ryane87s ride to awesomeness

Page 1 of 27 123 ... Last
  1. ryane87s ride to awesomeness

Alright gentlemen. I am starting my workout log.

the basics: 36 y/o, married, father of 3 boys from ages 11, 10, and 6

I train 5 days a week on sub-optimal rest and time. I am trying to improve both of those things as I generally get 35-45 minutes each day

the split: Mondays quad focused, Tuesdays chest, Wednesdays back, Thursdays shoulders and tris, Fridays hamstring focused. I try and keep most of my work to compound movements and try to mix both strength and size into each session. I mix in rest-pause sets, drop sets, peak contraction holds, and pauses to try and up intensity

I am 6'2 with very long legs (@bighulksmash will like that), so I feel my legs are my biggest weak point, then chest. I haven't had time to do abs nor do I do cardio. (I am kind of a skinny btch lol)

I will post pics, maybe even noodz, if you are nice. In all seriousness I will be posting pics and welcome any and all criticism. I know I need more size and leanness, but any and all help would be appreciated!

•   

2. Right quad flexed. The gym mirror lights were out this morning. So the lighting sucks and my phone also sucks. But it is a decent idea

3. Left leg is 23 inches at the middle and right leg is about an 8th of an inch behind

4. In for da nudz!! I'm looking to cut about 10 pounds in the next 6 - 8 weeks, then I'll be up for a new program to catch up with you guys.
    •   

5. Left bicep flexed....sorry about the flash. From 2 days ago

6. I am in! What is you main goal again? Bulking or cutting...looks like you are relatively lean from the definition in your quads

7. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    In for da nudz!! I'm looking to cut about 10 pounds in the next 6 - 8 weeks, then I'll be up for a new program to catch up with you guys.
    Glad to have you aboard and can't wait to see the progress!

8. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I am in! What is you main goal again? Bulking or cutting...looks like you are relatively lean from the definition in your quads
    Size....trying to get that size up...always.....haha

9. Nice, what does your diet look like?

10. Relaxed front pic from about 3 weeks ago...

I need an app for pics....between my camera and small pics, I am not putting forth my best self. Haha

11. Nah, looks good. And you already look pretty lean, so you got a good start on it.

12. DIET: I train first thing in the morning

Pre-workout "meal"- 1 scoop of whey, 8 oz of skim milk

Post-workout- 2 cups of skim milk, 1scoop whey, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, and 1.5 cups of oatmeal

Meal 3 and 4 are the same- 3/4 cup oatmeal, a little over 5 oz turkey burger

Meal 5- Fit Crunch bar

Meal 6- 1/2 cup oatmeal, a little over 5 oz turkey burger

Meal 7- 1 cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons peanut butter

That is maintenance

13. Macros: Fat 106 grams Carbs 284 Protein 268 for a total of 3162

14. Looking pretty good to start man, can't wait to see where this log takes you.

15. I am adding in calories in general. If I can still see my abs when relaxed and I am putting visible weight on, I stay there until it stops. Then I will add more. About a 1/4 cup of oatmeal in my third meal for now until weight gain ceases. Then more cals

16. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Nah, looks good. And you already look pretty lean, so you got a good start on it.
    Appreciate it homie!

17. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Looking pretty good to start man, can't wait to see where this log takes you.
    Thanks again for joining along. Please feel free to voice any suggestions as I go forward

18. Maybe a stupid question, but how are you fixing the oatmeal?

19. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but how are you fixing the oatmeal?
    Not a dumb question at all. After my workout I mix it all together. During the day with water. Just instant oatmeal

20. yeahjj buddy !!!
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    IRON LEGION REP HULK30 FOR 30%OFF
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

21. @Sparkss join the good times!

22. @Burnfire @Cjg @bighulksmash @thebigt @hairygrandpa @rtmilburn @FireTitan @alphagainz @Clean gene @ZOO @jramoska @SFreed @CJNator @HIT4ME @wesb2387 @Gutterpump @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Danes @SpicedCider @ryane87 @Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @Studhorse @blueline438 @vujade @Volvo140G @Chuck Diesel @Ag5000 @lifted67 each and everyone of these guys has helped me along my path at one time or another .... blessed to have such good buddies ! come lets lit this ficker up @FireTitan no pun intended
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

23. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    Relaxed front pic from about 3 weeks ago...

I need an app for pics....between my camera and small pics, I am not putting forth my best self. Haha
    dude u got a hella fine frame!
    GETDIESEL NUTRITION REP
    ALPHAGAINZ REP

24. Subbed brothas. Good luck
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 8 Weeks to Awesomeness
    By blondmuscle in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:24 PM
  2. Dangerdave's Girlfriend's quest to awesomness
    By DangerLace in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
  3. WW7 thread "time to start riding a bike" - where?
    By JonesersRX7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
  4. I'm going to ride the hurricane.
    By Harland in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 11:54 AM