405x1
    225x5x5

Squats
    135x5x5

LegPress
    200x15
    400x15
    600x15
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

2. Wednesday April 13, 2016, REST DAY

Decided to rest since I hit Legs and lower back within a 72HR period. I have a newfound love for squats/Deads again. I will definitely hit Legs Twice and possibly three times a week. It won't always be squats but some form of in order to raise my strength in my lower half. No longer will I focus on upper mainly but the focus has now switched. I have found some new info in my research and quest to getting lean. I utilize many sources. My biggest is IG, next to Facebook and Twitter. There are some people out there grinding harder than me. Some of them are woman. I have learned more about leaning up and diet from woman on there than men. I won't rant again on this issue with secrets and everyone coming up with a gimmick to charge people for info but I have finally put it all together. I give myself until August is when you will see the first pic of my transformation. This gives me a 18 week countdown. I'm not talking prep for a show. I'm talking being one of the leanest, strongest, fastest, and older PowerBuilder on the Planet. I don't utilize bulking and leaning phases. It's going to be an all year look. 'F' the bs people talking about how it's impossible to maintain a certain level although the pic they post or use says otherwise, then they attempt in a small way of belittlement to say it's not about being lean and having a six pack, be yourself. WTF. No, I want a 6 pack and I've seen them on people, young and old, athlete or not. Until then....................
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!
    •   

3. I'm with you, I'm transforming to that lean too.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

4. On the second to last day of 5 day rest. Bones, tendons, muscles were destroyed. Anxious to hit the gym and get started to endure i lost no strength. Operation Lean Up is in full affect. Things are looking on the up and up. Still struggling with home sale, still struggling with hand strength and flexion due to middle finger tendon rupture, still traveling up and down turnpike, making preparations to take all my woes to God so I can stay focused on family/gym/work. Why prepare? Well my aunt asked me if I watched this movie titled WAR ROOM. I finally looked it up on Comcast Demand. What a powerful movie. She said she watched it 7 times. I see why. It's based on a family surrounded by controversy and a woman is taught by a veteran prayer how to fix her problems by taking them to God and allowing him to fight for her. Her daily battles weren't hers to fight but Gods. I know not everyone believes. No problem, just skip over my post and log and forget about it. Trust me, someone will look it up who needs it and will save their marriage, job, family and relationships. I'm a novice at prayer will begin to utilize Gods hand in my life the way he intended.
  5. Military Muscle Motivation #13 | Blood Sweat Tears (BST) April 22, 2016

Yesterday I hit Chesticles but briefly. I've been back in the gym since Wednesday. I'll post those workouts later today or over the weekend. I hit my upper and focused on the Incline and a few accessory movements to rebuild my Incline back to a 455 single. I'm also working to improve my Squat and Dead again so I can compete in a full meet. This will take time to get my numbers decent again. No matter what remain in the grind. No matter the goal, always take time each day to work toward it. Always remember the reason you started and where you intend to go. I'm always finding new ways to improve on what I currently do and tend to jump to the next without staying the course. One thing is for sure. My end goal for summer 16', is fatloss wit minmal muscle loss and strength gain. Impossible, I think not. I'll do all I can to prove the naysayers wrong. For now I'll leave you with this, the next time your too tired to go to the gym, off work, and life seems to be getting at you. Remember BST {Blood, Sweat, Tears}

Incline Bench
    Warm Up: 135x15, 135x15
    Work Sets: 235x10, 255x10, 275x10
    Upright Row
    135x3x10 {Wide & Narrow}
    Miltitary Press
    135x15, 155x15, 175x12, 195x10, 225x8

https://youtu.be/jiMQpV16T4w
    •   

6. Sunday April 24, 2016
    Its time again to get back at it. Today is Leg/Delt day. This starts the 3 day a week leg days. I'll stick with this for next 6-8 weeks to bring up my leg definition. I have plenty of it now, but by getting leaner I will develop more striations. It will be a great change in my physique. I have no doubt I can make them a tad bit bigger and pronounced. Legs are the secret to size and strength. They are the pillars if the human body. They set the foundation. Im off and until next time.......

7. I do not envy your upcoming leg routines.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

8. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I do not envy your upcoming leg routines.
    Its for experimental purposes. I plan to get the striations and full roundness. It will all depend on timing, diet and training. One day will spent in the 3 range, another 8 range and last in the 5 range. Depending on how well my lower back feels will determine how long I do them 3 times a week. Also the amount of walking in the plant, where I work.

Today:
    Chest/Back/Delts/Arms

Focused on bench
    135x20, 135x15, 225x10, 315x5, 405x1, 405x1
    Stopped due to severe pain in rotator cuff. Been dealing with it for weeks now.
    Moved to T-Bar Rows
    4Pl x 10
    5Pl x 10
    6Pl x 8
    7Pl x 8 {Shocked at this, prior to surgery couldn't get more than3-5, no straps or belt}
    Rear Delt Cable crossover
    45lbs x 4 x 15
    Next exercise was:
    Lat Pulldowns Wide Grip
    120 x 4 x 15
    Lat Pulldowns Close Grip
    100 x 4 x 12
    Cable Crossover High Grip
    80lbs x 4 x 15
    Seated Cable Crossover
    120lbs x 4 x 15
    Delt Side Raise
    20lbs x 3 x 30
    Bent over Db Raise
    35lbs x 3 x 30
    Db Curl
    35lbs x 4 x 10

Called it a day. Im sure there were a few things I left out but the above is the gist of the workout I did today. Somewhat angry about my injury. Ben 4 weeks since I've been able to be an iron warrior. I guess i will finally admit I'm hurting and back off benching. This is terrible, since I don't want to lose my bench numbers. Sacrificing it is what this sport is all about.

9. You doing and pre/rehab for the shoulders?

10. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    You doing and pre/rehab for the shoulders?
    Everyday! I do a bodyweight style rehab before every chest:back workout. My back got so strong over past few months because of it. I probably could have pulled 8 plates with the close grip bar but I'll save it for next month.
    Im on a serious cut/recomp. At end of summer I'll post pictures. Im leaning beautifully. Im also utilizing some special supps. No pro-hormones either or steroids. There is a company out there that has some nice products most don't know about. I can't explain to you how fast I'm losing stubborn body fat. They have a formulation for energy, which is helping me get through 12Hr shifts, 2hr workouts and minimal sleep. Im still remaining strong. I would say I can't wait but let's not skip over this beautiful weather for my end result. Ill keep posting through my rehab.
    I got plans and biggest is to get more beef on the wheels.

11. Its my off weekend and guess what I'm doing? Enjoying the sounds of pitter pattering feet and tiny voices, with cat meows and dog barking. Recovering from a long 1.5 weeks away from family. Its spring time and the sun is not out but showering with the last days of April Rain. It smells and feels good. Enjoying the peacefulness and calmness of being able to hear, look, feel and touch. The blessings of living and being able to provide for my family. Enjoying the fit life at 42 and stronger than ever. Continuing to research and experiment with my diet and exercise to chisel out the muscle that has been covered by fat for the past 15yrs. Im bringing something no one will expect. More will accuse me of off the wall drugs and abuse. Others will scratch their heads in disbelief. A few will take the time to ask to find out, what I know and what they can do to improve their health. I'll welcome all with open arms because for the longest time I preached it and no one listened. I figure by the grave of God I will show them. Even my wife is a non-believer. Little by little it's melting off. By summer end I will be on another level.

12. Yesterday had a great workout. Stepped up my game and decided on a mock 16 week prep without a coach to fine tune my physique. The goal is to shed bodyfat and maintain strength while preparing for a Powerlifting meet. Why the 16 weeks. Well it's main focus is on physique.

Back
    Deadlifts: 5 sets x 5 reps
    Incline Prone Row: 4 sets x 8-15 reps
    Cable Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps

Chest
    Incline Bench Press: 4 sets x 8 – 15 reps {240lbs, 260lbs, 280lbs, 280lbs}
    Machine flat press: 4 sets x 12 – 15 reps
    Cable flyes: 3 sets x 12 – 15 reps

Arms
    Bicep EZ Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps
    EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 3 sets x 15 reps,
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 15-20 reps
    Rope Pressdown: 3 sets x 15 reps

Diet:
    Consists of clean eating, 3-4 meals. 1 to 2 protein shakes. Getting 5 to 6 hours sleep depending on how often my toddlers wake up.

13. Training:
    Yesterday was Back/Arm Day since I left them out so far this week. It will be a major volume day. In an attempt to hit them in multiple angles as well as back. Been placing emphasis on back to build pull-up strength to massive proportion. Again Summer 16 is here and I plan to surprise many people.

Back
    Ladder Climb DB Rack Run: 35lbs, 45lbs, 55lbs, 65lbs, 75lbs, 85lbs, 95lbs x 8 Reps Each
    Reverse Ladder Run: 90lbs, 80lbs, 70lbs, 60lbs, 50lbs, 40lbs, 30lbs x 15 Reps Each

Wide Grip Pulldown: 4 sets x 15 reps
    Close Grip Pulldown: 4 sets x 8 reps
    Low Cable Pull: 8 sets x 15 reps

Arms
    Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 35lbs x 15 sets {15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4 ,3,2,1 reps}

Motivation: How Bad Do You Want
    https://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ
  14. REST DAY May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Training
    Hit the gym yesterday and had to come work a 12HR shift. I'm feeling it. It was a second leg day. I'm on t he tail end, with just 30 minutes left but it's been rough walking, sitting or even trying to stay awake.

Quads/Hammies

Squats: Air Squats x10
    Bar x 10
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 05 x 05
    225 x 10 x 03

Standing Leg Curl
    5 x 15
  15. 5/10/2016

Sqwat Day 1 {Squat}....Rebuilding the WHEELS!
    All Beltless....#ThisIsSummer16 #LeanUp #TeamTitan

135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 05
    405 x 01
    315 x 05 x 3 {SETS}
    135 x 20 x 3

Deadlift
    365lbs x 1
    365lbs x 1
    365lbs x 1

Seated Leg Curl
    180lbs x 8 x 4{SETS}
  16. 5/14/16

Leg Day #2
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 05
    405 x 01
    315 x 05
    225 x 10
    135 x 10

Deadlift
    365lbs x 1
    365lbs x 1
    395lbs x 1

Seated Leg Curl
    180lbs x 8 x 4{SETS}
  17. HokiePride...{The Return}...2016

In middle of a 7 day rest period until Friday evening and it's leg day again!

18. Rest Period Over as of Tuesday of this week. Working on Leaning for Summer 16'.

19. First workout of this coming month will occur tomorrow. It will begin with legs. Still on track with goals to lean up by end of summer. I'm setting a goal of September 1st.
    This has been a rough journey. Each time I hit a major mark and get back on track things seem to get a bit rough outside the gym. I will always do my best to maintain. Until next time peeps.

20. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    First workout of this coming month will occur tomorrow. It will begin with legs. Still on track with goals to lean up by end of summer. I'm setting a goal of September 1st.
    This has been a rough journey. Each time I hit a major mark and get back on track things seem to get a bit rough outside the gym. I will always do my best to maintain. Until next time peeps.
    Thats how my life seems to go too. The important thing is to keep getting back up every time you fall down. Ive got legs on tap for tomorrow too. SQUATS

21. Smashed Legs today. I'm shocked since being out the gym and haven't hit legs in the past 2.5 weeks. I was off for last 10 of 11 days Hit chest once in the middle of that time period and was basically resting. I loved the session, no belt or wraps, pure strength.

Legs Squats-Day 1 for the week
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    405 x 05

Deadlift
    365 x 1
    405 x 1
    425 x 1

Leg Extensions: 3 x 15
    Leg Curls: 3 x 15 @ 100lbs

Will build on this until 405 @ 10 reps is normal in the squat chain. All summer this is my focus. Lean and sculpted wheels is what I'm looking for. Building that base, the foundation of strength. I also, trained fasted today and will try to do so even with my 'f' up schedule.

22. Did a quick session today. Consisted of back/chest/delts. Mainly upper body as a core set to hit the upper portion which involves everything for pullups. gearing up my strength to hit pullups again. By hitting chest and back same day it accents that wide and thick V taper.

Straight Arm Pulldown/ss Face Pulls: 4 x 15, 60lbs-100lbs
    Chest Press {Single, Double Arm}: 2PL, 4PL, 6PL, 8PL X 15
    CLose Grip Pulldown: 75lbs, 4 x 15
    Wide Grip Pulldown: 75lbs, 4 x 15
    Lateral Raise: 30lbs @ 3 x 30
    Rear Delt Raise: 30lbs @ 3 x 30

23. Well, It's Monday and just arrived at work following a long weekend. We are still trying to sell our house after a year on the market. Job on the rocks and yet I don't see my wife and kids like I want to since we are still not moved. This is a terrible time in our life right now but at least we have income for the moment. Praying my job will remain intact after the company completes the sale and we can still work on getting moved back to our hometown. Anyways, took the wife and kids out to Red Lobster for her Birthday (June 9), basically wrote my mother a text on her birthday {June 10}. Like I explained before our family dynamics right now is unexplainable. The travel I've been doing in the last year and sleeping at my mother in laws house is the saving grace for my family. Yet, no one on my side has reached out even to ask how things are going. Well such is life.

On another note, down 13lbs. Looked up my weight when I last competed in February. I weighed in at 279lb, I'm currently 266lb. All bf lost, strength maintained and getting more and more lean. Definitely in legs is getting deeper and belly is getting smaller. Moobs are disappearing. I will say end of summer initial goal will be reached. This has been done with minimal to no cardio.

24. Fathers Day has passed and birthday coming in a couple days. Turning 43, June 22. It's a milestone yet our lives are turned upside down. We are living, guess it's better than the alternative.Stay up all. Squats/Deads tonight.

25. Happy Fathers Day Hokie, and happy birthday too
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
  2. The Return Of Saluu
    By ryano in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 01:46 AM
  3. Pride USA - the Return of Fedor
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 04:08 PM