Donna trains hard and seriously...

Donna

Donna

Awards
New female member..

Age 20

Training... Serious for 20 months... I trained basketball from age 12 to age 17...

Height 5' 11"=182 cm

Weight 183 lbs=83 kgs

I have started a new journey to become as much bigger and stronger. I have been lucky enough to be born with freaky genetics and I have the passion, determination and now, the support to take my body to my genetic limit. I have no idea what that will be but I fully intend to find out!
When I was little, I used to think everyone who had big muscles also had enormous strength and, while it is true that making a muscle grow will usually make it stronger, it is also possible for a smaller person to be considerably stronger than a much more muscular person.
My ultimate goal and my training methods are to build size AND strength in proportion. If anything, I want to be even stronger than I look. If I can build my arms beyond 18 inches, I will, and I am pretty confident I can!! By that time, I want to be repping 135 lbs for sets of 12 on barbell curls and incline benching 400 lbs raw. I want freaky strength and freaky muscles!!!!!

Todays training... 21.05 2016.

I train 3 days in row one day off. First day I train chest and triceps, second legs and shoulders, and third I train back and biceps. Calves 4 times per week, abdomen also 4 time per week. I train as heavy as possible, set is not set for me if I dont push weights with 100%. I use forced reps, drop sets... I try to train with free weights as much as possible, but I train also with machine.When I am in bulking phase (like now) I tried to eat 6 meals per day and between 3000 and 2500 calories per day

Today training for chest and triceps...
I always train between 7 am and 8 am, before job, during morning

Warm up: 10 minutes stacionary bike

Bench press, after 2 warm up sets
145 lbs, 9 reps
155 lbs 4 reps
155 lbs 3 reps+1 forced
145 lbs 6 reps+2 forced

Incline dumbell press, 2x45 lbs
10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps+1 forced, 6 reps+2 forced,+without break 2x30 lbs, 5 reps+1 forced.

Peck deck machine, 100 lbs: 9 reps, 7+1 forced, 6 +1 forced, 5 reps+without break 80 lbs 6 reps*without break 50 lbs, 9 reps+1 forced

Triceps: Dips with additional 12 lbs, 10, 9, 8, 8 reps
Lying triceps extension with EZ bar, 85 lbs-10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps+1 forced, 6+1

Abdominals: Crounch 4 sets between 30 and 25 reps per set.

Impressions: Good training for chest, I have pain after training. Triceps, I worked dips after long break, and I am little bit disapointed, but.

Progress from middle of April 2016(bellow, I am 182 lbs) to middle of May (above I am 184 lbs)...

1905.jpg

Progress from July 2015 (I was 170 lbs) to May 2016 (184 lbs)

19051.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, nice numbers here!
Your bench -and weighted dips are impressive, good work!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Strong numbers for sure. Great stuff and you have some good size on you!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
New female member..

Age 20

Training... Serious for 20 months... I trained basketball from age 12 to age 17...

Height 5' 11"=182 cm

Weight 183 lbs=83 kgs

I have started a new journey to become as much bigger and stronger. I have been lucky enough to be born with freaky genetics and I have the passion, determination and now, the support to take my body to my genetic limit. I have no idea what that will be but I fully intend to find out!
When I was little, I used to think everyone who had big muscles also had enormous strength and, while it is true that making a muscle grow will usually make it stronger, it is also possible for a smaller person to be considerably stronger than a much more muscular person.
My ultimate goal and my training methods are to build size AND strength in proportion. If anything, I want to be even stronger than I look. If I can build my arms beyond 18 inches, I will, and I am pretty confident I can!! By that time, I want to be repping 135 lbs for sets of 12 on barbell curls and incline benching 400 lbs raw. I want freaky strength and freaky muscles!!!!!

Todays training...

I train 3 days in row one day off. First day I train chest and triceps, second legs and shoulders, and third I train back and biceps. Calves 4 times per week, abdomen also 4 time per week. I train as heavy as possible, set is not set for me if I dont push weights with 100%. I use forced reps, drop sets... I try to train with free weights as much as possible, but I train also with machine.When I am in bulking phase (like now) I tried to eat 6 meals per day and between 3000 and 2500 calories per day

Today training for chest and triceps...
I always train between 7 am and 8 am, before job, during morning

Warm up: 10 minutes stacionary bike

Bench press, after 2 warm up sets
145 lbs, 9 reps
155 lbs 4 reps
155 lbs 3 reps+1 forced
145 lbs 6 reps+2 forced

Incline dumbell press, 2x45 lbs
10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps+1 forced, 6 reps+2 forced,+without break 2x30 lbs, 5 reps+1 forced.

Peck deck machine, 100 lbs: 9 reps, 7+1 forced, 6 +1 forced, 5 reps+without break 80 lbs 6 reps*without break 50 lbs, 9 reps+1 forced

Triceps: Dips with additional 12 lbs, 10, 9, 8, 8 reps
Lying triceps extension with EZ bar, 85 lbs-10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps+1 forced, 6+1

Abdominals: Crounch 4 sets between 30 and 25 reps per set.

Impressions: Good training for chest, I have pain after training. Triceps, I worked dips after long break, and I am little bit disapointed, but.

Progress from middle of April 2016(bellow, I am 182 lbs) to middle of May (above I am 184 lbs)...

View attachment 135788

Progress from July 2015 (I was 170 lbs) to May 2016 (184 lbs)

View attachment 135789
You looked great already in April, so the 4 lbs increase between April and May is not visible. But the changes from July '15 to May are impressive. Nothing freaky about your physique, everything looks well balanced.
But if I have to totally honest, I'm quite jealous of those beautiful, rounded shoulder caps.

Donna

Donna

Awards
22nd of May Day to train legs, shoulders, and calves.

Today training inspiration Brian Buchanan, maybe most handsome, sexiest and most well developed male bodybuilder in history

AinhDOcoxjOofjcU99nJkjIXi5Rm1PEkVMkhboMTrjk.jpg

Before training weight machine showed 184lbs/83,5 kgs lbs, 1 lb more than yesterday (have to correct my weight at my profile:food:). For warming up I did eliptical for 10 minutes.

Legs (each exercise four sets)

Squat (after 2 warm up sets), 200 lbs/90 kgs, 4 sets 9, 7, 6, 5 reps (personal record on reps; Next time I will try squat with 100 kgs/225 lbs
Leg press, 5 plates on each side=450 lbs/200kgs,( sets) 8 reps, 7, 7, 6 reps+without break 450 lbs 4 reps+ without break 360 lbs 4 reps (dropped set)
Leg extension 150 lbs, 10, 8, 7, +last drop set (15, 100, 50 lbs, 6,6,4 reps)

Shoulders:

Dumbell press: 2x 40 lbs/18 kgs dumbells, 7,6+1, 5, 4+1 reps (very close to my personal best)
Press on machine: 125 lbs: 11, 10, 8+1, 7+1 reps
Laterall dumbell raises 2x22 lbs, 10, 8, 7 reps +1 forced, 6 reps+1 forced

Calves

seated calf raises: 150 lbs/70 kgs: 12, 11, 11, 10 reps (personal best)

Opinion about training: I am satisfied with squat , my legs are sore after training. shoulders quiet good I loosed training speed during machine press on shoulders... Tomorrow will be time for back and biceps...

Donna

Donna

Awards
You looked great already in April, so the 4 lbs increase between April and May is not visible. But the changes from July '15 to May are impressive. Nothing freaky about your physique, everything looks well balanced.
But if I have to totally honest, I'm quite jealous of those beautiful, rounded shoulder caps.
Not 4 lbs, only 2...

Thank You so much... I am proud on my progress, specially I get 1,5" inch at my neck between July 2015 and May 2016... And earn 14 lbs more (hope most of them are muscle)

Thanks on compliment for my shoulders... I will not be satisfied with them until they will look like cannonballs...

Strong numbers for sure. Great stuff and you have some good size on you!
Thanks so much Sparks... I will try to increase my size and strength...

Wow, nice numbers here!
Your bench -and weighted dips are impressive, good work!
Its not easy to work dips with 184 lbs (my weight)... But that is best exercise for triceps...

Will try to increase my bench... till summer and diet try to push 180 lbs...

Thanks for comment

Donna

Donna

Awards
After trainig few headstands... Maybe because of that my neck grow so fast...

[video=youtube;aUj23LdJd84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUj23LdJd84[/video]

Donna

Donna

Awards
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squat and pressing numbers are awesome.

Donna

Donna

Awards
Squat and pressing numbers are awesome.
Thanks... Try to increase my strength numbers...

Bench press 180 lbs for summer...

Front squat 200 lbs for summer..

Squat 245 lbs for summer...

Try to reach 190 lbs on weight machine...

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Looking good in here Donna, great progress so far with much more likely to come!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
very impressive, DONNA!!!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
After trainig few headstands... Maybe because of that my neck grow so fast...

