2016 Training log - Trying new things

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Gonna keep track of things in here, such as what training programme I'm trying, general diet and supps being used.

I'm not gonna track sets and reps in here as I keep all of that on a excel spreadsheet.

So I am giving FST-7 a go at the moment and am enjoying the higher reps, although I have changed one thing and it is to start with major lift for 3 reps for 7 sets with one minute rest between sets. Then I start the higher rep stuff.

As of the 4/1 I have been taking 1 OL Endurashred a day which contains 10mg ostarine and 7mg of carderine. I will bump it up to 2 ed in a couple of weeks. Hoping to bridge this into a DMZ run.

Currently just eating at maintanance and will bump the cals up a little when I run DMZ.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Fst 7 blew my arms from 18-18.5 it's awesome

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
And that was before I did any cycling so no aas needed

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hit up chest and bi's this morning. Been having hypermax xt for pre workout and as I train fasted, I drink a bcaa drink during my workouts. Good pump today as usual with the FST-7 finish.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Got up and got ready to fly to work. In the taxi on the way to the airport I get a phone call telling me the flight is delayed by 5 hours. So I do what any meathead would do, and go home and have a leg session.

Walking db lunges x 4
Leg press x 3
RDL x 3
Seated leg curls x 3
Leg extensions x 7
Standing calve raises x 7

In the taxi now heading to the airport to fly to work.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Got up and got ready to fly to work. In the taxi on the way to the airport I get a phone call telling me the flight is delayed by 5 hours. So I do what any meathead would do, and go home and have a leg session.

Walking db lunges x 4
Leg press x 3
RDL x 3
Seated leg curls x 3
Leg extensions x 7
Standing calve raises x 7

In the taxi now heading to the airport to fly to work.
Thats an awesome way to make the best of a situation! !! Now you can rest on the plane !!!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up on site now so using the gym at work. Hit the gym early 0315 for a back workout.

Weighted wide grip pull up x 5
Reverse grip pulldown x 3
Db rows x 3
Cable rows x 3
Straight arm pulldown x 7

Nice pump this morning, I have been taking my endura shred after my workouts. I may try it before tomorrow's workout. It has only been 6 days but I think there is some slight leaning out from it already.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
It's been a couple of days since I last checked in here. In that time I hit shoulders and got a massive pump. Finishing with 7 sets with 30 second rest between sets really gets the blood to the working muscle.

This morning hit legs, I'm up at work so don't have all the equipment that I do at my regular gym. So I had to do some different things, which is always good for a change up.

Starting to lean up, and have a slight loss of labido from the OL Endura shred. But I like the changes I am seeing.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Got in early yesterday morning for some fasted cardio and core work. Started off with jump rope and some bb complexes. Then jumped on the treadmill for 20 min and did some core work.

This morning was chest and bi's, had a pretty good pump from the hypermax.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Bumped up the OL Endurashred to 2 caps a day. This stuff is legit! Even at 1 cap a day I was leaning out, hoping 2 caps may speed it up a little. I was running a pretty low carb diet, but since starting the Endurashred the carbs have come up, but I'm still leaning out so I'll run with it. Wish I had taken before and after pic's.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Bumped up the OL Endurashred to 2 caps a day. This stuff is legit! Even at 1 cap a day I was leaning out, hoping 2 caps may speed it up a little. I was running a pretty low carb diet, but since starting the Endurashred the carbs have come up, but I'm still leaning out so I'll run with it. Wish I had taken before and after pic's.
Awesome bro

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hitting up the hypermax xt by performax labs and loving the pump and energy. I wake up and down 1-2 scoops of this stuff and 15-20 min later I'm ready to train.

Today was chest and bi's, FST-7 style for chest and I just add in 6-7 sets for bi's at the end. Also threw in some hanging leg raises and weighted planks between sets.

Haven't weighed my self in ages, but the Endurashred is leaning me out nicely.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Last couple of days I made it to the gym and got legs done. Yesterday went in the morning for back, and made it back in the arvo for shoulders and tris. Finished tri's with FST-7 overhead rope extensions and had a great pump.

