Trav's Training, Supps and whatever Injuries i get log.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I have started this log to help keep track of a range of things.I track my training in a xcel spread sheet on my phone, but I have never tracked what supps I am taking at the time or what injuries I get or aggrivate along the way.

A bit about me, I train anywhere from 3 to 6 times a week, depending on the style of training I am doing. I have learnt over the years that strength style of training doesn't really work for me. I tend to get injured and that is a set back I don't need or want. I now mainly train for hypertrophy (spelling...pumps) I'm 35 and have been training for about 13 - 14 years. My goals at the moment is to drop a bit of body fat. I am weighing in at 84.5kg and would like to get to about 80kg and not lose to much strength or size(not that I have much of either)

Training style at the moment is OVT...kinda like GVT but a little different. I do like it, but i think I had better size gains on GVT. I will continue this for another 2 weeks and then have a deload week and start something new.

Current supps at the moment is really only the basics with protein, creatine and some ARA i had laying around.

I have a couple of niggling injuries now, my left knee is playing up and has really made training legs hard. I also have a injury with my left bicep that pops up from time to time....normally when I try to lift heavy bicep moves.

Follow along if you like, or it could be just me in here keeping a record for myself of how 2015 progresses.

Cheers
Trav

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hit the gym this morning for a fasted session, most of my training is fasted. Trying something new for my leg training. Due to my sore left knee today I tried 30 second intervals on the bike. So 30 sec easy and 30 sec pretty hard. Only did it for 10 min plus warm up and cool downs, but I'll add a bit more time and do this EOD and see how it works. Chucked in some hyper extensions and lying leg curls, and 10 min on the treadmill for some LISS.

Last edited:
travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Fasted shoulder session this morning.
Db press ss rear delt flies 5*5*5
Behind head bb press ss lat raises 5*5*5
Bb shrugs ss face pulls 5*5*5

Followed up with Ab work and skipping. Left arm is still playing up and can really feel it when doing lat raises.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in. :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for NO injuries.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
In the gym at 0330 for some chest and back. I love the upper body pump you get from this combo.

Incline db ss cable x over 5*5*5
Bb press ss close db press(for inner pec) 5*5*5
Db row ss straight arm pulldown 5*5*5
Wide lat pulldown ss close lat pulldown 5*5*5

It doesn't seem like a lot, but it takes a while to get through and the pump is great when done.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Post workout....I'm pretty sh!t when it comes to taking selfies, even in a mirror

ForumRunner_20150117_182856.png

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Early training again, but today was little bit of legs and some cardio.
Started off with deadlifts, but super light as I have not done them for a long time, and I am about as flexible as the tin man. I really have to get my technique right with it so there is no back problems.
Followed up with some glute ham bridges and then on the bike for some hard interval riding. Finished off with 20 main LISS on the treadmill.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. I'm about as flexible. Takes me several warm ups to feel good on DL.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hit tri's, calves and abs this morning

Close grip press ss OH db tri extension 5*5*5
Incline skull crusher ss tri pushdown 5*5*5
Calve raises ss planks
And through in some dips for fun.

Diet has been good, training is going well. Looking forward to a bit of a deload week next week, where I will drop the weight and up the reps.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Easy day today with some light deadlifts to work on form. Followed up by 20 minutes of hiit on the stationary bike and then 20 minutes of LISS on the treadmill.

I have just about finished the last of my Ara, and will be down to a pre workout, protein and creatine and that will be it for supps for the time being.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Did some shoulders yesterday and it looked like this

Db shoulder press ss rear delt flies 5*5*5
Bb press behind neck ss lat raises 5*5*5
Bb shrugs ss face pulls 5*5*5

That is it for my heavier lifting, I'll take a deload week and start a new program. Looking forward to some higher rep work this week. Any suggestions for a new program let me know.

Today was some fasted cardio, just LISS this morning.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Started my week of deload training and hit chest and back yesterday.
Incline db press ss wide lat pulldown
Flat db press ss db row
Close incline db press ss straight arm pulldown
15 sets for both, with some high rep work thrown in.

Today was tri's and bi's
Over head db extension ss concentration curls
CHBP ss concentration curls
Tri pushdown ss reverse curls
Standing calve raises

Got a pretty good pump, and through in some Ab work st the end.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hit up shoulders today and thought I'd try a couple of things I don't normally do or really tried before.
First up I gave the Arnold press a go, and man these are tough, I only went light and for 4 sets of 12 and can really feel it on the front delts. I will be incorporating these in future programs.
Db shoulder press * 4
Cable lat raise ss behind back shrugs *3
Rear delt cable flies ss shrugs *3
Hang press *3

Did skipping between each set to get the heart rate up.

Thinking about doing y3t for my next programming, read about it in edje007 log and looked like a good program that covers all bases.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't done Armolds in forever. I don't know if they ever contributed to shoulder pain, but they are one of a few exercises I stopped and have no longer had issues. Maybe I could play with them lightly again.

Nice consistent work in here Trav.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done Armolds in forever. I don't know if they ever contributed to shoulder pain, but they are one of a few exercises I stopped and have no longer had issues. Maybe I could play with them lightly again.

Nice consistent work in here Trav.
Didn't have any issues with the Arnold press, bit they were light. My shoulders seem to hold up pretty well.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So I have almost finished my current pwo which is ON platinum pre, and its not to bad. Not to much BA so the tingles make your skin red, but enough to feel it. The stim is about right for me as well. Next I will be trying nitraflex by GAT, I wanted to try PES high volume and have seen good reviews for finaflex stimul8 but I had to buy this pwo from the store as i ran out and the order wouldn't make to Aus in time...next time and hope the nitraflex does its job.

Today was legs and it started off with hard intervals on the stationary bike 30 second easy and 30 seconds hard for 10min with some warm up and cool down.
Leg press 12 * 5 sets
SLDL 10 * 5 sets
Lying leg curls 10 * 5 sets
Calve raises 15, 15, 12, 10, drop set 15 then 10
Finished up with skipping and Ab work at the end. Left knee is a little sore but I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm in for the ride. I hope it doesn't get to bumpy

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I'm in for the ride. I hope it doesn't get to bumpy
Welcome MARK_, the ride shouldn't be to bumpy as I have learnt to train around injuries or change it up if I feel a injury about to happen.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I think you'll really like STIMUL8.

Happy Australian Day man!
Thanks RegisterJr I think stimul8 would be good for my 0330 gym session while away at work.
Had a pretty good Aus day, went to the beach with my 3 year old son and he had a ball, but it was a bit warm 37 degrees Celsius and didn't want to get hammered by the sun, so only stayed 2 hours.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks RegisterJr I think stimul8 would be good for my 0330 gym session while away at work. Had a pretty good Aus day, went to the beach with my 3 year old son and he had a ball, but it was a bit warm 37 degrees Celsius and didn't want to get hammered by the sun, so only stayed 2 hours.
That's when I get up to lift also.

I'm missing beach weather...

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Chest and back this morning, good workout with a nice pump, next time I hit chest it will be with y3t and can't wait for it.
All weights in kg.

incline db ss wide lat pulldown
17.5 *15 ss 100 * 15
25 * 15 ss 120 * 15
30 * 12 ss 130 * 12
32.5 * 8 ss 140 * 8
35 * 6 ss 150 * 6
30 *10 ss 130 * 10

db press ss db row
30 * 10 ss 30 * 10
30 * 10 ss 30 * 10
30 * 10 ss 30 * 10

incline close db press ss straight arm pulldown
15 * 12 ss 90 * 12
15 * 12 ss 90 * 12
15 * 12 ss 90 * 12

cable x over ss wide cable row
40 * 15 ss 80 * 15
40 * 15 ss 80 * 15
40 * 15 ss 80 * 15

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So I have now finished the last of my ara and am now giving nitraflex by GAT a try as my new pre. First impressions, and it was only a half dose, are the taste is OK, not to sweet ( I have pina colada) stim was pretty good for half dose. Pump was okay and focus was okay. I'll have a better idea when I use a full scoop over the next few days. The reason behind the ½ scoop is because it is a prop blend ( which i am not a big fan of) and you don't know how much of each ingredient you are getting, such as caffeine.

Today was super setting bi's and tri's, just another higher rep lighter weight session, with a bit of skipping and Ab work between sets and at the end. Got a good sweat on, and overall a good session.

On a side note my hammies are still sore from the SLDL I did a few days ago.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder today, nothing out of the ordinary. Am having a higher carb day, and tomorrow will be a rest day with maybe some LISS after work.

I will start y3t on Saturday and log how it all goes. Have been reading some good (-)epi reviews and looking to get some to run soon.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yay carbs...

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Flew up to work yesterday morning and did some cardio and Ab work after I finished my shift.

Got in the gym nice and early this morning (0315) and had my first chest and tri y3t session working in the 8-10 rep range

Incline db press x 3
Incline flies x 3
Weighted dips x 2
Cable x over drop set x 1
Tri pushdown x 3
Skull crusher x 3
CGBP x 2

Good session although I may add in another chest exercise next week. Defiantly felt it on my tri's by the end.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the perfect time to hit the gym. :)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Another early one, and today was y3t legs. I had to improvise a couple of things and changed squats to box squats.

Wide leg press x 3
Box squats x 3
Front squats x 3
Leg extension x 3
Leg curs x 4
High leg press x 4
SLDL x 4

My legs were jelly after this, and after not training legs properly for a while I sire doms will set in.
I will head to the gym after work to hit calves as there was none on the program.

The nitraflex is working OK, clean energy with no crash, not much pump though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Box squats... Never tried them.

Our gym doesn't have boxes for the. Can a bench work or is that too low?

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Box squats... Never tried them.

Our gym doesn't have boxes for the. Can a bench work or is that too low?
I just used a bench for this. I only used it as I haven done squats for a long time after I injured my lower back last time. So I will do these and lower the height of the bench/box I sit down to as I get better at it.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Made it in this morning for calves, abs and some light cardio. Didn't take a pwo this morning and I can really notice the difference, I feel really flat and training at 0330 you need that caffeine hit to help get you moving.

Legs are feeling pretty good and no doms yet.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Y3t shoulders today and I didn't think there was enough volume so I added in a couple of sets of Arnold press at the end.

Db shoulder press x 2
Seated side lat raises x 4
Standing bb press x 2
Rear delt flies x 4
Arnold press x 3

My the bottom of my left bicep was killing me today and really impacts on the lat raises.

I took 1½ scoops of nitraflex this morning and could feel the beta alanine tingles all over my neck and face. I think this may be the right dosage from now on.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I hate training that early without a Pre. I usually have 2 cups of coffee and then my stimul8. Stim breaks suck...

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Trained after work, but took my pwo a bit early, and my left bicep is starting to play up.

Back and biceps, but I didn't do any bicep work.

V grip pulldown x 3
Db row x 3
Face pulls x 3
Wide LST pulldown x 3

All of this was in the 8-10 rep range.

One week down, and this is a rep range (8-10) I use a lot, so I'll see how it goes when I do it all again in the 12-14 rep range, which I don't do a lot of training in that range. Can't wait.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Tell ya what, doing a whole session in the 12-14 rep range is a killer and defiantly something I am not used to. I mean I do some finishing sets in the 15 rep range, but a whole work out is something different

Chest/tri's
Incline db press x 3
Incline flies x 3
Weighted dips x 2
Cable x over drop set
Tri pushdown x 4
Skull crusher x 4
CGBP x 2

Good session although I didn't always make the rep range and will have to check my ego at the door.....or have longer rests in between sets.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldn't agree more.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
So legs are done and dusted for today. Didn't feel to bad heading onto the gym. Headphones in and music cranked for some leg work.

Everything today is in the 12-14 rep range.

Wide leg press x 3
Box squats x 3
Front squats x 3
Leg extension x 3
Lying leg curl x 4
Feet high leg press x 4
SLDL x 4
Seated calve raises x 4

I really had to concentrate on form with the SLDL as the hammies were caned.

Finished up went home and got my son and headed down to the local beach for a couple of hours, before it got to hot. Great start to the day.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Woke up and took my 1½ scoops of nitraflex pre, i have pina colada and it tastes pretty good, mixes well with nothing left in the bottom of the shaker. Its not a bad pwo, but doesn't give a lot of focus or pump, might have to up the dose to 2 scoops.

Y3T shoulders today all in the 12-14 rep range.
Db press x 2
Side lat raises x 4
Bb press x 2
Rear delt flies x 4

Then I added
Arnold press super set bb shrugs x 3

Threw in some skipping between sets to get the heart rate up.

Protein shake down and 3 scrambled eggs with a kangaroo snag for breaky.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
It was supposedto be back and bi'sthis morning, but the bi's are left out again and it became just a back session. I now try to train around injuries rather than just stop training...probably doesn't help long term, but it keeps me going and motivated to keep hitting the gym.

V Bar pulldown x 3
DB row x 3
low pulley pulls to neck x 3
Wide lat pulldown x 3
Straight arm pulldown x 3

I love back day, always a good pump through the back and bi's. Even though I didn't hit bi's directly, we all know withback the bi's get hit indirectly, so they still get a little workout.

Todays session was powered by Parkway Drive
http://youtu.be/ITaXZz1x_GM

Some Byron Bay Hardcore to get the blood pumping, and push out those extra couple of reps.

Tomorrow may be a rest day, or some swimming and walking down the beach, I'll see how hectic things are in the morning.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
This morning was the start of week 3 of Y3T, and its chest and tri's day. On week three there are fewer sets, but the rep range in between 16-20. So you get a good pump in the chest and tri's. By the end my tri's were feeling it, but feels so good once you finish.

Incline db press x 2
Incline flies x 2
Dips x 2
Cable x over x 1 drop set, 3 drops
Tri pushdown x 2
Skull crusher x 2
CGBP x 2

Legs tomorrow, and it will be an early session.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Early one this morning, in the gym by 0315 and warming up for legs

Wide leg press x 2
Box squats x 2
Front squats x 2
Leg extension x 2
Lying leg curls x 3
High leg press x 3
SLDL x 3
Seated calve raises x 4

All sets were between 16-20 reps. Need to work on my front squats as I have the bar on my front delta and pretty much pressing against my neck.

Good first 3 weeks of y3t so far and these 3 weeks are giving me a good indication of what weights I'll use next 3 week cycle.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Decided on some early core work and light cardio now that I am away at work.
The week at home my food choices weren't the best, they weren't to bad but could of been better. Back at work and a routine with healthier eating to go with it.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
In the gym by 0310 and warming up for some shoulder work

Db press x 2
Side lat raises x 4
Military press x 2
Rear delt flies x 3
Arnold press ss bb shrugs x 3

All in the 16-20 rep range, gives a great pump especially after the lat raises.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Final session of week 3 of Y3T, and today was back. Everything in the 16-20 rep range, and you get a good burn with this.

V bar pulldown x 3
Db rows x 3
Low pulley to neck x 3
Wide lat pulldown x 3
Straight arm pulldown x 3

I'll have a rest day tomorrow then back into it with chest and tri's. Will be working in the 8-10 rep range for week 4.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided on some early core work and light cardio now that I am away at work. The week at home my food choices weren't the best, they weren't to bad but could of been better. Back at work and a routine with healthier eating to go with it.
I destroyed my diet this past 3-day also.

Nice work in here Trav.