DMA's Never Satisfied Training Log

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up everybody? Well this seems like the logical thing to do to keep track of all the things I have in mind for the next, well, life. Some current things I've got going on right now, well I'm in pct from a fantastic 7 week run of DMZ that was preceded by a fantastic 7 week run of Otar1ne and Ep1c. I have made some huge body composition changes in those 14 weeks. Logged both cycles and found out that by logging, so much information, suggestions and feedback get thrown at you to help you along the way. So that's what I always welcome. The more the merrier, good and bad. I also discovered it is very effective for achieving results. It's almost like having an audience and I feel pressured to perform. So thank you for facilitating my motivation.

I don't really follow a specific training regiment. My workouts center around the big lifts and I switch up the format from time to time. I'm currently focusing on 1 body part per workout, 3-4 on, 1 off. So each part gets hit every 5th day. After a few weeks of this I will mix in a week or two of split routines to mix it up and add a little frequency to each body part. This is subject to change at any time!! I am also currently training for strength, as the DMZ made it so easy.

Some current lifting stats are:
Squat: 365
Dead: 435
Bench: 305
OHP: 135 x 5 (behind neck)
Seated Military: 215 x 3
Pendlays: 235 x 5

I'm currently holding steady at 203 lbs. waking. So being that I'm in my second week of pct, I'm trying to hold onto that tight. Kind of eating everything and not tracking for the remainder of the year, and then I will tighten back up.

Current Supps:
Olympus Conqu3r-DGE (best pwo available, just get it and find out)
Olympus Vital1ty
USPLabs Modern BCAA's
Whatever protein Costco is carrying, usually either MusclePharm or Cellucor
SNS X-Gels (starting today, can't freakin' wait)

Will be adding Olympus DermaStrength soon.

Standard PCT (Nolva, DAA, Sup3r pct, Aromasin, Reduce XT)

So this log will feature many different supplements as I cycle them and hopefully give a good idea on how they work...for me!!

Also different goals and diets. As I said I'm currently bulking in preparation for the Spring cut. See what I created under this fluff.

Ok, that's all the serious biz. I will not be so serious all the time. I will be annoyingly over-excited some days and b!tch and moan the next. So all talk is welcome. Help me out AM people. I'm never satisfied, there's always work to do.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any talk about PWOS in here? :afro:

Spartacus1

Spartacus1

Banned
Awards
image-2487488168.jpg

Will there be PB & Egg sandwich pics in this log?!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Conqu3r, Vital1ty, and first dose of X-Gels...off to throw weights through ceiling.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Demigods and mortals shall assemble and see something amazing happen in here!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Cool kids don't show up until page 2, but I figured I'd break my rule this time...

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So first workout with X-Gels, 3rd with Conqu3r/Vital1ty combo. This is going to be good, that's all I know. I find bulking much more mentally challenging than cutting. Changing for the gym today in the bathroom at work, and maybe it was the lighting, but man I looked too soft. But I know it's my mind playing tricks on me. I go back and forth, cut some calories, don't cut some calories...then I get to the gym and all the self-conscious BS is out the window!!

DB Shoulder Press:
35's x 10
50's x 10
65's x 8
75's x 6
75's x 6
60's x 8

Smith Upright Rows:
95 x 12
145 x 10
145 x 8
145 x 8
Super Set
Shrugs w/ Trap Bar:
115 on each side x 4 sets

1 set run rack drop set DB Shrugs: 75's, 65's, 55's, 45's, 40's

DB Reverse Flies:
30's x 12 x 3 sets

HS Iso Shoulder Press w/ 4-0-1-0 tempo:
65 each side x 12
75 each side x ??? to failure x 2 sets

Reverse Flies on Pec Deck:
130 x 12 x 3 sets
Super Set
Leg Raises and Rope Crunches x 3 sets each

This hour disappeared. And if my wife didn't just have surgery and need me at home ASAP, I might still be there.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have never ran the rack on shrugs and I have no idea why! Thanks for it!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never ran the rack on shrugs and I have no idea why! Thanks for it!
Running the rack can be brutal. Snatch grip shrugs super set with DB shrugs is a killer too.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot to put 45lb. Plate Front Raises x 3 sets. Oh well.
And yeah usually run the rack for shrugs 2-3 sets gets a helluva burn!!

