KLEEN - STRONG BODY STRONG MIND!

Page 56 of 57 First ... 54555657 Last

1. Morning Fellow Iron Minds!

Just going to update a bit, I did not get up this morning to lift, Trinity has a big test today and I did not want to make her get up at 4:00AM and then go take a test. She was pretty tired last night from adjusting to getting up at 4:00 AM as well as the time change this weekend. So I wanted to give her a better chance at a good grade. I think it is one of those stupid state measurement tests done pretty much just to get the schools more money but it is considered important either way.

Anyway my physique is making some changes, slimmer waistline and what not but no abs or anything coming in yet. Skin is looser now and will catch back up in a few weeks. Then we will see the abs poking out. I can not seem to keep glycogen in my system, I remain flat all day except for during my workout when shuttling in carbs nonstop throughout.

Peri-workout nutrition has been as below:
    30 minutes Pre-workout - Have Pre-Workout of choice
    15 minutes Pre Workout= BCAA, 18g sugar from koolaid = 18g carbs

My intra shake is mixed in 1/2 gallon of water and comprised of
    32g Koolaid Mix, 2 50g scoops of carb powder mix comprised of 20% HCBD, 20% Dextrose, and 60% Maltodextrin = 132g carbs
    2 scoops whey isolate = 54g Protein
    54p and 150c

Post is:
    2 scoops Isolate 54g Protein
    1 scoops carb powder mix 50g
    1 Package Pop Tarts 74g carbs
    54p
    124c

Peri Workout totals - 108g protein, 274g carbs

If trained in AM 1 hour later a mixed macro whole food meal of about 50g pro, and carb, 30-50g of healthy fats. This meal is where I might add in some oats, or potatoes for carbs, and natural organic butter for fats. Start slowing down the carbs and switch over to stabilizing a lower blood sugar level for the rest of the day.

When I train in the evenings most of my post workout nutrition is based on powders simply due to digestive issues. I tend to get acid reflux when I have large meals just before lying down. So at night time the more liquid nutrition I can get in then the better. I just tend to get a normal size meal in and get the rest via supplementation.

Anyway I am currently taking in over 300g of carbs on training days and due to recent research have been burning right through it and remaining kind of flat during the days... so that is pretty interesting.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Okay two workouts to update here. I have to admit I have not really been keeping track of any of my weights recently. I have been going in knowing what the focus of the day is for me and then pushing myself on that aspect.

Last night was an Upper Body Pump Workout.
    Varied Tempo, & 60 seconds rest periods...
    On pump day the warm up sets are mildly challenging like an RPE 7 & then 8.
    Pump Sets in this workout are done into partials... IE 10-15 full rom, 5 partials, 5 F Rom, 5 partials 3 full rom, 5 partials, etc...

5 minutes Liss to break a sweat...

Hoist Isolateral Rows 2 WU sets 45lb plate per side, Pump Set 70lbs x 1
    Hoist Isolateral Lat Pulls - Same as above
    Single side Occluded Lat Stretch

DB Scott Press - 2 Warm Ups, Work Set 45lbs x 1 Pump Set
    Nautilas Lateral Raise 2 semi challenging warm ups, 2 Full on Pump sets separated by a 30 second rest
    Rear Delt Fly machine 2 warm ups and 1 pump set
    Occluded Delt Stretches, this took about 10 minutes to stretch each head of the delt one arm at a time...

Hoist Isolateral Chest press
    - 2 warm ups, and 1 Pump set
    Hoist Isolateral Decline Press 1 Pump Set
    Hoist Straight Arm Pec Dec 2 warm ups and 1 pump set
    Pec Stretches

Body Weight Dips 2 warm ups and 1 Pump set
    Triceps Stretch

Man I was looking huge last night and definitely seeing increased vascularity. Things are tightening up for sure!

This mornings lift was:
    Leg Load Day - 2 minutes rest between work sets.
    Warm Ups were challenging 7&8 RPE and done on leg curls and leg extensions prior to warming up thighs, then work sets followed the first thigh work set. I had to do it this way as there was really no way for me to hold all 3 machines to do a complex.