I had a rest day today and will be in the gym early for some legs.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up at 0315, skulled my hypermax xt and in the gym for legs.
Walking lunges 3*7
Leg press 3*12
Rdl 3*10
Cable pull through 3*12
Leg press calve raises 4*10

Had to cut it short as I ran out of time. Also the gym at work has no leg extensions or leg curl machine so I need a way to replicate it.

The OL Endurashred is still treating me well and my diet at work is pretty clean so it's a good chance to lean up with out to much temptation with cheat food.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up early again for chest and bi's. I have been listening to mark bell's power podcast while I train. Man they talk some funny ****, which can sometimes make it hard to train as I laugh to much.

Anyway this morning's session looked like this.
Incline db press 4*8
Incline db flies 3*10
Db press 3*12
Cable x over FST-7 7*12
Ss
Front db chest raise 7*5
Db ISO curls 4*11
High cable curls 3*12

After the cable x over my chest had blown right up, had a massive pump.

Tomorrow will be a rest day and I'll do some fasted cardio and core work.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I've been a little sick last couple of days, and my diet has turned to sh!t. Not eating enough and just getting in what ever I can keep down, buthoping to beback in the gym tomorrow. The V.I.Pre is going great andthe endurashred I am about to bump up to 3 tabs which is 30mg of osta and 21mg of carderine, it has been woring pretty well so far.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I'm back. Finished up my XCD Nutrition V.I.Pre log (pretty good pre workout) and will be logging my training here.

Finished my OL Endurashred run, and got some good results. I still have a bottle to run later in the year.

Today I trained legs, with the focus on hamstrings.

RDL 5x5
Cable pull through 4x10
BB lunges 2x10 and 2x8
Seated leg curls 7x12 with 30 sec rest between sets.
Single leg calve raises 4x12
Core work.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna change training up for the next couple of months and give PHAT a go again. I have tried it before and it just didn't feel right, so I'll give it a crack again.

Today was upper body power.
Bb rows 5x5
Weighted close pull up 1x8, 1x6
Close grip pulldown 2x10
Bb bench press 5x5
Weighted dips 1x10, 1x8
Db shoulder press 2x10
Pjr pullover 2x12
Superset
Cable curls 1x15, 1x12

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up early and in the gym for legs power day.
RDL 5x5
Box squats 5x5
Lying leg curls 3x12
Db leg extensions 3x20
Standing calve raises 3x12

I've been listening to a few different podcasts lately and a few of my favourites now are mark bell's power cast, Joe rogans podcast, Aussie muscle radio and iron radio. All are good, mark bell's power cast and Aussie muscle radio are pretty funny, which can sometimes make it hard to listen to and train.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to do chest and back hypertrophy day instead of back and shoulders like set out in PHAT routine. I've done this so I can superset each set to get a better pump.

Bb bench 3x8
Superset
Bb row 3x8
Incline db press 3x8
Superset
Wide lat pulldown 3x8
Cable x over 3x12
Superset
Cable rows 3x12
Straight arm pulldown 3x15
Superset
Db chest raise 3x15

Had a good session until someone started talking to me and I lost all momentum.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Almost a week since I got in here and updated this. After chest and arms back hypertrophy was legs hypertrophy and then shoulders and arms hypertrophy.

I am liking the PHAT layout this time around.
Today hit chest and back hypertrophy
Bench press ss db rows 3x8
Incline db press ss wide lat pulldown 3x10 and last set is a drop set.
Cable x over ss cable row 3x15 last set was a drop set.
Straight arm pulldown ss chest db raise 3x15 last set is a drop set.

Good pump. Diet has been **** lately. Gotta pull that back in line.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Early morning sessions continue and yesterday was legs hypertrophy.
Box squats 4x10 last set was a drop set.
Walking lunges 3x24 steps
RDL 4x10
Leg extensions 3x12 drop sets
Super set
Seated leg curl 3x12 drop sets
Standing calve raises 5*10
Back extensions 3x10
Kettle bell swing 3x15

Made it in this morning for shoulders and arms hypertrophy
Db shoulder press 4x6 with drop set on last set
Upright row 3x10
Super set
Front db raises 3x12
Db lat raise 3x15
As
Face Pull's 3x10
Farmers walk 2x50 steps
Reverse tri pushdown 3x12
Super set
Cable bar curls 3x12
Pjr pullover 2x12
Super set
Db curls 2x12
Single arm tri pushdown 4x10
super set
Rope cable curls 4x10

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Back at work and another 3am workout before work.
Upper strength day
Db rows 5x4, 1x8
Weighted close grip pull up 1x8, 1x7
Wide lat pulldown 1x9, 1x8
BB bench 2x4, 2x3, 1x3>3>6
Weighted dips 1x10, 1x7
Db shoulder press 2x8
Skull crushers 2x10 super set
Db curls 1x10, 1x8

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I've just about finished pct from my endura shred run. I got some great results with it and dropped some body fat. Looking forward to my next run of it.

Today lower strength
Box squats 5*5 drop set on the last set.
RDL 5*5 drop set on the last set
Db leg extensions 3*15
Lying leg curls 1*12, 1*10, 1*8
Leg press calve raises 3*15, 2*12
Super set
Body weight walking lunges.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Still following PHAT and am enjoying it. Strength is slowly going up on strength days. I am thinking of adding a FST-7 element to my hypertrophy days as I think I made some small size gains will training FST-7 style.

This morning was fasted cardio, so I had 2 oxymax xt walked to the gym, did 5 min incline warm up on the treadmill. Moved to the cross trainer and did 20 min of 1 min hiit intervals. Then a 10 min cool down on the treadmill and into some core work. Walked home and had protein shake and chicken roll. Going to keep carbs low for the rest of the day.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hit shoulders and arms this morning and a full pump after arms.

Db shoulder press 3*6, 2*10
Upright rows 3*10
Superset
Face Pull's 3*12
Bus driver 2*8
Superset
Front plate raise 2*10
Db lat raises FST-7 7*12
Reverse tri pushdown 2*10
Superset
Cable curls 2*10
Pjr pullover 2*12
Superset
Preacher curls 2*10
Single cable tri pushdown FST-7 7*12
Superset
Db curls FST-7 7*12
Farmers walk 3*40 steps

Diets been okay. I have been having rice flakes with vanilla protein post work out and they taste ****ing great. Better than oats, don't get me wrong oats are good, but rice flakes are better.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
It took a while to warm up this morning, but once warmed up every thing was good.

Box squats 4x5 and drop set 1x4>6>8
Rdl 5x5
Bb lunges 2x8
Calve raises 4x12
Db leg extensions 3x12
Ss
Single lying leg curls 3x10

Been eating clean and getting some fasted LISS cardio in before tea.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Still hitting the gym each morning. Did some fasted cardio this morning. I have 2 different bcaa powders that I use. One is a bsn product and the other is muscle meds. When using the bsn bcaa I don't get any DOMS, but when I am using the muscle meds I get DOMS and feel run down. I use each for 7 days at a time, so I really notice the difference. Might up the muscle med dose up to 2 scoops and see what that does. I use these intra workout as a train early and fasted.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
In for this man!

Still hitting the gym each morning. Did some fasted cardio this morning. I have 2 different bcaa powders that I use. One is a bsn product and the other is muscle meds. When using the bsn bcaa I don't get any DOMS, but when I am using the muscle meds I get DOMS and feel run down. I use each for 7 days at a time, so I really notice the difference. Might up the muscle med dose up to 2 scoops and see what that does. I use these intra workout as a train early and fasted.
Aminos are tremendous and you'll see a drastic increase in growth/recovery if you time them right. I wouldn't take them in during fasted cardio though…if your looking for optimal fat loss then they're simply not needed and you will have zero chance at losing any muscle tissue if taking any compounds and utilizing LISS

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
In for this man!

Aminos are tremendous and you'll see a drastic increase in growth/recovery if you time them right. I wouldn't take them in during fasted cardio though…if your looking for optimal fat loss then they're simply not needed and you will have zero chance at losing any muscle tissue if taking any compounds and utilizing LISS
I do all of my training fasted, so that's weights and cardio. Cardio is 10 min warm up walking on inclined treadmill, followed by 20 min of hiit on the cross trainer, then 10 min LISS on the treadmill again. Then I'll hit some core work and skipping ( jump rope)

For weights I am following PHAT. A question for you BeastFitness. If I take a pre workout that has no carbs, but has artificial sweeteners, will this cause a spike in insulin even if there is no sugars being ingested? And would the bcaa's during training have an effect on fat burning? Or ketosis?

Thanks mate.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
The usual early start this morning, and I drank my pre workout as I walked to the gym, which is a bit under 10 min walk. Don't think my pre had kicked in by the time I got to the gym as I didn't have much motivation for the first couple of sets. Anyway this morning's training was legs hypertrophy and went a little like this.

Bb lunges 3*8
Ss
24 inch step up 3*8
Paused box squats 4*15
Db rdl 3*8
Ss
Cable pull through 3*10
Kettle bell swing 4*20
Leg extensions 4*13
Seated leg curls 4*15
Smith machine calve raises 3*30

Tomorrow is shoulders and arms and I think after that I will take a deload week and hit some higher rep days. May even go back to FST-7 or Neil what's his name program. Just feeling a little run down so a lighter week should go well.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I went in a did shoulders, chest and back a couple of days ago. I have slightly strained or pulled a muscle in my left pec as it has been sore/tight since training.

Db shoulder press 3*10
Ss
Incline db press 3*5
Ss
Flat db press 3*5
Upright rows 3*10
Ss
Cable row 3*8
Ss
HS wide lat pulldown 3*7
Cable x over 3*15
Ss
Front db chest raise 3*10
Db rows 3*10
Ss
Rear delt flies 3*10

I've had a couple of days off and will be back in there tomorrow for a lighter higher rep workout.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So I had a bit of a deload week last week and ready to go again. Went in for legs and on my last set of squats slightly strained the left side of my mid back. To be honest the weights were feeling heavy and I should of dropped the weight a little and worked on form.

Yesterday I picked up some ATP science amp v and got some PES prolific pretty cheap.

I tried the amp v this morning for my chest and back hypertrophy day. Not sure about it yet, I still have a sore back, and the weights felt heavy again. Might try amp v with some caffeine next time.

Incline db press 4x10
Ss
HS wide lat pulldown 4x10

Bb bench 1x11, 1x8, 1x6 rest pause 2 more.
Ss
V grip pulldown 3 x 12
Cable x over 3 x18
Ss
Front db chest raise 3 x 10
With a 20 sec static stretch at the end.
Straight arm pulldown 3 x20 with a 20 sec stretch at the end.

Threw in 5x20 standing calve raises at the end.

Not the best workout I will admit, but I still got in there.

I've been taking zma at night before bed and it is definitely giving me deeper sleep.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
My back is still a bit tight, but felt a lot better in the gym. I used ATP science Amp-V again this morning, and I also had a caffeine tablet (100mg) and had more energy today.

Legs hypertrophy went like this.
Leg extensions with single leg eccentric - 2x12, 3x10 each leg.
Walking db lunges 3x20
Seated leg curls single leg eccentric. 4x10, 1x8
Back hyper extensions 3x15
Seated calve raises 5x10
10 min walk on treadmill.

No squats or rdl as my back wouldn't of allowed it.

Diet has been ****, and will fix it today.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Feeling pretty good this morning even with my broken sleep from my youngest waking up a couple of times throughout the night. I think this is from the zma giving me better deeper sleep.

Shoulders and arms this morning
Db Shoulder press 3x5, 2x8
Superset
Db Lat raises 5x8
Cable upright rows 3x12
Superset
Face pull 3x12
Rear delt flies 2x10
Superset
Seated db shrugs 2x8
Something was off with the shrugs and didn't feel right so I stopped them early and moved on to arms.
Pjr pullover 3x12
Superset
Incline db curls 3x12
Single cable reverse tri pushdown 3x12 plus extra 10 on last set with rest pause.
Single cable curls 3x10 plus extra 10 with rest pause on last set.
Tri pushdown dropset 3 drop's in weight 1x10, 1x8, 1x7
Cable curls 3 drop's in weight 1x8, 1x7, 1x8

Was a reasonably good session, getting back in to it. Started tracking my macros ss well. According to the calculations for my tdee I should be consuming about 11700 kj. To me it seems a little high, so I have dropped it to 10500 kj and will monitor it. Aiming for 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs. Majority of carbs post workout.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
A early one today but nothing really special to note. Upper strength day and everything was okay but it feels as though it was missing something.

Single landmine rows 5x5
V grip cable row 2x8
Wide lat pulldown 2x8
Incline db press 4x5, 1x4
Weighted dips 2x8
Db shoulder press 2x7
Db curls 2x7
Db floor press 1x10, 1x9

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Been going to the gym early as usual, but haven't been having any stims pre workout.
Yesterday was legs, and I'm still taking it a little easier than usual until my back is 100%.
Bb lunges 5x5
High and wide leg press 5x5
Bulgarian split squats 3x15
Superset
Lying leg curls 3x10
Leg press calve raises 3x15

And went in this morning for fasted cardio. Also been tracking my macros again and keeping everything on track.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
**** it's been a week since I have written anything in here. This morning was a little different, as I went to the gym later in the morning and had eaten a small amount of carbs and a protein shake. Felt good hitting legs and my back is feeling a lot better.

Bb lunges 5x5
Rdl 8x5
Db Bulgarian split squats 4x8
Hide wide leg press 4x8
Leg extensions 1x10, 2x8, 1x12
Seated leg curls 1x12, 2x8, 1x15
Smith machine calve raises 4x10
Farmers walk 3x50 steps

Mate, I made a shake this arvo that had blue berries. Baby spinach, almond milk and 2 scoops of chocolate protein. At first I thought it would taste all spinachy but the blue berries and protein tasted great with no spinach taste at all. I think this will be my new afternoon shake.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Have been MIA from here. Still been lurking just couldn't be bothered updating my log.
But now i have started my alphalab technologies xtreme dmz and then into a endura shred cycle.
Started the dmz yesterday and have been taking 1 capsule AM and 1 capsule PM which is 32mg of dmz. I'm using OL Armicare pro for on cycle support and have clomid for pct and i think it is letrozol incase there are any estrogen related sides.
Only 2 days in and probably placebo but strength feel up a little.
My plan is to mimi bulk on the dmz and then cut on the endura shred. I guess I'll see how it all turns out.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So i have been using the dmz for 5 days now. I am only on 2 caps a day. I have noticed strength is up but my joints are sore. I was taking 2000mg of fish oil a day but have now bumped this up to 6000mg to help with my dry joints.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
The higher dose of fish oil seems to be doing it's job. I have noticed a bit of lower back pump starting so i will add in some taurine. I have also bumped up the dmz to 3 caps a day.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure this dmz is legit yet. Im 2 weeks in, my joints are sore but that's about it. Not sure about strength but will have a better idea after legs. The sore joints especially through my shoulder is making pressing movements hard to do. Bring on legs and then back and i will have an idea how this is going. Weight is slightly up, but the diet has come off the tracks a bit over the last couple of days.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Strength is slowly going up, joints are sore and upping fish oil again.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So I'm over 2 weeks into dmz and nothing really to report. Strength is up slightly, joints are dry. I'm not getting the same feeling that i have had from other ph runs.

I have upped my dose to 4 caps a day, and I'll see what happens. I have some transdermal alpha stano that i will run for a couple of weeks before my endura shred.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I've been running 4 caps a day now for 3 or 4 days. I had some killer back pumps after doing hyper extensions which lasted a couple of hours after the gym.

My left shoulder is playing up so i haven't been able to bench or over head press. So can't gauge if strength is up on these.

Normally when i use ph's my piss is a darker color and water intake goes up, and i haven't had this with this dmz.

Only about 10 days left of dmz then onto OL endura shred which i know works. The diet will clean right up over the next couple of days and carbs will only be around training.

Thinking of doing GVT again with a 3 day split and a couple of days of cardio. I was thinking chest and back, back movement's for thickness ie rows.
Legs
Then shoulders and back for width....something for me to think about.