Segansational's Motivation Log

Page 22 of 22 First ... 202122

1. Not looking too bad man!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

2. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Not looking too bad man!
    Thanks brother, gotta kill this dad bod! Haha.
    •   

3. Circuit arm w/o:
    Bb curls 3 x 10
    DB incline curls 3 x 10
    DB hammer curls 3 x 10
    TRX curls 3 x 12

TRX triceps 3 x 12
    Close grip BP 3 x 12
    Overhead DB triceps ext 3 x 12

Ordered some extra tubs of protein and protein bars from SP last Saturday and it looks like it's going to be a full week until i receive. I know i picked the cheapest shipping, but come on!

4. Quick one today:
    Circuit
    TRX squats x 3 x 12
    SLDLs 3 x 10
    Walking DB lunges across room
    TRX calf raises 3 x 12
    Cardio, bike

5. Well, order arrived Friday, but they shipped me an incorrect version of an item. We'll see how long it takes to get it corrected.

Took 3 mg of melatonin last night to help fall asleep, woke up super tired this morning. Drank half a rockstar energy drink to get me going, after my morning cup of coffee. Took a nap this afternoon too, so now i feel great!

Early meeting tomorrow means no workout, so will be starting Tuesday this week. Been trying to eat more cals, but man do i hate how i feel when bulking. I feel bloated all the time. Just saw a tip about downing a shake with every meal to help get in cals without feeling overly full, but also I picked up several different protein bars (quest cereal bars, oh yeah bars) so I'll be supplementing at least one a day.
    •   

6. Another thing you could do is add some oil or something like chia or hemp seeds to your shakes to get cals up, if you can afford higher fats in your diet!
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Another thing you could do is add some oil or something like chia or hemp seeds to your shakes to get cals up, if you can afford higher fats in your diet!
    Good idea. I already add PB to my prebed shake, which currently consists of:

1 scoop whey (currently myProtein Boston Creme pie)
    8 oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 frozen banana
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tsp dark cocoa powder

But tonight I'll try adding in some coconut oil to the mix. Also realized that myProtein is only 18 g per scoop, so on the lower side compared to other brands. I'll start upping to 1.5 scoops so that would hit 27 g.

Weighed in today at 171 lbs, up 1.5# since last week, so still gaining.

Tried the Quest cereal bar (cinnamon roll) today and honestly wasn't that impressed. Usually i have either a Chobani or a Clif bar in the afternoon, but that's only about 11 g protein. The Oh Yeah bars come in at 26 g.

8. How do you like the MyProtein flavors? Their BCAAs are so light on flavoring it made me hesitant on trying any of their proteins.
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    How do you like the MyProtein flavors? Their BCAAs are so light on flavoring it made me hesitant on trying any of their proteins.
    They are light, I remember the chocolate was more milk chocolate than anything else. I'd say it's more comparable flavor wise to European chocolate vs American chocolate, make sense? Cost-wise you can't beat them, but it's still my back up for when i can't get a good deal on other brands that have higher protein content.

10. Well, never adding coconut oil to my shakes ever again! There were little chunks of solid fats after blending, tasted terrible. Thought i was going to heave and that was with just a tsp.

Hit some cardio and a super quick shoulder workout yesterday as i only had about 15 mins after some biking. Did a light weight quad set and had probably the best shoulder pump in my life! Shoulders def looked 3D.

Cardio, bike
    DB laterals 3 x 10
    DB front raises 3 x 10
    Bent Over DB laterals 3 x 10
    Upright rows 3 x 10

Chest workout, circuit:

Bench press 3 x 10
    Incline DB Press 3 x 10
    Incline DB flys 3 x 10
    TRX chest press 3 x 10
    Cardio, bike

11. Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    They are light, I remember the chocolate was more milk chocolate than anything else. I'd say it's more comparable flavor wise to European chocolate vs American chocolate, make sense? Cost-wise you can't beat them, but it's still my back up for when i can't get a good deal on other brands that have higher protein content.
    Yeah that makes sense. They are definitely dirt cheap, I'll probably give it a try so I know if I can tolerate it or not when I need some cheap protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    Well, never adding coconut oil to my shakes ever again! There were little chunks of solid fats after blending, tasted terrible. Thought i was going to heave and that was with just a tsp.

Hit some cardio and a super quick shoulder workout yesterday as i only had about 15 mins after some biking. Did a light weight quad set and had probably the best shoulder pump in my life! Shoulders def looked 3D.

Cardio, bike
    DB laterals 3 x 10
    DB front raises 3 x 10
    Bent Over DB laterals 3 x 10
    Upright rows 3 x 10

Chest workout, circuit:

Bench press 3 x 10
    Incline DB Press 3 x 10
    Incline DB flys 3 x 10
    TRX chest press 3 x 10
    Cardio, bike
    Yuck. That tends to be a problem with coconut oil. In college my go-to was EVOO because it never did that, even if it's a little gross.
    Looks like a good workout though!

12. Missed reporting a chest workout, but those always give a great pump.

Started off with some bike cardio. Hit back today, circuit:

BB rows 3 x 10
    TRX neutral grip rows 3 x 10
    Pull ups x 8,6,
    Close grip DB row 3 x 10
    Single arm DB row x 8,6

Circuits with no rest in between exercises are definitely giving a great pump and I'm hitting good isolation with lower weights, but I'd like to test strength soon. Failed on some of the exercises today, but feeling real wide lately.

