DaPack..Fighting Age One Day at a Time

Page 33 of 36 First ... 3132333435 ... Last

1. we need more sleep!

2. September 21st, 2017 (Thursday)

Cardio; T: 25 mins, S: 25 mins (HIIT), E: 20 mins

September 22nd, 2017 (Friday)

Not touching a weight until next Thursday which is probably a good thing since I really have no motivation to lift right now. Just going to do cardio and also relax a little bit on my diet. Still have a ways to go with my body fat but getting really close to were I want to be. Depending on the time of day and what I ate is how good my abs look and quads. Here is a picture I took today.

Name:  MM092217.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  104.7 KB
    •   

3. Damn William you got ripped again. I figured you had to be super low BF. kind of blows my arms how well your arms keep up their size when your BF goes down like that.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    Damn William you got ripped again. I figured you had to be super low BF. kind of blows my arms how well your arms keep up their size when your BF goes down like that.
    Actually lost an 1" off my arms during the cut. Lower body fat seems to give the appearance of them being bigger than they are.

5. September 25th, 2017 (Monday)

Cardio; E: 60 mins

Did cardio at home today, really didn't feeling like going to the gym just to do cardio. So this week is a mock meet for me and going to run everything as I am doing a meet but everything will be a day earlier and testing my maxes on Friday. Going to try a different water cut since last time dragged it out for 4 days total. This time since I am weighing in on Thursday going to try and cut almost all the water Wednesday depending on what I weight tomorrow after I get up and get going. Weight is up a little since I relaxed on my diet last week so starting out at 178lbs.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    September 25th, 2017 (Monday)

Cardio; E: 60 mins
    Weight is up a little since I relaxed on my diet last week so starting out at 178lbs.
    you know I might have missed it, what weight were you wanting to come in at for comp?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    you know I might have missed it, what weight were you wanting to come in at for comp?
    165lbs, shouldn't be a problem since I have a few more pounds of fat to lose.

8. September 26th, 2017 (Tuesday)

Cardio; E: 60 mins**Did it at home

September 27th, 2017 (Wednesday)

Cardio; E: 60 mins**At home again

So started Sunday weighing 180lbs before I made a few adjustments. Last 4 days been taken Xpel, carbs around 60 grams and took a laxative yesterday. With those few adjustments weighed 173lbs yesterday and decided not to continue to 165lbs since I don't know if I am doing the meet or not no sense on torturing myself for nothing. Everything comes down to my deads and right now have zero confidence. I pulled 405x5 8 weeks ago and every since things have been going backwards in a big time. If I cannot pull around 425lbs without it being a real struggle wont be dong the meet.

9. September 29th, 2017 (Friday)

Squats;
    1 set 7 reps 135lbs
    1 set 5 reps 225lbs
    1 set 2 reps 275lbs
    4 sets 1 rep 315lbs, 335lbs, 350lbs, 365lbs

Looks like I added +25lbs last 8 weeks to my squats so pretty happy about that and made sure my last set was deep enough. My heavy wraps are good for +25 to +30lbs so should be sitting around 390 to 395lbs with them on. Feel like in the next 9 weeks could probably add another 15 to 20lbs. First couple weeks going to add in a lot of volume and also on light squat days do leg presses.

Bench;
    1 set 5 reps 135lbs
    1 set 3 reps 185lbs
    1 set 2 reps 225lbs
    3 sets 1 rep 250lbs, 275lbs, 285lbs
    3 sets 1 rep 255lbs, 265lbs, 280lbs**Comp. bench

Last set of comp. flew up and I know could have hit 290lbs today but don't like asking for help multiple times. My gym bench really didn't increase but over the last 8 weeks started at 270lbs comp. bench so that improved nicely. Going to focus a lot on triceps and making sure I hit shoulders more often but going to do the same layout.

Deads;
    2 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 275lbs
    4 sets 1 rep 315lbs, 385lbs, 405lbs, 425lbs

Last set was not as smooth as I wanted but pretty sure had another 10 to 15 more pounds in me. Really stumped on what to do for deads but feel the most important thing is to make sure I am recovered all the way moving forward and not pushing them to hard. Going to focus a lot on RDL's and on lighter days do Dbl SLDL's. One idea is for deads start at 335lbs just for singles and add +15lbs a week and focus more on assistance work.

So going to request time off for 12/2 and 12/3 to do the meet. I really want a clean sweep of all the state records for the class I am going to compete in and really it comes down to deads. Here are the USPA state records for Classic Raw, Age 45-49, 165lbs:
    Squats; 352.70
    Bench; 264.60
    Deads; 446.45
    Totals; 1063.70

10. good stuff...you know I'll be following along...

have a set layout for training leading up to the meet?

11. Going to follow for bench/ squats what I did the past 8 weeks. For deads going to start at 315 for singles and each week add 20lbs. First 4 weeks will pull twice a week since it will be lighter weights and one day will be sumo and the other conventional. Main focus will be RDL's and think with 7 weeks will do 7,7,5,5,3,3 for reps. Really think there isn't much I can do to increase my deads besides concentrating more on the supplemental stuff and staying fresh through out the prep.

12. October 2nd, 2017 (Monday)

October 3rd, 2017 (Tuesday)

Cardio; S: 25 mins (HIIT)

Deads, Conv., Paused at knees;
    4 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 245lbs, 265lbs, 275lbs

Squats;
    5 sets 5 reps 235lbs, 245lbs, 255lbs, 265lbs, 275lbs

Last Friday took more out of me than I thought. Today just did the main stuff. Thinking instead of just conv. deads on my lighter days of deads will do them with about a 3 sec pause at the knees. This will also help in keeping the weight down to on those days.

