On the road to greatness

juandelabarra

Awards
I, like so many of us here, love lifting. It's become an obsession and like I don't have anyone to talk about lifting all day, you guys shall become my bros and brahs(sis?)

In here I'll post my training, diet, supp stack, musings, world domination plans, etc.

A bit of background: I'm 24 years old male at 5'8". I been lifting since June 2015 and got into it looking for an adrenaline rush (deadlift death set ftw!).

Before lifting I got my rush, first by going around at night and doing graffiti but the trade off was too bad so I dropped that. After that it was downhill skateboarding but after a broken elbow and a lot of bruises I wanted to find another way to get my fix.

So I began lifting The Iron and thus began my journey onto greatness. Greatness being that I'm going to become an elite powerlifter.

juandelabarra

Awards
Current lifting stats(1RPM)-

Back squat- 245 pounds
Bench press- 205 pounds
Deadlift- 315 pounds
OH press- 105 pounds
Push press- 135 pounds

Current supp stack-
Chaos and Pain's Cannibal Inferno AMP (3 caps in the morning) I use it as my morning coffee.

CNP's Ferox (1 scoop 15 min pre workout)

And the usuals fish oil, whey isolate, etc.

juandelabarra

Awards
Today's workout-
(numbers are pounds)
Back squats- 225 x 10 singles and 4 doubles for a total of 18 reps
OH Press- 105 x 5 x 1(singles)
95 x 5 x 2(doubles)
85 x 5 x 3(triples)
Bent over row- 135 x 5 x 5
Back squat- 4x10 with 165
OH Press- 4x10 with 65
Bent over row- 4x10 with 95
Back squat- 3x20 with 95
OH Press- 3x20 with 55
Bent over row- 3x20 with 75

And I'm exhausted beyond measure but I loved it!

juandelabarra

Awards
Did a morning workout with the miss to get the blood flowing.

Bw Lunges- 5 x 10 per leg
Bw squats- 5 x 10
Bw calf raises- 4 x 25
Hypertension and leg raises supersetted- 5 x 10

About my diet, I'm doing a CKD loosely based on the Apex Predator diet by the guys at the Chaos and Pain blog (yes, I'm a big fan).
Basically I have 2 protein shakes during the day and eat half a chicken (about 1.5 pounds) for lunch and the other half (another 1.5 pounds) post workout. I do this monday to friday and carbload over the weekend.

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems to be helping with strength gains while keeping fat in check.

juandelabarra

Awards
Also, I used to be a really chubby kid (40" waist by middle school) by high school I wanted to change but didn't know how to, so I ended doing a low (low fat & low protein) calorie diet and ended really weak and skinny fat.

juandelabarra

Awards
Time for the pm workout
Bench press with (unweighted)pull ups - 205 x 10 x 1, 185 x 1x 5, 135 x 1 x 10
Straight bar dips with supported T bar row (with 55 pounds) - 5 sets of 10 reps each
Tricep push down (straight bar) with bicep curls - 5 sets of 20 reps each
Barbell Wrist curls- 5 sets to failure
Weighted leg raises with hyperextensions- 5 sets of 20 reps each

Tomorrow is deadlift day!

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well this journal fell flat on its arse, so I may as well take ownership as I, theCaptn', am also on a road to greatness.

Jesus knows why I hang out here, probably because it was the 1st forum I joined. A lot of supplement driven mania is hilarious, but each to his own.

I'm hoping my old mate Brofessorx drops by. He's a good man, and a good sharer :winkfinger:

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
So 3am training commenced with a vengeance. By that I mean I made it to the gym with no whinging.

I had a shot of 100mg t-Rex and my mate gave me a double scoop of some unknown PreWO. Poor level of fitness plus a near fatal overdose of stimulants made for an interesting leg training session.

We kept volume high, and being competitive kept going round for round. My mate has good flexibility and can get his arse well low. He's also a lot stronger than me, but as I pointed out my wheels are way bigger, and who gives a **** what the weight is?

Anyway, after a bunch of squats including at least three warm up sets, started throwing in walking lunges.

Next moved to leg press, interestingly his strength and ROM dropped right off. We still kept supersetting with lunges - with the trex and stims plus that hideous beta alanine playing havoc on my nerve endings, things started becoming a little uncomfortable but one a timeline kept pushing through.

