Let's give this another go.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been gone from here for a while due to my profession. I have time to come back and start logging again. I should be more faithful now than I have over the past year+.
Quick back-brief...
I've been in an army training program since June of 2014 and it hasn't done a whole lot to help my level of fitness. I'm at a point now where the gym is a regular thing again and I'm not just carrying a heavy ruck anymore.
All of my numbers have gone way down, but it's time to turn that around again.
I'll be following a 5/3/1ish program for strength and using Crossfit as well for metabolic conditioning.
I have multiple injuries and am doing my best to work around them. The most major of them is my left shoulder. About two years ago I hurt it and only recently got an MRI done. As of last week, I have a torn infraspinatus and supraspinatus (both 8mm at insertion), a torn labrum, grade 2 AC separation and bursitis. I got an injection into both the shoulder joint and the AC yesterday so hopefully I'm good for a couple of months at least. Eventually it'll mean surgery.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451404327.282918.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451404760.594602.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcomme back

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome back buddy. I've dealt with lingering AC issues since after separating mine In 2004. Hopefully you have better luck with yours. Glad to see you back around man

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Below is the workout for last night. I did power snatches instead of the recommended squat snatches. Finished in 20:43

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451492416.372934.jpg

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know how to multi quote now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got myself a little supplement starter kit. First supps I've taken in over a year. Thanks dude.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451515848.432257.jpg

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this real life?
Yes sir, it is. Had to take a leave of absence to tend to some business on the work front.
Welcomme back
Thank you Thomas!
Hello Sir.
Welcome back buddy. I've dealt with lingering AC issues since after separating mine In 2004. Hopefully you have better luck with yours. Glad to see you back around man
Thanks Dan. I haven't had good luck with mine so far. I've had multiple injections to this point. Both of the 8mm tears are at the ligament and not the muscle, so it has never been inactive long enough to repair. It's whatever though, maybe eventually it'll pop and I'll be forced to go under the knife.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for some crossfit madness!
Hi J! Hope you're doing well and that Santa was great to you. I'll try not to disappoint.
....in .. nice dessert and nice supp stash!
Hi Simon! Unfortunately I didn't get to eat any of that cheesecake. I made it for a friend's Xmas party.
It's good that you can admit that, that's usually the hardest part.
I've learned to embrace it lately.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451572717.585395.jpg

Last night's work.
95,105,115,125,135 (small weight, I know)
Finished 9 rounds on the dot.

No gym tonight, flying to Vegas in a couple of hours.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452042416.769603.jpg

27:30ish. Something during this workout made me want to give up but I can't put my finger on it. Couldn't have been four days worth of Vegas buffets though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like it was a great trip!

Yes ma'am, it was pretty fun until I started losing money. It happens though. I like Vegas a lot.

What's up brother! I am in this bad boy. Good to have you back around! We will probably be training quite similarly considering the strength and conditioning focus. That has been my new focus for about 6 months now.

Pop in on my training log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
Thanks dude. Good to see you still at it. I popped in. Looks like I was first.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see you back. :)

What is this app? :)
Thank you ma'am. It's good to have the time to be back.
The app is Wodify. If you pay the ridiculous price to join a Crossfit gym/box, you get Wodify, which posts your workouts for the day. It also tracks progress, results, PRs and a bunch of other stuff. I'll post my workouts everyday with that app. It's pretty cool, I guess. If you're into that sort of thing.

On a different note... Milehigh Kratom. Yellow Vietnam. Yes. Absolutely yes.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. It was prepared for me a couple of years ago. I'll have to be intuitive enough to make my own changes because the dude who prepared it isn't alive anymore.
I recognized that set up as soon as I read it. That was the standard Snags set up. You will lean up nicely on it.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recognized that set up as soon as I read it. That was the standard Snags set up. You will lean up nicely on it.
Yeah man, I saved an email from him that he sent a couple of years back. The eating plan did me well when I used it back then, I'm sure I can make better results this time around with a little more discipline.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452561901.301672.jpg

Here's today's workout.
135x5
155x5
175x5

I completed 5 rounds +35 reps.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good news. Back on prescription test for the first time in well over a year. No more being tired for no reason.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my favs. It seems to last longer opened as well.
Gotta admit, it's pretty damn good. I never had the issue with them going bad until I let it sit for a year. I think anything goes bad under those circumstances though.
That sounds bomb.
It is. It tastes much better than the apple flavor and that was already pretty good.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452648685.114287.jpg

This was today's workout. 1 round was 7 times through the whole sequence without dropping/letting go of the bar. You could not rest with the bar on the ground.
My sets were, in pounds...
45, 75, 85, 95, 115. I probably could have gotten 125 but 115 was enough for the night. Soon I'll get back up to man weight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1452745544.364023.jpg

Today's workout posted above. :20 on :10 off for four minutes for each exercise. We didn't alternate exercises like a normal tabata workout. I totaled 166 reps. Thought I'd do better than that. Bench numbers were not remarkable. I'll post those next time. Let it be known, my 1RM is stupid.

This kratom stuff, pretty awesome. Tastes not so awesome but the feeling it invokes is very nice.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453225162.969418.jpg

This was Friday's workout. I don't remember how long it took me to complete. It sucked and I hurt my lower back.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453225085.733274.jpg

Here's last night's workout. It took me 7:13 and it shouldn't have. I did more squat sets than recommended. Light weight because I still suck.

135x10
185x7
205x3
215x3
185x7
135x12

I don't like this new app format.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1453256747.597802.jpg

Here's tonight's workout. 1 scoop stimul8 and 516 reps. Almost paid a visit to puke city. Glad that's over.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Sweet Tits! We miss you get in here and stick around!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Sweet Tits! We miss you get in here and stick around!
I'm still around Holmes. Shlt got real busy with this transition and a bunch of other crap came up including a not so happy lower back. I'm back in the gym tonight though so I'll post again in a bit.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good deal, just gotta bother you to make sure you are still around. Hope that lower back loosens up!