3 Weeks Out - Twice a day training - Daily Log

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
This will probably be a daily updated log, if I forget a day I will try add in what I've done when I post again.

I'm 3 weeks out from my comp, and have decided I need to get my conditioning going for me. This style of training is new to me, but I do believe I'll be able to fight through it for these next 2-3 weeks and be in the best shape I've been.

I'll start with yesterday's log:

Monday:
Pull day (Back, Rear delts, biceps)

Morning Training:

Warm up:
Behind the head bodyweight pull ups - 2 Sets x 12 Reps

Deadlifts with shrugs:
100kg: 1 x 8 Reps (3 shrugs at the top of each deadlift)
120kg: 4 x 6 Reps (3 shrugs at the top of each deadlift)
Comment: Probably going to have to focus a bit more on technique and form with regards to this method, after training I felt very "tight" on the shoulders and traps which I believe was from possibly doing the shrugs with poor form.

Bent over single arm Dumbbell Rows:
50kg: 5 x 6 Reps
Comment: I could manage to easily do 5 sets of 8 reps, but didn't want to completely demolish my lats before pulldowns, not to mention training them later in the day as well.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs:
85kg: 1 x 8
90kg: 4 x 8
Comment: No comment, nothing special, just lat pulldowns with a second pause on concentric contraction.

Vertical Machine Rows:
80kg: 1 x 8
100kg: 3 x 6
Comment: Wasn't really supposed to do these, but felt I needed to work a bit more direct on the rear delts since they're a weak point.

Afternoon/Evening Training:
In the second session, I drop the ego and drop the weight. I focus strictly on form, technique and very slow tempo of up to 8 second concentric and/or eccentric movements. I make sure to feel the worked muscle at all times throughout the movement. Generally this session would be high volume, very short rest periods and involves super-sets, drop sets and/or clusters.

Medium Grip Lat Pulldown:
50kg: 1 x 12 Reps
2 x 15 Reps
Comment: Trying really to let the lats stretch out, with pauses so that I'm ready for the session ahead.

Seated Machine lat Rows:
20kg: 2 x 15 Reps
Comment: Nothing special here.

Close gripped T-bar rows:
20kg: 3 x 15 Reps
Comment: Going through these sets I wasn't sure if I was feeling up for the rest of the session. I just hate the feeling of T-bar rows, so I guess it was me trying to b!tch out. I finished and moved onto the next exercise.

Lying lateral raises:
5kg: 3 x 12 Reps
Comment: Didn't really focus on tempo here, I always get bored doing these isolated movements with a slowed tempo.

45 degree Lying reverse Flyes:
5kg: 3 x 12 Reps
Comment: Tried pausing for a second on the contraction, to try squeeze the traps.

Lat pushdown (with rope):
15kg: 2 x 15 Reps
Comment: Slow, controlled, wasn't feeling this movement too nicely so decided to move over to Barbell pullovers to stretch the lats a bit more.

Barbell Pullovers:
20kg: 2 x 15 Reps
Comment: Nothing special. Did the job.

(Slightly) Bent over dumbbell Lateral raises:
5kg: 3 x 15 Reps
Super set with: Plate Shrugs:
20kg: 3 x 20 Reps
Comments: At this point I was really depleted as far as back and shoulders go. But I was excited to give my biceps a bit of a burn.

Incline Dumbbell curls:
12.5kg: 2 x 12 Reps
Comments: no comment

Wide Grip barbell curl:
20kg: 2 x 15
Comment: none.

Close Grip EZ bar curls:
25kg: 3 x 12
Comment: I personally like these a lot, because ever since I've been focusing on growing my pathetic arms, I've found these really hit the sweet spot for me and give me the pump and stretch where I can't get it from any other movement. (Advice on this? Other movements?)

Reverse Grip EZ Bar 21's:
20kg: 3 x 7-7-7 Reps
Comment: Focused on contraction at the top of the movement and about a 3 second release tempo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------