Warms ups superset
    Leg Ext WU x2
    Leg Curl WU x2

Leg Press Warm Up x3, then

Leg Press 10 plates x12, rest 2 min
    Leg Ext 220x10, rest 2 min
    Leg Curls 200x11, rest 2 min
    Leg Press 12 plates x13 - Move quickly to stetches... also add 50 lbs next time...
    Occluded Hamstring and Quad stretches

Adductors 2 Warm Ups, 170x13 go up
    Occluded Adductor Stretch

Calf - 2 warm ups, and 220kg x 11
    Calf Stretch

Man I was feeling good at the end of this. Yeah the frequency is high but the volume is not insane, and the intensity on the one or 2 hard work sets gives me great joy!!!! Tomorrow will be a load day for Upper Body, should be fun. I am going to use my Slingshot and do some flat bench!!!! I miss the barbell in my hands right now...
    Current Training Log -
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Okay two workouts to update here. I have to admit I have not really been keeping track of any of my weights recently. I have been going in knowing what the focus of the day is for me and then pushing myself on that aspect.

Last night was an Upper Body Pump Workout.
    Varied Tempo, & 60 seconds rest periods...
    On pump day the warm up sets are mildly challenging like an RPE 7 & then 8.
    Pump Sets in this workout are done into partials... IE 10-15 full rom, 5 partials, 5 F Rom, 5 partials 3 full rom, 5 partials, etc...

5 minutes Liss to break a sweat...

Hoist Isolateral Rows 2 WU sets 45lb plate per side, Pump Set 70lbs x 1
    Hoist Isolateral Lat Pulls - Same as above
    Single side Occluded Lat Stretch

DB Scott Press - 2 Warm Ups, Work Set 45lbs x 1 Pump Set
    Nautilas Lateral Raise 2 semi challenging warm ups, 2 Full on Pump sets separated by a 30 second rest
    Rear Delt Fly machine 2 warm ups and 1 pump set
    Occluded Delt Stretches, this took about 10 minutes to stretch each head of the delt one arm at a time...

Hoist Isolateral Chest press
    - 2 warm ups, and 1 Pump set
    Hoist Isolateral Decline Press 1 Pump Set
    Hoist Straight Arm Pec Dec 2 warm ups and 1 pump set
    Pec Stretches

Body Weight Dips 2 warm ups and 1 Pump set
    Triceps Stretch

Man I was looking huge last night and definitely seeing increased vascularity. Things are tightening up for sure!

This mornings lift was:
    Leg Load Day - 2 minutes rest between work sets.
    Warm Ups were challenging 7&8 RPE and done on leg curls and leg extensions prior to warming up thighs, then work sets followed the first thigh work set. I had to do it this way as there was really no way for me to hold all 3 machines to do a complex.

Warms ups superset
    Leg Ext WU x2
    Leg Curl WU x2

Leg Press Warm Up x3, then

Leg Press 10 plates x12, rest 2 min
    Leg Ext 220x10, rest 2 min
    Leg Curls 200x11, rest 2 min
    Leg Press 12 plates x13 - Move quickly to stetches... also add 50 lbs next time...
    Occluded Hamstring and Quad stretches

Adductors 2 Warm Ups, 170x13 go up
    Occluded Adductor Stretch

Calf - 2 warm ups, and 220kg x 11
    Calf Stretch

Man I was feeling good at the end of this. Yeah the frequency is high but the volume is not insane, and the intensity on the one or 2 hard work sets gives me great joy!!!! Tomorrow will be a load day for Upper Body, should be fun. I am going to use my Slingshot and do some flat bench!!!! I miss the barbell in my hands right now...
    Excellent work!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Excellent work!
    Thanks Brother! It was fun... I am really enjoying the workouts right now. Sure they are meant to be done at once in about 90 minutes but I am enjoying doing them in half daily for 45 minutes. In the end the volume will be the same, or maybe even a little higher as I won't be fatigued...
    Current Training Log -

5. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Thanks Brother! It was fun... I am really enjoying the workouts right now. Sure they are meant to be done at once in about 90 minutes but I am enjoying doing them in half daily for 45 minutes. In the end the volume will be the same, or maybe even a little higher as I won't be fatigued...
    True! 45Min. of high intensity can be done. after that it drops off quite a bit. I know when I do my 2 hr. full body WO I always hit my 2 lagging body parts first. Well at least after legs. I always hit legs first or I might as well not even hit them.

Don't what to end up like this!
    Name:  friends.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  111.1 KB
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    True! 45Min. of high intensity can be done. after that it drops off quite a bit. I know when I do my 2 hr. full body WO I always hit my 2 lagging body parts first. Well at least after legs. I always hit legs first or I might as well not even hit them.

Don't what to end up like this!
    Name:  friends.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  111.1 KB
    Caption Contest and GO!!!

"Six months in a wheelchair and not one leg workout missed!"

"Cuz I don't work legs!!!!"
    Current Training Log -

7. Name:  fun.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  77.9 KB

8. They call a guy like this here "cucurucho".

Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Name:  fun.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  77.9 KB
    Haha, and what is worse is those damn short shorts. I mean if you have some serious legs I can see why you might want to show them off. However with legs like this... Sweat pants!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    They call a guy like this here "cucurucho".

