Clown's "Closing in on 40" Recomp Journey

clown007

clown007

Awards
I have decided to partake on the journey of recomposition as I near the big 4-0.
I am currently turning 38 so I figure I have more than enough time to be at my "best ever" for my 40th birthday. Yes it is quite some time away, but starting now gives me plenty of time to mess up and try out a bunch of things I have yet to try.
Currently I am 5'9", 185lbs and about 25% body fat.
My max lifts are a 260lbs bench press, a 340lbs back squat and a 450lbs deadlift.

My goal is to be somewhere around 12% body fat, with as much muscle as possible. I have no grand allusions of putting on 30lbs of muscle or anything. I would like to put on some muscle while getting down to my 12% though, whether that be during my body fat reduction or once the reduction has happened.

Just recently (5 days ago), I started my Ostar1ne, Dermacrine, Elim1nate, Ergonine and Lecithin granules cycle. The Osta/Derm/Elim will last 8 weeks before I begin my PCT while the Lecithin and Ergonine will be an ongoing staple to my daily intake. After this, I will take stock of what has worked and what hasn't, and plan accordingly my subsequent cycles going forward.

In terms of nutrition I am following a IIFYM style diet with an aim to keep my food sources as clean as possible. I am eating about 2300 cals per day which is about 200 cals below maintenance.

Training wise, I have just begun Ben Pakulski's MI40x Graduate Program. This program will last about 6 weeks, after which I will move to the Advanced German Volume Training program.

So with all that said, this was today's workout which was the first day of the MI40x program.

Phase 1- Workout 1: Chest, Front Delts and Biceps
“Let the pain begin!”

Incline BB Bench Press (shoulder-width grip) 4×10 tempo 4-0-1-0 rest 40 seconds

Incline BB Bench Press (4″ wider that shoulder width) 4×10 +NOS (last set) tempo 4-1-1-0 rest 40 seconds

Flat DB Flys 4×15 +NOS (last set) tempo 4-1-1-0 rest 40 seconds

Cable Crossovers (bring cables from slightly below shoulder to chin height) 3×15 tempo 4-1-1-0
Plyo Pushups 3×21 tempo 4-0-1-0
Plate “Bus Drivers” Front Raises 3×12 tempo 4-0-1-0 rest 40 seconds

One-Arm Standing DB Curls (max supination) 4×12 tempo 4-0-1-1
Prone 45 degree Barbell Spider Curls (elbows in) 4×8 +NOS (last set) tempo 4-0-1-0 rest 40 seconds

10 mins of Abs: rotate through triplet as many times in 10 mins as possible
Hanging Leg Raises
BOSU crunches
Russian Twists

This was a TOUGH start! My front delts took a beating just from the Incline Bench which meant I got to feel that pump through every exercise afterwards LOL. In order to hit the prescribed reps at the prescribed tempo and rest period, I had to drop the weights WAY down. This was fine as the pump and intensity was incredible!
By the time I got to the Plyo pushups, I had to do the pushups off the knees and even then could only barely get my hands off the ground.
When I was completing the biceps exercises, once again my good old front delts let me know they were present and accounted for! For as much as my biceps pumped during the DB curls and Spider Curls, so did my front delts!

All in all this was a fun start to what I know will be an intense 6 weeks. I am looking forward to the change in workout style. For years I have been trying to push for heavier and heavier weight, only to tweak a muscle or hurt a joint. I think this lowered weight and increased time under tension will do wonders for my recomp goal and my joint health.

I am looking forward to this ride with Ostar1ne, Dermacrine, Elim1nate, Ergonine and Lecithin (products I have never used before), as well as the new training protocols.

This will be fun!!

-clown

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yesterday's workout has the DOMs going something fierce in my chest and front delts! I did a 5km jog on top of yesterday's workout, but won't be doing that again today.
The cycle of Osta... seems to be working at least in terms of a feeling of well being and overall energy. I am assuming the Dermacrine may be the reason for the general sense of well-being. The Ergonine definitely helps with the workout energy that's for sure! I am playing with the dose of the Lecithin as I haven't felt a noticeable difference in muscle fullness... I started with 2 tsps a day but I have upped it to three tbsp a day to see if there is a noticeable difference. I realize I am taking quite a few products so figuring out how I am responding to each is difficult to parse apart.

Today's workout: Back, Rear Delts and Triceps

Seated Cable Row (outward intention with shoulder width grip and bar travelling to sternum) 4x10 * 2second isometric holds on each rep, plus 5 partials at the end of each set), rep tempo 4-0-1-2, rest period 40 seconds

Bent Over Barbell Rows (outward intention) 6x 14,10,7,7,10,14, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, with rest period 40 seconds

Reverse Grip (Assisted) Pull-Ups 4x10 +NOS (last set), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest period 40 seconds

Supine 60 degree Incline Cable Pulldowns (lean back with core tight) 4x10, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest period 40 seconds

Bent Over DB Lateral 4x10+ NOS (last set), tempo 4-0-1-0 superset with
Bent Over Band Laterals 4x10 +NOS (last set), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest period 40 seconds after superset

Double Rope Pressdowns with elbows behind body 3x15 with 2 second isometric hold, tempo 4-0-1-2 superset with
Decline (slight) Barbell Tricep Extensions 3x7, tempo 4-0-1-0 rest after superset 40 seconds

smike

Awards
You have more than enough time to look the best you can at 40.
This is a great idea so i think i will do the same but i only have 10 months to 40 and a lot of changes in life since we are moving to Canada in August.

I will follow along

clown007

clown007

Awards
Excellent! Thanks smike.

I figure having a plan this far out can only help me set realistic and attainable goals.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Stomach bug hit me and couldn't workout yesterday or today either. Hopefully back to working condition by tomorrow!!

-clown

clown007

clown007

Awards
Today's Workout: Quads and Hams

Leg Extensions 3x7 with a 5-7 second isometric hold, rep tempo 4-0-1-(5-7), rest 40 seconds

Deep Box Lunge with DB 3x21, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 seconds

Barbell Back Squat 4x21,14,10,21, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 seconds

DB Squats (heels elevated) 4x10+ NOS, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 seconds

Standing Leg Curls 3x21, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest period 40 seconds

Lying Hamstring Curl on Stability Ball 4x10 with isometric hold at 30 degrees, rep tempo 4-0-2-0, rest period 40 seconds

I have to switch out the Leg Press and Lying Leg Curls that were prescribed due to equipment limitations. I will be getting a Smith Machine for my gym which will let me do a modified vertical leg press.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Forgot to add a 5 km run to begin the workout. :)

-clown

clown007

clown007

Awards
Day 10 on the Ostar1ne (20mg)/Dermacrine (4 pumps)/Elim1nate (50mg)/Ergonine (1 serving)/Lecithin Granule (4 tbsp) stack.
These dosages will remain the same for another 18 days (total of 4 weeks). I will then reevaluate to see if I may move up to 25mg Ostar1ne and possibly 5 pumps of Dermacrine.

As for the workouts- they are going really well. They are intense and I can really feel the muscles swell. I am loving the fact that my joints are being hammered each workout like they used to when I was going heavy.

The leg workout was crazy- my quads were screaming!

Tomorrow is a Biceps/Chest/Front Delts workout. I am looking forward to this workout!

-clown

clown007

clown007

Awards
Warmup: 5km jog
Today's Workout: Biceps/Chest/Side+Rear Delts

Barbell Preacher Curls 4x7 with 5sec isometric, rep tempo 4-0-1-5
Incline DB Curls 4x7+NOS, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40secs after superset

One-arm High Band Curls 4x15, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Incline DB Press 4x12, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Machine Chest Press 4x12, rep tempo 7-1-1-1, rest 40 secs

75 degree Incline DB Lateral Raises 3x12, rep tempo 4-0-1-0
Bent-Over Band Lateral Raises (across body) 3x12, rep tempo 2-1-1-1
Standing Band Lateral Raises (straight arms) 3x12, rep tempo 4-0-1-0 rest 40 secs after superset

clown007

clown007

Awards
Wonderful Sunday workout!