13. October 4th, 2017 (Wednesday)

Cardio; S: 25 mins (HIIT), T: 20 mins

Bench;
    2 sets 5 reps 225lbs, 235lbs

Definitely need to de-load after maxing on Friday. 1 week is not going to kill me and in the bigger picture. Over the next 8.5 weeks I am really not going to increase my lifts that much anyways. Going to do some lighter work the rest of the week just so I can get back in the habit of hitting the gym. Having trouble coming up with a split since Monday's are now my Friday's and typically only sleep about 4 hours when I get home in the morning on my Friday's. I could try this, only thing is Friday's could be longer than I want but could super set my bench assistance with a lower body.

Mon; Light Bench
    Tues; Lower
    Wed; Heavy Bench
    Thurs; Off
    Fri; Lower, Bench assistance

14. with only 4 hours of sleep it still seems like you recover better than I do these days. I was just talking to a buddy yesterday who's bench is stalled and I was telling him I feel like I need to space my bench every three-four days instead of every other day. for me a bench day on a monday seems to bounce back best on Thursday vs weds. even though i know mon/wed/fri is the more typical split for a lot of guys.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    with only 4 hours of sleep it still seems like you recover better than I do these days. I was just talking to a buddy yesterday who's bench is stalled and I was telling him I feel like I need to space my bench every three-four days instead of every other day. for me a bench day on a monday seems to bounce back best on Thursday vs weds. even though i know mon/wed/fri is the more typical split for a lot of guys.
    If you doing multiple benches a week then one of the days should be a little lighter to help with recovery. That is why I will do my heavy reps one day and the next one pause/ comp bench since the weight will be lighter. Only other way would be like you said and try to get about 72 hrs in between.

16. October 5th, 2017 (Thursday)

Cardio; E: 45 mins**Just did it at home

Got my time off approved to do the meet so hopefully everything works out now and can get the totals I want. Thinking about doing high bar/ medium stance squats on my light days. Always struggle with front squats so at least this way getting a different stimuli for my squats.

17. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    October 5th, 2017 (Thursday)

Cardio; E: 45 mins**Just did it at home

Got my time off approved to do the meet so hopefully everything works out now and can get the totals I want. Thinking about doing high bar/ medium stance squats on my light days. Always struggle with front squats so at least this way getting a different stimuli for my squats.
    what's the issue with Front Squats?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    what's the issue with Front Squats?
    Just can never hold the bar without it rolling off. Tried every way possible and just cannot do them.

19. October 6th, 2017 (Friday)

Cardio; S: 20 mins (HIIT)

Deads;
    3 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs
    4 sets 1 rep 315lbs

RDL's;
    5 sets 7 reps 185lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs

(Super Set)
    --1a. Squats, High bar/ Narrow;
    4 sets 4 reps 135lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs

--1b. Bench;
    1 set 7 reps 135lbs, 1 set 5 reps 185lbs, 1 set 3 reps 225lbs, 1 set 1 rep 250lbs

(Super Set)
    --2a. Leg Press, Dead Stop; 4 sets 7 reps
    --2b. Push Downs; 4 sets 11 reps

For me went heavy on RDL's and that type of squats since I wanted to get a base starting number to go off of. Deads were actually the only workouts I was able to complete this week with what I had scheduled. Took 70 mins for the lifting part of the workout which is not to bad. Once the weights get heavier the rests will be longer but by then will be dropping leg presses and push downs.

20. Quote Originally Posted by dapack View Post
    Just can never hold the bar without it rolling off. Tried every way possible and just cannot do them.
    even with straps?

...I just honestly feel Front Squats are soooo underrated in terms of carryover to almost everything, not just Squats and Deads...they work my upper back like no other lift.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    even with straps?

...I just honestly feel Front Squats are soooo underrated in terms of carryover to almost everything, not just Squats and Deads...they work my upper back like no other lift.
    Haven't tried that way yet. I will have to look and see if I still have mine and maybe give it a try.

22. October 9th, 2017 (Monday)

Cardio; S: 25 mins (HIIT), T: 25 mins

Incline Press;
    4 sets 7 reps

Flat Dbl Press;
    4 sets 9 reps

Machine CGBP;
    4 sets 11 reps

23. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    even with straps?

I've never seen that before either but it makes me wonder if that could be a good way to get someone who lacks the flexibility for the front rack position to slowly get closer and closer to being able to hold the bar in the clean position. @Warsheeper might also have some good tips on flexibility for front rack.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    I've never seen that before either but it makes me wonder if that could be a good way to get someone who lacks the flexibility for the front rack position to slowly get closer and closer to being able to hold the bar in the clean position. @Warsheeper might also have some good tips on flexibility for front rack.
    surprised...I always thought it was a common way to exercise the lift while improving mobility.

25. that's a very good vatiation if you can't hold the bar conventionally, only have to watch out that you don't try to extend your elbow instead of driving it up
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MST and Me - Taking my life back one session at a time
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. CONTEST! ONE DIME at a TIME - Win Supps!
    By musclemaker in forum Strong Supplement Shop
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 12:33 PM
  3. SHR # 1246 :: One Meal At A Time PLUS Carl's Wisdom: Is Th
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
  4. iForce Compete - Revealed one ingredient at a time!
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 06:39 PM