SaluteTheSig's Training Log

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Training For Siq Muscles

It randomly occurred to me to start up a log on here and keep track of my progress once I start lifting. I've been doing calisthenics for well over a year now and I've been thinking about moving into weight training. I have a gym membership so it seems logical to make the most of it!

Not much strength training experience aside from what was already mentioned. I've done calisthenics with weights included, but that's as far as my experience goes. I will be easing my way into this program by starting with the bar on certain exercises, light weight on others, and being conservative with increasing the weights. My focus is to get the form down. I will be doing some core work and maybe even some calisthenics (Pushups, Lunges, Pullups) on certain 'off days' in addition to the weight training outlined below:

Warm-ups
SMFR
1x8/side Wall Hip Flexor Mobilization
1x6/side Supine Bridge w/Reach
1x8 Yoga Push-up
1x5/side Spiderman w/Hip Lift & Overhead Reach
1x8/side Ankles Mobs
30s Squat Stretch
1x8 Face the Wall Squats

(3 days alternating)
Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x3 Deadlifts
2x20s KB Farmer’s Walks
1x20 Ab work

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Overhead Press
5x5 Chest-Supported Rows
2x8 GHR
1x20 Ab work

Might throw up some stats, measurements, photos, etc. later on.

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
To make it easier on myself with, I will be recording the weight performed counting ONLY the plates. I imagine the bar itself waves anywhere from 35 to 45 pounds like most commercial gym barbells do.

Squat
30x3x5

Bench
40x3x5,5,4

Deadlift
90x1x3

FW
40x2x20s

GHR
25x2x8

Today was a humbling experience to say the least. I found weights I was comfortable to practice on form with yet still presented a reasonable challenge to my muscles. It appears having practiced calisthenics prior to advancing onto weights has served its purpose, as I have a greater awareness of my body's positioning relative to the bar, and this is helping me a great deal with focusing on form.

I'm anxious for my next workout, but for now I will be focusing on housing down all the food I can set my sights on.

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Squat
40x5,4,4

Overhead Press
Barx3x5,4,4

Chest-Supported Rows
3x30x8,8,6

Pull-ups
1x6

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Squat
50x5x4,2,1,2,4
*Need to work on proper bar position on the back to avoid undue compression on the wrists

Bench
22.5x3x4,5,6

Deadlift
90x5 (reset after each rep due to her plates FML)

GHR
25x3x8,10,10

Ab work
70x2x15,20

Plank
1x30s

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Squat
3x60x4
*Not sure if I'm hitting the right depth. Didn't do the Face The Wall Squats prior to warming up. I feel like those help emphasize proper technique. Have to make sure I do those before squatting.

Press
3x10x5
*Bar falling on wrists?

Chest-Supported Row
2x45x6,8
3x55x8