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man! I'm thinking of changing my routine back to my old style. Reverse pyramids/high volume, I don't feel like my body is responding to MI40.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man! I'm thinking of changing my routine back to my old style. Reverse pyramids/high volume, I don't feel like my body is responding to MI40.
Interesting. How long have you been doing it now? A full month?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was a pretty good day all the way around. Made my upcoming promotion at work official with my supervisors. More money, less hours. Much less hours!! And I think it set in a little today when I was in the dressing room this afternoon trying on slacks. I realized, I'm trying on slacks and polos for work!! No more Dickies and work T's. It was a good feeling.

Shut it down early at work and we had our Xmas lunch at Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play. Had a couple beers, won a Magic Bullet juicer (last year I won a flat screen tv), ate some good food, then headed out to walk it off doing some shopping.

Today was 2nd day with X-Gels, Conqu3r, and Vital1ty. There is this moment, about 15 minutes into the workout where it just hits you. The sweat and pump are simultaneous and it starts pouring. No one else in the gym looks like this. I'm pouring with intensity. I can't wait til this takes off.

Kroc Rows:
60's x 12 warm up
105's x 10
125's x 8
130's x 7 PR
130's x 6
115's x 8

Behind Neck Pull-Ups: (I suck at these)
6 sets x 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3

Supported T-Bar Row:
90 x 10
90 x 8
90 x 8
Super Set
Single Arm Cable Rows:
100 x 10
120 x 10
120 x 10

Close Grip Pull Down:
150 x 8
150 x 8
150 x 8
Super Set
Standing Straight Arm Pulldown w/ Rope:
100 x 12
120 x 8
120 x 8

Single Arm High Cable Curls:
50 x 8 x 3 sets

Spider Curls / Underhand Front Raise w/ 2 second hold Super Set x 3 sets (Great Finisher)

Try it tomorrow!!! Imagine twisting your pinkys through the bar at the top.

[video=youtube;JzpEtTC8JW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpEtTC8JW4[/video]

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Very nice work! I'm going to have to try those spider curls! Congratulations again on you new position!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a funny thing that when you start to really look like you workout, it's all anybody wants to talk about with you. Had a party for my 1 year old daughter here at the house yesterday and all the guys talk about you and congratulate you, while my wife complains to the women that I'm obsessed!! The night ended with some buzzed wrestling in the back yard in which I dominated a couple buddies with 1 hand behind my back LOL. But seriously. Keeping it classy at a kids party.

Had a nice chest session today.

DB Press:
50's x 12
75's x 10
105's x 8
115's x 4 PR
115's x 3
100's x 4

Incline DB Press:
60'2 x 10 x 3 sets
Super Set
Incline Flies:
35's x 8 x 3 sets

Cable Crossovers / Dips nonstop Super Set x 4 rotations

HS Decline Press:
90 each side x 6 x 3sets
Super Set
HS Flat Press w/ hand positioned at neck like guillotine:
45 each side, 1 arm at a time to failure x 3 sets

Tricep Rope Pulldown Quad drop set:
140 x 6 drop to 90 x 6 drop to 60 x 6 drop to 45 to failure x 4 sets

Ab Cable Crunches:
150 x 10 x 3 sets

The pumps were so intense at the cable cross and dips I could barely take it. My pecs and triceps felt like they were going to blow out and by the 3rd rotation I could only get like 5-6 dips.

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout! I need to start investing in bigger DB's, mine just go up to 55. My wife says I'm obsessed also, but the older you get the more you look better than everyone around you your age. Besides, kids like having a superhero daddy! Nice work on the backyard domination!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PRs on DECK!!!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed! I am excited and look forward to how the supplements help you shatter the iron!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
It's a funny thing that when you start to really look like you workout, it's all anybody wants to talk about with you. Had a party for my 1 year old daughter here at the house yesterday and all the guys talk about you and congratulate you, while my wife complains to the women that I'm obsessed!!/QUOTE]
Ain't this the truth. Whenever my girlfriend says anything about m being obsessed I ask her if she would rather me be fat like I used to be, that typically ends that issue. Still killin' PR's in PCT. Great work bro!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. I use the same response. You have to be a little obsessed. We all are.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. I use the same response. You have to be a little obsessed. We all are.
Killer workout.

And I bet if you ask ANY guy on this forum their woman had used the obsessed or something similar at least once if not more. I get that ALL the time. You're not alone brother.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer workout.

And I bet if you ask ANY guy on this forum their woman had used the obsessed or something similar at least once if not more. I get that ALL the time. You're not alone brother.
Thanks for the support man!!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
It's a funny thing that when you start to really look like you workout, it's all anybody wants to talk about with you. Had a party for my 1 year old daughter here at the house yesterday and all the guys talk about you and congratulate you, while my wife complains to the women that I'm obsessed!! The night ended with some buzzed wrestling in the back yard in which I dominated a couple buddies with 1 hand behind my back LOL. But seriously. Keeping it classy at a kids party.

Had a nice chest session today.

DB Press:
50's x 12
75's x 10
105's x 8
115's x 4 PR
115's x 3
100's x 4

Incline DB Press:
60'2 x 10 x 3 sets
Super Set
Incline Flies:
35's x 8 x 3 sets

Cable Crossovers / Dips nonstop Super Set x 4 rotations

HS Decline Press:
90 each side x 6 x 3sets
Super Set
HS Flat Press w/ hand positioned at neck like guillotine:
45 each side, 1 arm at a time to failure x 3 sets

Tricep Rope Pulldown Quad drop set:
140 x 6 drop to 90 x 6 drop to 60 x 6 drop to 45 to failure x 4 sets

Ab Cable Crunches:
150 x 10 x 3 sets

The pumps were so intense at the cable cross and dips I could barely take it. My pecs and triceps felt like they were going to blow out and by the 3rd rotation I could only get like 5-6 dips.
LOL! Aint that the truth! Good stuff bro, I'm Here! thanks for reminding me!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
You as well brother! Kickin A** And Takin Names as always where I seem to find you !

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Lookin like a damn successful pct so far.. Hitting pr's off cycle is awesome!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping I'll have a similar pct with xgels, sl, and I'm thinking I'll add a gda supp

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty solid session yesterday. Hit it hard and fast. Only had like 45 minutes to get it in. Had to go see Santa at the mall.

ATG Squats:
135 x 10
185 x 8
205 x 8

SLDL:
135 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 7PR
275 x 4

Front Squats:
135 x 8
135 x 6
135 x 6 (back was telling me not to go heavy, even though that was my intention at first)

Lying Leg Curls:
115 x 8
115 x 6
115 x 6
115 x 6

Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine:
170 x 40
190 x 40
205 x 30
205 x 30

Leg Extension nonstop partials w/ 70lbs. for as long as I could. Used hand to assist until I couldn't take it anymore. Did this 3 times. Quads were on fire.

Oblique Crunches x 3 sets

Quick but effective workout. Happy with the PR on SLDL, but I could feel this intercostal strain nagging me through it. The pump and focus is a great pain killer in the moment.

Never made it to see Santa. As we got on the freeway, my son got into a 3 car crash right behind us. Heard the crunching behind me and just had a feeling it was him. So I pulled to the shoulder and went running back and sure enough, him, my other son, and his girlfriend were standing on the shoulder uninjured but shaken up. So I let my wife take the girls home and I spent the next couple hours with the boys waiting on the tow truck. One of those things that sucks, but that's life, and there's a good lesson in it somewhere. No one was hurt, and that's all that matters.

tommurph

tommurph

Awards
  • Established
Good work on getting those legs done! Glad your boys are ok!