Power Bodybuilding

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
This is a plan designed by Mike O'Hearn. I used it several years ago, but didn't complete the 12 weeks due to injury. I began again this week. I completed week 1 today. I will log the next 11 weeks. I am also using AlphaMax and then Magnitropin. I have never used any such products until recently and am eager to see how they help. I welcome suggestions or constructive criticism. I want to learn and grow so I may be able to help others one day as so many have helped me in the short time I have been with AM.
Body weight: 180. 6 foot tall. BF: 12.8%
Here is Day 5 workout for me:
Deadlift: (70% max. Which is 360)
Warm up: 135x15/205x10/235x10
Work set: 250x4x4/250x10
One arm db row
70x10
80x10
90x10
100x10
100x15
Wide grip pull down
130x10
175x8
190x9
Standing calve raise
90x20
160x20
210x20
260x10
90x40
Incline crunch
Bwx25
25x15
35x15

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Week 2 Day 1 chest
*Slightly modified because I want to keep working on bb bench press
Bb bench press
135x15x2
185x8
190x5x2
195x5x1
195x6x1
205x6
Incline bb bench press
135x10
155x5x2
165x5x2
Superset on next two
165x3/135x4
Db bench press
80x6
80x8
75x5/60x5
65x9
*very little rest because time was running out and it shows as I did not reach my goals
Incline fly
30x10
40x5/30x5
35x10
Incline sit up with 12 pound ball thrown to me
20x3

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I did this program years ago. It's awesome. Make sure you eat, man!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Week two day 2 Legs
Squat
135x8
155x5
190x4x5
Leg press
290x10
330x10
374x10
450x10x2
Leg extension
160x8
180x8
195x8
Leg curl
60x10
90x10
100x10
Planks (1 minute each)
Elbows
Arms
Left side
Right side
Arms and left leg up
Arms and right leg up
Elbows
Arms

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice volume Mark!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Week 2 Day 3 shoulders
- fasted workout because its first thing in the morning
- pw is RagNOrok (1 1/2 servings today)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/262566-ragnorok-elite-sponsored.html
- fat burner is PX500 white (Finaflex)
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/262572-get-lean-2015-a.html

Standing overhead press
45x15
65x10
85x10
115x8
135x8
150x1
160x1
135x7
Smith machine wide grip upright row
70x8
90x8
105x8
DB upright row
45x8x3
Machine shoulder press
115x8
145x8
Side lat raise
25x10
30x10
30x11
20x12
Rear Delt raise
25x10
25x12x2
20x12
- Swam 30 minutes last night

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your OHP is STRONG, Mark.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Week 3 Day 1
Incline bench press
135x10
155x10
175x5
175x5x4 (1 min rest between sets)
Db bench press
85x10
90x9
85x9
85x4
Db incline fly
40x12
40x10
40x8/25x8
Deadlifts (didn't get to them Friday)
135x10x2
185x10
235x10
285x5x2
Cardio yesterday
20 minutes of stairs
8 minutes of different planks
2 sets bicycles
3 sets leg lifts

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy deadlift cardio. Lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Holy deadlift cardio. Lol
I need to see some progress in the ab department. So, cardio, ab stuff and FinaFlex PX/ALCCLA stack and anything else I can do to get the abs to come hither from beneath thither

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to see some progress in the ab department. So, cardio, ab stuff and FinaFlex PX/ALCCLA stack and anything else I can do to get the abs to come hither from beneath thither
It's time for me to do that too. It's officially been an entire year since my lat cut.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It's time for me to do that too. It's officially been an entire year since my lat cut.
Its great! My weight is slowly dropping. Along with my bf. My strength is increasing. Win, win! It could be that I am on week six of AlphaMax:)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Light arm work and cardio so far today because of some pain I'm having.
Standing bb curl
45x15
65x12
85x12
Superset with
Alt DB hammer curl
20x10
25x10
30x10
Machine Tri extension
100x15
130x15
170x15
Machine tri push down
105x10
125x8x2
Cardio
25 minutes on treadmill at 3.5 incline and 2.8 speed (couldn't walk much faster today)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Back burner for right now. Going to try a different training program. Dr. Says my pain is a result of heavy lifting. I'm looking into some other programs to start on Monday

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I've done some reading on GVT and I am planning to start this program on Monday if everything goes the way I'm hoping

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've done some reading on GVT and I am planning to start this program on Monday if everything goes the way I'm hoping
GVT is an awesome 12-14 week program

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Is there a downloadable GVT plan somewhere? I can work one up myself if there's not.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I don't follow his specific program but I do follow a power bodybuilding rep/set scheme.

I really enjoy it, getting bigger and stronger is great :)

Plus it's nice to be strong, people seem to look up to you for some reason.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Interesting comment from a lady in my church when I went to swim in her pool, "Pastor, you need to stop going to the gym. You look like you are using steroids." Lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Brought my son to the airport early this morning for him to go back to college. Got some cardio and ab work in. Now my daughter takes her driving test for her license. What a day? Thought of using G8 to relax :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brought my son to the airport early this morning for him to go back to college. Got some cardio and ab work in. Now my daughter takes her driving test for her license. What a day? Thought of using G8 to relax :)
If I weren't hunting this weekend is take a huge scoop tonight and turn off all alarms. Maybe Sunday night....

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
If I weren't hunting this weekend is take a huge scoop tonight and turn off all alarms. Maybe Sunday night....
This is my plan for sat night :)

Early gym session again tomorrow so want to wake up for that haha

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sounds like a good plan to me

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Gym is closed. I will work with what I have in my basement I guess. Break time is over. It's time to get serious. GVT starts today baby!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go get it!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Go get it!
Going for it. After hospital visit, office stuff and coach boys basketball game. I'm going to work bi's and tri's because I have equipment for that. Full report eventually:)

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm starting a purely GVT routine today myself as well. Good luck to you. Will be following closely.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I'm starting a purely GVT routine today myself as well. Good luck to you. Will be following closely.
Excellent! Should be fun. Painfully fun!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
New program: Day 1: GVT, Chest/back
Bb bench press
145x10x10
(Superset with...)
Wide grip lat pull down
130x10
145x10
135x10x8
Incline fly
30x10
35x10
40x10
(Super set with...)
One arm db row
70x10
75x10
80x10
Smith front shrugs
100x15
140x15
210x15
Seated calve raises
110x30x2
155x30x2
- About 3/4 the way through my stomach was flipping all around. I'm not sure why. I pushed through and finished up (although I was moving quite slow heading out of the gym). Arms tomorrow. Any suggestions to this workout are welcomed:)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice volume Mark. You doing the 3010 tempo (or whatever it is, I forget).

My stomach was a little off today too.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice volume Mark. You doing the 3010 tempo (or whatever it is, I forget). My stomach was a little off today too.
Thanks. I think it was something like 302 tempo. I tend to be slow in the negative automatically. I probably followed this tempo without even trying. The weight was kind of light. It may take a the week for me to get the weight per exercise figured out. Next week should be smoother. This workout seems to get the heart rate up pretty good. Excellent for weight loss goals :)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Today's session: legs
Squats
135x10
150x10x5
Leg curls
75x10x10
Standing calve raises
90x20
160x20
210x20

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Ab time! Burn baby burn! 21 minutes cardio (8 incline, 3.2 speed). Ab workout: 3 sets of everything; weighted sit ups (25lbs, no leg support), flutter kicks 50, side planks 1 minute each, bicycle kicks 30. Whoooooohoooo! Burn. PX/ALCCLA in action!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you not do 10 sets of 10 with squats?

Cardio session and ab workout looks good mark!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Did you not do 10 sets of 10 with squats? Cardio session and ab workout looks good mark!
:( no, you caught that. I couldn't take it. After the fifth set I was done. If someone was there to push me I probably could have done the last five. My legs are the weakest part of me (for the reasons above (excuses)) and I hate squats, so I stopped. I'm kind of sore already though. I'll push through next time, cause I see I'm being watched (which I appreciate). Thanks

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:( no, you caught that. I couldn't take it. After the fifth set I was done. If someone was there to push me I probably could have done the last five. My legs are the weakest part of me (for the reasons above (excuses)) and I hate squats, so I stopped. I'm kind of sore already though. I'll push through next time, cause I see I'm being watched (which I appreciate). Thanks
GVT leg day is the worst. Stay hammering it out mark and you'll get it! After the 12 weeks you'll be glad you stuck it out

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
GVT leg day is the worst. Stay hammering it out mark and you'll get it! After the 12 weeks you'll be glad you stuck it out
Thanks for the encouragement. It helps a lot to have someone with you (even if their in your mind and not physically present).

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Anyone else ever mix up their G8 and Stimul8? Wow! Would that mess you an evening. I grabbed the Stimul8 instead of G8 because I'm tired and the tubs are pretty similar. Good thing I noticed before it was to late. I have to workout extra early tomorrow (5am) and this would have messed that up.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GVT is no joke. I hate following the tempo because it burns so bad! I only did it once for a consistent time but had good results. I could never make it through bench. It still felt light but you get no push..haha...and yes, squat is the worst, or is it shoulder press? Biceps? Geez the whole thing hurts!

Contemplating doing this a month to switch things up from 5/3/1

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone else ever mix up their G8 and Stimul8? Wow! Would that mess you an evening. I grabbed the Stimul8 instead of G8 because I'm tired and the tubs are pretty similar. Good thing I noticed before it was to late. I have to workout extra early tomorrow (5am) and this would have messed that up.
Stim8 is also no joke. 5am is way to difficult to wake up lol.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Stim8 is also no joke. 5am is way to difficult to wake up lol.
That's for sure! I have a dr appointment at 6:45am and this is my only option if I want to lift. I want to lift (will I say that when the alarm goes off at 4:30am?) :)