Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Page 17 of 18 First ... 15161718 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Outside the plates (and collars) on both ends?
    Yes.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

2. W4D1

Squat x4
    280x4
    265x4x2

CGBP ~ myo reps
    140x9+8+7+7

Seated row
    110x8x3
    110x10

Took what I had today. Squats felt heavier than they should, which blows my mind. Will keep plugging away.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   

3. HRV measurements:

Deload week- 64bpm
    Week 1 of training- 62bpm
    Week 2 of training - 61bpm
    Week 3 of training - 63bpm

4. W4D2
    Tempo squat
    270x3
    255x3x2

Bb hip thrust x4
    40x10x2
    60x12
    70x11
    *plate weight only

Back ext
    20x10x2
    30x10

Freakin right SI was feeling wonky, again. Couldn’t push it today. The down sets on tempo were relatively easy but I was afraid it would pop under weight again. So, I cut it. I probably had another set in me for sure.

Need to finish the block strong, that’s for sure.

Tomorrow we rest, Friday we pull.

Be easy
    God bless

5. Can’t catch a break. Right SI popped right at lockout on my pulls.

This may not be ideal but imma pull off blocks for the next 5 week block as my main movement. Then my last four start pulling from the floor again. Unless anyone has some other opinions.
    •   

6. Oh no
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

7. Going to do what I Can I suppose?

Squat
    245x5x4

Bench
    200x5x4

Lat pull down AMRAP x3
    90x15,13,11

I’m frustrated because I have this meet in mind but my hips/pelvic floor is being a bish.

Took a longer warm up.
    *cat/camel stretch
    *static anti-rotation bear lifts (3 sec holds x8)
    *bear crawl 25 steps x2
    *glute med firing

Going to run with a three week wave, deload, three week wave, deload, four week with peak/“taper”

Going to pull from blocks until the taper ....

Be easy
    God bless
  8. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Warm up pre lift
    -2x cat/camel 12 “reps”
    - isometric static hold bear lift
    - bear crawl
    -side planks
    -reset of pubic Symphysis

3” Block pull
    245x3r x2s

Squat
    195x5r x2s

Close grip bench
    65x5r x3s
    *plate weight only & lbs per side

Was really able to get my lifters wedge and lats tucked/tight on the block pulls. Only concern is this transfers to my pulling from the floor because I’m going to ride this out until meet day. My glutes have been firing pretty well the last few days which is a good thing. Been squeezing are on my unrack (during squats) and before the decent (obviously not allowing my hips to dump forward). Was suppose to hit five sets of back ext as well but completely forgot. I’ll add them into my Saturday training.

Be easy
    God bless

9. Have you been using anything from that IG video that I tagged you in? If so, have ya noticed anything?
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

10. Everything except the wide stance squat in hole (McGill advises against the lumbar lower rounding).

If my pubic bone is out that’s when I feel my SI pop. If my Si pops I can lay down and pop my pubic bone in immediately and get some minor relief but I just have to remember to stay ahead of it and check it BEFORE lifting

11. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Everything except the wide stance squat in hole (McGill advises against the lumbar lower rounding).

If my pubic bone is out that’s when I feel my SI pop. If my Si pops I can lay down and pop my pubic bone in immediately and get some minor relief but I just have to remember to stay ahead of it and check it BEFORE lifting
    I wasnt so sure about that one either. Is he against it specifically with the movement loaded? If not, id like to hear his reasoning on why hes against it unloaded.
    Training log:

12. Joining in to follow along from here!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  13. Tygas home log for powerlifting and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    I wasnt so sure about that one either. Is he against it specifically with the movement loaded? If not, id like to hear his reasoning on why hes against it unloaded.
    It has to do with spinal loading while causing posterior tilt. The cat camel he recommends because it takes all loading off the spine since you’re in a quadruped position.

“Dr. Stuart McGill did research and found that when the spine is fully flexed it loses 40% of it’s ability to withstand compressive loads[2]. He also found that sitting in a slouched position can weaken your spine and will take a few minutes to return to normal even after you’ve stood up and fixed you spine position.” ~ goes on to say with athletes that have pre existing injuries (bulges, LDH) need to stay out of compromising positions.

He has a great video on finding your foot position, distance between your feet for squatting. Helps find your “depth” before you have butt wink. Let me see if I can dig it up for you! He’s against loaded/unloaded lumbar rounding as a whole.
    @jswain34

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Joining in to follow along from here!
    Welcome bud. This is frustrating log lol (for me anyhow)

15. Yeah I saw that you have been dealing with injuries... same here just trying to work around them now. While working on recovering as well.
    Current Training Log -

16. W1D3

Squat
    290x3r x2s

Bench
    235x3r x2s

Bb hip thrust
    Four sets of 8-10

https://instagram.com/p/BbVY3uKnVOb/
    squat and bench video

Popped my pubic bone in and knocked out my warm up stuff. >>>
    - cat/camel stretch
    -side planks
    - isometric static bear holds
    -bear crawls

Tonight restored some faith in my lower body cooperating lol Also I had the gym to myself! It’s nice when I can hog up three benches and not worry about anyone needing them haha.