LOL My Dad you to comment that those guys were shaped like rail road spikes...
    Current Training Log -

10. Hey man, i just saw on instagram that elitefts is having a 55% off sale on bands. Good time to pick some up for hangs if you are still interested.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Hey man, i just saw on instagram that elitefts is having a 55% off sale on bands. Good time to pick some up for hangs if you are still interested.
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks! I will get in on that for sure. Which ones did you recommend I pick up again? I am not overly familiar with them or how much resistance each band has or the appropriate resistance to suspend myself by one.
    Current Training Log -

12. Seeing that you have the MD band set (I believe I remember you saying that) you could probably just get the Pro Strong band. That alone might work and if not adding in one of the pro lights that came with the MD pack would be perfect.
    Training log:

13. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Seeing that you have the MD band set (I believe I remember you saying that) you could probably just get the Pro Strong band. That alone might work and if not adding in one of the pro lights that came with the MD pack would be perfect.
    Great thanks!!!! Even if it has to go on the card I am picking one up!

11/9/17 - Upper Body Load Day: 2 minutes rest, done as straight sets today. Varied tempo but typically 2-3 second negative and 1 second concentric contractions.

Hoist TBar Rows - 45x12, 70x12, 90x12, 115x12, 135x12
    - barely got last rep
    Hoist Assisted Pullups - -95x12, -75x12, -55x11 - did these with a slower tempo more like 3-0-1-0
    Single Arm Occluded Lat Stretch - 60 secs

Paused Slingshot Flat Bench - Warm Ups 135x12, 185x12, 225x12, 235x7 - Tempo 2-1-1-0 nice burn and pump here!!!!
    Hoist Isolateral Incline Chest Press - No Warm Up - 90ps x11
    Hoist Straight Arm Pec Fly - 130x12, 170x8
    Occluded Pec Stretches

Hoist Isolateral Shoulder Press 45PSx12, 70x12, 80x7
    Nautilus Delt Raise - 40kg x12, 50kg x12, 55kg x7
    Nautilus Deltoid Reverse Fly - 40kg x 12, 50kg x9
    Occluded Delt Stretches front medial and rear.

Hoist Seated Dip Machine - 265x12, 285x8
    Occluded Triceps Stretch

This workout was a beast. I really enjoyed it and am figuring some of my weights out a bit on these new machines. Definitely going to push up the weight on anything my final set was close to 12 since the rep range here is 6-12 reps. I need to be failing a little earlier on some of these things. Well I should say for my preference that is.

Flat Bench felt pretty good once I put the slingshot on after 185. I am hoping it gets to where I can lift this bad boy without a slingshot again. If not no big deal. Right now it is all about hypertrophy, and not strength or specific movements.
    Current Training Log -

14. Dont wanna copy that whole post, but i think the strong band is less than 15$ on that sale.
    Training log:

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Great thanks!!!! Even if it has to go on the card I am picking one up!

11/9/17 - Upper Body Load Day: 2 minutes rest, done as straight sets today. Varied tempo but typically 2-3 second negative and 1 second concentric contractions.

Hoist TBar Rows - 45x12, 70x12, 90x12, 115x12, 135x12
    - barely got last rep
    Hoist Assisted Pullups - -95x12, -75x12, -55x11 - did these with a slower tempo more like 3-0-1-0
    Single Arm Occluded Lat Stretch - 60 secs

Paused Slingshot Flat Bench - Warm Ups 135x12, 185x12, 225x12, 235x7 - Tempo 2-1-1-0 nice burn and pump here!!!!
    Hoist Isolateral Incline Chest Press - No Warm Up - 90ps x11
    Hoist Straight Arm Pec Fly - 130x12, 170x8
    Occluded Pec Stretches

Hoist Isolateral Shoulder Press 45PSx12, 70x12, 80x7
    Nautilus Delt Raise - 40kg x12, 50kg x12, 55kg x7
    Nautilus Deltoid Reverse Fly - 40kg x 12, 50kg x9
    Occluded Delt Stretches front medial and rear.

Hoist Seated Dip Machine - 265x12, 285x8
    Occluded Triceps Stretch

This workout was a beast. I really enjoyed it and am figuring some of my weights out a bit on these new machines. Definitely going to push up the weight on anything my final set was close to 12 since the rep range here is 6-12 reps. I need to be failing a little earlier on some of these things. Well I should say for my preference that is.

