Kumbaya, my friend.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Looks like home!

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
So here's the deal. Sorta lol. This log is my therapy. Once I start posting progress pics some of u will recognize me. Some won't. I'm a logger that's been around. Sporadically. But I'm focusing on getting myself back into a happier place. I'll be posting routine. Diet plans and food pics. And will offer any advice that's applicable and helpful. Anyone feel free to follow , offer constructive criticism , or just lurk around. Today was back for me. Routine up a lil later. Also by Monday I'll try and have up a basic routine/diet plan laid out.

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1439475733.681303.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1439475743.369856.jpg

New kicks and belt that came yesterday

turff49

turff49

Awards
Some funky looking shoes for this traditionalist...but if they work that's all that matters!

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I have addidas ones that I love but the inside soles are starting to wear thin. Thought I'd try Reeboks this time is all. I always go with craziest color option I can honestly

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
So I heard something today. Lemme get some opinions. Chocolate is made from beans. And beans go in salad. So regardless of my diet snickers bars should be ok. Hahahaha. A fat guy in my class told me this and I almost pi$$ed my pants.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I agree. Def y he's fat but the science behind his explanation was hilarious when he tried to justify y diets are bs.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. Def y he's fat but the science behind his explanation was hilarious when he tried to justify y diets are bs.
Most fad diets are indeed crap.

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I'm gonna assume that ur use of the word thug in reference to me was a term of endearment. Hahaha Yeah. Most fad diets are worthless I agree

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Tomorrow is chest. Woo woo. Gotta get dinner figured out then i get my session this morning up hopefully

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Today's session:

Bb shrug/ bent over plate shrug
3x10/10@135/25

Deads/straight arm push down
3x10/10@135/80

Meadows row/kneeling lat pull
3x10/10@bar+35/80

Decline db pull over/rev seated incline fly
3x10/10@35/40

Stiff leg SM Deads/xtra wide seated lat pulls
3x10/10@95/80

All gym sessions I also do about 7 mins cardio going to and from the gym

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Man I got up today and feeling freaking great!! Got breakfast and school to prep for. Routine and some other updates shortly

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Today:

SM Squat. A2G
5x10@95

Incl bb bp/dc db fly
3 x 10/10@95/30

Alt db bp/pec dec fly
3x10/10@30/50

Dc bb press/inc db fly
3x10/10@135/30

Lm press/flat bench cable fly
3x10/10@bar+25/25

All this is done in about a 32-35 minute window. As I get further into my work outs my rest time decreases every set so I can get as much squeezed in as possible. But the negative is I also spend less TUT. Like I mentioned yesterday I'm getting about 7 mins cardio going and 7 mins cardio coming home.

I started out with 185 on inc bb press and about 2/3 of the way up on my 3rd rep my left shoulder started hurting. So I dropped my weights down. I want to focus on getting my joint/ligament strength up before I go up in weights. My body is clearly telling me it's not ready. I'm past the point in life where I need to prove to myself how tough I am and push through it. So for now slow and steady won the race

turff49

turff49

Awards
Got that right! Listen to the body. Joint issues can be a show stopper if you don't listen to them!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work my friend. What's 'SM' squat?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smith machine
Missed that...

I meant to do SM split squats today but forgot. Been a while since I've used a Smith except for somersault squats.

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I'm really not a smith machine fan for much. But in trying to focus a lot on isolation and conditioning before I involve secondary and stability groups of muscles. Again trying to smart about my joints and ligaments as I age

clown007

clown007

Awards
I'm in for this log!

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
U know that point where u been away from training for too long. U finally get back into the grove but feel like ur making no progress. Training hard. Eating right. Totally dedicated. But u see no results. Then u put on that old lifting shirt that u love that three weeks ago u looked like Chris Farley in but now it fits and suddenly the past two weeks have been worth it. That's how my day started. Hopefully the positivity continues hahaha

turff49

turff49

Awards
U know that point where u been away from training for too long. U finally get back into the grove but feel like ur making no progress. Training hard. Eating right. Totally dedicated. But u see no results. Then u put on that old lifting shirt that u love that three weeks ago u looked like Chris Farley in but now it fits and suddenly the past two weeks have been worth it. That's how my day started. Hopefully the positivity continues hahaha
Friggin AAA man! That's awesome!

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Today was my first "cheat" meal in forever. And I hated it lol. My eating has been super clean and controlled. Friday is when me and some guys from class go eat. I always go where I can get something healthy. Went to Pizza Hut today with them thinking I'd be able to eat a nice healthy salad. Got there and they were outta lettuce and half the vegetables. Food truck never made it. So not only did I have to eat unhealthy the options made in unenjoyable. So much for that positivity continuing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's gettin all teary eyed in here.

Today was my first "cheat" meal in forever. And I hated it lol. My eating has been super clean and controlled. Friday is when me and some guys from class go eat. I always go where I can get something healthy. Went to Pizza Hut today with them thinking I'd be able to eat a nice healthy salad. Got there and they were outta lettuce and half the vegetables. Food truck never made it. So not only did I have to eat unhealthy the options made in unenjoyable. So much for that positivity continuing.
Divine intervention. Become one with the pizza.

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Becoming one with the pizza?? R u working that in with the banded hip Kama sutra thing??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
turff49

turff49

Awards
Should see him when he has ice cream too...

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Tomorrow is my compound/complex movement day. Not exactly sure what my plans are but I might drag my trap bar in a use it a ton. See how creative I can get

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
Gonna try and get some good mobility work in this morning. Roller. Lax ball. Static stretches. Banded stretches. Then go hit the gym later this afternoon. I'm thinking I might scarf down a nice carb heavy meal about 50 minutes before I go. I been avoiding them for 2 weeks except trace carbs in other stuff I'm eating. But haven't totally decided

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pizza and ice cream!

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I'm working on some home made wheat pasta Mac n cheese. More to follow....

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
As promised....
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1439658149.699217.jpg

2 cups(cooked) gluten free wheat pasta
3 tbsp almond milk
2 oz almond sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp evo oil
Sriracha

Mmmmm....

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good man. Picked up some cashew milk today. Hope it's as good as almond.

Ricochet247

Ricochet247

Awards
I got a nice session in. Simple yet very effective. Got some errands to take care of then I'll get my routine up