Be easy
    God bless

17. W1D4

Arms
    3 exercises each super set

Kb front rack carries
    Kb suitcase carries

Db lateral raises
    -3 sets superset with rear delt flys

18. -Wave 1-
    Week 1 HRV - 61bpm

19. W2D1

Squat
    250x5r x4s

Floor press
    185x5r x4s

Lat pull down x3 AMRAPs
    110x13,11,9

Today’s went real well! Here’s the thing, I have a tendency to get over zealous and start pushing it because I think my injuries have miraculously resolved from a few weeks of consistent rehab. However, things have been going WELL. So, I’m pumped to say the least.

Wednesday will be an easy day, Friday will be another story lol two or three sets of doubles! Any ways. As Ice said, “today was a good day”

Be easy
    God bless

20. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    W2D1

Squat
    250x5r x4s

Floor press
    185x5r x4s

Lat pull down x3 AMRAPs
    110x13,11,9

Today’s went real well! Here’s the thing, I have a tendency to get over zealous and start pushing it because I think my injuries have miraculously resolved from a few weeks of consistent rehab. However, things have been going WELL. So, I’m pumped to say the least.

Wednesday will be an easy day, Friday will be another story lol two or three sets of doubles! Any ways. As Ice said, “today was a good day”

Be easy
    God bless
    Awesome to hear. By the way I have been dealing with an SI issue the last couple weeks and some of your discussion in other threads led me down a Youtube rabbit hole until I found the Reset ? Pop the pubic bone back in type videos while digging through SI related videos. I have done them 6 times since yesterday and popped my pubic bone back in 3 times.

Kind of crazy, when I read you saying something about popping stuff back in I was like what in the world is he talking about. Funny thing is that my pubic bone must have been floating in and out for a while now because that pop is exactly what I felt every once in a while when I move my right leg in too quickly from a relaxed position. It hurt just a tiny bit but felt like my pelvic floor was completely unstable. I didn't even have a clue that pubic bone moved until then. So anyway I have done the exercises Kelly Starrett suggests 6 times in the last 2 days and am feeling much better in the hips and lower back.

I think I might even be able to squat again safely pretty soon but I will probably wait until next week. Have you noticed any other tricks that help with any SI related pain or symptoms that I should look into?
    Current Training Log -

21. Rabbit hole here I come
    Training log:

22. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Rabbit hole here I come
    This was one of the ones, and i think the one I chose to use. You can actually feel, and hear the bone pop back in place. I have to admit my walking gait is much better today. I don't feel as if I am stepping down into a hole each time I step down with my right foot. I think my hip was twisted forward on the right side, pushing my hip out to the side a bit which is what made it feel like I was stepping unevenly. Sometime people would even ask why I was limping when it was really moving around.
    @jswain34 - heres the link
    Current Training Log -

23. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    This was one of the ones, and i think the one I chose to use. You can actually feel, and hear the bone pop back in place. I have to admit my walking gait is much better today. I don't feel as if I am stepping down into a hole each time I step down with my right foot. I think my hip was twisted forward on the right side, pushing my hip out to the side a bit which is what made it feel like I was stepping unevenly. Sometime people would even ask why I was limping when it was really moving around.
    @jswain34 - heres the link
    That’s exactly what I do before every lifting session (now). Ever since then, I haven’t had any SIJ problems (also while using my normal warm up exercises/static holds and glute med warm ups)

24. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    It has to do with spinal loading while causing posterior tilt. The cat camel he recommends because it takes all loading off the spine since you’re in a quadruped position.

“Dr. Stuart McGill did research and found that when the spine is fully flexed it loses 40% of it’s ability to withstand compressive loads[2]. He also found that sitting in a slouched position can weaken your spine and will take a few minutes to return to normal even after you’ve stood up and fixed you spine position.” ~ goes on to say with athletes that have pre existing injuries (bulges, LDH) need to stay out of compromising positions.

He has a great video on finding your foot position, distance between your feet for squatting. Helps find your “depth” before you have butt wink. Let me see if I can dig it up for you! He’s against loaded/unloaded lumbar rounding as a whole.
    @jswain34
    Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Rabbit hole here I come
    Did you see this? I don’t know if a few posts pushed it up to far for you to see his (McGill’s) comment on it.

25. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    That’s exactly what I do before every lifting session (now). Ever since then, I haven’t had any SIJ problems (also while using my normal warm up exercises/static holds and glute med warm ups)
    Yeah, I am pretty excited that I am not in pain. Today was the first day in a while that I woke up and didn't feel like removing my lower spine was a viable option to get rid of the pain... This morning was actually almost normal. I should have done these exercises before I started lifting but I ended up doing them after I did my Adductor / Abductor work. I will do them during my warm up from now on to make sure I am in proper position.

I saw a video yesterday that said what to do about a hypermobile SI, I think that is what I am dealing with. I need to try to find it again, and see what it says to do to tighten the area up.
    Current Training Log -
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jswain's training log for powerlifting
    By jswain34 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4254
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:22 PM
  2. BK's Log For success..and all that good stuff.
    By BigKrabbe in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
  3. Waking up early for work and powerlifting
    By firstbat71 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 02:22 AM
  4. Polynomial's "let's get strong for fun and profit" log
    By Polynomial in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
  5. Log for SNS Creatine E2 matrix and Arg. E2