Aaron's New Journey (log)

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Hey all! It's been a VERY long time since I was last on AM (so long, in fact, I forgot my login, got married, and had a little girl).

I'm starting this Journey here on the forums for accountability, encouragement, and (just maybe) a bit of inspiration.

A bit about myself: I'm 25. Been working out since 16, but after college I lost the convenience of routine and "free" gym membership and soon developed the bad habit of no routine. I landscape full time, which wears me out fast and makes it hard to find motivation sometimes (which is no excuse). I live in the middle of nowhere, and it's not bad. Really quiet though. Sometimes, scary quiet.

My routine is still being tweaked, but I can tell you guys it'll be a mix of some home gym workouts, as well as homemade workouts (tractor tire, kettle bell, etc.), and plyometrics. I'll be posting a "before" pic before too long here soon.

Diet will be healthful foods, steering as clear as I can from refined sugars and gluten. I'll also be practically cutting soda out of my diet, too.

Here are my current supplements:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452724590.215183.jpg

Tried to keep it simple with a pre-, intra-, and post-workout. Not necessarily the best stuff out there, but we're on a pretty tight budget and I got some Amazon gift cards for Christmas.

Any questions or comments are welcomed! Hope you guys stick with me as I work hard to stick with this Journey log!

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Before pic (legs only + do-I-look-good-in-my-undershirt pic (for the wife))

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452728497.298710.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452728509.931098.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452728524.635178.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Today's routine (chest and tricep):

Cardio warm up and stretch

Tricep press 60lbs @ 10 reps
" 100 @ 10
" 130 @ 8
" 140 @ 8
" 140 @ 6

Tri push down 30 @ 10
" 40 @ 10
" 40 @ 8
" 40 @ 8
" 50 @ 6

Pec fly 40 @ 10
" 70 @ 10
" 90 @ 10
" 100 @ 6
" 100 @ 6

Tri kickback 10 @ 10
" 20 @ 10
" 20 @ 8
" 20 @ 6
" 20 @ 6

Military press 15
Standard push up 20
Wide push up 15

Tricep Dips 25 X 2

Cool down and stretch

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Because of my home gym setup, I'm just gonna consider the weights as pounds of resistance (or something like that). Not the biggest fan of home gyms, but it was a gift and I'm gonna use it.

I'm gonna shoot for a routine that kinda looks like this:

Chest and triceps
Legs and shoulders
Rest
Back and biceps
Rest
Core and cardio
Stretch or yoga

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Breakfast this morning! Grits, eggs, a bit of Colby Jack, some salt and pepper.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452873446.288827.jpg

"But what about second breakfast?"
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452873492.005340.jpg

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452969616.277766.jpg

Yesterday, I mixed these two supplements together. Chocolate and Blue Raspberry. What I got tasted like one of those gourmet chocolate covered berries. I think I may be on to something...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why's your home gym look like? At least you have one...

Mmm, love grits. You must be in the south.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Why's your home gym look like? At least you have one...

Mmm, love grits. You must be in the south.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453080021.217059.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453080034.882742.jpg

Does the trick pretty good. And with my tractor tire, sledgehammer, pull up bar, and other weights (along with landscaping), I'm set pretty well. I'd love a squat rack and bench, but I think that'll be in the future when we have our own place. We're just renting right now.

And I live in Illinois! But I was raised in Florida, so that's where the grits come in. Funny story: I worked at a camp in New Hampshire one summer and had to explain what biscuits and gravy was to the campers, along with how to eat it.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453133882.599651.jpg

Mocha with protein

(Coffee, scoop of chocolate whey, splash of half-and-half)

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Workout from Saturday:

Shoulder press push up

Body weight deep squats

Hindu push ups

Alternating lunges

Shoulder press
10 @ 50
10 @ 80
8 @ 110
6 @ 120

Plyometrics 15 min

I cut my workout down a bit because of my bruised rib. Didn't know what all I could do, but seemed to be ok, so I'll up it more next time. Don't want to neglect the legs. I'm gonna be doing back and biceps today, so hoping the back is gonna be good for it. *fingers crossed*

Still looking at alternative workouts that can be subbed for barbell squats. There's nothing like it, but I don't have a barbell. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty neat setup.

I used to drink a cold protein-coffee every afternoon. Tasty stuff.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pistol squats?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, she's insane. Awesome legs though.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
So, I'll be logging 1-Andro when it arrives (I'm assuming a 4 week cycle). I'm making a separate thread for that, but I'm going to include here my 1-Andro log along with my PCT. Here's what I'm thinking:

1-Andro
200/200/200/200
(4 days strength, 1 day stretch/yoga, 2 days rest)

Finaflex Max Pump pre
R1 Train Intra
5g Taurine daily
Multivitamin daily
Fish oil daily
Joint supp if needed

3000 kcal daily on a 50-30-20 ratio (P-F-C)

Also cutting out refined sugars and more than a cup of black coffee. That's why I picked a stim-free pre, to lower stim intake.

Now, here's where I'd like some advice for PCT. I have three options I'm bouncing around:

OL Elim1nate
PES Erase Pro
CEL PCT Assist
Finaflex Revolution PCT Black

I'll also be taking Saw Palmetto and Lycopene just for some added prostate support, as well as dropping my total caloric intake to 2800.

