GVT WEEK 1

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
1 week after vacation in outer banks and drinking everyday for a week , time to start GVT and commit to it and stick with it and believe in it. 5'4 or 5'5 roughly. Average between 168 and 173 usually age 34

Monday
Bench 155 for 10x10
Bent over row 135 10x10
Incline dumbells 70's 3x12
Close grip cable row 120 3x12

Wednesday
Squats 155 10x10
Leg curl seated 45 10x10
standing calf raises 120 4x12
Ab machine 100 4x12

Friday
Seated military press 95 10x10
Pullups 10x10
Incline bench rear delt Fly 15's 4x15
Dips 3x12
Dumbell curls 30's 3x12

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
GVT is sick! Me and my old gym partner used it.. But with a twist.. We did 10 x 10 in all the diff exersizes . My back got big real fast.. But i stuggled with eating the right food tho :D !!

In for the resualts dude!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure to get plenty of calories and rest, gvt is a beast@

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Yeah I hope it does some good. Today was intense added more weight , rest and nutrition shouldn't be a problem, just having the days off in between will do me some good since I was pretty much doing a 5 day body part split before this

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love the idea of gvt but I feel like it's not enough exercise variety/volume! I know... I know. Maybe that's why I don't grow tho.. Too much volume

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Yeah I hear ya, even though it's a volume workout, I'm use to more variety and volume and feel like I'm missing out on certain parts , even though I know everything is getting hit with high volume with all the compound lifts , but gotta stick with it to see what happens I guess. Definately want to bring up the traps, rhomboids and medial delts, hopefully the rows and military pressing will get it done, I know military hits front mostly, but most people I see doin over the years have some pretty well developed delts overall , I been doing dumbells for years, due to gyms having awkward military press stations that are not to shoulder friendly

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I hear ya, even though it's a volume workout, I'm use to more variety and volume and feel like I'm missing out on certain parts , even though I know everything is getting hit with high volume with all the compound lifts , but gotta stick with it to see what happens I guess. Definately want to bring up the traps, rhomboids and medial delts, hopefully the rows and military pressing will get it done, I know military hits front mostly, but most people I see doin over the years have some pretty well developed delts overall , I been doing dumbells for years, due to gyms having awkward military press stations that are not to shoulder friendly
Looking forward to following along, I hope u stick with it.. I rarely follow workout logs but u have my interest, sir!

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Monday
Bench 165 10x10
Bb row 155 10x10
Incline dumbell press
70's 3x12
Close grip cable row
130 3x12
Dips 2X15
BB CURLS 2X15

WED
SQUATS
175 10X10
LYING LEG CURLS
60 10X10
AB MACHINE 110 4X12
CALF RAISE 150 4X12

FRIDAY
SEATED MILITARY PRESS
115 8X10 2X8
PULLUP 10X10
SIDE LATERAL 20'S 3X10
INCLINE BENCH REAR LATERALS 20'S 3X15
OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS 80LB DUMBELL
3X15
DUMBELL CURLS 30'S
3X10

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Weeks 3 and 4 , went good numbers were all up about 5 lbs for each excercise. Too much goin on to post it all at the time, now in what would have been week 5 , I'm stuck out of the gym with bronchitis. any suggestions on what my next move should be, right now cab only do 3 days a week and am looking for strength and size along with getting my stomach down , diet plays a big role I know, I always end up gong back to bulking cause I lose size and width in my shoulders it seems like first and I can't take it for too long. Open to suggestions , I been at this **** for 10 years and I know I should be further along