6day on 1 off

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on a 6 day workout with 1 redt day. Routine: mon chest..tues back..wed shoulder..thur legs..fri bis..sat tris...sun off......great sleep, diet and supplementation. Natural and looking for gains. 34 5'10 183lbs?....i guess the question is, am i overtraining? Im seeing gains and getting stronger. Catching scrutiny a little, but the gym is a an enormous focal point of my life. Ideas?

Jhowe73

Jhowe73

Awards
I am also interested in what people have to say about this. I train everything twice a week so mon..chest and tris, tue...back bis, wed..legs shoulders abs and repeat with Sunday off. Sets of 3 or 4 with 8-10 reps 4/5 exercises per body part. Also worried about overtraining but rarely suffer from doms

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thoughts on a 6 day workout with 1 redt day. Routine: mon chest..tues back..wed shoulder..thur legs..fri bis..sat tris...sun off......great sleep, diet and supplementation. Natural and looking for gains. 34 5'10 183lbs?....i guess the question is, am i overtraining? Im seeing gains and getting stronger. Catching scrutiny a little, but the gym is a an enormous focal point of my life. Ideas?
Look into non-linear periodisation program rather than a 2003 bro workout routine, if you wanna make better gains naturally.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you're eating enough and work anything but an extremely physical job, overtraining is pretty much impossible.

You can't destroy your body in an hour or two a day unless you're in a huge caloric deficit or are missing a ton of key nutrients. Basically diet dependent.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I'd be afraid of a cortisol release from high volume of training. My workouts are so brutal, I can only train each muscle every 5th day and even that's pushing it. Plus I'm training for half marathon. Test for 21 days, measure, adjust, re-test another 21 days. Report findings.

JP10

JP10

Awards
The way you are training you wont overtrain your body, I am just wondering how you fill a whole day of biceps and a whole day of triceps lol. But I agree with what booneman77 said, just keep eating youll be fine.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
I train each bodypart around 45min..legs take a little longer..thats with a partner..im in the gyn unofficially training people throughout the day and i make it a point not to just go for round 2 while in there. With whats going on in my life i find extreme comfort in the gym atmosphere l.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I'd be afraid of a cortisol release from high volume of training. My workouts are so brutal, I can only train each muscle every 5th day and even that's pushing it. Plus I'm training for half marathon. Test for 21 days, measure, adjust, re-test another 21 days. Report findings.
I know what you are saying! Anytime I work in intense cardio, and still maintain my lifting, I get wiped out. I love both, but I know my body cannot handle both all the time. I tend to keep my endurance rides at 1 or 2 per week. Anything above that, and I feel like crap.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I am also interested in what people have to say about this. I train everything twice a week so mon..chest and tris, tue...back bis, wed..legs shoulders abs and repeat with Sunday off. Sets of 3 or 4 with 8-10 reps 4/5 exercises per body part. Also worried about overtraining but rarely suffer from doms
This is what I do mostly and love it. Ill do 2 or 3 months on this and then a month or 6 weeks on chest/back, arms and shoulders, and legs. I never have a problem and am always gaining. Strength, size, knowledge in training, you name it. Like said above though, definitely need to EAT while doing this. Its pretty hard to overtrain the human body, IMO. Were capable of a lot of output with positive reward. Again, just my opinion/personal say.