Incline (slight) EZ Curl Extensions 7×7, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

Seated OH Cable Tricep Extensions 3×8+NOS (all sets), rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Bench Triceps Dips 3×8+NOS (all sets), rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Deadlifts 6x 6,8,12,6,8,12, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Wide-Grip Pull-Ups (2 sec stretch), rep tempo 4-2-1-0 *band assisted*
Reverse-Grip Pulldowns (outward intention) 4×14 *sets 1&2 vertical, 3&4 leaning back, rep tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 seconds after superset

Cable Row 3×3, rep tempo (note the tempo) 10-3-10-0, rest 40 secs

After the workout, the new Smith Machine will be put together for the gym!!

smike

Awards
Do you like m140x? And how long are the workouts?

Tempo on the cable rows looks horrible

clown007

clown007

Awards
I'm loving the MI40x. Workouts are about an hour, not including cardio or warm-ups...
You have to be willing to drop the weights as needed to hit the tempo and rest period prescriptions, but my muscles are loving the program!
The tempos are gruelling for sure.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why didn't I see this log? I'm here, time to party! I've been reading up on the program! I love it so far! :D

clown007

clown007

Awards
Hey! thanks puccah, glad to see you here!
I love it too. Today's back workout was great! Felt like my lats were going to explode from my back. Follow the lat work with the lengthy TUT cable rows, and my back was done:)
Still have my run to do later on, but back and triceps were really hit hard today for sure!

-clown

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yesterday's back workout was great! I just bought the Flexsolate wraps and used them on the rows today. They are wrist wraps that loop around the bar so that grip is taken out of the exercise. More importantly I found that I could really accentuate the outward intention on the movement. This made the crazy long tempo of the rows even more nuts!

I am feeling really good on the Ostar1ne/Dermacrine/Elim1nate/Ergonine/Lecithin stack. I find my recovery is much better. I haven't felt the muscle fullness that some people are feeling from the lecithin, but I am finding that endurance has been kicked up a notch. I am finding that the 5 km at a pace of 25 mins feels like a 5 km jog paced at 30 mins. Its a great feeling.

Monday evening workout:

Lying Leg Curls (body extended) 7×7, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

DB Squats (DBs slightly in front of knees) 4×7,7,14,14 (each set to failure), tempo 4-0-1-0
DB Squats (DBs beside hips) 4×7,7,14,14 (each set to failure), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

BB Glute Bridges 4×7,14,7,14, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Stiff-Leg Deadlifts 4×21, tempo 4-0-1-0
Step-Ups (low cable resistance) 4×21, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

15 mins of the following circuit:
10 Hanging Leg Raises
20 Single Leg Calf Raises on box
20 BOSU crunches (extended ROM)
10 Standing Calf Raises (Smith machine)

clown007

clown007

Awards
Holy _____! The dumbbell squats finished my already stiff quads, and the BB glute bridges followed by the stiff-leg deadlifts and my lower back and hams are fried!

Yikes!!!!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Have been using Spun Compression Gear for recovery each night while I sleep. Maybe its just in my head but I find it helping with recovery. I'm going to keep wearing to see if the recovery remains heightened.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Got to say that I'm loving the recovery from the stack and compression gear. Yesterday's leg workout was rough, yet the legs are feeling pretty decent today.
As for what's next...

Entering Phase Two!!

30 degree Incline DB Press 4x10, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

60 degree Incline DB Press 4x10+5 partials on all sets, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Flat DB Flys 3x8+NOS (last set), tempo 4-0-1-0
Cable Crossovers (high to low) 3x10 strip sets on all sets, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Floor Lying Cable Front Raises 3x10, tempo 4-0-1-2
75 degree DB Lateral Raises 3x15, tempo 3-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

EZ Curl Spider Curls 6x10, tempo 4-0-1-5 (note the isometric)
Incline DB Curls 6x10, tempo 3-0-1-0 +partials to failure, rest 40 secs

clown007

clown007

Awards
I am really liking the 75 degree DB Lateral Raises. You can't cheat these and they hit the side delt so well. The combo of the DB flys and the cable crossovers made every fibre of my chest active!
I'm finding that with the bicep work my brachioradialis is acting up so its making failure come earlier than the biceps are ready for. I found by accentuating the grip on my pinky finger and ring finger and working to really twist on the contraction I can lessen the pain in the forearm.
I had planned on going for a jog tonight, but after the workout and the look of the steak that was asking to be cooked and eaten, I just couldn't do it. So that means a longer jog tomorrow to compensate for my laziness tonight.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great sessions so far!

I'm going to read up on the M140 more. I tried to do a circuit training tonight and it fcuked my back up. High reps are not my friend.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Thanks for checking in puccah8808!
That's the problem with high rep sessions, body mechanics begin to change as fatigue sets in and increases.
I personally went through a period of CrossFit-ing. I loved the workouts, mentality and the gut checks. What I didn't love was the high rep workouts in a severely fatigued state. I ended up with a bunch of nagging injuries. Not a fault of CrossFit, but of my inability to maintain proper execution as the time, rep, sets went on. I still have a messed up brachioradialis as a result of high rep clean and jerks.

I think its great that you are looking into MI40- its a great program. I have both the MI40 and MI40x programs and both are great.

thanks puccah!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Getting on the scale this morning and I am down 3lbs, with more muscle fullness and vascularity. Only 15 days on the Ostarine/Dermacrine/Elim1nate stack and already seeing some nice recomp. I am not experiencing any adverse sides at this point; only positives of increased recovery, energy and wellbeing. This is going very well at this point.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Today's workout:
5 km jog to warmup

Wide Grip (assisted) Pull Ups 6x8 +NOS, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs
Reverse-Grip BB Rows (outward intention) 6x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

EZ Bar 45 degree Row 4x12, tempo 4-0-1-2
Reverse Pec Deck 4x10+10 partials, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Deadlifts 4x7,7,14,21, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Lying Triceps Extensions 4x15, tempo 4-0-1-0
Overhead Rope Extensions 4x10, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Superset of:
20 BOSU crunches
10 Smith Machine Shrugs, tempo 4-0-1-2

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tension, tension, tension! I love it!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yeah and I have to say the supplements are really helping with recovery and recomp.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Thanks Athletix The Ergonine is amazing!!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yesterday's back workout was great! I almost died on the deadlifts though. The 4 second negatives are brutal. I wasn't able to do the tricep work unfortunately. My left elbow was getting really sharp pains again. I had thought it gone, but it resurfaced again on the tricep extensions.

I am still very happy with the improved recovery from the stack. It has also increased endurance quite dramatically as well.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Today's Leg workout looks to be a killer!

Barbell Back Squats 6x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

Heels elevated DB Squats 6x12, tempo 6-0-2-0 (note tempo), rest 40 secs

BB Reverse Lunges (all one side then the other) 4x10 (1 1/2s), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Glute-Ham Raises 6x6, tempo 4-0-1-0
Leg Curls 6x10 (+ 10 partials on all sets), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

5 Supersets of:
20 BOSU crunches
10 Smith Machine calf raises
10 DB Shrugs

If my elbow is feeling better, I will add the missed tricep movements from yesterday.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Leg workout was killer! The supposed DB Squats were done without DBs :) - just couldn't manage the 6 second eccentrics with any weight beyond bodyweight!!
By the end of the workout my legs were totally jello!

Here is Saturday June 6's workout as I won't have time to log it tomorrow:

Reverse Grip Pull-Up (bicep emphasis so ensure full contraction) 5x3, tempo 10-1-2-0, rest 40 secs
Decline DB Press (hands 2" outside of elbows throughout) 5x8 *bottom half reps only +NOS on last set, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Incline Alternating DB Curls (non-working arm held in contraction) 4x8, tempo 4-0-1-0
45 degree Incline DB Press 4x8+5 partials all sets, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Alternating Concentration Curls (max supination) 4x8, tempo 4-0-1-0
Cable Cross-overs (high to low) 4x15, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Strict Seated Vertical DB Press 4x15, tempo 4-0-1-0
Seated DB Lateral Raises (chest pressed into vertical bench) 4x12+5 partials on all sets, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Smith Machine Shrugs 5x15, tempo 4-0-1-2
BOSU Crunches 5x20 full extension

clown007

clown007

Awards
I am finding the recovery from these tough workouts to be so manageable thanks to my current stack. I find the OL Ostar1ne and BPS Dermacrine to be great in helping with the recovery and just feeling good overall. I am currently down 3-4lbs after about 18 days on the run. My joints are feeling great even though for years I have had knee problems from years of jiu-jitsu.
I am loving the Ergonine as well. I have been taking it about 30 mins prior to working out and mixing in 2 tbsp of Lecithin granules. Workout energy has been incredible. Even if I haven't felt like hitting the gym on a particular day, after taking the Ergonine and Lecithin I feel ready and willing within 30 minutes.
I will continue to use the Ergonine and Lecithin year round.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Ready to see how this cycle treats you!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Sweet! Nice to have you on board Yates!!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Great workout today.
Warmup runs are getting easier and easier.
The concentration curls really hammered the biceps today, and the decline wide DB presses caused a real pump in the outer pecs.
I have a tough time with the incline DB curls, in that my front delts seem to pump and fatigue faster than my biceps. My front delts ached while trying to finish the incline DB curls.
Its amazing how the MI40x program really points out weaknesses, and addresses them harshly and effectively :)

clown007

clown007

Awards
Sunday workout (supposed to be the day off, but I had to take a day off on Thursday so making up for it today)

Cable Cross Tricep Extensions with elbows retracted 5x15 using 1-1/2 reps, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Neutral Grip Pulldowns- Vertical body with outward intention 4x8, tempo 4-0-1-0
Neutral Grip Pulldowns- 45degree lean with outward intention 4x12, tempo 4-0-1-0
Overhead Tricep Cable Pressdowns 4x10+NOS, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

Deadlifts 4x7,7,14,21, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Cable Rows 4x8+NOS, tempo 4-0-1-2 *hard stretch
BW Parallel Bar Dips (feet in front and slight forward lean) 4xMax, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Leg Raises 5x10
BOSU Crunches 5x15
Smith Machine Shrugs 5x15, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

clown007

clown007

Awards
Took my two recovery days off as programmed and will begin Phase 3 tomorrow!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Weighed in this morning and down to 182lbs. About a 4 pound drop since starting everything about 20 days ago.
This has come with noticeable muscle increases so I'm sure the fat loss is greater than the 4lbs the scale says.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Beginning Phase Three today!

Flat Barbell Press with bands 6x6, tempo 6-0-1-0, rest 40 secs
Bent Over BB Rows with outward intention 6x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Incline DB Press 3x8+CS-6 sets, tempo 4-1-1-1, rest 80 secs

Seated Cable Rows sitting on 9" elevation with outward intention 4x10+partials on all sets, tempo 6-0-3-0
Flat DB Flys 4x8, tempo 6-0-1-0
Two-Arm Bent Over DB Rows 4x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Deadlifts 4x12, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Looking forward to the banded presses, as I have not tried them yet. I am anticipating using only 135lbs on the bar plus the mini bands.

st921

Awards
Nice log, I'm on day 8 of my Osta cycle, can't wait to see your results

clown007

clown007

Awards
Thanks st921 . I have been enjoying the Ostarine cycle. Recovery and recomp has been going very well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd

clown007

clown007

Awards
I am almost under 180lbs during morning weigh in! Vascularity, strength and muscle size are all increasing nicely!

Phase Three- Workout 2: Quads and Hams

Smith Machine Front Squats 6x6, tempo 4-1-1-1, rest 2 mins

Smith Machine Leg Press (quad emphasis) 4x8 with 10 partials at top, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Alternating BB Lunges- lean forward at the hip 4x10 (1-1/2 reps), tempo 4-0-1-0
Single Leg Curls 4x7, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

BB Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4x21, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Leg Raises 4x12
BOSU Crunches 4x15
Smith Machine Calf Raises 4x12

clown007

clown007

Awards
So for the last few days, I have been sleeping more but still feeling tired through the day- I guess some lethargy is setting in from the Ostarine. I had hoped/thought the Dermacrine would negate that effect but maybe not. Its not enough to stop me from doing things, but its a bit of a cloud over me for the day.
Yesterday's leg workout went well. I have to use a smith machine for my leg press but it really hit my quads hard. The barbell lunges had my quads and hams screaming.

Today's workout:

Seated Lateral Raises 5x8, tempo 4-0-1-0
Cable Lateral Raises 5x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Reverse Grip Pull-Ups 5x6, 6-0-1-0 (note eccentric), rest 80 secs

One-Arm DB Pronation/Supination Preacher Curl 5x6, tempo 4-1-1-2, rest 40 secs

Standing EZ Curls 5x8 +NOS, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Lying BB Tricep Extensions 5x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Tricep Pressdowns 2x10 (strip sets both sets), tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate that feeling. My cough medicine has been doing that to me.

Solid looking arm day man.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Thanks Register!
Yeah lethargy sucks. Thankfully the Ergonine is picking me up during the workouts so once I get started everything is fine!
The arms blew up! Loved the pump in the triceps especially.
The reverse grip chins have been great for bicep and forearm development.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are you running the Derma at bro? Solid log.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Hey Alasel, I'm running the Dermacrine at 4 pumps per day, and Osta is at 20 mg.
Thanks for checking out the log!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Still loving the rep tempo from the MI40x program. The 4-0-1-0 and sometimes even longer eccentric times have drastically lowered the weights I can lift on any given set, but the muscles are being stimulated to a far greater degree. This is working wonders for muscle pump and size, but also for my joint health which was always a nagging issue when lifting heavy.
I will no doubt go back to heavier weights again, but I think I will mix heavy days with light days, akin to Layne Norton's PHAT program.
I have also been reading more and more of John Meadow's programming and will jump into that later on. He appears to have a nice mix of some heavy weight training and lighter, more intense protocols.
Its nice to find programs that ignite the love of training all over again!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Sunday Morning Workout: Chest, Delts and Back

45 degree Incline DB Press 4x6, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Flat BB Bench Press 3x8+6 drops on last set, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 80 secs

30 degree Incline DB Flys 3x8+NOS, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Seated DB Overhead Press 3x12, tempo 4-0-1-0
Bent Over DB Lateral Raises 3x12 one drop on last set, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Stiff-Arm Pulldowns 4x10, tempo 4-0-1-0
Reverse Grip Pull Ups (with orange bands) 4x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs

Bent Over BB Rows 6x8, tempo 4-0-1-0
Deadlifts 6x8, tempo 4-0-1-0, rest 40 secs
This superset will be done in the Smith machine. I find I can really feel the muscle contractions using the smith variation.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still loving the rep tempo from the MI40x program. The 4-0-1-0 and sometimes even longer eccentric times have drastically lowered the weights I can lift on any given set, but the muscles are being stimulated to a far greater degree. This is working wonders for muscle pump and size, but also for my joint health which was always a nagging issue when lifting heavy.
I will no doubt go back to heavier weights again, but I think I will mix heavy days with light days, akin to Layne Norton's PHAT program.
I have also been reading more and more of John Meadow's programming and will jump into that later on. He appears to have a nice mix of some heavy weight training and lighter, more intense protocols.
Its nice to find programs that ignite the love of training all over again!
I have so much fun when running his programs and learn sooo much. His mix of heavy pressing and hypertrophy work food wonders for my shoulders.