[video=youtube;aUj23LdJd84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUj23LdJd84[/video]
Jeezus! Very impressed. Handstand pushups next. :thumbsup:

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Donna! Great numbers, and that video... wow. In to see you hit those summer numbers!!!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established

Today training inspiration Brian Buchanan, maybe most handsome, sexiest and most well developed male bodybuilder in history

View attachment 135796

Before training weight machine showed 184lbs/83,5 kgs lbs, 1 lb more than yesterday (have to correct my weight at my profile:food:). For warming up I did eliptical for 10 minutes.

Legs (each exercise four sets)

Squat (after 2 warm up sets), 200 lbs/90 kgs, 4 sets 9, 7, 6, 5 reps (personal record on reps; Next time I will try squat with 100 kgs/225 lbs
Leg press, 5 plates on each side=450 lbs/200kgs,( sets) 8 reps, 7, 7, 6 reps+without break 450 lbs 4 reps+ without break 360 lbs 4 reps (dropped set)
Leg extension 150 lbs, 10, 8, 7, +last drop set (15, 100, 50 lbs, 6,6,4 reps)

Shoulders:

Dumbell press: 2x 40 lbs/18 kgs dumbells, 7,6+1, 5, 4+1 reps (very close to my personal best)
Press on machine: 125 lbs: 11, 10, 8+1, 7+1 reps
Laterall dumbell raises 2x22 lbs, 10, 8, 7 reps +1 forced, 6 reps+1 forced

Calves

seated calf raises: 150 lbs/70 kgs: 12, 11, 11, 10 reps (personal best)

Opinion about training: I am satisfied with squat , my legs are sore after training. shoulders quiet good I loosed training speed during machine press on shoulders... Tomorrow will be time for back and biceps...
Great level of strength, :)

In for progress.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
look like DONNA is a win win!!!:beerchug:

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Subbed great intensity and impressive numbers. I have little doubt that you will hit your goals and whatever else you put your mind to! Along for the ride to witness the glory!

Donna

Donna

Awards
23 of May Half past six during morning... Gym is like drug for me... I am at gym... Preparing for beginning to train back and biceps.... I am impatient to see progress in the dead lift and rowing in comparison with the last workout for the back... Will post my today routine and numbers soon

Today workout inspiration Rich Gaspari, Mr vascular...

richgaspari10.jpg

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
23 of May Half past six during morning... Gym is like drug for me... I am at gym... Preparing for beginning to train back and biceps.... I am impatient to see progress in the dead lift and rowing in comparison with the last workout for the back... Will post my today routine and numbers soon

Today workout inspiration Rich Gaspari

View attachment 135813
What about this one for leg day.

Tom Platz, The Golden Eagle..jpg

Donna

Donna

Awards
23rd of May..

Warmed up 10 minutes stacionary bike.

Today time for back and biceps

Back:

(No deadlifting I will do that next time)

Pull ups: 9 (Not so easy to do them with 184 lbs), 8, 8, 6 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown, 180 lbs: 12 reps, 11, 10 ,9 (there was nobody in gym nobody can help me with forced reps)
Seated cable row, 155 lbs: 10, 8, 7, 6, no forced reps
One arm dumbbell row 100 lbs, 10, 8, 7, 6 reps with each arm (next time will test 110 lbs dumbell)

Biceps
Dumbell curls

40 lbs dumbbells
5 reps with each arm, 4 reps with each arm (TIt was to heavy, It was neccsery to reduce dumbbell in next sets)
35 lbs dumbbells 8,7 reps with each arm

EZ standing curl, 80 lbs: 9,8,8,7 reps (my biceps was so sore)

Abs: 4 sets of crounch,
4 sets of hanging leg raises

Comments about training: Nobody helped me with forced reps, and training is not so intensive. I tried to put in every set 100%, but...

Next time during back training I will try with deadlifting. Tomorrow is day for chest and triceps. Thanks for any comments, critique and suggestions there.

May, but it was so cold in 6 AM there...Few pics took after training and showering in locker room..

af.jpg

Tomorrow... rest day...

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
23rd of May..

Warmed up 10 minutes stacionary bike.