Flat Bench felt pretty good once I put the slingshot on after 185. I am hoping it gets to where I can lift this bad boy without a slingshot again. If not no big deal. Right now it is all about hypertrophy, and not strength or specific movements.
    Damn bro! Nice work! I think I'm sore just from reading it.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Damn bro! Nice work! I think I'm sore just from reading it.
    Thanks @Studhorse!!!! I am really enjoying it. Plenty volume in the actual workout but not too much per body part. Makes a repeat session in 2 days extremely doable. I have a feeling as I get better with this I am really going to enjoy it. Once I learn my weights a bit I will be more efficient with the workout and it will take less time so I can do other things like mobility and what not.
    Current Training Log -

17. Okay Gents time for a real update... Well one with pics and stuff. First I will go through my workouts from the weekend. They were both Muscle Round workouts and one was Semi-Full body and the other was Full Body. I don't have my numbers with me at work but will try and give the gyst of what was done.

For anyone new to the log Muscle Rounds are a weight that you max out around 15 reps done for 4 reps every 10 seconds for 6 rounds until failure then the weight is dropped for the remaining muscle rounds to avoid failure...

Friday - Full Body w/ Upper Body focus

Chest Press
    Straight Arm Pec Deck
    Stretch

HOist - Iso Lat Pull Machine
    Hoist Iso Mid Row
    Stretch

DB SHoulder Press
    Side Raise Machine
    Rear Delts x Pump
    Stretches

Leg Press - V Press 5 plates per side
    Stretch

Triceps Ext
    Stretch

Saturday Full Body Leg & Arm Focus

Chins
    Precor Iso Rows
    Stretch

HS Chest Press
    HS Pec FLy
    Stretch

Side Raises
    Rear Delt FLy
    Stretches

Super set
    Concentration Curl Machine
    - had to laugh during the final set my nose started bleeding. Need to stop picking it I guess. BP remains fine.
    OH Triceps Machine

Super Set
    Overhead Curl Machine
    Triceps Ext Machine
    Stretch Arms

Leg Press - Wide and Low - 6p +10 per side
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curls
    Quad and Ham Stretches

Adductor Machine

Calves Raise
    Stretch

Yeah, I was at the gym for about 2 hours including the warm up, it was enjoyable and a long workout!!!!

Not going to mention this much, and don't want tons of discussion on it in here, but current PEDS are in the 3rd week @ TE 300, EQ @ 600mg, and as of Saturday Var @60mg for the next 6 weeks. If sides are not an issue I might add in 15mg of DMZ in the AM... Really keeping things more mild. My goal is to come in for Classic and not full on bodybuilding so I may need to diet down to 185 and don't want to overshoot that. Considering Thus far I am not really seeing anything from the PEDs, but that is to be expected with EQ and with the test @ 300 it is not going to be packing on anything quickly either... I am really just trying to control androgen levels here, especially during the times I am home. Part of the reason why I am only contemplating the addition of the DMZ. It has a decent androgenic profile and the half life of 16 hours leaves it still pretty strong in the evening. With my mother in law at the house I find myself in more frustrating situations. So I feel keeping the androgenic traits lower when I am around the house is probably a smart idea. I am not worried about becoming extremely aggressive or anything but no need to do anything that could make me short tempered in that situation. I know my BS tolerance drops much lower when on cycle. I just have much less patience for BS or excuses... Even my own! So I am using the Know Thyself method and limiting anything within my control that could cause issues like that during the evenings when all hell is typically breaking loose at the house. LOL

Current Supplementation:
    Ubiquinol 100mg
    Gun Show Supplements Clear x 3 servings - 750 TUDCA / 750 NAC,
    Cialis 5mg for prostate
    Nettle Root for Prostate & Urinary tract
    Metformin 500mg x2
    Transform 100mg day
    Magnesium + B Vitamin complex
    Regular Blood Donations to manage Hematocrit as mine tends to run high.

Alright time for the rest of the update!

Starting weight 3 weeks ago 215

Current weight 203.7 - total lost 11.3 lbs
    Waist is down 2 inches at belt line and 3 at waist line, and vascularity is coming up quickly.

Name:  Front relaxed.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  66.7 KBName:  Side Relaxed.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  FDB.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  96.0 KBName:  RDB.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  94.5 KB

It is really hard for me to see a ton of progress here because I have lost so much circumference in my waist that I am wanting to see some abs peak out. I am also just flat as hell. No matter if I hit up 400g of carbs the night before I am waking up flat, just running right through it. However once in the gym and pounding carbs I inflate like a parade float!
    Anyway other than circumference and a lot better vascularity I am seeing more detail and tightness in my back and that is probably the most prominent thing I noted.

