for a new program to catch up with you guys.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Left bicep flexed....sorry about the flash. From 2 days ago

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in! What is you main goal again? Bulking or cutting...looks like you are relatively lean from the definition in your quads

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In for da nudz!! I'm looking to cut about 10 pounds in the next 6 - 8 weeks, then I'll be up for a new program to catch up with you guys.
Glad to have you aboard and can't wait to see the progress!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I am in! What is you main goal again? Bulking or cutting...looks like you are relatively lean from the definition in your quads
Size....trying to get that size up...always.....haha

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, what does your diet look like?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Relaxed front pic from about 3 weeks ago...

I need an app for pics....between my camera and small pics, I am not putting forth my best self. Haha

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah, looks good. And you already look pretty lean, so you got a good start on it.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
DIET: I train first thing in the morning

Pre-workout "meal"- 1 scoop of whey, 8 oz of skim milk

Post-workout- 2 cups of skim milk, 1scoop whey, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, and 1.5 cups of oatmeal

Meal 3 and 4 are the same- 3/4 cup oatmeal, a little over 5 oz turkey burger

Meal 5- Fit Crunch bar

Meal 6- 1/2 cup oatmeal, a little over 5 oz turkey burger

Meal 7- 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons peanut butter

That is maintenance

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Macros: Fat 106 grams Carbs 284 Protein 268 for a total of 3162

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking pretty good to start man, can't wait to see where this log takes you.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I am adding in calories in general. If I can still see my abs when relaxed and I am putting visible weight on, I stay there until it stops. Then I will add more. About a 1/4 cup of oatmeal in my third meal for now until weight gain ceases. Then more cals

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Looking pretty good to start man, can't wait to see where this log takes you.
Thanks again for joining along. Please feel free to voice any suggestions as I go forward

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe a stupid question, but how are you fixing the oatmeal?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Maybe a stupid question, but how are you fixing the oatmeal?
Not a dumb question at all. After my workout I mix it all together. During the day with water. Just instant oatmeal

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sparkss join the good times!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 each and everyone of these guys has helped me along my path at one time or another .... blessed to have such good buddies ! come lets lit this ficker up FireTitan no pun intended :)

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

I need an app for pics....between my camera and small pics, I am not putting forth my best self. Haha
dude u got a hella fine frame!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
hell yeah cant wait to see this transformation !!! everyone scared to pin right ? yes you are . until you load that shıt up and alcohol swab the site then its a matter of seconds between pinning your first time . if your seriously thinking about it look up noah trt on YouTube guys genius

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I really want to wait until I am a bit closer to 40. The wife is cool as long as it doesn't make me too aggressive. I think I could control that, though haha

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I really want to wait until I am a bit closer to 40. The wife is cool as long as it doesn't make me too aggressive. I think I could control that, though haha
As long as your not a naturally angry/aggressive guy, then you should be alright. I have anger issues but learned how to control it at a young age so you wouldn't ever know nowadays. I noticed I get angry easy now while on-cycle but knowing how to control it and stop myself from snapping helps tremendously.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What the h3ll? 2 invites to this and I get no notifications!! I am in, and Im looking for the gainz! Just read through the entire thing, and youre killing it homie!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right quad flexed. The gym mirror lights were out this morning. So the lighting sucks and my phone also sucks. But it is a decent idea

Left bicep flexed....sorry about the flash. From 2 days ago

It was like a puzzle at first , but hell man, you have an awesome physique, don't hide!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 each and everyone of these guys has helped me along my path at one time or another .... blessed to have such good buddies ! come lets lit this ficker up FireTitan no pun intended :)
Thanks bro !

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dude I'm in. If I look like that at 36 I'll be happy. You're already killin it. When I post pics of myself I will set my phone down and record a video of my flexing. Then I'll just snap a shot from that video. That way I'm not taking a weird angled selfie or something. I always try and post my pics from the app too. If seems to be easiest when Posting from my phone. Just select the highest quality for your photos so they aren't itty bitty.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for tagging me in ryane87 and bighulksmash You have a great start/foundation there to build on ryane87, looking good already. Can't wait to see where this goes!!!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Thanks for tagging me in ryane87 and bighulksmash You have a great start/foundation there to build on ryane87, looking good already. Can't wait to see where this goes!!!
Of course

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah cant wait to see this transformation !!! everyone scared to pin right ? yes you are . until you load that shıt up and alcohol swab the site then its a matter of seconds between pinning your first time . if your seriously thinking about it look up noah trt on YouTube guys genius
Yea, I am a bit chicken sh*t to pin. That plus the pin stuff is a bit less on the legal side if you get caught with it. I work in an industry/company where if I get a conviction (for just about anything) I lose my job, no recourse.

My wife is neutral. She supports my working out and most of the time the $$ for supps, but that support is only up to a point. She keeps telling me "you look good enough already, you don't need anymore muscle". Then when I come out of the back room (home gym) pumped from a workout she will ohh-ahh and ask how I can make my body look like that all of the time LOL. I just say "by working out harder and eating more and making my resting body look like my "pumped" one does now". But I wonder how far she would take that support if I delved into anything more "non-mainstream" (I guess is the term I am looking for)

As long as your not a naturally angry/aggressive guy, then you should be alright. I have anger issues but learned how to control it at a young age so you wouldn't ever know nowadays. I noticed I get angry easy now while on-cycle but knowing how to control it and stop myself from snapping helps tremendously.
Ok, two points... you are 25, so when exactly where you "a young age" versus now? (That is not an attack, just my jealously at your age and physique showing through :)).

I used to have a bad temper. I still have that temper, I just, like you, have learned to manage and suppress it. Luckily I am like that expression "like aluminum, I heat up fast but also cool down really fast". I had one of those explosive tempers, but once the moment was past I was calm as a lamb (and usually feeling guilty for my previous outburst). I had it mostly under control by the the time our daughter was born. But she is what really cinched it for me. You have to have ultimate patience for children, and having her in our lives helped me isolate and control my temper. Most people that know me now think I am a pretty passive individual :). But I also read up on any PH I am considering, focusing on the aggression impacts (outside of the gym). I never want to go backwards, only forwards! :).

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 53 and would do it in a heartbeat if I knew I wasn't going to do any harm to myself down the road. My wife, on the other hand, would flip **** if she caught me. Some women have no sense of humor.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Glad we can all help and make a difference man. Little late, sorry been super busy with classes

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I will try and get at everyone else in a bit. This forum is amazing! But I am getting my boys ready for their friends b-day party. The weekends I try and make my families because of lack of time during the week. I really appreciate the good words and they definitely serve as motivation to keep driving

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
What the h3ll? 2 invites to this and I get no notifications!! I am in, and Im looking for the gainz! Just read through the entire thing, and youre killing it homie!!
Speaking of killing it man you were looking like a magnificent stallion in your update pics!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
It was like a puzzle at first , but hell man, you have an awesome physique, don't hide!
Gracias hg! From someone who knows like they know what they are doing I really appreciate it!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Dude I'm in. If I look like that at 36 I'll be happy. You're already killin it. When I post pics of myself I will set my phone down and record a video of my flexing. Then I'll just snap a shot from that video. That way I'm not taking a weird angled selfie or something. I always try and post my pics from the app too. If seems to be easiest when Posting from my phone. Just select the highest quality for your photos so they aren't itty bitty.
That is a good idea! Thanks for the good words! Just try not to quit. It getd harder to get back in it as you get older. I had to quit for about 7 or 8 months. I have been back for about 10 months and it feels like it is taking FOREVER to get my strength back haha

I know I may not get back to my previous best, but I am going to try. Having a family is a HUGE adjustment that I have been managing for a long time. I don't have near the time I want in the gym. Sometimes it can be a tad frustrating feeling like you are leaving stuff on the table. But in the end the most important thing is family

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sparkss I totally agree with your view point. That is why I will explore the andros before I pin. The temptation is hard to resist, though. But I do believe that @ 36 I still have a lot left. But yeah, the andros are what I am currently looking at

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 8
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 19
Nutrition / Health 11