Today time for back and biceps

Back:

(No deadlifting I will do that next time)

Pull ups: 9 (Not so easy to do them with 184 lbs), 8, 8, 6 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown, 180 lbs: 12 reps, 11, 10 ,9 (there was nobody in gym nobody can help me with forced reps)
Seated cable row, 155 lbs: 10, 8, 7, 6, no forced reps
One arm dumbbell row 100 lbs, 10, 8, 7, 6 reps with each arm (next time will test 110 lbs dumbell)

Biceps
Dumbell curls

40 lbs dumbbells
5 reps with each arm, 4 reps with each arm (TIt was to heavy, It was neccsery to reduce dumbbell in next sets)
35 lbs dumbbells 8,7 reps with each arm

EZ standing curl, 80 lbs: 9,8,8,7 reps (my biceps was so sore)

Abs: 4 sets of crounch,
4 sets of hanging leg raises

Comments about training: nobody can help me with forced reps, and training is not so intensive. I tried to put in every set 100%, but... Next time during back training I will try with deadlifting. Tomorrow is day for chest and triceps. Thanks for any comments, critique and suggestions there.

May, but it was so cold in 6 AM there...Few pics took after training and showering in locker room..

View attachment 135816

Tomorrow is rest day...
Great numbers for workout, your strength is amazing :You_Rock_Emoticon:

:)

Donna

Donna

Awards
Looking good in here Donna, great progress so far with much more likely to come!
Thank You so much Bam Bam... I am convinced that I will make progress... Specially with that support...

very impressive, DONNA!!!
Thank You so much... Hope will be more impressive...

Hey Donna! Great numbers, and that video... wow. In to see you hit those summer numbers!!!
We would see... I hope to take them before diet...

JACK PALANCE
????? Dont understand... Jack Palance was famous American singer and actor...

Great level of strength, :)
In for progress.
Thank You so much Paul... Will be stronger...

Great numbers and physique! Subd!
Thanks so much... Numbers will be increased soon I hope...

look like DONNA is a win win!!!:beerchug:
:dance:

Subbed great intensity and impressive numbers. I have little doubt that you will hit your goals and whatever else you put your mind to! Along for the ride to witness the glory!
Thanks so much... I hope hit the goals before that time which I wrote

Donna

Donna

Awards
Jeezus! Very impressed. Handstand pushups next. :thumbsup:
Thanks so much... Like to do tham...

Handstand pushups?... Not so easy to do them with 184 lbs... I have to be sure first at my handstand
ssq.jpg

But hope to do handstand pushups soon...

Donna

Donna

Awards
Great numbers for workout, your strength is amazing :You_Rock_Emoticon:

:)
Thanks Paul... I will try to post some videos of my lifts during that week... And thanks... Tom Platz had best legs in world of bodybuilding during end of 70s and beggining of 80s... Also like buts from Tim Benklap...

Like to be strong and big... Never want to look like two year ago (I was between 155-157, 5 11" at that pic) which have been taken before I decided to be bigger and stronger
uh.jpg

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Subbed!! Awesome progress so far, you are looking amazing and workouts are killer!!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Donna what supps are you taking? Great work by the way

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 135796
Excellent Strength. The guy you posted kind of reminded me of Sergio Oliva's physique.

View attachment 135816

Tomorrow... rest day...
Strong and Pretty, combination is hard to beat! :)

100lb DB rows is beast mode!!!

bradray5871

Awards
Thanks Paul... I will try to post some videos of my lifts during that week... And thanks... Tom Platz had best legs in world of bodybuilding during end of 70s and beggining of 80s... Also like buts from Tim Benklap...

Like to be strong and big... Never want to look like two year ago (I was between 155-157, 5 11" at that pic) which have been taken before I decided to be bigger and stronger View attachment 135818
I was wondering where the pic with blonde hair came from.

Donna

Donna

Awards
In to follow along!
Thanks so much... Hope to have great time there...

Great progress Donna!!! Great work!
Thanks... I hope to make more progress

Subbed!! Awesome progress so far, you are looking amazing and workouts are killer!!
Thanks so much...You are able to critique them

Donna what supps are you taking? Great work by the way
Thanks... Long story, maybe photo from my room will give bet answer
Look at the bottom of post.....

6 meals per day+7th meal when I eat during night (I get up at 2 AM each night)... Generally that is around 4000-4100 calories per day/between 380-400 grams of protein during working days (gym days).. During rest day I decrease calories for 10%

Excellent Strength. The guy you posted kind of reminded me of Sergio Oliva's physique.

Strong and Pretty, combination is hard to beat! :)

100lb DB rows is beast mode!!!
Thanks

Rich Gaspari remid You on myth Sergio?

As I wrote next time I will try 110 dummbell row. Hope to be stronger soon...

I was wondering where the pic with blonde hair came from.
Thanks

Lake 100 kms far from my hometown... Taken 2 years ago... Dont like to be skinny again

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks so much... Hope to have great time there...

Thanks

Rich Gaspari remid You on myth Sergio?

