17 weeks out !!! Let's do it !!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys/gals here we go again. For those of you who followed along earlier this year I had planned on competing early this summer. I started having some severe pain in my hands and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel both hands so I dropped out. Probably a good thing though. I had dropped a lot of weight and size way to quick. After giving away the T3 i was using and talking with him later on, we decided the T3 was over dosed. There was a week or two where I dropped 7-9lbs, and that was later in my prep, so it wasn't just water.
So anyhow I am starting my prep back up again to compete Nov. 7. I swear I had better be able to get back on stage !!!!

Right now my calories are very high (for me at least) we bumped them up last week and will run them here for a few weeks to see what happens. 4500 cals, 160 Fats, 380 Carbs, 360 Protein. I was 212 before I had the increase in cals, jumped up to 214 in the middle of the week, and after 4 days of cardio leveled back out to 211. So we will go from there.
This is a layout of what I am eating everyday right now:

Meal 1- 6 eggs, 2 wheat toast with 2 tbs coconut oil
Meal 2- 2 scoops protein, 1 cup ground oats, 12oz milk
Meal 3- 6oz chicken, 1.5 cups white rice, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 4- 8oz burger, 6oz sweet potato
Meal 5- 6oz tilapia, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 6- 2 scoops protein, 1.5 cup ground oats, 12oz milk
Snack - 1 oz almonds
Intra and post workout- 50 total g Karbolyn

It depends on the time I work out on whether my meals are layed out that way. I will normally have the chick and rice about 30mins post workout.

As for my workout routine it is pretty simple right now. 3 day routine, Chest/back/shoulders, Quads/hams/calfs, Bis/tris. Abs a few times a week. Cardio will be either 10-15 HIIT or 25 min low intensity, depending on what I feel like.

The goodies?
Test and finishing up winni right now.
Will be adding in EQ, Masteron, T3, and winni again closer to the end of prep. No tren this time. I take meds for anxiety as it is and the tren had me all screwed up last time I ran it..
I'll talk about dosages as they are added in.

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Start up pics.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!!! Looking Jacked man! how ya feeling ??
Like a beached whale !! Carbs bloat me bad, oats even worse haha. But's it's alright. I'll deal with it for a few weeks, get my body used to taking in these higher carbs, then start dropping some body fat.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'm in! Piece of cake my man!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Like a beached whale !! Carbs bloat me bad, oats even worse haha. But's it's alright. I'll deal with it for a few weeks, get my body used to taking in these higher carbs, then start dropping some body fat.
Hell yea I feel ya lol youll incinerate it when your ready, still looking very lean man what AI you still using adex?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea I feel ya lol youll incinerate it when your ready, still looking very lean man what AI you still using adex?
Yes sir. I was using .5mg ED because my test is pretty high, but my joints are starting to hurt so I am backing it back down to EOD.
And thanks I hope to kill it!!! Those pics are first thing in the morning, which is when I look the best haha. After I start drinking all my water and eating I start to look like I have a GH gut LOL

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
A quick update as this log gets going. I had planned on hitting legs yesterday morning. Well my son has a girlfriend out of town and wanted me to take him to see her. Well I figured a nice motorcycle ride was due anyway, so we hopped on my bike and took off.

Had church this morning, came home and prepped food, then took a nap with the wife. Just a lazy day. So I will hit legs for sure tomorrow...

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Yes sir. I was using .5mg ED because my test is pretty high, but my joints are starting to hurt so I am backing it back down to EOD.
And thanks I hope to kill it!!! Those pics are first thing in the morning, which is when I look the best haha. After I start drinking all my water and eating I start to look like I have a GH gut LOL
LOL GH GUT! Nooooo I hate those man.i seen one of my fav. pro;'s with one the other day in a pic on facebook, you might have seen it floating around its got a pic of Arnold on the left and another pic of roelly winklaar with some chick on the right he looked HORRIBLY bloated. never seen him like that before.. I guess hes trying to really put it on for Olympia and maybe when he gets close he might look a lot better but he looked horrible in the pic. MAYBE you need some more Letrone so you can have effective control and no achey joints? lol you think it would work for ya right now? also I mentioned something I found not long ago to mixedup in his log for joint pain, a fairly cheap supplement combo its glucosamine with 2 ginger extracts sold together that has been tested and compared to being even better then taking tons of ibuprofen or prescription anti inflamatorys the ginger sup is called Zinaxin the two extracts are Zingiber officinale and Alpinia galangal itsdosed at 255mg 3-4x a day just a thought, I might check it out myself.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yes I seen where you had mentioned it to mixedup , I may have to give it a try. And yes I think the Letrone would work right now. I am running some high test, but nothing else like I was when I beta tested the AI for brundel . I would really like to give the topical a run, but buying "other" supplements right now and can't afford much OTC stuff haha.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol I know what you mean bout buying other supplements. I was adding up entrance fee. Npc card, tanning and hotel hot damn.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Lol I know what you mean bout buying other supplements. I was adding up entrance fee. Npc card, tanning and hotel hot damn.
Don't take long to add up !!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Yes I seen where you had mentioned it to mixedup , I may have to give it a try. And yes I think the Letrone would work right now. I am running some high test, but nothing else like I was when I beta tested the AI for brundel . I would really like to give the topical a run, but buying "other" supplements right now and can't afford much OTC stuff haha.
ohh yea I feel ya! I knoqw that ExoTHERM looks freaking serious, the letrone AI + another AI I would like to know what kind of AI, and the fat burners, that would probably go really good wih your cut later on..

