TGR's Training: 5-3-1, Mountain Dog, and whatever else...

Page 2 of 344 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Yes.

    And I'll say that I think he should lower his squat to something he's VERY comfortable with. I think he could benefit from manageable weights, for now, to hone his technique some.

    And keep your bench where it's at. Stop freaking out about starting too low lol. Strength will come. If you do thinks right, a year from now you'll look back and laugh that you were ever worried with some of this trivial stuff.
    So there you go, JR. From someone who has used it more than me.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    So there you go, JR. From someone who has used it more than me.
    Goes for all training, really. Start low and slow and build. No need to rush if you plan on lifting for the next 10, 20, ect years. You'll be more likely to remain injury free and engrain better technique. Which will translate to more strength over time.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Yes.

    And I'll say that I think he should lower his squat to something he's VERY comfortable with. I think he could benefit from manageable weights, for now, to hone his technique some.

    And keep your bench where it's at. Stop freaking out about starting too low lol. Strength will come. If you do thinks right, a year from now you'll look back and laugh that you were ever worried with some of this trivial stuff.
    Well there it is.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  4. Subbed . Fck ya man. Awesome pr to kick things off
  5. TGR's Training: 5-3-1, Mountain Dog, and whatever else...


    Cycle 1 Day 2

    BACK

    Barbell Deadlift 419.33

    BELTLESS-

    1.25m rests (set up after the 1m timer went off)

    Set 1 : 150x5
    Set 2 : 190x5
    Set 3 : 225x3
    Set 4 : 265x3

    +Belt
    Set 5 : 300x3 VIDEO

    http://youtu.be/hHDAVbnTB9I

    +Belt, +Chalk

    2-3m rest-

    Set 6 : 340x7 PR

    I videoed this set, but something happened with the phone and the video cut off before I pulled the first rep. I was so ticked.

    NOTE: I had to delete videos to edit the 300x3. Looks like I was out of memory... Dang.

    Meadows Row 166.67
    1m rests-

    Set 1 : 45x8
    Set 2 : 90x8

    + straps

    Set 3 : 100x8
    Set 4 : 115x8
    Set 5 : 125x10

    Superset, 30s rest jumping back and forth:

    Barbell Good Morning 239.17

    Set 1 : 135x5
    Set 2 : 185x5
    Set 3 : 205x5 (w/ belt)
    Set 4 : 185x3

    Straight Arm DB pullover 97.5

    Meadows' ROM-

    Set 1 : 65x15
    Set 2 : 65x13
    Set 3 : 65x13

    SUPERSET:

    Right arm both exercises, then the left arm both exercises.

    Kayak Row 135

    Set 1 : 90x15

    Cable One Arm Seated Row 101.33

    Set 1 : 80x8

    Notes:

    I dragged out of bed this morning and ended up 30 minutes late to the gym. Or, later than normal anyway. I wish I had had that extra time for more accessory work. All in all though it was a good workout and I had fun dead lifting.


    Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Subbed . Fck ya man. Awesome pr to kick things off
    Welcome AT!
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
    •   
       


  6. Nice workout! Hitting it strong right off the bat. Deads and good mornings would wipe me out for the rest of the day! Looks like the new routine has motivated you a little more than what you were already.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

  7. Great session! Solid assistance work too.

    All these reps on the AMRAP set will pay off down the road. When you finally work up to heavy numbers you'll blow them out of the water. Can't wait to see your progress.

  8. 340 x 7 is CRAZY! Nice job.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Nice workout! Hitting it strong right off the bat. Deads and good mornings would wipe me out for the rest of the day! Looks like the new routine has motivated you a little more than what you were already.
    Quote Originally Posted by liftandswim View Post
    Great session! Solid assistance work too.

    All these reps on the AMRAP set will pay off down the road. When you finally work up to heavy numbers you'll blow them out of the water. Can't wait to see your progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    340 x 7 is CRAZY! Nice job.
    Thanks guys! This is the sorest I remember my back being this early after a WO in a long.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  10. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Thanks guys! This is the sorest I remember my back being this early after a WO in a long.
    It's a nice change of pace ain't it?? Love the DOMs I get from this program. Deads looking solid. Position looks good to me man.

  11. Definitely some strong work Thomas!! I am not surprised your back is sore!! Be crazy if it wasn't after all of that! Lol
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

  12. Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    It's a nice change of pace ain't it?? Love the DOMs I get from this program. Deads looking solid. Position looks good to me man.
    I am a fan, for sure.

    It's a catch-22 for me on DL-ing in pants. I like them to protect my shins, but I also kinda like watching my shins as I sit back to keep them as straight as possible.

    I also had to readjust twice on the x7. They are hex plates, and twice they rolled forward. No biggie though.

    Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Definitely some strong work Thomas!! I am not surprised your back is sore!! Be crazy if it wasn't after all of that! Lol
    Thanks Kat! I'm knotting up for sure! It's going to be a good end of the year with this routine.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  13. Nice job brother.. Excellent deadlifts.... arms looking big in that video too.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Nice job brother.. Excellent deadlifts.... arms looking big in that video too.
    Thanks Simon.

    I might have a little Max Pump going on...
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  15. Love me some Max Pump

  16. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I videoed this set, but something happened with the phone and the video cut off before I pulled the first rep. I was so ticked.

    NOTE: I had to delete videos to edit the 300x3. Looks like I was out of memory... Dang.
    Time to replace that phone!

    Strong lifts man!

    Subd!!
    Training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254917-5-3-1-a.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    Time to replace that phone!

    Strong lifts man!

    Subd!!
    It's a spare iPhone, but I've taken so many videos, then edited those large videos to smaller additional videos, then taken those smaller videos and grouped them with iMovie, then saved them back to the camera roll. So 3 vids turned into 7 videos all for a 15-30 clip to be sent to youtube.

    I just need to stay on top of deleting them.

    Welcome bro!
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  18. Hey guys, I know that you sometimes go beltless on squats and deads, does the same apply to OHP? I've never worn a belt on them before.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  19. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Hey guys, I know that you sometimes go beltless on squats and deads, does the same apply to OHP? I've never worn a belt on them before.
    If standing then you should wear one until you are comfortable not wearing one. Seated with a bench back then one isn't needed. Well, that's my opinion anyway...lol
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

  20. I agree with Turff... I would use one for standing just to ensure your back is supported properly. If seated with back rest there is no need.. Seated without back rest, then I would say you need one even more than if you are standing, as it is so easy to round your back when sitting.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    If standing then you should wear one until you are comfortable not wearing one. Seated with a bench back then one isn't needed. Well, that's my opinion anyway...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I agree with Turff... I would use one for standing just to ensure your back is supported properly. If seated with back rest there is no need.. Seated without back rest, then I would say you need one even more than if you are standing, as it is so easy to round your back when sitting.
    Works for me.




    I guess today will be an off day. My torso is trashed from the last two days and I don't think I could squat 100% with the lower back work I did yesterday.

    If I get too bored this morning maybe I'll go do some tricep/bicep work.

    Headed to Tallahassee in a couple hours for the FSU game.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  22. Barbell Close Grip Bench Press 222
    1m Rests-

    Set 1 : 45x5
    Set 2 : 135x8
    Set 3 : 155x8
    Set 4 : 185x6
    Set 5 : 135x11

    SUPERSET:

    Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown 182

    Set 1 : 130x12
    Set 2 : 120x11
    Set 3 : 100x12

    Barbell Curl 101.33

    Set 1 : 80x8 +
    Set 2 : 80x8 partials
    Set 3 : 70x8 +
    Set 4 : 70x6 partials
    Set 5 : 70x8 +
    Set 6 : 70x7 partials

    SUPERSET:

    Right arm both then left arm both-

    Meadows Cable Extension 66.67

    1 full ROM + .5 ROM = 1 rep

    Set 1 : 50x10
    Set 2 : 40x10

    Leaning Palm Alternating Kickbacks 13.33

    Set 1 : 10x10 (not actual weight)
    Set 2 : 7.5x8

    My triceps were on fire...

    SUPERSET:

    1.25 Hammer Curl 45.5

    1 drop set, 1 + .25 ROM = 1 rep

    Set 1 : 35x9
    Set 2 : 30x3
    Set 3 : 25x1
    Set 4 : 20x2

    overhead hammer curl w/ rope 163.33

    ALSO DROP SET-

    Set 1 : 100x19
    Set 2 : 80x8
    Set 3 : 60x12
    Set 4 : 40x15


    Jacked...
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  23. A guy is forced out of town for business and checks in to see Thomas had a new log and training program! Back at it Monday for me! Nice job so far, beastman!
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  24. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    A guy is forced out of town for business and checks in to see Thomas had a new log and training program! Back at it Monday for me! Nice job so far, beastman!
    I new you'd find me! Welcome!

    You gotta hold down the fort Monday. Or press it...
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

  25. Going to have those arms all bulging, veiny, and pumped before the game!
    Brutal - 100x19 it's a wonder the arms didn't explode!!
    Have fun at the game today!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Danb's Mountain Dog and everything else log
    By Danb2285 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1849
    Last Post: 02-12-2017, 04:26 PM
  2. Kbayne Reverse Dieting, Mountain Dog, and Much More
    By kbayne in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 11:34 AM
  3. Mountain Dog / John Meadows Intra-Product
    By The Solution in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 06:54 PM
  4. My dog and his paw problem!
    By pantera101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
  5. how do you train the muscle inbetween the tricep and bicep?
    By stankydanky in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Log in
Log in