B Kirks Cutting Log

Brandon25

Awards
Hi guys, I decided to start a log for my cutting before i hit the beach June 4. Been on all pro's intermediate program but now I'm swapping to Craig Capurso's 30 day out to cut from 13%bf down to about 10%. I'm currently 24 5'11 and weigh roughly 174. Gonna eat 1900 cal per day with 220g protein 150g carbs and the remainder fat. Program runs 30 days, and I'm also adding in 4min HIIT before and after the workout with a 10min low intensity cardio at the very end. Gonna add ab work 3x a week also. Only supps I'll be taking is prelim (pwo) whey protein and possibly HMB Day 1 starts Monday.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in on this. I've been doing the workouts from 30 days out since January and been getting good results. I do the program, take a week off, then start again. Just started my 3rd time on it this morning. Glad to see somebody else taking it on!

Brandon25

Awards
I'm in on this. I've been doing the workouts from 30 days out since January and been getting good results. I do the program, take a week off, then start again. Just started my 3rd time on it this morning. Glad to see somebody else taking it on!
Hit my calorie goal for Day 1 of 1900 with 220 Protein 150 carb and remainder fat.
Workout went good. Through in 5 min high intensity before the workout and did abs afterwards. Did not do the low intensity stuff that was listed. I prefer shorter period of high intensity.

Day 2 went pretty much the same. Hit a PR on deadlift of 350. Coulda done more it was my last rep of my last set on the first exercise which was 10 sets of 3.

About to order some HMB and start supplementing with it. Also gonna get my BF percentage taken tomorrow. I think I'm between 11-13. Was 13.9 last time it was taken a couple months back. But my abs have always been visible so I'm not sure how accurate the reading was. I hope to get to at least 10 percent bf by June 1. Also when i weighed myself yesterday i was 172. Gonna weigh tomorrow just to make sure the reading was correct. Not really wanting to lose to much weight. Hopefully the HMB will help with retaining muscle while eating in a deficit.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have a lot of experience with HMB so I decided to try it out last month. I was cutting pretty strictly (9lb loss in 30 days) and didn't lose any muscle mass that I can tell. I'm going to continue it at 3 grams a day althoug some people say it does wonders at 5-6. If you're interested in picking some up here's a full 90 grams!
https://millenniumsport.net/products/hmb/

Use the promo code RJA for 50% off anything from our store!

Brandon25

Awards
I don't have a lot of experience with HMB so I decided to try it out last month. I was cutting pretty strictly (9lb loss in 30 days) and didn't lose any muscle mass that I can tell. I'm going to continue it at 3 grams a day althoug some people say it does wonders at 5-6. If you're interested in picking some up here's a full 90 grams!

Sounds good. Keep me updated on how it's working for you. Losing 9lb in a month seems like a significant portion of that would be muscle under regular circumstances. I was thinkin around 4lbs a month to minimize loss. I'm not really trying to lose weight just lower bf to finish cutting.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. Keep me updated on how it's working for you. Losing 9lb in a month seems like a significant portion of that would be muscle under regular circumstances. I was thinkin around 4lbs a month to minimize loss. I'm not really trying to lose weight just lower bf to finish cutting.
i will. I was logging for Controlled Labs and wanted to really test their new fat burner out. I figured I could use some help with the lowered calories. I'm back on the slow cut/recomp train now ;)

Brandon25

Awards
Update: Days 3 and 4 Went well. Had arms/ab/calves on Wednesday and Legs on Thursday. Today will be shoulder day and I'm going to add some ab work. Diet is still steady at 1900 cal. Weight still roughly 172. (Expecting 171ish by next Monday). Going grocery shopping today so it'll be easier to keep the diet on track.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are things going up in here?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 24
Supplements 27
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1