Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Page 1 of 16 123 ... Last
  1. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Decided to let my old log die and because I had to back out of my upcoming meet due to re-aggravating my pre existing back injury.

This will be my go-to log. It'll include everything from training, food, progress pics, caloric intake (increases & deficits) and all things fitness

Right now, I'm working around my injury. So, my deadlift days are either EMOMS belt less or rotational deadlifts. Obviously with conservative amount of weight.

Example- today:

EMOM dead w/belt ~ 6min 6reps per "set"
    225x6x6 =8100 lb moved

* goal here will be to purely beat lb move each dead lift session. Whether it's adding another minute/set or reps.

3-board bench [email protected]
    275x4 @9 (easy)
    [email protected] (2ct pauses)

Goblet squat x6-10
    80x10x3

Still using RTS where I can.

Current Bodyweight is 150lb

Current supplements (brace yourselves )
    Endosurge ( another four weeks and I'll stop)
    Sustain alpha (have a week and a half left maybe)
    Creamax xt (pre workout w/200mg caffeine)
    ArA 1.5g pre workout only (have 40ish days left, just started)
    Choline bitartrate 1g
    Rhodiola 500mg
    Ashwaghanda 1.5g daily
    Bacopa 275mg daily
    Fish oil
    Multi (will be health IQ shortly, when my alive runs out) s/o to @Sean1332 btw
    Cissus 1.5g daily
    Melatonin 3g nightly with chamomile tea

My rhodiola, ash, bacopa and choline are takin in the morning. These are staples as well as the creamax xt (will rotate with green mag as well).

Anyway. Feel free to join, discuss, harass and give advice.

Thanks ahead of time guise!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

2. Minute amount of stiffness this morning. Will knock out a glute/ham stretch before work.
    •   

3. Your supplements list is huge. I hope you can work around and through your injury to a full recovery.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Pharma Companies: APS Nutrition, ALRIndustries, LG Sciences, Formutech Nutrition, Iforce Nutrition (MARK25), Innovative Labs

4. Quote Originally Posted by MARK_ View Post
    Your supplements list is huge. I hope you can work around and through your injury to a full recovery.
    You think so?

It's adaptogens (I buy bulk powder and cap myself)

Pre workout w/creatine

Joint supplement

^^ those are staples that will always be in my list. The ones I rotate (8 week cycles, 8 on 8 off) are the test boosters and ArA

5. Damn! Back at it again with the new log!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Damn! Back at it again with the new log!

Opinion on rotational deads as a substitute (and to help with rigidness) for conventional ~ heavy deads? Main goal is recovery/health and longevity to one day do another competition

7. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    You think so?

It's adaptogens (I buy bulk powder and cap myself)

Pre workout w/creatine

Joint supplement

^^ those are staples that will always be in my list. The ones I rotate (8 week cycles, 8 on 8 off) are the test boosters and ArA
    Just look like a lot the way it's listed.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Pharma Companies: APS Nutrition, ALRIndustries, LG Sciences, Formutech Nutrition, Iforce Nutrition (MARK25), Innovative Labs

8. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post

Opinion on rotational deads as a substitute (and to help with rigidness) for conventional ~ heavy deads? Main goal is recovery/health and longevity to one day do another competition
    I like them, I know they have a place in the assistance rotation at Donnie's gym. They use 150# KB, I use 100#. We all have healthy backs, though.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

9. I wouldn't do them personally.

Not sure they are inherently dangerous, but I'm not willing to find out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I wouldn't do them personally.

Not sure they are inherently dangerous, but I'm not willing to find out.
    I used a 95lb today. Bar + 25lb bumper plates.

Suggestions? Saturday's are my assistance pull days with GPP work.
  11. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Friday

Tempo squats
    [email protected]://instagram.com/p/BD_R77lAg5t/
    260x3x4

Feet up bench [email protected]
    [email protected]
    220x3x3

Seated BB OHP [email protected]
    [email protected]

Also, cheat meal last night.

Annnndddd, I'm starting carb night today .Next 10 days will blow
    Last edited by tyga tyga; 04-09-2016 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Edited video in

12. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    I used a 95lb today. Bar + 25lb bumper plates.

