Warsheepers Pain Train Workoutlog

Page 3 of 25 First 12345 ... Last

1. did you drop weight for this meet? I thought you weighed more than that.

I think your numbers look solid for a first meet and like he mentioned, its all about learning.

2. around this time last year i was at 96-98kg, just eating healthier and building muscle made me go down to 86 in about 6 months and then i decided to go down 3 kg rather than go up 6
    •   

3. yeah i thought you were like 215lbs or so. that's a big drop. nice job on keeping your strength up there.

4. so, in the -83kg(183lb) class i got 4 overall and won 3rd place in the RAW division(sleeves and belt) in the IPF wraps are equipment

squat180kg(396lbs)
    bench120kg(264lbs)
    deadlift 240kg(529lbs)
    total 540kg(1190lbs)lifts went 5 for 9

missed second place by 5kg(11lbs), first place in my class even beat the equipped guy(squat suit, wraps, bench suit, DL suit)
    first place totalled
    580kg(1210lbs)

5. Nice deads and solid total. Congrats!!!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post
    so, in the -83kg(183lb) class i got 4 overall and won 3rd place in the RAW division(sleeves and belt) in the IPF wraps are equipment

squat180kg(396lbs)
    bench120kg(264lbs)
    deadlift 240kg(529lbs)
    total 540kg(1190lbs)lifts went 5 for 9

missed second place by 5kg(11lbs), first place in my class even beat the equipped guy(squat suit, wraps, bench suit, DL suit)
    first place totalled
    580kg(1210lbs)

yeah I'm really impressed you held on to so much strength with that weight class drop, you did great man!

7. "easy" training for now this week, i say "easy" because my straps broke today during farmers walk haha, i don't know how much the trap bar weighs, but the total weight was between 150-160kg

8. i need to bring my bench and squat up, so for now i'll do each lift 5x per week for the next 3 weeks, +1 assistance exercise(close grip bench, militarypress, pause or pin squat) and some easy recovery work with machines or isolation work, DB flies, belt squats, legpress etc with sets of around 20 reps to get a little pump going

9. if you are squatting 5x's per week, what will your plan be?

how many sets and reps each day at what % of 1rm?

5 x's per week would crush me I think. smolov really beat me down.

10. i'm doing canditos 9 week squat and 6 week bench at the same time, this week is relatively easy, the first 3 weeks are very high frequency to accumulate fatigue and keep an eye on technique, first week squat 135kg 3x3 then one set of pin or pause squats, bench 3x3 with 85kg and 3 sets of CGBP or MP, going hard on the assistance and not the main lift for now

i love to train and hate rest days hah thats why high frequency works pretty well for me

11. a new gym opened in vienna last friday and there are great possibilitys to train, 3 logs, stones, 7 pieces of 3 way elite fts power racks, 4 weightlifting platforms with only eleiko competition bars and plates everywhere, 3 competition benches, and almost all the equipment from eleiko, elite or slayer barbell, up to this point i always trained on ****ty bars, racks and benches, so i can finally learn how to bench right and how to squat low bar(the bars at my old gym have no knurling in the middle so low bar is not possible except if you have a 120kg frame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT289S9U0eE here is the gym tour

12. so, i've been doing the candito 6 week bench and 9 week squat program, with my new job i walk for about 6-8 hours straight and around 50% are stairs so on some days i'm pretty destroyed, still my bench in competition on the third of april was 120kg(264lb) last sunday was the new max test from the bench program, got 135kg(297lb) not to shabby considering i compete in the <83kg(183lb) class my competition squat was 180kg(396lb) and today i almost hit a tripple with it but work really kicked my ass more than usual the last few days so i assume it was fatigue and i will try again on tuesday, especially considering that i hit 5 reps with 170kg(374lb) pretty easy on wednesday and a few minutes after that a tripple with 175kg(385lb)

13. 5 x 374 is great dude. glad to see things are still going the right direction. would love to see your log more often if you have the time and energy to share.

14. will try, tomorrow i'll be attending an olympic weightlifting workshop, yay

15. weightlifting was awesome but after 4 hours my hands were pretty destroyed(especially the thumbs) easy power snatches with 60kg, on thursday the workshop continues, 2 hours later i trained some pressing and pulling, flat DB presses 3 sets of 10 with 20,30 and 40kg bells, some incline barbell presses slow and for reps, then an easy set of five on the bench with 220lb(100kg) on to some bench rows and some football bar militarypresses and other random stuff

16. again failed my squat tripple with 180kg just above parallel on the last rep
    sumo deads 170kgx6 reps, 180kgx6 reps
    then overheadsquats and snatchbalances for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours most with 40 kg just for technique but went up to 60 kg for a few sets

17. Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post
    a new gym opened in vienna last friday and there are great possibilitys to train, 3 logs, stones, 7 pieces of 3 way elite fts power racks, 4 weightlifting platforms with only eleiko competition bars and plates everywhere, 3 competition benches, and almost all the equipment from eleiko, elite or slayer barbell, up to this point i always trained on ****ty bars, racks and benches, so i can finally learn how to bench right and how to squat low bar(the bars at my old gym have no knurling in the middle so low bar is not possible except if you have a 120kg frame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT289S9U0eE here is the gym tour
    Nice gym! Do you have a bunch of youtube videos? It looks like I saw you in some Westside BB videos...but I didn't understand the language.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Nice gym! Do you have a bunch of youtube videos? It looks like I saw you in some Westside BB videos...but I didn't understand the language.
    Wow, that gym is awesome. I could spend my afterlife in there and be happy.

19. I just realized the gym's equipment is all Eleiko. holy crap that's pricey.

20. and only competition bars too

but from what i know the real expensive and complicated stuff are the elite fts machines

it's all in german and that was from our strength coach course, i myself have no recent youtube videos, still working on getting a smartphone lol but hopefully i will be able to upload videos in a few weeks but no promises

21. another nice day with weightlifting snatched 70kg and cleaned 100kg twice

after that "light" squats, 150kg for 12 singles

22. Quote Originally Posted by Warsheeper View Post

after that "light" squats, 150kg for 12 singles
    10lbs more than my PR lol

23. don't worry about that, most of your wod's i would simply die on, we did one round of a warmup complex today with the bar only
    3xoverheadsquat, 3xsnatchbalance, 3xhighhangsnatch
    i was gassed and sweating lol

24. lol yeah its different training. its just that most of my lifting buddies are strength focused so its hard for me to say I can do x amount of muscle ups or x amount of WOD's then they tell me about their 500+lb dead lifts. hard to compare, lol

25. that's the positive for me, training with your rivals is always a great boost, especially if you have guys like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0R1RTN1jE training in the gym(btw he pulled 340kg recently)
    today i did some upper body
    incline bb bench till i hit a relatively hard set of 5 with 80kg i think,
    cable crossovers increasing in weight till i couldn't hit 15 reps
    then some incline flies with a painful stretch on every rep, going up in weight till i coudln't get 12 reps,
    seated DB press till i couldn't hit 8 reps, then 4 sets of 5 of paused bench with 100kg, some cable rows and curls
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chaos and Pain! TRAIN YOUR BRAIN STACK!INTERNATIONAL PPL!
    By pyrobatt in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 10:31 PM
  2. Chaos and Pain training log by some guy
    By ThaGerGuy3000 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
  3. Pain when training chest, would like some help guys!!
    By Leigh123 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 08:11 PM
  4. To the Guys Who Train--Hip Pain!
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
  5. training in pain
    By theslime in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 09:28 AM