JD's Come back and getting Huge Log!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Like the title says, I am coming back and ready to put some mass on. For the guys/gals who wasn't following my other log, I ran into some issues with carpal tunnel in both hands. They seem to be slowly getting better so I am putting off surgery to wait and see what happens.
In the mean time I plan on putting on some size and strength. It is coming back quicker than I anticipated so this should be fun! Against tygatyga advice I am running a modified 5x5. Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri. The lifts are basically the same except I will be doing incline bench and flat bench on Mon-Thurs, and Front squats then back squats on Wed-Fri. I will still do some cardio and core work on my days off. I hate getting winded doing squats so i will stay with the cardio to help with my lung capacity. I am slowly upping my calories. I am around 2600/day right now. I don't want to put on as much BF as I had last time, so I will not go all out, plus I will be staying pretty clean eating. I have a pic at 208 and now at 192 to compare.

My plans are to hit the 208 a lot leaner this time than last. ;)

I will add some pics and videos to keep the log more interesting. I plan on hitting several PR's this time around!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'll catch up the last two days workouts.

Monday- Upper body

Flat bench-

205 x5
225 x5
245 x5
275 x3

Bentover BB rows-

185 x 5
215 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 5

Seated Shoulder Press-

95 x 5
105 x 5
125 x 5
145 x 5

Rope Pushdown-

110 2 x 15

BB curls-

80 2 x 15

Reverse Pec dec- (palms down)
120 2 x 15

A few things to mention. My bench was the only one that I started out right on my weights. I will get better numbers next time on the others, at least to were I fail on the last set. Also I had a little twinge in my left shoulder on the last two sets of bench so I didn't go as heavy as I should have on the shoulder press. I think I didn't warm up enough...

Today was lower body day.

Front Squats- Video below
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
I will start a little higher weights with my first set next time

SLDL-
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
255 2 x 5

Leg ext-
170 2 x 15

Leg curls-
150 2 x 15

Standing single calf raises- standing on a platform holding a 45lb plate
2 x 25,20 each leg

This workout didn't look like much on paper, but I was beat afterwards!!

[video=youtube;sskVHkXownY]https://youtu.be/sskVHkXownY[/video]

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I little random video. I got new tires for my bike and figured I would have a little fun with the old ones before I change them. My kids got a kick out of it haha

[video=youtube;0loMiFviBr8]https://youtu.be/0loMiFviBr8[/video]

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pl1.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Damn... I'll take that

I was going to say me too!! Until I read RegisterJr's post haha

Thanks for following along guys!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
I'm in for the comeback!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok like I said you and I are competing on the same weekend so lets compare notes :) You are way ahead of the game body comp wise. Patience and lean gains only and this will be a cake walk .. well except for the last 4 weeks :)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for as long as I can I got a notification this is becoming a pay site. I posted a couple pics up in my log last night

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for as long as I can I got a notification this is becoming a pay site. I posted a couple pics up in my log last night
Ah mixed what day is it :)

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Good to see a little humor in here. Can't be all serious, gotta have some fun too ;)

Ok like I said you and I are competing on the same weekend so lets compare notes :) You are way ahead of the game body comp wise. Patience and lean gains only and this will be a cake walk .. well except for the last 4 weeks :)
Sounds good. Time to grow right now!! Like you said I want some good lean gains for now though, not to sloppy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excited for the log, looking good already man. Oh before you go the surgery route I suggest you go to an A.R.T. therapist and get your carpal tunnel corrected the holistic non surgical way. You can even train while in treatment and typically only takes 3-4 sessions to be fixed up.

[video]https://youtu.be/rfujhHVBrNQ[/video]

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Excited for the log, looking good already man. Oh before you go the surgery route I suggest you go to an A.R.T. therapist and get your carpal tunnel corrected the holistic non surgical way. You can even train while in treatment and typically only takes 3-4 sessions to be fixed up.

[video]https://youtu.be/rfujhHVBrNQ[/video]
Thanks man. appreciate it and glad you are following along.

I'll look into the A.R.T some more too, thanks!!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see a little humor in here. Can't be all serious, gotta have some fun too ;)

Sounds good. Time to grow right now!! Like you said I want some good lean gains for now though, not to sloppy!
Yeah some lean gains you gonna look sick
I'm not looking at competing till 2016 so straight hulking for the rest of the year

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No weights or cardio today. Had planned on getting up early to do cardio and got called in to work at 6 a.m. so it didn't happen. I'll be in to hit the weights tomorrow late morning though ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True.. you will have to start prep again in mid to late July and that is coming quick. Don't want to create more work. I am in pretty much the same boat. Actually I would be more comfortable trimming say 5 lbs before that.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
No weights or cardio today. Had planned on getting up early to do cardio and got called in to work at 6 a.m. so it didn't happen. I'll be in to hit the weights tomorrow late morning though ;)
Looking jerked bro. What GEARZ you using? :winkfinger:

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Looking jerked bro. What GEARZ you using? :winkfinger:
Thanks man!

I guess I left that out ;)

RED MEAT 2X A DAY
CHICKEN 1 TIME A DAY
LOTS OF EGGS
:D :D :D :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I am going to be using pbold, epiandro, and ph-17 lg sciences. It will be interesting to see if I can keep up :) I keep it mild being an old fugger and no reason to get that big anymore. Another thing is that I am able to make really good gains using C.E.P. type training and am enjoying it. Since September I am up at least 20 lbs with no fat gain. The mild stuff is more about muscle retention than gain, I will save it for prep.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yah I am going to be using pbold, epiandro, and ph-17 lg sciences. It will be interesting to see if I can keep up :) I keep it mild being an old fugger and no reason to get that big anymore. Another thing is that I am able to make really good gains using C.E.P. type training and am enjoying it. Since September I am up at least 20 lbs with no fat gain. The mild stuff is more about muscle retention than gain, I will save it for prep.
I'll be adding in or dropping things as my prep goes on ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Second upper body day this week

Incline bench-

135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5 (possible PR?)

Bentover BB rows-

205 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5

Seated Shoulder Press-

135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
Actually had thought that was my fifth set, and realized afterwards I only did 4 :(

Rope Pushdown-

120 2 x 15

BB curls-

80 1 x 15
90 1 x 13

Reverse Pec dec- (palms down)
130 2 x 15

Helluva workout today. Focus was spot on, strength was up, and just felt good all around. Got my weight were they need to be and was actually surprised by my shoulder press and incline today. My 3rd sets on shoulders was harder than my fourth for some reason. Even though I pay attention to it, maybe my hand placement was a little different?

Today is my middle son's 14th birthday so he has having some friends over tonight. We are taking them out bowling, and then he wants Chinese. So it will be a cheat night for me, probably a late one too, he has 5 of them staying the night!!! :1zhelp:

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Heavy rows brother.. nice work
Thank ya! I was very strict with very little body movement until the last 2-3 reps then I noticed I would raise up some to finish the rep. I will cheat sometimes, and I know it has it's place. But i can't stand seeing guys at the gym who use their whole body to work a single muscle group, swinging and swaying, drives me nuts haha.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A wee bit late but I'm in for the fun!! Gains are waaayyy more fun!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
A little tricep action....................

[video=youtube;pnOE-rKCTJA]https://youtu.be/pnOE-rKCTJA[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work, shoulders and arms looking good in the video!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Second leg day this week and I am telling ya, I had to really push. Yesterday felt great in the gym, today was a little harder.

Squats-

225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5 (found a good weight here)
385 x 5

SLDL-
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 5
285 x 5
Form wasn't perfect on the last set. No matter how hard I squeezed my hams and glutes I was shaking on the decent and coming back up.

Leg ext-
170 2 x 15

Leg curls-
150 2 x 15

Standing single calf raises- standing on a platform holding a 45lb plate
2 x 25,20 each leg

Phew!! Glad to get that one over with.

So the first week down. I have some decent numbers to start with and compare to later. Not maxes but they will work.