Any thoughts? I'm super excited about this log. I don't have a gym membership, but I can get three free weeks total from two separate gyms in the area. Also using tractor tire, sledge hammer, and some 50-100 pound "boulders" in addition to my home gym set.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'll be drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I'm also going to use creatine during PCT but not on cycle.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Some pre-1-Andro measurements, along with post-cycle and post-PCT.

6'2"
198lbs even
Approximately 17%bf
Arms (right and left): 15"
Quads (left): 22"
Quads (right): 22 1/8"
Calves (right and left): 15"
Chest circumference: 49.5"

Will have maxes for the 5x5 workout routine, along with pull-ups to failure, for pre-cycle, post-cycle, and post-PCT.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excited to see your gainz! :)

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
I would go with a cheap seem if on a budget

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I would go with a cheap SERM if on a budget
I thought the general consensus was now that 1-Andro alone didn't necessarily need a SERM, just PCT. Especially at only 200mg/d. But I will look into getting a cheap one just in case.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
nice bro, keep it up- sub on this as well

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
I would always use a serm its hormonal so yes I would to be safe.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
i done saw a vein in that dare shoulder with that bicep i did

jake1986

Awards
I'm diggin that dungeon gym setup. Get you a blarrin ass radio and you're gtg.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Sweat shirt with AW on the back- Aarons World- pic in black and white starring down at the the stack of wgts - yea thats what you should do-

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Sweat shirt with AW on the back- Aarons World- pic in black and white starring down at the the stack of wgts - yea thats what you should do-
Haha nice! That's very "Animal."

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I'm diggin that dungeon gym setup. Get you a blarrin ass radio and you're gtg.
Haha thanks man. It's pretty sweet. We live on a farmette and I just set up a pull up bar in one of the barns. Gonna go all Rocky on my workouts. ?

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Got to a gym to try and get some starting max numbers for the log. It feels weird, since I haven't done a proper bench or deadlift in a couple of years. Always is discouraging when you have a number where you used to be. But I know it'll come back with hard work.

Bench press: 185x2
Dead lift: 225x1

And just for fun;
Dumbbell press: 70(2)x4

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
i know what you mean, but A. C, good job man

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Hey its a good start since you been out a while.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Looking for a bit more advice:

I'm tossing back and forth a non-stim pre workout. Either Max Pump or High Volume. I'd also like to add a creatine supp, either creatine nitrate or mono+anhydrous. Any thoughts?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
creapure - best out there- or if you go with crea- anhy- that is also just as good- either one

as far as stim, there are some good products, but i dont use them. i only have 1 cup of coffee in the am, that its. find that just like everything else, more u use the more u need.

im sure your going to get flooded with response- not sure just how much stim you want or do you want a stim with creatine mix

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
other thing A, are you running that log on the PH? if so, when are you starting that

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
creapure - best out there- or if you go with crea- anhy- that is also just as good- either one

as far as stim, there are some good products, but i dont use them. i only have 1 cup of coffee in the am, that its. find that just like everything else, more u use the more u need.

im sure your going to get flooded with response- not sure just how much stim you want or do you want a stim with creatine mix
Non-stim actually. That's why I was wondering about Max Pump or High Volume. Both seem pretty solid.

I just want to make sure the nitrates won't adversely affect being run in conjunction with 1-Andro. (Cellucor makes a creatine nitrate product. 3G CN and tastes like freaking pixie sticks. It's amazing.)

And I'll be running the log as soon as the 1-Andro comes in. I think Vaughn is sending it out sometime soon. I haven't decided if I'll just keep it in the LG company forum, or if I'll put up a double here. At the very least, I'll have my before and after stats, as well as my PCT (and beyond) posted here.

And thanks for the input! I've heard good things about both creapure and creatine anhydrous. I'm shooting for my only stim being my am coffee, too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a bit partial to Max Pump. I like to take a quarter dose before bed and the remains of the serving early in the AM to workout.

If you'll PM me your addy and owe me a review I'll send you a bottle? No logging required, just a review.

Why not creatine all the time?

Like mentioned above I also prefer Creapure. Finaflex has a Creapure, Crea-Trona and caffeine mixture that I love taking an afternoon pick-me-up.

Mono can be purchased for super cheap though. I just finished a few months a ago the second of a two tub purchase in 2013.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I'm a bit partial to Max Pump. I like to take a quarter dose before bed and the remains of the serving early in the AM to workout.

If you'll PM me your addy and owe me a review I'll send you a bottle? No logging required, just a review.

Why not creatine all the time?

Like mentioned above I also prefer Creapure. Finaflex has a Creapure, Crea-Trona and caffeine mixture that I love taking an afternoon pick-me-up.

Mono can be purchased for super cheap though. I just finished a few months a ago the second of a two tub purchase in 2013.
For sure! Thanks so much.

Well, I had originally wanted to not take any creatine just on cycle because I was concerned about getting dehydrated, but I don't think that is going to be an issue anymore as long as I properly stay hydrated, especially with adding some taurine to the mix.

I'm probably going to stick with a creatine mono/anhy/mag che blend. I also have creatine nitrate on hand, but I was just concerned about the nitrates during cycle, if there are any concerns.

Originally, I didn't want to do creatine because I wanted just a basic stack to see what 1-Andro did alone, but I decided that was dumb. Why not replenish my muscles with creatine to use once ATP is gone and get the most out of my cycle? :)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
nice

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454103790.525033.jpg

Seeing these next to the lying leg press makes things so much simpler.