The clock was ticking so decided to hit leg extensions with a light BB stiff legs. Again, old mates strength was lacking, considering he can squat damn heavy with depth. Interesting.

So we both wobbled out of there. I had DOMS within 5 hrs which is rare. 12hrs later I'm still stimmed, but Australia has banned any PreWO with interesting ingredients so I can't pin point what it was.

Anywho. Diet ready soon. I'm prepared for this.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Steeling/borrowing another journal, good to see. Killing those legs buddy. I do 3am sessions at work, it's all good once you get into a routine.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Lol thanks trav. Training in an empty gym is worth getting up for ;)

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lol in on it :boobies:

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for this brobalization!

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well I've finally got my program set out. Blood results are all good - including a previously elevated lipid profile back in line.

First stage in going to drop some BF. Cals aren't too bad, cardio reasonable. To begin with, things will escalate no doubt.

Gear wise all very reasonable- 250 test 250 mast 400 tren.

Don't foresee any issues going fwd. This will be a long haul!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Nice stack, probably will shred up very nicely. Are you not trying out that 1-test?

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well a couple of days in. Calorie restrictions aren't too bad yet. Training has been good I feel motivated.

I'll need to jumpstart this HIIT cardio before the tren e kicks in.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
That first real week of dieting is a motherfker.

I had my 1st real HIIT session after a brutal high volume arms workout. Only 20min cardio but it was a bit of a struggle lol.

After my postWO shake, did some chores then figured I better take the dog for a walk. Halfway through throwing sticks got hit by massive hunger pangs, had to pack the dog up and head home.

No fkg rice at hm so headed to the shops - insane cravings for all kind of sh1t I'd never dream of eating, man it felt for ever to prepare my meal. Loaded up with extra veges to fill me up.

The next week will be ok, I think. Once on a plan I'm good at sticking to it. All things considered it's been a bit of a soft start with eating plenty of things I usually do. Just restricted calories etc. Fun times!

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
3.30am pecs and cardio ... Wasn't too tough in the morning, during the day felt my metabolism cranked and I've definitely started to drop some water weight.

It's pm now, struggling with hunger a little. And tren irritability is kicking in. Don't bring your petty squabbles my way people! :)

Cardio tommorrow again, followed by rest day.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
3lbs in 5 days isn't a bad start.

The HIIT on tren is a drag to say the least :(

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
I tell you what my head is popping with this tren.

One week in and ready to ****ing snap at people. **** 3 shots and it's not even tren ace. Unbelievable.

I'm backing this off to 200mg per week.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea, if you're aggressive by nature (I am) it sets a short fuse.

Lol

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well things have settled down mentally a little.

My receptors are 4 months clean, but kicking in a week is unheard of. I haven't heard of tren enanth being overdosed but I'd say this Russian tren is def potent.

Current cycle is:

Test E 250mg

Mast E 250mg

Tren E 300mg (0.75ml X 2)

My test e (local) is definitely underdosed as well, but for the purposes of the cycle is fine.

Anyways, the weekend, higher carbs more calories. My little gift for shifting 7lbs in 2 weeks.

Another 4-6 weeks to go before lean bulking. Different compounds, dialed in nutrition. Fun times!

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Ahh good couple days training. Hit legs yesterday stuck to high reps for the cardio effect.

Warm up leg extensions 2x20
Then continued on front squats 3 X 15 until my knees felt mobile.
Switched to back squats moderate weight 6 X 20 - just kept pumping them out. That tren induced shortness of breath is a real ****er.
Moved to the leg press and hit super sets with SLDs as a starter. Got some reasonable weights moving considering low cals - start of that tren strength increases, which for me is subtle.

Pumped out 5 super sets then did some DB stationary lunges to finish off - quads were cooked.

Leg extensions again, just to make sure - 2x 25 reps. Then 5min cool down on the treddy.

Carbs never tasted so good.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
weight is shifting fast . . . flat as a pancake at 229lbs (-11lbs) in 3 weeks.

Keeping protein high at 300g/day, HIIT x 4 a week, weights x 3-4 a week.