As I wrote next time I will try 110 dummbell row. Hope to be stronger soon...
No this picture. Tiny waist massive wide shoulders and a ridiculous V taper.

Gaspari and Sergio would be quite a contrasting comparison. :)

Donna

Donna

Awards
No this picture. Tiny waist massive wide shoulders and a ridiculous V taper.

)
I think nobody from history of bodybuilding have bigger amount of difference between extent of chest and extent of waist... Brian is (was) so perfect and so sexy from my point of view.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang!

Her weights for the back workout are putting me (and I bet some others here) to shame!
Pull ups: at 184 lbs 9,8, 8, 6 reps
One armed DB row 100lbs x 10, 8, 7, 6
and the list goes on....

Those are awesome numbers, Donna!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Dang!

Her weights for the back workout are putting me (and I bet some others here) to shame!
and the list goes on....

ditto on both counts. Awesome numbers (and also hiding my shame in the corner, call me when it's safe to come out :)).

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome work Donna! Would love to follow your journey!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

Handstand pushups?... Not so easy to do them with 184 lbs... I have to be sure first at my handstand View attachment 135817

that is impressive, concentration, core strength as well as upper body to hold that pose, absolutely impressive D

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
that is impressive, concentration, core strength as well as upper body to hold that pose, absolutely impressive D
I found myself holding my breath when I first saw that handstand photo. As if subconsciously I was trying to help you balance, or hold the balance myself. As Smith said, incredible core strength and concentration to hold that pose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was an interesting pose to say the least. Is that something from Yoga?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

Handstand pushups?... Not so easy to do them with 184 lbs... I have to be sure first at my handstand View attachment 135817

It's not easy no matter how much you weigh, but you will get there.

If I may make a comment, from your position in the picture, you are putting a lot of stress backwards on your shoulders, which is not good. To reduce that stress, move your hands closer to the wall, which will help keep your body in-line and vertically stacked over the shoulders.
Alternatively, you can do handstands facing the wall, which shifts the stress on your shoulders forward. This will actually distribute some of the work from your shoulders to your pecs, so it gives your shoulders some support. Then slowly move your hands closer to the wall increasing the weight on your shoulders.
This is like when you do shoulder press, you want to press straight up to minimize stress on the shoulders.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

If I may make a comment, from your position in the picture, you are putting a lot of stress backwards on your shoulders, which is not good. To reduce that stress, move your hands closer to the wall, which will help keep your body in-line and vertically stacked over the shoulders.
Alternatively, you can do handstands facing the wall, which shifts the stress on your shoulders forward. This will actually distribute some of the work from your shoulders to your pecs, so it gives your shoulders some support. Then slowly move your hands closer to the wall increasing the weight on your shoulders.
This is like when you do shoulder press, you want to press straight up to minimize stress on the shoulders.
Her positioning looked intentional and like something I have seen them do to my daughter at gymnastics. Opens up the shoulders more. Curious though, if a normal handstand was the goal then your observations are spot on.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Her positioning looked intentional and like something I have seen them do to my daughter at gymnastics. Opens up the shoulders more. Curious though, if a normal handstand was the goal then your observations are spot on.
Yeah, but when you're young your body heals fast and it's still changing. Plus when women grow up, their weight distribution changes, which puts their upper body at more of a disadvantage. Men have the advantage that the weight distribution favors the upper body, so in proportion, we have less to push up. There is a reason why women gymnasts are done competing by the age of 19-20.

Donna

Donna

Awards
Are you in the USA,
Not... I am over Atlentic...

Dang!

and the list goes on....

Thanks... I was crazy yesterday... Also suprised myself with dummbell row...

ditto on both counts. Awesome numbers (and also hiding my shame in the corner, call me when it's safe to come out :)).
Why to come out... Work together on our progress...

Awesome work Donna! Would love to follow your journey!
Thanks so much...

Donna

Donna

Awards
Thanks... Photo was taken 3 months ago...

I found myself holding my breath when I first saw that handstand photo. As if subconsciously I was trying to help you balance, or hold the balance myself. As Smith said, incredible core strength and concentration to hold that pose.
Thanks...

It was an interesting pose to say the least. Is that something from Yoga?
I tried that pose first at Yoga... Thanks...

Thanks...

Donna

Donna

Awards
Today 24th of May is rest day... Dont go to gym The day is complete without exercise, so I am done a couple of strands on the head (when more here discussing the stands) at home...

ddf.jpg

Tomorrow's training for chest and triceps ... I'll try to set the record in press with barbell and dumbbells