Also I am still dealing with this damn pinched nerve in my lower back and it is making it hard to control and contract my abs. Especially in the morning when these pics were taken. Basically I can't really contract the abs without pain in the lower back when I first get up. After about an hour or two I am good to go, or a thorough warm up pre workout. However just waking up and walking around is still a painful situation right now. I have been to the chiro twice now but think I may need to go see my ART guy. If he can't sort it out then it is time to see an ortho and get an MRI to make sure I haven't tweaked a disc or something. Right now though I think it is just a pinched nerve.

I also feel I am holding a bit of water right now. I may need to increase my TransFORM dose, or just move on over to low dose AI.
    Current Training Log -

18. Lookin pretty good brother!

19. Looking Big My Man !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com

20. Looking good Chris.. nice work man.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Lookin pretty good brother!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Looking Big My Man !!
    Gracias Rocket, we got to do it big for the Old Man Strength guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Looking good Chris.. nice work man.
    Thanks Simon!

Okay I didn't mention this yesterday, but my lateral quad was hurting like a sonofabitch yesterday. It was right down by my knee and was really painful. I wasn't sure if a major injury, or just a bad shot on Saturday. When I injected there was not as much resistance as usual and I thought to myself "I wonder if that went into the muscle correctly.... I am guessing is did not because of the pain, and the fact that it feels much better today after working it a bit. On top of that my lower back was hurting so I opted for a rest day instead of a lower body load day. Today I went in and started out really easy while feeling things out, and kept things a little less intense on the Leg Press.

SEVERAL warm up sets for leg press
    Leg Press - 8x12, 10px12, 12px12, 12p x8

Unfortunately I did not bring my workout log with me today so I will just go from memory on the rest.

Lying Leg Curls - work sets - 110x12, 120x12, 130x12, 140x9
    Leg Extensions - work sets - 100kg x 12, 110kg x12, 120kg x11, 120kg x8

Adductors - 4 work sets last one to failure
    Abductors - 4 work sets last one to failure

Seated Bent Leg Calf Raise - 4 work sets last one to failure

SI Joint Reset Exercises - to help with SI related pain in lower back. Has been helping I started it yesterday and the improvement is already noticeable plus my gait is definitely improved today. I don't feel like I am stepping down into a hole every step now.
    Current Training Log -

22. You look great, Kleen.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

23. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    You look great, Kleen.
    IT IS ALIIIVVVVEEEEE! Welcome back Queen P!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    You look great, Kleen.
    Thanks Love!
    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    IT IS ALIIIVVVVEEEEE! Welcome back Queen P!
    I know right! Good to have her back!

Todays workout was an Upper Body Load day. I didn't take a pic of my log book so I don't have all numbers remembered. However strength is definitely coming up. Pumps are pretty good and I am getting compliments in the gym!!!!

Incline DB Bench 40x12, 45x12, 55x12, 65x12, 75x12 80x8 Weights starting to come up. I have to keep a slower tempo here to stabilize my shoulder so the labrum doesn't bitch at me.
    Hoist Pec FLy - 3 sets 6-12 reps last set to failure
    Occluded Chest Stretch 60 seconds

Nautilus Vertical Row Machine - 4 sets 6-12 reps last set to failure - definitely increased weight here. Don't remember final set weight...
    NG Assisted Pull Ups -40 x6
    Assisted Chin Ups -55x9

Occluded Lat Stretches

Hoist Shoulder Press - 4 sets 6-12 reps last set to failure - definitely increased weight here. Don't remember final set weight...
    Nautilus Side Raise - 40x12, 55x12, 60x12, 65x9
    Occluded Shoulder Stretches

Hoist Seated Dips - 180x12, 200x12, 220x12, 240x11
    Occluded Triceps Stretch

Kind of frustrated today I forgot my pop tarts in the toaster, and they are normally the last portion of my post workout carbs. So I am going to have to go grab some food here in a minute to get my carbs in.

Also the gym is actually pretty busy in the mornings so I am abandoning the idea of doing the Fortitude Training as it requires things done in a circuit or super set type of set up. I have been having to do straight sets instead. Rather than bastardizing it and saying I am doing FT, I will just take the things I like from it and incorporate that into how I lift. I may not be on a set program but will follow days of Load, Pump, and Cluster sets. for the body parts and splits because I really like getting all of those types of training. Right now what I am doing is working well but I am not cementing myself into anything specific so long as I track my progress on movements I should be good to go.
    Current Training Log -

25. Solid day in the gym Chris!

Good to see P back too
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The return and rebuild of a solid body and mind
    By anabolicge in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 01:28 AM
  2. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters