NEEDMOAR TOTAL!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys so I just finished up my log of tbol and derma which was a recomper into a slight cut. I dropped a lot of body fat and I'm pretty content where I currently am. So I decided that I am going to start switching over to a PL based workout now, in preparation for a meet.

So my training is the cube kingpin with two extra bodybuilding days.

My diet is all carbs peri workout, 3100 calories on power days, 2700 calories on Bbing days and 2400 calories with 0 carbs on off days. That's been my diet for the past few months and it works well at keeping the fat off.

Current totals for 1rm are:
Squat = 420
DL = 530
Bench = 270

Looking to up those numbers and make it rain!!! Currently sitting at 204 lbs so let's get to it!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. So you'll be lifting 6x/week? Have a meet in mind?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. So you'll be lifting 6x/week? Have a meet in mind?
5x a week, i am currently aiming to do one in May. CT has nothing right now posted for 2015 on PLwatch but I'm gonna check mass and RI.

Also, welcome guru Sean=D

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1 week 1: Heavy DL day

Comp DL stance (sumo) 80% 1rm= 430
430x2x5

Rack pulls (1/2in below knee cap) 85% 1rm = 455

455x3x2

Deficit DL conventional 75%1rm= 400
( I lowered these to 385 because I haven't done deficits in a long time and I wasn't used to them)
385x6x2

Wg lat pull down 4x15

Shrugs 3 sec hold 3x10

Pull ups 3xfailure (1WG / 2CG)

Pretty dead and y back is engorged right now. I haven't trained in the lower end of the rep ranges for quite some time. Excited to see what this cube method can do for me!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also 12 minutes of
Hiit 1 min intervals

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see a show! Get after it man!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This show has potential! Perfect date as well. So I'd have to apply for a USAPL membership and then register. I'm so down!!

Attachments

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you a flat footed or a toe bencher?
Flat footed with my feet at 65 degrees, give or take. I can't doe toe benching, it feels awkward. But I'm open to try it if you have any tips.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flat footed with my feet at 65 degrees, give or take. I can't doe toe benching, it feels awkward. But I'm open to try it if you have any tips.
If you do USAPL, it's a moot point since you have to bench with a flat foot (head down as well, IIRC).

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you do USAPL, it's a moot point since you have to bench with a flat foot (head down as well, IIRC).
Noted. I actually didn't think footing was in the rules, SPF didn't specify any when I read up on their regulations.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Noted. I actually didn't think footing was in the rules, SPF didn't specify any when I read up on their regulations.
USAPL/IPF have the rule. There's a bunch of feds that don't have the rule, but they do. SPF is pretty lenient when it comes to equipment, depth, etc.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USAPL/IPF have the rule. There's a bunch of feds that don't have the rule, but they do. SPF is pretty lenient when it comes to equipment, depth, etc.
I was unaware of this, thanks Rodja!

Going to hit some bench work later on, I have a bit of school work to finish and such. 3 mid terms next week... Thank god I'm graduating this after this semester!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer lift tonight.

Got all my work done and then some and I smashed bench!

Week 1 day 2 bench rep days
Comp bench 3x10-12 at 70% 1rm= 185
185x10 X12 x 11

CG bench 2x 6-8 at 75% 1rm = 200
200x6x2

1 second pause/1inch from chest Bp at 65% 1rm= 175 (these were ****ing rough. I had to rest to get the required reps in. Didn't realize how dead my chest was)

175x 10 175x11 175 x10

Wg lat pull down 4x15

Shoulder circuit -side raises - front raises - rear flys x3

Pull ups all neutral grip 3x failure

BB curls (for fun) 3x8

Cardio = 20 minutes of Liss to preserve my legs for tomorrow.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also did a two drop sets on the close grip and 1 second pause sets. Forgot to add those In.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resting tonight, carbs <90 g. Felt like crap coming home from lab so I'm resting up tonight to squat tomorrow.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
In on this. We got similar numbers so I'll be watching to see how you progress

Any nudes or are you hiding?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this. We got similar numbers so I'll be watching to see how you progress Any nudes or are you hiding?
Hey joh! Hiding per usual. Pretty lean though, so I'm loving that.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit legs today, squatzzz

Comp squat stance 8x3 65% 1rm = 275
275x3x6 315x3x1 315x8x1. Upped the weight a bit and then went all out on the last set

Front squat.
185x5x3

Pause squat (at parallel )
245x 8 x2 (these are killer!)

Leg press volume 5x20

Lying leg curl 3x12

Calf work and abs

I think I died a little today. Those squat variations had me dying. Was not expecting that at all. I'm supposed to go out tonight, hopefully the place is wheel chair accessible :p.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Hey joh! Hiding per usual. Pretty lean though, so I'm loving that.
I'm hiding too haha probably not as lean as you but about 204 no matter what I eat

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a bodybuilding day. Oddest thing, I woke up super hungry and extremely dry and flat. No idea why my metabolism started to kick into extra over drive, so I upped my cals a bit. Still maintaining weight.

Incline DB press 3x8 ramping up weight
Incline Bb 5x5
Decline smith 4x 20/15/10/6
Reverse grip smith ss flys x2

Db rear lateral partials 3x30
Side raises 3x12
Db presses 4x8-10

Cardio= HIIT 10 mins and 15 mins of Liss.

That's all she wrote for today.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit my 2nd Bb day yesterday, which was back. Mostly some rows and higher volume work.

I had to rest today. Moving the clocks forward ****ed me up! Felt sick today, but still re-fed.

Ordered some PA and I'm stoked to give that a try! Hard good things, ordered the granules instead of the micro PA, got a good deal. So going to do 1-1.5tbsp pre workout and see wtf all
The fuss is about with this stuff.

I hope I'm not getting sick, mid terms this week, so I hope I have the time to train, I better make time!

On a side note my hamstrings are SP FULKKN TENDER! I tried to roll them out and the pain was unbearable. I was waddling at work because walking hurt so badly. Anyone know any way to heal these bad boys quicker?

Gotta DL torrow'

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it just DOMS, tight, or did you tear something?

If just DOMS...pour several pounds of Epsom salt into a hot bath and soak in it for a half hour. If it's tight, just keep stretching. Compress it maybe.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it just DOMS, tight, or did you tear something? If just DOMS...pour several pounds of Epsom salt into a hot bath and soak in it for a half hour. If it's tight, just keep stretching. Compress it maybe.
It's a mix of tightness and tenderness. It feels worse than doms. It happens every once and awhile on the medial portion of my hammys. Epsom salt, gotta try that out. Maybe foam roll it in the am + stretch ?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hammys felt good yesterday. So I hit DL explosive day! I'm trying to see what I can get out of this program by keeping my calories at 2700, 180g of carbs with higher fat so I can continue to lose fat. No cardio on power days, just off/BB days now.

Comp stance DL sumo 8x3 65% = 350
This felt light so I went with 365x3x2 then the bar was moving way to quickly to I moved to 405x3x6 and the bar was still moving fast!! Real explosive on those reps

Rack pulls 2x6
365x10 435 x9
(Everything felt light today)

Deficit DL 1inch deficit (going to try standing on a 2in box next time)
320x9 320x11 320x 9 (having a rep competition with my buddy here lol)

Wg pull downs 3x15
cG pull downs 2x12

Shrugs 3x10 + 2 drop sets

Pull ups 3x failure

No cardio but did core work.

Needless to say I felt like **** after this workout. Once those deficit deads were finished I was relived. It was over!

I'm so surprised at how fast the weight was moving and at the weight I was using. Totally ignored the percentages for that day, and went by feel. Felt good doing it.

I have two mid terms tomorrow, so not sure what time I'm hitting the gym tonight. We shal see. I actually found myself randomly reading an endocrinology book chapter last night, on accident, somehow lol.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deficits are fun, psych. I pulled off a two inch block Saturday and it blew lol

Good work bruhh

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deficits are fun, psych. I pulled off a two inch block Saturday and it blew lol Good work bruhh
Dude, high rep deficit DLs should be the penalty for manslaughter lol. They'll put hair on ya chest. Thanks brothaaaa, grinding away

iceman99uc

Awards
I'm in to follow this. New to this site and really new to powerlifting(hoping to compete for the first time this year). Just here to gather as much info as I can and hopefully translate it to my own training. Seems to be a wealth of quality info here.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit Heavy Bench Tonight

Comp Bench
215x2 215x2 225x2 225x2 225x2

CG BenchPress
225x4 225x4

Bench Press 1 in Pause Above Chest
185 x6 185 x 7

Shoulder Circuit -> Front raises (done with a 45lbs plate) Side Raises (10-15 reps + partials) -> face pulls 3x15

WG Lat Pulldowns 4x15 + 1 dset

Pull Ups (All NG) 3x failure

(Hit 2 arms super sets to make up for last week)

BB Curls SS rope push downs x 4
Hammers SS tricep extensions (cable + Bar) x 3

Cardio = 12 minutes of HIIT 1/1min intervals.

Slight diet change, carbs are staying at 180g and peri workout only, however I am upping my total calories to 2800, instead of the 2700. The slight bump should help, plus I always find I am stronger when I eat medium carbs and more fats/pro (for whatever reason) so this is what I am sticking with throuhgout all my lifting days. Cardio still EOD.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
In on this!

USAPL is drug tested by the way, idk if that's an issue for you, but you mentioned tbol in your first post.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this! USAPL is drug tested by the way, idk if that's an issue for you, but you mentioned tbol in your first post.
I'm not running tbol to prepare for this comp. I ran it as a recomper into a cut. Ive been off for about a month.

Ah yes squats yesterday, I ended up tweaking somthing in my knee. I also had the most uncomfortable pump. I just got my pa and took about 1200mg (2tbsp) worth of granules so I'm not sure if that's what did it. Also my stomach was killing me!

Not a good lift the other day, at all, still pushed they and got some decent work done. No extra Bbing work was done yesterday.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I ordered some light knee wraps from elite fts! Stoked to try these out!!!

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
I'm not running tbol to prepare for this comp. I ran it as a recomper into a cut. Ive been off for about a month.
Sounds good, just lettin' ya know!

Keep up the good work. Those pull days on the cube look downright brutal.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good, just lettin' ya know! Keep up the good work. Those pull days on the cube look downright brutal.
Thanks brotha! Welcome to the show, no guns though :,(. Dude... I finished the deficit deads and I was putting the weight away. Some guy came up to me and helped me, he said "you've earned some rest". Honestly the best compliment I've ever received in the gym.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! Good work in here!

Cube Boss will definitely have you conditioned for comp. I ran it twice and had one phenomenal meet and one bad meet where I was lined up for about 120lbs of PRs but due to poor meet week planting and a long meet day "only" came home with 50lbs added to my total.

My guess is you'll either have to up your cals to recover or drop one of your BB days. By the time I got to the back end of it when everything was heavier, I did half of my BBing days as light fluff recovery work and skipped the other half.

Don't be surprised if you gain a little weight, and don't fight it too bad, the program is written by a 342lb guy notorious for hating cuts. You'll add all kinds of good quality Grade A beef.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! Good work in here! Cube Boss will definitely have you conditioned for comp. I ran it twice and had one phenomenal meet and one bad meet where I was lined up for about 120lbs of PRs but due to poor meet week planting and a long meet day "only" came home with 50lbs added to my total. My guess is you'll either have to up your cals to recover or drop one of your BB days. By the time I got to the back end of it when everything was heavier, I did half of my BBing days as light fluff recovery work and skipped the other half. Don't be surprised if you gain a little weight, and don't fight it too bad, the program is written by a 342lb guy notorious for hating cuts. You'll add all kinds of good quality Grade A beef.
Welcome man! I hear ya. Usually just from my diet, I am fried after Thursday. I will probably tone it down to 1 BB day eventually and that'll be circuit stuff.

I hit chest/shoulders yesterday for my first Bb day and It felt good Shoulders were tight though.

Today I am resting. I feel like crap and some r and r is needed. Going out to dinner as well, for my moms Birthday so I starting my refeed tonight into tomorrow. Tomorrow I shall ash some back/arms and cardio! I have these giant sets for back planned that seem like they'll be epic.

On a die note, I woke up very vascular and lean at 203. I couldn't believe it.

And Toros shall be a clean refeed, for the most part. Going to stick to starchy stuff like rice and potatoes.

I'll see you all later!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll edit the errors in that post later, my phones keyboard gets on the way of the text and I can't see what I'm typing half the time.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woke up with a head cold type feeling. The change in weather up here is killing me. Going to take one more rest day and sleep this cold off! Then hit it tomorrow.

Argh. I feel like every time I train for powerlifting I get sick.....

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took saturday and sunday off and lifted Back on monday

Killed it with some giant sets!

DB rows -> Db Pullovers -> BB Shrugs x 4 rounds (didnt even count reps or weight just attacked that ****)

Cable low row SS with WG Pull down x3

BB rows 4x6
Banded hypers 3x failure (to finish)

Today was an interesting day, it was my birthday and did not plan to refeed at all. But screw it I did. Also, interestingly enough it was deadlift day, which was horrible because it was right after back day (My back is dead right not btw) but I said screw it, im gonna deadlift!

Hop into the gym, full of energy.

Comp DL Sumo 70% = 375 3x12
375x12 375 x12 375x12 (these were the most brutal sets I have ever done. doesnt seem like a lot but **** me it was. After this I went to the bathroom to dry heave. I thought about leaving at this point then I reaLized I have a comp to train for and said **** ITLETS KEEP GOING!!!! so thats what Idid. Took a good 10 minute rest period before I went over to rack pull)

Rack Pull 75% = 405 2x6-8
405x6x2 (stomach started to feel better and I started to get my groove back. these pulls were quick and smooth.

This is where it got fun, deficit Deadlifts

These were supposed to be done at 345 lbs which was 65% of my 1rm ( i believe) however, two of my buddies decided they wanted to hop in. It turned into this insane competition between the three of us. It left one of them puking in the bathroom, I puked agained and my other buddy was on the floor dead. It was the best lol. I am a bit stronger than my two friends so it was more of a comp. between them , but whatever they got I said I was going to double! We kept pace!!

Hit 315 x12, then I said screw it and went up to 345 x12. At this point I am dying right now, I have never done 12 rep deadlifts for this many sets/variations. Hoped up to 365 and hit that for 12. I WAS GOING APE ****, Then my buddy was like "Screw it throw 405 on there and lets get it!" . My buddy hits it for like 5 repsand then my other friends beats him and gets 6! I said F this im pulling 10! So I go and get to the 7th rep and feel like if I lift this next rep up I am going to puke .... well..... I didnt get that 7th rep up but at that point I hit the bathroom for some.... fun.

On that 365x12 rep, I really got it for 11 and purley failed, physically at 11. I was so mad because I wanted 12, I just screamed out ****KKKKKKKKKK in the gym lol. Rested for 15 seconds and pulled an extra two reps.

Crazy intensity today.

I weighed myself in the AM and I was 206 lbs. AFter this deadlift session (we did 30 minutes of LISS as well) I slammed 2 chipotle bowls with double meat and came home and weighed myself again... I was 203 lbs.... I lost 3 ****ing lbs...... even after eating two chiptole bowls. Such a crazy lift today, words couldn't describe it!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit bench yesterday, whilst on 0 amounts of carbs.... christ that sucks.

Today I hit heavy squats. I was still sore from that DL day and I didn't even want to lift today at all. I just planned to rest up, but damn im glad I went to the gym. Once I got in the rack, I felt stronger than ever!

Heavy Squat Day

Comp Squat 80% = 335
335x2 335x2 335x2 345x2 350x2 ( everything went up well and was pretty damn awesome feeeeeelinnnn!)

Front Squat 2x 1-3
worked up to 225 x3 and 245 x3

Pause Squat (1 second pause at parallel ) 75 % = 315
315x4 315x6 (last set was killer, had to beat my previous!)

Leg Press SS Leg Extension (Tear drop focus) x3
- leg press was done in sets of 20 reps, ascending weight

Hammy Leg Curl x 5

Calf work

16 minutes of HIIT intervals (not sure why I did this today, but hey whatever! lol)

-Those pause squats were invented by Satan btw. I had to grind out the last few reps. Stopping right at the bottom end of the movement is the absolute worst, especially on a squat. A bench, meh whatever leg drive that sucker up, a squat.... well you better have the leg drive to get that sucker up!

All in all a good day. TOmorrow is my 1st BB day, so I am either going to do that (chest/shoulders/arms SS) or take a rest day. Going to head to bed now, since I gotta help my Grandma out with a few errands tomorrow morning. So hopefully I am well rested enough to lift.

Calories are back down to 2700, cardio will go back to every other day. The only reason I did it almost every day this week was because of my crappy spring break diet (on some days, some days werent bad!).

I am looking to get down to 196ish, so I can compete at 198! That would be a pretty cool starting point. My numbers aren't anywhere near decent for a 198 lifter, but one comp at a time. I just wana lift some heavy sh1t!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy moly batman! Feeling quite flat today. Hit Chest/Shoudlers BB Day, was not feeling very strong though. It randomly started snowing up here so ill chalk it up to the weather :p

Incline DB Press (Working sets only )
70x8 75x8 80x8 85x RP set total 11 (I usually hit 90s but these felt heavy today )

Incline BB press 6x6
135x6x6

Decline Smith 20/15/10/6/6+ Dropsets + WideGrip Drop sets

Flys 2x20

DB Rear Lat. raises 3x30 (hand and swings)

Side raises 3x10-15 SS DB Press

OHP ss Shrugs x 3

Cardio = 15 minutes LISS and Ab work.

Ugh man,tomorrow is a much needed rest day. Hopefully I will feel good for sunday to lift back! (Which finally is recovered from my birthday deadlifts lol). We shall see what I wake up at tomrrow. I believe I weighed myself at 204 this morning. 6 more friggggin lbs!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm going to switch around my diet a bit. Just read up on a few things and im looking to implement them. First off, dropping my glycofuse down to 1 scoop = 25g of carbs intra. Next is bringing my oatmeal from 1 cup to 1/2 cup and I'm going to shoot for 25-30g worth of blueberries, apples, or bananas with that, to give
My body some quicker acting carbs to work with. Post workout will stay the same. I'll be adding an extra tbsp of ev olive oil to my last turkey meal of the day. Then I'll be cooking my whole eggs, first meal, in coconut oil. So trying to add more poly/mono unsat fats and lower my carbs a bit more to try and lean out a bit. Also, adding in fruit prewo should be a nice boost before I lift. I also ordered some ra-ala for heavy carb meals on refeed days/pwo.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Argh no hunger today. I shouldn't be complaining but I'm usually ravaged after a heavy DL session. I also have a weird gas bubble in the top left of my abdomen. Weird day. Ended up eating 2400 calories. Pretty low for me. I'll post up mbers for my DL tomorrow.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Argh no hunger today. I shouldn't be complaining but I'm usually ravaged after a heavy DL session. I also have a weird gas bubble in the top left of my abdomen. Weird day. Ended up eating 2400 calories. Pretty low for me. I'll post up mbers for my DL tomorrow.
2400 is low! Eat something. I'm hungry over here on 3200.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Putting this on hold, stomach bug has been going around and I've had it since Thursday! ****ing dying fellAs

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feeling better :). Got a lot of food down today so I'm gonna go into the gym tomorrow. Ordered some wrist wraps from rogue (only 12$!!!) and a rogue PL belt. My buddy has the same one, I deadlifted in it and it's a whole new level of comfort lifting with a thick belt like that. I love it! Single prong clip and 14mm thick I believe.