☠Nurse Gray's Road To 1500lbs☠

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
So at this point if you have found yourself here. Chances are you know who I am.
If not follow any or all of these links below.

www.Facebook.com/TheSwoleNurse
www.YouTube.com/c/TheSwoleNurse
www.Instagram.com/TheSwoleNurse
www.Twitter.com/TheSwoleNurse

My goals and training have changed dramatically over the last year and those who have been following along know that I have come along way. Up until recently I have been completely self taught. This has caused me to loose some valuable time in my lifting but it has also caused me to actually TRY things for myself. Motivation has never been one of my issues. Those following me from the beginning know that I have worn many a sweatshirt up in my attic while benching under 10 degrees (Theres no feeling like cold steel)

Fast forward through a complete lack of direction (during my beacbody programing), taking the advice of every boob on youtube for a few weeks before getting bored, a couple rounds of Mountain dog, and finally into two rounds of a modified cube program. I can finally say Ive reached the point of confidence in my training and the weights being lifted are getting respectable. The purpose of the log will be simple. Build up enough solid strength to reach a 1500b total and film as much of it as possible. Only 450lbs to go. Shouldn't be hard right?

Starting out I was weak as a kitten with no real direction.

[video=youtube;DZJLLXYGbMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZJLLXYGbMI[/video]
[video=youtube;vnBSowgkG9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnBSowgkG9g[/video]

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Moving forward a couple of years and as of this post these are my new Max Lifts

[video=youtube;BtxRzalDvlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxRzalDvlI[/video]
[video=youtube;OuYMJxb5ngs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYMJxb5ngs[/video]
[video=youtube;pCw3QzI0o7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCw3QzI0o7Y[/video]
[video=youtube;sQNTgzAsC64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNTgzAsC64[/video]

Starting this Log below are my RAW lifts and Total

Deadlift 355

Bench 335

Squat 365

OHP 185

Big 3 Total 1,055

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Ok so at this point you may be asking what the plan is?

Overall Goal

1500 pound total

Compete

Learn as much as possible

Improve my physique along the way

Training

Jim Wendler's
Boring But Big 5-3-1 T Nation 3 Month Challenge.

Conditioning

2 Miles
4 Times a week
Bowflex Treadclimber

Nutrition

Breakfast

6 whole eggs (scrambled with cheese)
1-2 cups oatmeal or grits
1 piece of fruit

OR

2 Scoops Whey
16 Oz of skim milk
1 piece of fruit

Lunch

10 oz. Chicken
1 Cup White Rice
1-2 Cups (Vegetable of Choice)

Lunch 2

2 Scoops Humapro

OR

2 Scoops Whey
16 Oz Skim Milk
1 piece of fruit

Dinner

2 chicken breasts (or 10 oz. steak)
Large bowl of pasta and marinara sauce
Bag of steamed vegetables

OR

Whatever my wife makes (Always Good)

Supplementation

This will vary and I will try and update the list below often

Lets Do This!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, man! I've been meaning to put up a "journey-type" log this year. I'm definitely subbed to this one!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Awesome, man! I've been meaning to put up a "journey-type" log this year. I'm definitely subbed to this one!
Thanks man. I'll put some more detail in the log intro later tonight!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Iam in for the holy shıt fits when i see u kill it !!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not on the finaflex team, but I'm in for the journey.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're welcome to post a link in my log of you want

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
turff49

turff49

Awards
Subbed

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'm ready!!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Get it! Full steam ahead!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Collin, I am glad you found a True Goal that motivates you and I wish you all the luck in the world, so I will give you a few words of advise and than shut up (yea right) I know you have worked very hard to lose some body fat and I am happy for your accomplishment here, I will even say I am Proud Of You! I think power lifting is Great and looking at your numbers so early I believe you will be very successively but please don't let it be an excuse to gain back the body fat you have lost. Eat Clean, Keep Your Calories in Check and gain some true muscle. End Of Sermon .... Good Luck Train Hard and Let me know if I can be of any help. You Brother in Iron, Rocket

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Collin, I am glad you found a True Goal that motivates you and I wish you all the luck in the world, so I will give you a few words of advise and than shut up (yea right) I know you have worked very hard to lose some body fat and I am happy for your accomplishment here, I will even say I am Proud Of You! I think power lifting is Great and looking at your numbers so early I believe you will be very successively but please don't let it be an excuse to gain back the body fat you have lost. Eat Clean, Keep Your Calories in Check and gain some true muscle. End Of Sermon .... Good Luck Train Hard and Let me know if I can be of any help. You Brother in Iron, Rocket
I appreciate your words of wisdom. Never in my life will I ever let myself go the way I did before. This is exactly why I am still meal prepping. Reintroducing cardio and utilizing the supplementation I have at my disposal. I am not going to be one of those by any means necessary 285 power lifters that don't look like they lift!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I appreciate your words of wisdom. Never in my life will I ever let myself go the way I did before. This is exactly why I am still meal prepping. Reintroducing cardio and utilizing the supplementation I have at my disposal. I am not going to be one of those by any means necessary 285 power lifters that don't look like they lift!
Good to know....I have faith in you!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fat powerlifter-type is yesterday's athlete. You don't need a six-pack either. Getting down to 12-15% bf would be a pretty healthy weight IMO.

Granted, I've put on weight recently, but it's temporary.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^agreed. 12-15% is a good happy medium imo.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
12% means abs. Most people who think they're 15 are actually like 25 lol. But I'm in! I watch your YouTube videos when I get the chance. Lower the box height if you plan on doing box squats.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12% means abs. Most people who think they're 15 are actually like 25 lol. But I'm in! I watch your YouTube videos when I get the chance. Lower the box height if you plan on doing box squats.
Says Mr 6%

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Really I already feel they are at parallel should I be breaking parallel for box squats?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Really I already feel they are at parallel should I be breaking parallel for box squats?
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452992321.702641.jpg

Good few inches above parallel. Just take that plate off the box and you're good. Avoid bouncing off the box too.

agentphantom

agentphantom

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Nurse Gray is the real deal. Good work bro

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
turff49

turff49

Awards
11-15% is truly a healthy and happy medium. Lower is nice for those special occasions and if going to do shows. Over 18% and need to start reeling yourself back in a little, or if you are needing to bulk.

Of course, that's after you've gotten down to your goal.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Today is the day!

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453023793.021026.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was at the gym yesterday on the elliptical which is in perfect view of the smith machines, in the 30 minutes I was there I watched 6 people do squats and not 1 rep for any of the was a good one......sometimes it is hard to hold your thoughts in!!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I was at the gym yesterday on the elliptical which is in perfect view of the smith machines, in the 30 minutes I was there I watched 6 people do squats and not 1 rep for any of the was a good one......sometimes it is hard to hold your thoughts in!!
Hahah I know what you mean. I train at a NCAA facility with coaches that get paid 70k+ a year and I swear not one damn person they train can squat!

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Hahah I know what you mean. I train at a NCAA facility with coaches that get paid 70k+ a year and I swear not one damn person they train can squat!
I competed NCAA division 1 (swimming). My strength coach (he was the strength coach for all sports, but basketball) had a masters and still didn't know a damn thing about how to train/coach. It's sad

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I offered to help kiddos high school team with strength training but the coach went with a top-heavy lifter (another coach).

Kiddo comes home after training telling me their routines; max singles on the leg press, an hour and a half of kickbacks and skull crushers, half repping bench and 1/4 ROM squats.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Alabama pays their strength coach $600k. And he doesn't have a degree in strength or training. Must be a great basement chemist though...lol

Several years back when my son was in high school some of the football team would show up here for their "2nd" workout. Cameron said they all learned more here and packed on muscle than what the coaches had them doing.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
I offered to help kiddos high school team with strength training but the coach went with a top-heavy lifter (another coach).

Kiddo comes home after training telling me their routines; max singles on the leg press, an hour and a half of kickbacks and skull crushers, half repping bench and 1/4 ROM squats.
Sounds about right. It's a joke.

Mine is worse for the sole fact that I went to a school with 25,000 students and I know he's paid at least 60k.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alabama pays their strength coach $600k. And he doesn't have a degree in strength or training. Must be a great basement chemist though...lol

Several years back when my son was in high school some of the football team would show up here for their "2nd" workout. Cameron said they all learned more here and packed on muscle than what the coaches had them doing.
I plan to have a home rack soon so kiddo can workout here. That's one of my selling points to the wife.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NurseGray Supplement Logs 71
NurseGray Supplement Logs 31
NurseGray Workout Logs 1016