each muscle once per week is better than twice?

nextcutler

Awards
I have buy the program of two online trainers( josef rakich and Lukas duncan) both believe that traning each muscle once per week is the best. althogh I found in internet a routine: Arnold Schwarzenneger Blueprint and I love it but its each muscle twice per week, I use to train always each muscke twice per week but I do like 30 sets for each muscle, so at the end of the week were 60 sets for each muscle, now with this routine that I found in internet is each muscle twice per week but 15 sets for each muscle, do you think my problem was that I do a lot? or still that doing only once is better than twice?

I would like to hear your opinions:)

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Ive seen my best results rotating. If bringing my back up is the goal I'll train back 2x a week. Chest/shoulders? Then that 2x.

Depends on the goal of the individual. There's no one set routine that's best unfortunately

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If you're on some type of anabolic cycle then yeah I'd hit the same muscle twice a week. I know my body though, I can't go 100% if I hit the same body part the second time in a week.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're on some type of anabolic cycle then yeah I'd hit the same muscle twice a week. I know my body though, I can't go 100% if I hit the same body part the second time in a week.
+1

A lot of people will train twice a week, but they will be doing a lighter workout one of the 2X. If you are training hard it is hard to train every body part 2X per week and see results. A lot of people on here may disagree though.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
My joints and body seem to fall apart when I try and go twice a week with intense workouts. Likely because i dont eat enough to compensate, but still something I've noticed personally.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
I have trained muscle groups up to 3 times a weeks through accessory work with success. I cannot stand not hitting a muscle at least twice a week.

I think it is important like Swolbraham said to rotate things around. So sometimes 30 sets a week for a muscle group, sometimes 60-75+ sets a week. If you only hit 30 sets a week for a muscle group obviously you will be using a lot more intensity as compared to the light intensity of it you went for 75+ sets.

nextcutler

Awards
I am scary to do the routine of my online trainer that is only once per week because I feel bad, I feel like incompleto . This routine of Arnold , I love it I have only 4 days doing it but its incredible , i have only scared to not get bigger, I am on a cycle right now , that would help me?

nextcutler

Awards
Then if you want to get something "bigger" for example: back , you do it twice, then your opinion/idea is that twice per week is better ?

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Then if you want to get something "bigger" for example: back , you do it twice, then your opinion/idea is that twice per week is better ?
Yeah, I think twice a week is better if you can recover alright. It is okay to train a muscle when it is still sore, but if you see the amount of weight you can use drop then you should add in an extra day or two of rest in your schedule.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Periodization can come in several forms when you look into how you plan your cycles. I find power, strength/hypertrophy and fellas/speed days extremely beneficial. I also have less aches and pains and progress over that month are better IMO but each person is def different.

nextcutler

Awards
You mean for example:
Strenght(monday, tuesday,wendsday)
Monday:chest/back
Tuesday:shoulders/arms/forearms
Wednsday.legs
Hypertrophy:(thursday,friday, saturday)
Thursday=monday
Friday=tuesday
Saturday=wendsday
?