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you still putting on more muscle. I wanna kind of grow into this show if I come im too heavy a,couple weeks out I'll do physique with no weight class just height

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah look good for 17 weeks man, get shredded then go for sliced....

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Went all in this workout. Not a lot of volume again but was covered in sweat and breathing heavy between sets of squats.

Warm-up
50 leg extensions (light)
2 sets 15 squat 135lbs

Squats-
365 x 8
315 x 14
275 x 16

Prone leg curls-
180 x 14
140 x 16
100 x 20

Calf raises I did in the smith machine I did 3 sets going up in weight with rest periods only long enough to change weights. Rested two minutes then did drop sets, only rest was to pull weights

Calf raises-
225 x 20
275 x 15
325 x 8

325 x 15
275 x 10
225 x 8

By that time I had to sit down my calfs were so pumped they wanted to cramp up on me !!!

Plans are to get up at 5a to do some low intensity cardio before work. Then after work do arms and abs. If I can't get my ass out of bed then it will be cardio after my workout haha

Not going to get my fish and broccoli tonight so calories will be 4200ish.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Are you still putting on more muscle. I wanna kind of grow into this show if I come im too heavy a,couple weeks out I'll do physique with no weight class just height
I hope I am ;) that is always the plan to grow into the show, or as least maintain, but it is very hard to do. I am hoping to cut slow enough that I maintain what I have now.

Yah look good for 17 weeks man, get shredded then go for sliced....
Thanks DreamWeaver ! I hope to be sliced and diced on stage ;)

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Went all in this workout. Not a lot of volume again but was covered in sweat and breathing heavy between sets of squats.

Warm-up
50 leg extensions (light)
2 sets 15 squat 135lbs

Squats-
365 x 8
315 x 14
275 x 16

Prone leg curls-
180 x 14
140 x 16
100 x 20

Calf raises I did in the smith machine I did 3 sets going up in weight with rest periods only long enough to change weights. Rested two minutes then did drop sets, only rest was to pull weights

Calf raises-
225 x 20
275 x 15
325 x 8

325 x 15
275 x 10
225 x 8

By that time I had to sit down my calfs were so pumped they wanted to cramp up on me !!!

Plans are to get up at 5a to do some low intensity cardio before work. Then after work do arms and abs. If I can't get my ass out of bed then it will be cardio after my workout haha

Not going to get my fish and broccoli tonight so calories will be 4200ish.
hell yea is that kind of a pre exhaust technique doing the leg curls before the squats? I've found pre exhaust routines that are set up like this and it kills by the time you start doin your squats and presses good workout looks good! AM Cardio is intense lol

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
hell yea is that kind of a pre exhaust technique doing the leg curls before the squats? I've found pre exhaust routines that are set up like this and it kills by the time you start doin your squats and presses good workout looks good! AM Cardio is intense lol
Somewhat. I do it more to warm up my knees and get the blood flowing. I don't go real heavy or even close to failure. I have used true pre exhaust technique before and liked it.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Somewhat. I do it more to warm up my knees and get the blood flowing. I don't go real heavy or even close to failure. I have used true pre exhaust technique before and liked it.
Definitley, pre exhaust makes you feel like a little girl on the compound moves man, until you get used to it and can get back to putting serious weight on there after the pre exhaust.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you ever done mountain dog training mu coach wants me to do it for 12 weeks

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever done mountain dog training mu coach wants me to do it for 12 weeks
Yes sir. It starts out kind of slow but as you get further in the program it gets better. Not my favorite routine but I have ran it a few times.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitley, pre exhaust makes you feel like a little girl on the compound moves man, until you get used to it and can get back to putting serious weight on there after the pre exhaust.
agree with you guys... Meadows always starts leg day pre-exhausting hams with leg curls.. gets the stretched and pumped, but at the same time put there hell and back before the real work begins.

Have a fair bit of experience with it - definitely effective. What program does he want you to use?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
agree with you guys... Meadows always starts leg day pre-exhausting hams with leg curls.. gets the stretched and pumped, but at the same time put there hell and back before the real work begins.

Have a fair bit of experience with it - definitely effective. What program does he want you to use?
Not sure yet he said it'd 12 weeks will start on Saturday

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Jd what dose winny you at?
50. When I run it at the end of my prep as I get closer to stage time I'll up it to 80-100/day.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Arms, abs and cardio

Barbell curls-
70 x 6
80 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6 x 2

Close Grip rack lock outs- safety bars set at 6" above chest
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 5

Single arm across body pushdowns, reverse grip (tris)-
2 x 15

Rope grip curls-
3 sets 15,20,25

Stepmill-
5 mins level 6
Calves got so pumped I had to quit

Incline weighted sit-ups 4 sets 10

A little longer day today in the gym. Forgot my headphones and had a lot of people wanting to BS so it took longer than I wanted.

Will go tomorrow and do more ab work and cardio.

Also got my T3 in today. Will start it at a low dose tonight prebed, 25 mcg/day .

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Lol I'm starting t3 tonight also
Yes, going to try it again but I am staying low dosed for awhile to see how I respond. I really want to hold onto the mass I have and just get ripped as #### !! :D

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, going to try it again but I am staying low dosed for awhile to see how I respond. I really want to hold onto the mass I have and just get ripped as #### !! :D
I'm doing just a little two tren down regulates t3 so I'll go around 50mcg I figure my 2.5 grams of juice will allow me to hold muscle at that dosage

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How in the world did I miss this! You know I'm here for this!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
How in the world did I miss this! You know I'm here for this!!
Got the good looking lady following now. Better step up my game ;). Thanks for following along Kate!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No weights today, just cardio. I did 40 mins on the treadmill, 3 incline, 3 speed. So nothing to intense but just enough to sweat and keep my heartrate around 110 BPM. Decided Netflix was just perfect for low intensity cardio, watched The Expendables 3 :D or at least the first 35 mins of it haha

No Karbolyn today so I will be around 330g carbs. I will weigh in and take new pics Saturday to see where I am at.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
No weights today, just cardio. I did 40 mins on the treadmill, 3 incline, 3 speed. So nothing to intense but just enough to sweat and keep my heartrate around 110 BPM. Decided Netflix was just perfect for low intensity cardio, watched The Expendables 3 :D or at least the first 35 mins of it haha

No Karbolyn today so I will be around 330g carbs. I will weigh in and take new pics Saturday to see where I am at.
awesome, did the expendables get you all pumped up??

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Lots of shooting and blowing **** up. Yup!!! Lol

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Brother changed my diet up just a bit:

Meal 1- 6 eggs,1 piece ezekial bread, 1 tbs jelly 2 tbs coconut oil, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 2- 2 scoops protein, 1 cup ground oats, 12oz water
Meal 3- 6oz chicken, 1.5 cups white rice, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 4- 8oz chicken, 6oz sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli
Meal 5- took out this meal
Meal 6- 2 scoops protein, 1.5 cup ground oats, 12oz water
Snack - 1 oz almonds
Intra and post workout- 50 total g Karbolyn

I hadn't been getting meal 5 so we took it out. Took out milk, burger and regular wheat bread. Calories are 3927 so only about 300 less. Wasn't trying to lower calories, just change a few things.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Got my 14 year old back in the gym tonight with me. Getting him more on schedule so he can keep going. Gotta get him ready for football this fall ;)

Chest Shoulders Back and cardio

Flat bench- 4 warm up sets
325 x 5 ( had 6 I think but only had my son spotting me )
275 x 8
225 x 12

Bent over barbell rows- 3 warm up sets
315 x 6
225 x 12
135 x 25

Reverse grip chin-ups-

Seated shoulder press in smith-
12, 15 , 20

DB v-rows-
12, 15, 20

7 Hill sprints and 8 tire flips
Only did 4 sprints and was winded pretty bad so rested a minute then did them agian.

Not necassarily after strength right now, but it was up on bench and rows today. If I can keep repping over 300 for half my prep I would be very happy :D

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mmm 3900 cal. We might have to up mine I'm shedding weight so quick I love the supplement combo I'm on

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Mmm 3900 cal. We might have to up mine I'm shedding weight so quick I love the supplement combo I'm on
Yes it looks like you are in your log. I'm only on 2 different supps right now, well not including t3 ;)