Flat bench--- 275 x 3
Incline----- 225 x 5
Squat---- 385 x 5
Front Squat--- 225 x 5

Guess I need a good Deadlift number ;)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey J what do you think about eq with my tren?? I know I'm a ways off from switching but with 3 kids you gotta budget for any extras .

In the past I got great results from winstrol eq cycle. I'm way too early for halo and I kind of wanna save masteron for pre comp also I like simple I was thinking eq tren e and winny for the lean bulking portion

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Personally I would go Deca over Eq while bulking. But if you are going to bulk for a longer cycle than use Eq. It will bring slower steadier gains and IMO can be ran longer than Deca. Also is there a reason for using the Winni now and not when cutting? What does your coach think? Depending on dosages there are SO many different ways they can be ran ;)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally I would go Deca over Eq while bulking. But if you are going to bulk for a longer cycle than use Eq. It will bring slower steadier gains and IMO can be ran longer than Deca. Also is there a reason for using the Winni now and not when cutting? What does your coach think? Depending on dosages there are SO many different ways they can be ran ;)
I'm actually running test and deca at the moment that's the first 12 weeks. Just pre planning for when I come off deca I will be doing more of a lean gains if I can put on 2lbs a month of quality muscle after my 12 week bulk I'll be happy

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually running test and deca at the moment that's the first 12 weeks. Just pre planning for when I come off deca I will be doing more of a lean gains if I can put on 2lbs a month of quality muscle after my 12 week bulk I'll be happy

That sounds good then ;)

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
2lbs a month of quality muscle AFTER a 12 week bulk? Even before the bulk I think you're being unrealistic in your expectations - unless you're a 120lb n00b trainer?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2lbs a month of quality muscle AFTER a 12 week bulk? Even before the bulk I think you're being unrealistic in your expectations - unless you're a 120lb n00b trainer?
I am reverse dieting out of a precomp diet most of the weight coming back is weight I already had.

with the switching of compounds I feel 2lbs a month for 3 more months is doable that's only a total of 6LBS for a 12 week cycle of test tren and eq.

I don't just come up with these numbers not sure if you've seen some of my logs but my trainer is an ifbb pro qualified for this year's olympia. My nutritionist is a competitir at least 5 of his team earned pro cards in the last 2 years and the team had 2 1st place overalls at the Jan npc show here in Cal.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you have to be a noob to make those type of gains. I do agree to a degree though. It all depends where you are in your training/hormones/dieting experience and whether your gains will come on good during a cycle. Also if you do have a trainer (well qualified) he/she can make a world of difference on how far you can go.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Got 15 mins of cardio in this morning. Headphones on, sweat pants and hoodie up. Worked up a good sweat. Nice way to start off the weekend.
Now I have to go change spark plugs in my truck, then head to work :(

I hate it that it is so cool this morning outside. I finally got my new tires on my bike yesterday and would of like to go for a ride this morning!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like you are really starting to get back on track. I think the vid shows your size better than the photos.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are really starting to get back on track. I think the vid shows your size better than the photos.
Yes sir. Feeling good and ready to put some size on. Even though I am going heavy I am still really working on my negatives. Going slow and keeping control all the way to the bottom, then powering out of the hole.

And thanks, I feel like I am growing dailly ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Hope everyone had a good Easter!! I ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't have! My weight has been slowly climbing over the last couple weeks, I don't need to add any "bad" weight haha

Had planned on lifting in the morning but just got off work and now have to go back in, in 7 hours! :( so maybe I can hit the weights tomorrow afternoon....

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone had a good Easter!! I ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't have! My weight has been slowly climbing over the last couple weeks, I don't need to add any "bad" weight haha

Had planned on lifting in the morning but just got off work and now have to go back in, in 7 hours! :( so maybe I can hit the weights tomorrow afternoon....
My weights been steady too I posted up some pics. From today's checking my posing leaves alot to be desired I'm up to 162 so 8lbs at the 4 week mark but expecting a huge jump.in the next 30 days