Not for sissy's - Sheiko time!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I would like to thank kenpoengineer , tyga tyga , and Abe Lincoln for pointing me to the Sheiko training program. It has taken me a little while to figure out how to best use it for my training. I am still learning my way through it to be honest. My goal is to increase strength in bb bench press, deadlift, and squat. My base stats for these are as follows: 1 rep max
1. Bb bench press: 260lbs
2. Deadlift: 340
3. Squat: 230
I currently weigh 175lbs. I am about 1 week into Iron Champ USA's iron man stack (HPTA/Volume). In about 5 weeks I will add Magnitropin into the mix. The title of this thread is designed for me to motivate me to complete this program, lest I be called a sissy. I am interested in any help you may have or suggestions based on your observations of my daily workout posts. Here we go!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Ok, I think I am finally figuring out this Sheiko training program. So, I am using Sheiko Advanced (small load) prep cycle 1 (4 weeks)
Date: 2/20/15
Squat
115x5
140x4
160x3
175x2x4
Bb bench press
135x5
155x4
180x3
195x3x4
Good Morning (seated)
55x10x1
65x10x2
Lat muscles (wide grip lat pull down)
145x8x2
160x8x2
175x8x1
Chest muscles
Db incline press
80x8x3
Db incline fly
40x10x2
- I think I finally did this program correctly :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
This is day 2. The previous post was yesterday 2/19/15.
Deadlift (pause below knee)
175x3
205x3
250x2
255x2x4
Bb bench press
135x10
155x4
185x3
210x2x4
Db lying tricep extension/1 arm cable tricep push down (superset)
25x10/50x10
35x8/60x6
40x8/70x6
45x8x2/70x6x2
BW dipsx20
Leg press/extension (superset)
225x8/110x6
325x6x110x6
425x6x3/110x6x3
Hyperextensions
25lbsx8
50x10x3
Cardio
30 minutes on treadmill
- 20 minutes walking up to level 15 and then back down to 0 at 3 speed
- 10 minutes level 5 at 3.2 speed
6 minutes on a row machine

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Oh I'm in! Curious your chest is stronger than your legs hm

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Yes. You can see I have lots of work to do. My bench has been and still is my favorite exercise, so I have been working it twice per week usually. I haven't done much squatting and deadlift isn't my favorite. I need a push and kick here and there. Feel free to be that guy :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In 1st. Abe doesn't count! Lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to your suggestions and whatever else you got to help me along

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in! Thanks for the magnitropin love mark

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm in! Thanks for the magnitropin love mark
Thanks for joining. I have had it in waiting. I can't wait to get into it with the iron man stack. Maybe turn it into the Hercules stack :)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bench press and squats are both full body movements. His chest is NOT stronger than his legs. Usually this is related to technique or one small weak point holding up the squats. Luckily with a little digging into proper technique right now, backed by the frequency of Sheiko, he should be able to iron this out.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Bench press and squats are both full body movements. His chest is NOT stronger than his legs. Usually this is related to technique or one small weak point holding up the squats. Luckily with a little digging into proper technique right now, backed by the frequency of Sheiko, he should be able to iron this out.
Thanks for this. It makes sense to me. I'm hoping for some great improvement using this program

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Question: if the program calls for 175 for 6 reps and I can easily do 10, do I stick with the program? Also, I noticed a lot of joint pain today (knee, elbow and shoulder). I started on 600mg Bulbine 2 days ago (HPTA from Iron Champ USA). Do I need to add fish oil? If so, how much?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for this. It makes sense to me. I'm hoping for some great improvement using this program
Look up "so you think you can squat" on YouTube and also any YouTube videos on squats by Chad Wesley Smith and practice them at home, figure out what you need to do better and improve each day. If you have mobility problems look up Donnie Thompson on YouTube and Kelly Starrett as well. Posting up videos in your log for critique is another way to improve quickly. There are many lifters on this forum who have put over 100lbs on their squat in under a year by doing this very thing.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Look up "so you think you can squat" on YouTube and also any YouTube videos on squats by Chad Wesley Smith and practice them at home, figure out what you need to do better and improve each day. If you have mobility problems look up Donnie Thompson on YouTube and Kelly Starrett as well. Posting up videos in your log for critique is another way to improve quickly. There are many lifters on this forum who have put over 100lbs on their squat in under a year by doing this very thing.
Excellent! Thanks for the information:) I think I have one video so far. I will post it if I still have it.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Squat video 1 for review. It is only 15 seconds. I will do another from a different angle next week. My bones are aching :(
http://youtu.be/6GSflWyHXzU

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Video is private.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in too.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question: if the program calls for 175 for 6 reps and I can easily do 10, do I stick with the program? Also, I noticed a lot of joint pain today (knee, elbow and shoulder). I started on 600mg Bulbine 2 days ago (HPTA from Iron Champ USA). Do I need to add fish oil? If so, how much?
Stick with the programming. Submaximal training works. Reps in the tank can be a good thing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Sean. I thought the same thing when I started 5/3/1, but there's a purpose for the madness.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Excellent! Thanks for your input Shawn1332 and RegisterJr

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Sean. I thought the same thing when I started 5/3/1, but there's a purpose for the madness.
Agree with these guys. Sheiko is just setting you up for a weight increase.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
True but I never seen a man squat with no legs.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats are pretty good, Mark. Crazy depth. Now you can see what his squat numbers are where they are, Abe. You two should meet in the middle and you'll both have parallel.

