Keeping Up With The Yates': A Couple's Training Log

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone!! Well, hubby ( yates84 ) & I have decided to join forces even more here on AM, and invite you all to join in the fun & shenanigans as we log workouts & other random workout/fitness stuff!!

There are a lot of you here who already know, or are familiar with, yates84. He has been a dedicated lifter for about 8-9 years now. He just recently, finally, got me to come around & join him in the gym on the weight floor. I hate that I waited so long, because I thoroughly enjoy lifting & training with him. It's a very important part of my life now.

I currently train using a 5 day split routine, and do PIYO & light cardio on my "off" days. My main goal, at the moment, is to cut my body fat % more before winter gets here. Then I'm going to focus more on putting on some mass. I'm still a noob in this journey, but am very thankful to have the support & encouragement of yates84. I'm also thankful for all the support I've gained so far on AM.

I've made some great progress thus far & I'm very hungry for more.

So, just a little bit about me...
I am a stay at home mom to our 2.5yr old son. I love dogs & equine. Cooking is a passion of mine, but due to our diets our meals seem to look a lot alike these days.

Current Stats/Measurements:
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 119.6 lbs
Waist 25.75"
Hips 34"
L upper thigh 19.2"
R upp thigh 19.1"
Chest 32.7"
L quad 18"
R quad 18"
Biceps 10.8"

Current Supplements: OL Conqu3r Demigod edition & OL Conqu3r Amp3d* (I use the Amp3d on leg & back day or when I'm just flat exhausted), Protein, L-glutamine, and I'm about to run Epic Unleashed.

I've typically done progress pics & measurement updates on Sundays...in other logs. I'm not sure I'll post every week here, but it helps keep me accountable & helps me see progress when I feel like I'm not making any.

So, let the fun begin!! :) :D :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, what do we have here?!? In for some sexy couple swelfies!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
You sure you can handle it?? It might get steamy in here!! ;) :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're very similar in body stats to I currently.

Glad to see that you've come to enjoy this lifestyle :)

~Rosie~

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In ! I like the name of the log!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Bahaha!! Seriously, we are like that....way more than we should be. Granted, I'm typically at home & he is at work when we both are posting simultaneously!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here finally!
It's nice to finally have a home, somewhere to post my current workouts. I'm currently on a 5 day phat routine that I just started a few weeks ago. I'm currently in a caloric deficit and looking to get further into the single digit body fat %. Today is an off day so I will post up something tomorrow for a workout! I just started an ostarine and dermacrine cycle as well, looking forward to keeping up with that progress as well. Let the action begin!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
IN!!

You should love EP1C Unleashed, I have been using it the last couple of months and will keep using it

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
IN!!

You should love EP1C Unleashed, I have been using it the last couple of months and will keep using it
Hubs has raved about it for such a long time. I'm really starting to shed some body fat with a couple diet changes & a little more added cardio, but I want to maintain the strength I've built while eating in a deficit. I'm really hoping the Epic Unleashed will help with that. yates84 has used it during PCT for that exact same reason with good results!!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN!!

Its a staple supplement for me now

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all of you who are here & following along so far!!

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I'm thankful we both have a permanent home to log in, here on AM, too yates84. ;)

Now that intros are out of the way...

I worked arms yesterday....

Hammer curls
10x12x4

Tricep push downs
30x12x4

Preacher curls
25x10x3
25x8

Skull crushers
20x12x4

Incline curls
10x12x4

Low cable tricep extensions
20x10x4

Oh.my.word. My arms are wrecked today. Those preacher curls & skull crushers got me. However, I'm happy to finally be experiencing some soreness (not pain) in my arms & shoulders. That means I'm really working them!!

I'm very thankful today is a rest day. I usually go & do a little bit of fasted cardio on the treadmill, but I'm actually resting today. Our little one has been sick, and through all the extra cuddles, has shared his cold with me. My throat hurts, and my head is full of gunk. So, going to nurse myself today. Hopefully, by spending today on the couch, I can get in a good chest workout tomorrow!!

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN!!!!! Nice arm day! I always love it when arm day comes your in mid workout and you feel the arms pumps. Especially my tri's feeling like a brick lol!!!

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
Cant seem to find dosage for this? Im gonna get the transdermal and some lj100 come December, to finish off my 8week PCT.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cant seem to find dosage for this? Im gonna get the transdermal and some lj100 come December, to finish off my 8week PCT.
Doses for epic unleashed?

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
Thinking 1pump morning then another 1 pump in the evening?

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
IN!!!!! Nice arm day! I always love it when arm day comes your in mid workout and you feel the arms pumps. Especially my tri's feeling like a brick lol!!!
Yes!! They were a little pumped before I did the preacher curls, but after they were definitely fully pumped!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking 1pump morning then another 1 pump in the evening?
Exactly. I really like the oral/td combo, oral pwo then td after my shower. The combo is killer! Just use a glove to apply the td, it will stain your hands and even clothes if you aren't careful. I found the inner thighs is the best place to apply it and it not mess up any clothing

Weathermark

Weathermark

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I really like the oral/td combo, oral pwo then td after my shower. The combo is killer! Just use a glove to apply the td, it will stain your hands and even clothes if you aren't careful. I found the inner thighs is the best place to apply it and it not mess up any clothing
What do you prefer yates....im gonna be on SUPER PCT for November..should I stay on that through December along with epic OR switch to lj100?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In before 3000 posts!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you prefer yates....im gonna be on SUPER PCT for November..should I stay on that through December along with epic OR switch to lj100?
Stay on epic as long as you can, there are all kinds of gains to be made off it!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Innnn...

clown007

clown007

Awards
Hey! This looks great!
In to hear about the workouts and other shenanigans!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In :)

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
The worst part about sick....force feeding myself. I have no appetite when I have a head cold & sore throat. Need to stay fueled though.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My appetite is fine, just ate a half pound of shrimp

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The worst part about sick....force feeding myself. I have no appetite when I have a head cold & sore throat. Need to stay fueled though.
Gotta get that "protein" in!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this bad boy! Hey yates84, guess who got something dropped off in the mail yesterday! I will be starting my log for RADAR1NE and GHAR1NE next week!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this bad boy! Hey yates84, guess who got something dropped off in the mail yesterday! I will be starting my log for RADAR1NE and GHAR1NE next week!
My man! Gharine is treating me very nice! I have 2 bottles of radarine staring at me...

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday upper body power

Bent over rows
5×5 w/ 205

Weighted wide grip pull ups
3×8 w/ 45 lb

Chin ups
3×12 body weight

DB press w/ 3 second pause
5×5 w/ 80 lb bd

Weighted wide dips
3×8 w/ 50 lb

Seated dB shoulder press
2×8
1×7
1×6 w/ 60lb dB

Ez bar curl
3×8 w/ 80 lb

French press
3×7 w/ 80 lb

Incline cable flyes
2×12

I warm up with 10 min on the elliptical machine then do various calestenics and light free weight but no need to post that every workout. 14 hour work day yesterday now here I am again today. I need a vacation! Will post starting pics, measurments, diet etc here after work

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Workout is looking good Mr. Yates!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout is looking good Mr. Yates!!
Thanks! Just revamped my whole routine a few weeks ago so I'm excited to make some new progress

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I know I watch you do these workouts, but reading through it makes it look way more intense!! No wonder you're so sexy!! ;)

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Good morning!! I had planned to sleep in this morning (still not feeling well), and go to the gym a little later, but nugget had different plans. He woke up pretty early this morning. So, we got there as Daddy was finishing up & he got to see him for a few minutes!! So, it was worth it!!

My workouts are going to look puny, in comparison to yates84....but he says they are supposed to!!

Warm-up
5 min elliptical
Flat Db press
10x12x4

Flat bench
45x10
50x8
50x8
55x6

Db Incline Press
15x12x4

Decline Bench
55x10
60x8
60x8
65x6

Incline low cable fly/pec deck Superset
15x12/30x12
15x12/30x12
15x12/30x12
15x12/30x12

Modified push-ups/Incline Db Fly Superset
8x4/10x12x4

Effing push-ups kill me. Going to start working them in more, so I can get better at them.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting pics. I'm about 2 weeks into an osta, dermacrine, and eliminate cycle. Diet is 2400 calories and I'm only eating 50g of carbs Monday through Saturday with Sunday being a reload day (300 of carbs) current body weight is 164 pounds as of this morning

PhotoGrid_1439038897906.jpg

PhotoGrid951439039431661.jpg

PhotoGrid_1439039393303.jpg

PhotoGrid951439039462108.jpg

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Starting pics. I'm about 2 weeks into an osta, dermacrine, and eliminate cycle. Diet is 2400 calories and I'm only eating 50g of carbs Monday through Saturday with Sunday being a reload day (300 of carbs) current body weight is 164 pounds as of this morning

View attachment 122493
View attachment 122494
View attachment 122495
View attachment 122496

Looking good! Off subject...sorry...please feel free to PM or simply ignore/delete if I am too out of line..... How long have you been lifting? Out of that time, how long were you serious about lifting, supplements and diet? The reason why I ask is because I would like to have a "baseline" comparison of what to look forward to. Thanks

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good! Off subject...sorry...please feel free to PM or simply ignore/delete if I am too out of line..... How long have you been lifting? Out of that time, how long were you serious about lifting, supplements and diet? The reason why I ask is because I would like to have a "baseline" comparison of what to look forward to. Thanks
Have been lifting for 8 or 9 years, the last 3 years have been pretty consistent. Have just recently started playing with my diet, was on a permanent bulk before. This is my first attempt at a cut and my calories are pretty low for my metabolism and activity level. I've been on this diet for a month now and just added in anabolics so there should be some good improvement (I hope so anyway)

Hastur

Awards
I know I've said it before, but your tats are awesome, bro! And you are pretty cut up man, looking good! Definitely in for this log! It won't be long til the little one is lifting and posting stats. :p

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I know I've said it before, but your tats are awesome, bro! And you are pretty cut up man, looking good! Definitely in for this log! It won't be long til the little one is lifting and posting stats. :p
He has his own 1lb weights already, and likes for us to make him "protein" shakes when we have ours. His is usually just chocolate milk!! ;)

Hastur

Awards
He has his own 1lb weights already, and likes for us to make him "protein" shakes when we have ours. His is usually just chocolate milk!! ;)
That is adorable! I hope I have a kid like that one day! I had always wished I'd gotten into fitness earlier on, and your little one is hooked up with two active parents!