Suggestions? Saturday's are my assistance pull days with GPP work.
    I personally do not deadlift often, only once a week and typically it's speed/CAT work.

Once a month I'll pull heavy, usually a single during Intensification phases because reps are where you see most injuries occur.

Probably the only real deadlift I'd do as assistance is an RDL because I could ensure the back stays in a good position and it will also allow you to start working your ROM down as the hammies and back loosen up.

13. I didn't talk at length with Sean about it, but that's what I mentioned in a DM to him.

He threw some ideas at me as well.

More than likely I'll remove actual pulling from Saturday and substitute in RDL, GHR.

Btw, I suggest watching 11.22.63 and the path on Hulu. Excellent shows. Has quite a bit of language in both and some nudity (boobs ~ so far) in the path.

14. Yeah, that's just how I work my training.

I don't know much about the RTS training besides what I've seen people do and it seems pretty comp specific (and high frequency) so I don't know if that works for your training philosophies.

But, for me, I would rather build my deadlift with relatively safe exercises (squats, GMs, RDL) and just minimize the amount of time I spend in more compromising positions.

15. Thanks for input Jim. Btw, congrats on your comp and PRs. Saw it in your thread

So, Saturday's I will remove pulling completely.
  16. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Well, carb nite is going well so far. My workout went to crap though. I got a sample of krushed candy conquer unleashed with my order from nutraplanet, so I decided to give it a try today. On my work up sets to my top set on squats, I got extremely nauseous, cold squats and unmotivated. Tried to work through it, didn't happen though, so this is all I did today.

Squats [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Bench [email protected]
    [email protected]

And left.

Still feel like poo. Going to try and eat something to see if it eases the nausea.

Needless to say, I won't be trying conquer unleashed again lol

17. I had an identical reaction to Conquer. I ended up just doing cardio and leaving.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

In!
    Sorry to hear about the nausea man.

I once stacked gravol with a pre because it did the same to me...
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I had an identical reaction to Conquer. I ended up just doing cardio and leaving.
    It sucked. I've been using ATP kenetics which is excellent. I've got a few scoops left of that then it's creamax xt+ 20g caffeine or two caps APPNUT black cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    In!
    Sorry to hear about the nausea man.

I once stacked gravol with a pre because it did the same to me...
    Man, it ruins the rest of your day. When are you going to get a training log up bro?! You do, in fact hoist, no?
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Haha yes I do, its just all over the place for timing and on very limited equipment.

It would be the most bro log you've ever seen haha.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

21. Subd!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

22. Nothing too exciting today. Energy is definitely down.

Deadlifts (reps x sets)
    245x3x7
    Decided to just YOLO deadlifts until I figure something out with my back. Will probably just undulate weekly my deadlifts.. The bar weight will increase slowly, injury prevention is high priority

3-board bench [email protected]
    [email protected]
    260x3x2

Db split squat
    30x8x3

Had an awesome meal just now though, post workout.
    1 avocado split in half, de-seed
    1 can tuna in oil mixed with 15g mayo, salt and pepper, mix.

Add the tuna mixture into de pitted avocado, sprinkle provel cheese on top and either microwave for 45 seconds or bake for a minute to melt the cheese.

ON. POINT.

23. That sounds great. Never been a huge (tuna) in oil fan tho. Gotta get some avocado in my life.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

24. RepsxSets for life

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    RepsxSets for life
    Repped when I get to my laptop

Don't get that argument fired up lol it's almost as bad as the reebok vs chucks debacle Lawlz
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jswain's training log for powerlifting
    By jswain34 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4212
    Last Post: Yesterday, 05:36 PM
  2. BK's Log For success..and all that good stuff.
    By BigKrabbe in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 09:47 AM
  3. Waking up early for work and powerlifting
    By firstbat71 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:22 AM
  4. Polynomial's "let's get strong for fun and profit" log
    By Polynomial in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 06:29 PM
  5. Log for SNS Creatine E2 matrix and Arg. E2