Try to tighten up your trunk and get a belly full of air so as to not let your lower back round. Everything else looked good.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[QUOTE="herderdude;4841065" Abe. You two should meet in the middle and you'll both have parallel. [/QUOTE]

Lololol Marks got great depth. I've tried to explain to Abe about unloading the bar and increasing depth already.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im in for this ride!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Any thoughts on the joint pain? I added fish oil yesterday

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any thoughts on the joint pain? I added fish oil yesterday
Shoot for a combined 2g of epa/dha daily for the fish oil.

Cissus/glucosamine may help.

Really though, you should address WHY the joints are hurting. I'm proper movement patterns? Posture? Tight tissue?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sheiko kills you with squats! I wonder if shoulder/elbow pain is from hand placement on the bar? Knee pain from those deep squats? I use 2 caps glucosamine and 1 cap IForce Joint Help daily and that really helps.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It didn't hurt before or after any training. I woke up and the joints hurt when I moved. Definitely not tendon, tissue or muscle pain. Thanks for the advice so far. I have added fish oil, as I read that others use it with joint pain. I'm off HPTA for the weekend and will see how I feel on Monday.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sheiko kills you with squats! I wonder if shoulder/elbow pain is from hand placement on the bar? Knee pain from those deep squats? I use 2 caps glucosamine and 1 cap IForce Joint Help daily and that really helps.
I haven't changed how I lift. So I'm not sure if the pain is form or depth. HPTA at 600mgs is the only change in the past couple of days.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sheiko Day 3 Advanced (small load) prep cycle 1
Squats
115x4
140x4
160x4x4
Bb bench press
135x3
155x3
180x3
195x3x5
Close grip lat pull down
145x6
175x6
190x6
Meadow Rows
110x6
135x6
Incline crunch twist
20lbs x 10x 3

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beastly-strong Meadows Rows, Mark.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sheiko week 1 day 4
Deficit dead lift (4 inch)
Warm-up
135x5
155x5
Work sets
175x3
205x3
225x2x4
Incline bb bench press
Warm-up
115x8
145x3
165x5
195x3
Work sets
210x3x5
Deadlift (from knees off rack)
185x3
225x3
255x3
295x2x3
Machine overhead tricep extension (seated)
120x6
150x6
180x8
One arm cable tricep push down
40x6x3
Hyper extensions
25x10x4

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just throwing weights around, eh?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sheiko question: I am on the 4 week, 4 day program (advanced small load prep cycle one). I completed week 1 day 4 today. If it's designed by the week (or 7 days), are there 3 days of rest? Do I break the plan up to 2 days, rest, 2 days, rest, rest, then repeat? Any thoughts? tyga tyga kenpoengineer

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/1rest/2/2rest is a good one to follow for any routine.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
2/1rest/2/2rest is a good one to follow for any routine.
Excellent! Thanks. That's what I thought. Also, I haven't done much shoulder work (shrugs or over head press, etc.) can I add these in somewhere or just be patient and be strict with the program?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent! Thanks. That's what I thought. Also, I haven't done much shoulder work (shrugs or over head press, etc.) can I add these in somewhere or just be patient and be strict with the program?
If it were me I'd add them in. Especially OHP.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it were me I'd add them in. Especially OHP.
The reading on other forums suggests "sometimes" substituting OHP for bench pressing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MARK_

MARK_

Awards
The reading on other forums suggests "sometimes" substituting OHP for bench pressing.
Excellent! Thanks for your input. I really want to incorporate shoulders somewhere:)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally I'd stick to the program. You can add in a few sets of OHP after one of your sessions. It won't deter your gainzzzz

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Personally I'd stick to the program. You can add in a few sets of OHP after one of your sessions. It won't deter your gainzzzz
Thanks for your input.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's my understanding that most of the Sheiko programs that you have seen floating around on the internet has been written specifically for someone by Boris Sheiko. So if your program doesn't include them, there's a chance that the program you're running was written for someone who wasn't healthy enough in the shoulders to perform OHP (though not likely the case in a Russian professional strength athlete) or Sheiko determined the lifter's energy was better spent on other movements. I could be all wet, though.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Shoulder and bicep 5th day training (non-Sheiko)
Standing over head bb press
45x10
65x6
95x6
115x6
135x4
155x2
Arnold's
20x10
25x10
30x8
35x8