Wireless headphones died midway through my workout, that's the worst. Anyone have specific clothing brands they go with for athletic fit work appropriate clothes? Tried on a button down yesterday which tapered right, but was too tight in the arms and across the chest. Work in an office setting, so no casual clothes for me.

13. Went ham this weekend on meals. Friday night the wife and I had our first evening outing without the baby and went to a Greek restaurant. Yesterday hit up a local BBQ & beer joint. Today will be game day food. Here's what i had at some of my best meals.

Friday dinner:
    Appetizers of grilled octopus, fried cheese, tomato and feta, hummus.
    Chilean sea bass over veggies.
    Half a honey cheese cake.
    Half a manhattan.
    One cappuccino.

Lunch Saturday:
    Brisket cheese steak.
    Order of housemade kettle cooked potato chips.
    Half an order of french fries.
    Flight of beers (equivalent to one 16 oz beer).
    Slice of a brown betty Apple pie.

Game day:
    2 slices meat lovers pizza.
    2 slices pepperoni pizza.
    Equivalent of 1 beer (it's stout season).
    1 slice of Trader Joe's pumpkin bread.

14. Stouts are the best beers, hands down.

15. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Stouts are the best beers, hands down.
    I actually used to be all about the dark beers, but lately I've been into ipas and double ipas. But as it gets colder, stouts are back on the menu. Trying to make sure that i don't go overboard though with my beer consumption!

16. Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    I actually used to be all about the dark beers, but lately I've been into ipas and double ipas. But as it gets colder, stouts are back on the menu. Trying to make sure that i don't go overboard though with my beer consumption!
    I don't like the hoppiness of IPAs, lol I'm all about the dark beers pretty much year round. A good summer shandy is fine by me though!

17. Switched it up a bit and went with 3/4 a scoop of Mesomorph. Hit quick and helped wake me up. Felt the tingles. Skipped my Xtend today due to timing, as i sipped my pre throughout the W/O.

Woke up at 174.5# (+3.5#) today. Had an incredible arm pump, one of those sessions where afterwards showering seems difficult to raise your arms overhead.

Cardio, bike
    Circuit: all sets 3 x 10
    Incline DB curls
    BB curls
    TRX curls
    TRX triceps
    Incline skull crushers
    Close grip incline presses

18. Felt a bit amped up today coming back from work (must be all that Halloween candy, ha! Jk), so decided to take the last sample I had of Vein Nutrition's Sedation. Something in it gives me the tingles and makes me feel as if my extremities are hot. Not a fan. About to hit the sack, so it was effective as I'm working to keep my eyes open.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Segansational View Post
    Felt a bit amped up today coming back from work (must be all that Halloween candy, ha! Jk), so decided to take the last sample I had of Vein Nutrition's Sedation. Something in it gives me the tingles and makes me feel as if my extremities are hot. Not a fan. About to hit the sack, so it was effective as I'm working to keep my eyes open.
    Sounds like GABA effects to me, does it have that in it?

20. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Sounds like GABA effects to me, does it have that in it?
    Yeah, it does, so good to know. Slept like a rock though.

21. Missed entering Wed' s workout, but did a leg workout with cardio. Hit shoulders hard today.

Cardio, bike
    Rotator Cuff Ex 2 x 10
    Circuit 3 x 10 each exercise and increased weights on all:
    DB laterals
    DB front raises
    Bent Over DB laterals
    Upright rows
    Seated DB shoulder press

Traveling this weekend for work, so we'll see how much gym time I'll get in over the next several days.

22. Back from the West Coast. Here's the good and bad.

Good: Went for a run outdoors Sunday morning since i couldn't sleep, and got in a chest workout on Monday at the hotel gym. Went with a traditional 3x10 workout using DBs and cables. Also did a crazy amount of walking, hit over 20k steps on Sunday.

Bad: Super sore from my run. Both in my quads and shins. Probably overstepped a bit... Went overboard with eating. Always hard to stay on track when traveling. Timing and macros are always off. Also had a few more drinks than was good for me.

However, another 2.0# up today after a week and a half, bringing my weight up to 176.5#. This should put me in a good situation for when it's time to cut down, which should be another month or so. Got in a short back workout today.

23. Been busy at work lately, so haven't been good at updating, but here was today's workout:

Giant set
    TRX biceps curls 3 x 12
    BB curls drop sets 3 x 10
    DB curls drop sets 3 x 10

Giant set
    TRX triceps 3 x 12
    Overhead DB ext 3 x 12
    Dips 3 x 12

Post-W/O pump. Looking a little soft these days, but here it is:

24. Monday was a leg day, least favorite day. Walking lunges always destroy my legs after.

Today's workout is shoulders:

Cardio, bike

Circuit 3 x 10:
    DB laterals
    DB front raises
    Bent Over DB laterals
    Upright rows
    Seated DB shoulder press

Have to travel for work today, but still able to put in the real work, lol. My left shoulder felt tight, almost like something was impinged. Started before working out, so just normal issues... Probably should get it taken a look at sometime soon.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. JCunningham need some "MoTiVaTiOn"! AI Motivate log!!
    By JCunningham in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
  2. Anabolic Innovations Motivate Sample Review/Mini Log
    By zb126 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
  3. Motiv's Consistency Log
    By MoTiV in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
  4. My motivational log to realize my dream...
    By ranel2220 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM