AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have decided to throw up a lifting log for the summer. Since I will have a little more free time, I figured why not! Also, I want to throw it up because booneman77 was nice enough to send me his PPL/PHAT template which I will be following. I am only going to make slight alterations such as the days I train each muscle, the exercise selection, and I will probably add in some extra sets for calves.

So, before I get into the lifting and nutrition aspect, I am going to talk about what's going on right now in my personal life. I am finish long term subbing today. The teacher I am subbing for is coming back from maternity leave on Monday. I may be used as a regular sub, but we'll have to see if I will be needed. In the mean time, I am going to be working at BJ's Wholesale Club and I am looking for another summer job. I love to work, I hate being bored. I am also looking for a permit teaching job for next year. I applied to all jobs in my state and have started looking outside my state. That is what I am doing right now with my life. I will take you along with me on doctors appointments too, which there will be plenty this summer.

My lifting history is as follows. I started lifting at 18. I lost 70 pounds between my freshmen and sophomore year of high school, but got the itch to lift when I graduated. I planned on competing in a bodybuilding show August 2012, but was hospitalized for a heart transplant in July 2012. I started lifting 6 weeks post surgery. I was about 135 pounds when I started lifting again. I was about 175 when I was hospitalized.

Long term goals are to compete. Right now, I want to essentially lean bulk. That way, when time comes to cut, I will not have to for an extended period of time. I know that means it will take me longer to get to where I want to be, but oh well. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

My lifting schedule will look like this:

Sunday - Pull Hyper
Monday - Push Power
Tuesday - Legs Hyper
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Pull Power
Friday - Push Hyper
Saturday - Legs Power

I am going to start this Sunday. I may switch the push with the pull, what do you all think? This is my first time following a PPL routine. I may do cardio on Wednesday. I usually do one HIIT session each week, but think that is a bad idea while lifting six times per week. If I do cardio, it will be LISS 20-30 minutes. On my off day, I will definitely do ab work and mobility work.

As far as my diet, I carb cycle. I have two low days, two high days, and three moderate days. I will go more into this when I start the log.

Supplements I will be using are:

CreMax
PES Select
Animal Whey
Orange Triad
Oxiomega
NOW Vitamin C-1000
NOW Vitamin D - 5,000
NOW Probiotic 25 million
Primaforce LCLT
Animal Juiced Aminos
Samples of pre workouts - I have a lot of samples and coming off a stim break and I have a bunch of samples I need to get rid of.

I will also be adding in Myokem Magnitropin and Alphadex. I will be logging those and will have a separate thread for that.

I am coming off a deload so this should be interesting!

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
In! Good luck man!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In man

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally, Sunday was going to be my off day and Monday was going to start with Pull Hyper. I switched that around when typing out the OP though. I scheduled my deload back day for today. I'm hoping that doesn't throw Sunday off.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last deload day. Legs. I am going to switch my pull and push days so tomorrow will be a push day. I also got something exciting in the mail today I will post later once I scan it and edit it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been working hard for this. Stoked that it came in the mail today!

Teaching Certificate-page-001.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There you go! Congrats man

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There you go! Congrats man
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Just got home from work and my first training session on this new split. Will try to post later tonight, I need to eat and shower now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

Good luck on the job search man, and congrats on the Cert!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sunday, June 14, 2015
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 146.6

I weighed in at .6 lbs less than last week. And this was coming off a week where I deloaded and increased cals. I was debating increasing cals for this week since I will not be as active due to teaching being over and being in the transition of getting more hours at my other job. Howevr, I said forget it and increased my two high carb days by 50 more cals each in the form of carbs for this week. If I am not that active, I can do 5 minutes post workout cardio a few times this week. Or just go for a walk outside since it is getting very nice out.

Today was an interesting day at work. I failed to mention in the OP that on Sunday's, I work at BJ's Wholesale Club. I have been there for almost seven years now. I am currently in the bakery department. I will be working more there since school is over unless I get a job teaching summer school. I am also looking for another job this summer in addition to the one at BJ's. If you have any questions about BJ's or wholesale clubs in general, just ask.

Anyways, I went in an hour before we opened. I noticed caution tape around the coolers and freezers. There was no produce or meat out. To make a long story short, a transformer blew yesterday at 3 PM. We got it back up and running this morning, but we could not open the store at (. We had to wait until the health inspector came and cleared everything. We opened at 11:30, two hours later than normal. In addition, we ran out of blue ink in the bakery for pictures on cakes. I offered to go to another club about 20 minutes away, to get the ink. Luckily, we didn't get backed up.

I had my first dose of Magnitropin and Alphadex with my first meal of the day at work which was around 12:15. It is too soon to say how those are working since it is the first day, but we shall see!

Training
Seated Smith Shoulder Press 90 sec rest
70x8,8,8,8,8,9*

This week calls for 6x8 with the last set being AMRAP. First time in a long time doing these.

Incline Smith Bench Press 90 sec rest
90x10, 10, 8 + 3*

This week calls for 3x10. After the second set, I knew the third was going to be tough, but I decided to stay with the weight. I should have rested a little longer. I could have gotten a 9th rep, but didn't want to go for the longest rep ever. I stopped at 8, rested for 30 seconds and got 3 more reps. It was my first time in forever since I last did these. I liked it because I was able to really focus on my chest. I'm saving most of the free weights for power days.

Seated Machine Side Laterals 60 sec rest

60x11,10,10

I like the machine because I get a very good contraction. At the top, I squeeze for a second or two and have a very slow negative.

Flat DB Bench Press 90 sec rest

50x10,10,10

Cable Rope Tricep Pressdown 45 sec rest

15,5x15, 17.5x12,12

Squeeze at the bottom with a slow negative.

Straight Bar Cable Tricep Pressdown 45 sec rest

35.5x10,10,10

Squeeze at the bottom with a slow negative.

Nutrition

Low Carb Day - 2,050 cals

Today was one of my two low carb days. I try to stay under 80 grams of carbs these days. Right now, I follow IF since that worked well with my teaching schedule, however, I may switch that since I'm done for the year. Below are my macros for the day and my post workout meal.

Cals - 2,050
Carbs - 79g
  • Fiber - 38g
Protein - 218g
Fat - 112g
  • Sat. - 29g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 34g
Post Workout Meal Today - 3 Whole eggs, 1 fried, two in the sandwich with some egg whites, FlatOut bread, Quest Chocolate Mint Bar, Fat Free Cheese, Coconut Oil (to cook the eggs in) 4 teaspoons olive oil, mustard, hotsauce, 1 scoop CnC Animal Whey mixed with 170g plain ff Greek Yogurt

0614151652.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carb count =
lol

I loved BJs before switching to SAMs; except their customer service. I had a business account, and every time I went they couldn't find my tax exemption paperwork.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb count =
lol

I loved BJs before switching to SAMs; except their customer service. I had a business account, and every time I went they couldn't find my tax exemption paperwork.
Carb count is higher today, 307 carbs.

That is funny you say that because my BJ's has the same issue with tax papers lol. I would actually prefer Costco, but my membership is free so it makes no sense for me two switch. Castco has a few things my store doesn't carry that I like. I did the math out, I would not consume enough of those foods to pay back the $55 membership fee at Costco. I think I would only save 30 dollars or so, so essentially, I would be paying 25 dollars to Costco to shop there.

One advantage that BJ's has over Costco and SAMs is the coupon policy. BJ's will take one of their coupons AND a manufacturers coupon for one item. Sometimes, there is an instant rebate on the product too. I know I once got a 36 count box of fiber one bars for $3.50

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fiber One bars are awesome.

Purchasing chicken at 1.82/lb makes my membership worthwhile. I buy lots of other stuff from there too though

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fiber One bars are awesome.

Purchasing chicken at 1.82/lb makes my membership worthwhile. I buy lots of other stuff from there too though
You got BJ's beat there. We have Perdue Chicken Breast, but at 2.99/lb. Local grocery stores usually have chicken breast for 1.99 a few times a month. We do have 93/7 ground beef for about $4.16/lb, cheapest I have seen for that cut.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You got BJ's beat there. We have Perdue Chicken Breast, but at 2.99/lb. Local grocery stores usually have chicken breast for 1.99 a few times a month. We do have 93/7 ground beef for about $4.16/lb, cheapest I have seen for that cut.
SAMs has a 90/10, and I'm pretty certain it's in the mid 3's. You have to buy a lot of it though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday, June 15, 2015
Pull Power

I scheduled two interviews for this week. One is a second interview at BestBuy and the second is for this new company in my town. Apparently, he liked my resume and wants me to train new employees. I am going to see this guy Thursday to talk more in depth about everything.

It was nice to go to the gym in the morning, I got to see a lot of old faces that I've missed. Today's training session went very well. Even thought it was a power day, I got an awesome pump. That was because I was really focusing on squeezing, contracting, and having slow negatives.

I still cannot comment on this new stack. One thing I did notice late last night was I was very hungry, more than I normally am on a low carb day. I don't know if it was the -epi or the fact that I trained on a low carb day, which I'm not used to.

Training
Deadlift 2-3 min rest
265x5x5x5x5x7*

This week calls for 5x5 with the last set being AMRAP.

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups 90 sec rest
5x5,5,6*

This week calls for 3 sets of 5 with the last set being AMRAP.

V Attachment Cable Row 90 sec rest

120x7,6,6

V Attachment Lat Pulldown 90 sec rest

120x6,6,6

Machine Row 60 sec rest

100x7,6,7

This is a seated chest supported machine with several different handles. I used a regular overhand grip, about shoulder width.

Reverse Fly 60 sec rest

100x6,6,6

Nutrition

High Carb - 2,550 cals

Cals - 2,550
Carbs - 307g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 219g
Fat - 49g
  • Sat. - 16g
  • Poly. - 3g
  • Mono. - 5g
Sweet Potatoes, Rice Cakes, Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla with 1 scoop CnC Animal Whey. Also in the bowl, Chex Mix Muddy Buddy CnC, Raspberries, and Weight Watchers cereal. I don't know what makes it Weight Watchers, but it was only $.75 and it's good.

0615151224.jpg

Also, a picture of today's small grocery haul. Old Fashioned Oats, Egg Whites, Sweet Potatoes, Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt, Avocado, Rice Cakes, 5.5 lbs broccoli.

0615151249.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ha ha you buy broccoli like I do. All of it

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
very interesting log :) I will be following and see how you do with your P/P/L and diet!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on the interviews man

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting to note that in comparison to the routine I was following prior to last week's deload, the volume with this program is lower, but the DOMS I'm experiencing is more. I think it might be due to my intensity being greater since the volume is a little lower. I can give every set my all versus trying to leave some in the tank on my previous program.

Also, I think a little cold is coming on. I've been sneezing a little and my throat is a little sore. That is usually the first thing. But it feels better than last night. I need to be a little better with my hand washing.

Ha ha you buy broccoli like I do. All of it
Yes sir. It is on sale this week for .99/lb. When it is on sale like that, I will buy 5-6 pounds at the beginning of the week, when the sale starts, and then on Saturday since it is the last day. Just in case it isn't on sale the next week. Plus, those two bags will only last until Saturday!

very interesting log :) I will be following and see how you do with your P/P/L and diet!
Thanks!

Good luck on the interviews man
Thanks brah. Just looking for another summer gig while hopefully landing a teaching job. Need to make that money during the summer! I hate having too much time on my hands.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My throat has been crap for over a week now. Can't figure out if it's a cold or allergies.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Totally agree with you on the "every set gets your all" mentality. I felt the same when I switched to PHAT and some of the exercises have only 2 sets and is only 5 days. Def makes a difference. The other thing is truly focusing on power or hyper that day. I found that trying to do too much of both took my focus away from one or the other.

I bought 4.5lb of broccoli on saturday and ate it all between sat/sun ha. Refeeds for me become an excuse to eat an unreal amount of broccoli and brussels.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
broccoli, brussels, unreal??
I never thought i'd hear a guy mention those words in the same sentence haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
what kind of weirdo's do you know? Those are veggie roids ;)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
oh ant has a log? well now im subscribed 4 lyfe... actually 5 lyfe cuz dats moar den 4 lyfe

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My throat has been crap for over a week now. Can't figure out if it's a cold or allergies.
Now that you mention it, it may be allergies. I never had them before, but post transplant, I am affected by them.

Totally agree with you on the "every set gets your all" mentality. I felt the same when I switched to PHAT and some of the exercises have only 2 sets and is only 5 days. Def makes a difference. The other thing is truly focusing on power or hyper that day. I found that trying to do too much of both took my focus away from one or the other.

I bought 4.5lb of broccoli on saturday and ate it all between sat/sun ha. Refeeds for me become an excuse to eat an unreal amount of broccoli and brussels.
I agree with you. When I go into the gym to lift heavy, I go in with a completely different mind set. I would say that I am more amped up because I know I have to push some weight. Compare to hypertrophy days, I am less intense, but more focused knowing I need to go with mind over matter and focus on going for reps.

Green veggies>>>>>>>>>>>>>other veggies.

oh ant has a log? well now im subscribed 4 lyfe... actually 5 lyfe cuz dats moar den 4 lyfe
Oh hai!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Legs Hypertrophy

Pretty good workout today despite not feeling 100%. I cannot believe how sore my back is! When I was foam rolling today, I really wanted to cry. I haven't winced that much in a long time. I had a killer pump going to. You know your pump is epic when you're wearing black compression pants and see the vascularity through the dark color. I did modify the session though from the way boone outlined it. I did 5 sets each for calves instead of 3 each.

As far as my day today, just filled out a bunch of out of state teaching apps and a new one in my state. Also went to my grandmothers to put her AC in for here. Better to do it now before it gets too hot. Also, I forgot how parking is at the gym at 9 in the morning. Too many damn soccer moms doing their classes!

Training

Front Squat 60 - 90 second rest

115x8,8,8,8,8,9*

This week calls for 6x8 with the last set being AMRAP. Haven't done front squats in forever, I was happy with these. I also forgot how taxing front squats are as far as breathing goes. I felt like it was a cardio session with that rest period.

Leg Press 60 - 90 sec rest

230x10, 10, 12

This week calls for 3 sets of 10 with the last set being AMRAP. We have 3 different leg presses. A squat press, the platform pivots and is not a sled, a new leg press which seems so damn easy, and this older one which no one uses because you cannot go as heavy. I love it because no one uses it and because I like the challenge.

Seated Hamstring Curl 60 sec rest

95x15, 12, 12

Hold on the contraction and had a negative of 2-3 seconds. Yes, I counted on a clock. Provided for a killer pump.

Leg Extensions 60 sec rest

100x13, 10, 10

I adjust the seat so that my lower back is on the back pad, but my body is as upright as possible. I have found by doing that and not leaning back, it makes it a lot harder to cheat.

Standing Machine Calf Raise 45 - 60 sec rest

150x12,11,11,10,10

Seated Hammerstrength Calf Raise 45 - 60 sec rest

90x13,12,11,10,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,300
Carbs - 195g
  • Fiber - 48g
Protein - 219g
Fat - 81g
  • Sat. - 20g
  • Poly. - 12g
  • Mono. - 30g
Post workout today - Sweet Potatoes, Volume Proats with almond milk, egg whites, natty, pb, and CPBC Select, raspberries, and regular fiber one cereal (it's just bran cereal with 0 sugar). I dumped the cereal and raspberries with the oatmeal after the picture. Also, I call them volume oats because right before all the milk is absorbed, I add in more water, then once all that is almost gone, I add in the egg whites. All the additional liquid gives it so much more volume than it would initially have.

0616151218.jpg

The reason why I am showing you all some of my meals is because I am an advocate of flexible dieting/IIFYM. As you could see all of my foods in that meal, and for the entire day, were "clean foods". Yesterday, I had a serving of muddy buddies and a serving of cereal which can be seen as "dirty". It is all about moderation. I want people to see that this is how IIFYM should be practiced and viewed.

Homemade muffins coming tomorrow long with C4 reviews!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
AntM1564; totally agree with your ideas on IIFYM.. i think that is the correct way to do it in my opinion. If its too strict it becomes a chore and no one wants to follow something too long if it isnt fun or enjoyable.

I eat quite similar ie mostly healthy things i make myself but i WILL go out and have dinner and order desert too time to time. and I manage to stay lean however even though i am training for gains, officially.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Legs Hypertrophy

Off day today. Legs do not feel too sore, but feel tired if that makes sense. I went to the gym and did ab work, mobility, and cardio. I tried to do HIIT, but only got through five rounds or so and my legs said no mas. Did some light cardio instead for 20 minutes. What's odd is when I got home from the gym, I was walking to my front door and felt tightness in the back of my knee, in between my hamstring and calf. I only feel it when I am walking/lock my knee out completely, but more so when I'm walking. I don't know what happened between my drive home from the gym and getting home. Maybe I took too big of a stride when leaving the gym. Oh well, it won't affect me.

Went to my interview with the GM of Best Buy. He told me there are still a few to do, but he liked me. He would let me know his decision some time next week. I go home, checked my email and saw an offer lol. I took it, but I'm still going to the other interview tomorrow since it would be a better fit for me. At least I have something else lined up for the summer, so I'll have two little jobs while looking for a teaching gig. Gonna go for the drug test tomorrow morning or Friday afternoon.

Speaking of which, while I was interviewing, I got a call from a school in North Carolina that I applied to. We are going to have a phone interview on Monday the 29th.

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,050
Carbs - 77g
  • Fiber - 39g
Protein - 219g
Fat - 107g
  • Sat. - 36g
  • Poly. - 6g
  • Mono. - 22g
Carbless Select Death By Chocolate Muffins. I guess carbless could be debated since they have cocoa powder, but no flour. Moist and rose nicely.

0617151218-2.jpg

Reviews later today

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ooh, those muffins..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ooh, those muffins..
They were good. I make them weekly. he picture is terrible though. I had to use a filter because the original was too dark. If you saw better picture quality, you'd drool all over your keyboard.

UPDATE

So after I wrote this, I checked me email. Right after I typed my last post, I got an email from a woman who I was coordinating a summer school position with. 21 days, 5 hours a day, and $28/hr. She told me I got it. Now I feel like a jerk because I have to tell Best Buy sorry. I did the math, even giving myself more hours I would work at Best Buy and during those 21 days, I would make more from summer school than 9 weeks at Best Buy.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Recipe for the muffins?

Eh on the best buy job... you're so much better off padding your resume then taking another random job (not to mention better money)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recipe for the muffins?

Eh on the best buy job... you're so much better off padding your resume then taking another random job (not to mention better money)
That's what I figured. Not only is the pay better for the summer school job, but I'll be making a little more money in half the time. Also, I can add it to my resume which I think looks pretty good so far for a new teacher. student teaching, the long term substitute the day after I finished student teaching, and now summer school. And it is all in the state system which pays a lot more and has great benefits. I'm hoping to get in if and when possible.

The recipe is really simple: Next to the ingredients are my measurements for this batch.

Two large eggs - 111 grams
Olive Oil - 8 grams
Select Protein - 33 grams
Unsweetened Cocoa - 15 grams
Dash of cinnamon and baking powder

I like these on low carb days because you're only getting carbs from the cocoa powder, but it has a ton of fiber. This batch needed more wet, so I had to use some water, but you can use more oil, milk, egg whites, etc.

Mix your wet and then add your dry to your wet. I cooked them at 350 for 10 minutes. The tops were still a tad gooey which I like because once they cool, they are not overdone.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM Reviews Cellucor C4 Extreme

View attachment 120426

View attachment 120427

I am coming off a 5 week stim break. Instead of opening a new tub of a pre workout, I decided to take all of the samples I have, which is a lot, and start assessing them and write reviews on them. First up is Cellucor C4 Extreme, two flavors, sour apple and fruit punch.

Mixability - Perfect, see the two pictures. A tiny bit of foam, but nothing extreme. No clumps and I did not use a whisk or anything else in the shaker. 10/10

Profile - Creatine Nitrate and Beta Alanine are dosed well, at two scoops which I used. Not overly stimulated either at one or two scoops. One scoop provides 135 mg of caffeine which is nice for someone looking for an average stim option. Someone like me with a naturally high tolerance needs two scoops, but the affects of two scoops are there. 10/10

Energy - Pretty good. At two scoops, I did not feel over stimulated and did feel like I had some extra energy. I cannot assess this on if I was not coming off a stim break. I can only assume it would not have affected me too much if I have been using stims. However, using it when I did, I had a nice flow of energy that carried me through my training sessions with no crash afterwards. It was clean with no jitters too. 8/10

Focus - Focus was pretty good. Nothing laser like, but I was focused throughout my entire workout. Once again, as I used it was good, but I don't know how this aspect would have been if I have been using stims. 9/10

Taste - Both flavors were pretty good. First, lets talk about the sour apple. This flavor I used 8 ounces of water. It did remind me of a sour apple candy. However, it was not overly sour or sweet, which I enjoyed. It reminded me of a green Jolly Rancher, not sour and a little sweet. I really enjoyed that flavor and would highly recommend it. The fruit punch on the other hand was your typical fruit punch. It did not stand out to me. Was is bad, no, but fruit punch is fruit punch. It is an overused flavor, probably due to it being very popular and perhaps it is easy to flavor. If you really enjoy fruit punch, you'll like this, but if you're looking for a fruit punch flavor that stands out from others, go with another flavor.

Sour Apple - 10/10
Fruit Punch - 7/10

Overall - If you are looking for a pre workout that isn't stim heavy, I would efinitely check Cellucor C4 out. It is worth the purchase and trying. I have only had these two flavors and would go with the apple over the fruit punch. If you are looking for a little extra kick in the gym with some extra focus, go with this. It is a solid formula that provides solid effects. Cellucor makes awesome products so you know you're getting something solid and not trash.

Sour Apple - 9/10
Fruit Punch - 8/10

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've tried just about every pre on the market and for whatever reason c4 has always been a favorite. Something about the blend just works well with me

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried just about every pre on the market and for whatever reason c4 has always been a favorite. Something about the blend just works well with me
I don't know how well it would work for me if I had been on stims for a while, but it is a solid product. I know it would work for most if it worked for me. I've very tolerant to stims for some reason.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't know how well it would work for me if I had been on stims for a while, but it is a solid product. I know it would work for most if it worked for me. I've very tolerant to stims for some reason.
I am too which was why I always wondered why this seemed to circumvent that ha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the job man

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 18, 2015
Pull Power

So it is now official. I will have the summer school position. I have to go to training on the 29th. It is 45-55 minutes away, but it is only from 8:30-12:30 and then I have to fill out the payroll information. Not too bad. Then the summer schooling begins on July 6 and goes to July 31, so 4 full weeks. It runs from 7:30 to 12:30 every day minus the weekends. It will be at my high school/where I student taught/where I subbed/ It is only a 12 minutes drive. I can't complain. I applied to one other school in my state today since that school and another opened up yesterday. Before I fill out the other application, I have to update my resume with the summer school position. I will not be teaching social studies. Instead, it is an online health class. I have to make sure students understand the material, answer questions, report their progress, and record their grades. Not bad for $28/hr.

I called one of the nurses to the transplant team this morning to see what allergy medications I can take. I had to cave in, these allergies are killing me! I can take all of them which was surprising, usually I have to avoid something.

Had a heavy push day today, it went pretty well.

Once again, sleep was top notch. I am loving the dose of Alphadex pre bed. Libido seems to be up a little more than normal too.

Training

Flat Bench 3-5 min rest

150x5,5,5,5,9*

This week calls for 5x5 with the last set being AMRAP. I originally wrote I was going to do my sets at 145 pounds, but I wanted to do more than my weight. Bench, even pre transplant, was never a strong suit for me. I suck at benching for some reason. And I do not bounce the weight off my chest, I don't want the wires holding me together to loosen :D My rest periods were in between 3-4 minutes. I will give myself 5 if needed though. It is power day after all!

Military Press 2-3 min rest

95x5,5,8*

This week calls for 3 sets of 5 with the last set being AMRAP. All the way down to the collarbone and up. No leg dive.

Incline Bench 90 sec rest

125x6,6,6

Seated Smith Shoulder Press 90 sec rest

70x6,6,6

I wanted to go behind the neck, but something felt off. I never had an issue before, but I have never gone 6-8 reps after other pressing. Weight just includes the plates total, 35 on each side, no bar.

Weighted Dips 60 - 90 sec rest

25x7,7,7

Incline Skull Crusher 60 - 90 sec rest

70x7,6,6

I lift my head off the bench so I can bring the bar behind my head/neck and come straight up. It allows for a greater range or motion.

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 2,550
Carbs - 307g
  • Fiber - 48g
Protein - 218g
Fat - 51g
  • Sat. - 12g
  • Poly. - 5g
  • Mono. - 10g

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For those amrap sets, you should be a lot closer to the prescribed reps than you are... if you're getting 9 (4 extra) then you need to up the weight on your working sets. You should only get an extra rep or maybe two on those amrap's. The idea is to leave 1 rep in the tank on all work sets and on the amrap's just give it all (so +1-2max)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those amrap sets, you should be a lot closer to the prescribed reps than you are... if you're getting 9 (4 extra) then you need to up the weight on your working sets. You should only get an extra rep or maybe two on those amrap's. The idea is to leave 1 rep in the tank on all work sets and on the amrap's just give it all (so +1-2max)
Excluding OHP, my AMRAPs are typically 8-10 (+4-5). Seems to have worked out great for my progress.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So you're leaving 3-4 reps in the tank in each lift? That seems like it wouldn't be enough of a stimulus to progress.

Not disagreeing that it works for you, just wouldn't have thought that as effective

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're leaving 3-4 reps in the tank in each lift? That seems like it wouldn't be enough of a stimulus to progress.

Not disagreeing that it works for you, just wouldn't have thought that as effective
Not exactly. My top set is always an AMRAP or a new max. If it were a singles AMRAP (which I don't really do) it would probably be a +2-3.

This is why I'm following.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1434666716.360529.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not exactly. My top set is always an AMRAP or a new max. If it were a singles AMRAP (which I don't really do) it would probably be a +2-3.

This is why I'm following.

View attachment 120480
Ah I see. That makes a big difference when you're adding weight each set. I'm just lazy and like doing my sets at the same weight ha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah I see. That makes a big difference when you're adding weight each set. I'm just lazy and like doing my sets at the same weight ha
If I was doing the top weight set for multiple 5's or 3's, then a final AMRAP wouldn't be but + one or two. Until progress stalls, I'm all in on this one.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may have underestimated what I could use weight wise. This first week was more or less a trial and error.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got an email today from the teacher that was on maternity leave thanking me and also giving me some inside information. Another tech high school in the state is hiring a social studies teacher! I need to apply to it ASAP. I went to a tech high school, student taught in the same one, substitute taught in it as well, and am now doing the summer school job in the same one. That may look really good. Fingers crossed. I also got this bad boy in the mail today! Be on the lookout for reviews

0619151355.jpg