Kinda miserable but in the zone.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
weight is shifting fast . . . flat as a pancake at 229lbs (-11lbs) in 3 weeks.

Keeping protein high at 300g/day, HIIT x 4 a week, weights x 3-4 a week.

Kinda miserable but in the zone.
Losing about 1.5kg a week, that's not bad at all. Do you have a weight your aiming for?

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Losing about 1.5kg a week, that's not bad at all. Do you have a weight your aiming for?
Another metric brother? Nice ;)

My real aim is to prime for a lean bulk, so I'm thinking around 102kg before changing compounds and hitting the cals. I should be around 12% by then I'm thinking.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well **** sometimes the unexpected happens ....

Today is a mod calorie/ high carb day which I usually reserve for legs. Get a decent wack of carbs in PreWO so expect an intense session, despite being in depletion all week.

Met up with this bull-sized natty bloke and decided to do deads together. Some decent warm ups, he's a bit shorter than me, say 5'9 - had great form very fluid.

Anywho I hit 400 for reps, twice. That's the heaviest I've been for years. I'm as sore as **** now, but didn't cook my lower back so the past 5 months focus on form has paid dividends.

I'm not really a big believer in tren strength, but it would have played a role - I'm so flat right now it's ridiculous. Whole dismorphia thing going.

Anywho, treated the rest of the workout as a leg workout. Hit the leg press, didn't get too much traction there, some smith hacks for high reps, followed by leg curls and extensions. Struggled to get a pump on, but sure a decent WO.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Leading into week 4, the tren sides seem to have abated, but my appetite is creeping up.

Fitness is pretty good, a little tren suppressed but the 20min HIIT is an easy run.

To space out my deadlift day with squats, in going tomorrow AM. The calories will be low, so I'll probably stick with volume leg press and walking lunges - make it more of a cardio session.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well strange **** happens, I've felt overwhelmingly euphoric during parts of the day, like the tren aggravation is being suppressed.

I'm guessing the mast e is kicking in, the timing is right.

But that raises questions on the tren. Is there short ester mixed in? Possibly. Who can say with those crafty Russians.

Carbs and cals tommorrow with deadlifts.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Things just keep getting better. I've calmed the fk down, deadlifts hit last weeks PR, then followed by a decent back workout - great endurance just kept pumping out the sets.

Weight is slightly down but have that knarly tren look going on.

Real happy with this coach, not too much cardio, don't feel miserable and getting results.

Looking fwd to S2hs package of dildoes

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Two ****ing days of visits and meetings. Presented with **** food and booze just drank water and starved. As in 3 meals rather than 6.

Managed to get some delts and cardio in this morning. Might hit some arms tom.

Also, left my gears at hm, so will be missing a pin this week. Double dose to catch up on Monday I guess.

Aiming to drop another 2-3lbs this week.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Training's been good on low carbs/cals .... Surprisingly. Good energy and recovery. Leaning out nicely. That's all I got.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Another week another couple of pounds down to 226lbs.

Kept the diet tight, training on point. Energy and strength is up.

Sat being a high carb/calorie day was slightly different, whereby I didn't have a large PreWO meal.

Hit deads and could tell things were lacking a little, still managed to pop up 375lbs for shaky reps lol.

Continued with BB shrugs, DB rows, tbar rows, wide grip pull downs, stiff arm cable pull downs and face pulls.

A good day to carb load, got in 400g from clean sources. Kinda keen to get off this tren.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
224lbs took a full weeks shot last night to make up for the shot I missed.

Fully noticed the tren impacting on my cardio and thermo. I'm convinced myself, and probably most people don't 'need' more than 200-300mg a week.

BF has been stripping off, and I've remained mostly side free once I dialed the dose back.

I'll be switching out the tren in a few weeks. Back to bulking agents and I've got an usual protocol to try out :)

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
So abs are starting to come through, some separation on my quads. Flat and un pumped at 224lbs.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Last week of the cut phase to go.

Dropping the carbs by 33%, more cardio, and a little clen to help me along.

Looking fwd to putting on some lbm.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Well I'm going to call it a day.

I got good results in 6 weeks with minimal gear. Happy with that.

It's time to get fat and lazy. Snort some creatine for fun etc.