Butt Blaster Workout:

RDL's at 135lbs at 12reps x 3s
Butt blasters 50lbs for 12 reps x 3s
Lying leg curls 90lbs for 12 reps x 3s
Lunges 60lbs at 10 steps each leg for 3 sets
Leg Extensions 110lbs at 12 reps for 3sets
Squats 165lbs for 12 reps and 3 sets
One Leg Curls 40 lbs for 10 reps each leg

My leg workouts used to consist of gaining more mass in my quads and hamstrings but since I have built up the muscles we are now focusing on making my but rounder and making my glutes stronger.

Training today felt great. A few weeks ago I was feeling down on myself from being in the hospital dealing with my disease called endometriosis. I was in the hospital because controlling my pain was not happening on my own. my body is very sick and sometimes it needs the hospital and stronger meds to control it, so for the last week and a half I have only ate cereal and some protein and veggies whatever I could get down.

Now this week I have been on my diet again and i have been seeing a significant change in how much weight I can lift and how much my body is responding to the lifting. I have recently gotten my abs back and I am so overjoyed about that.

My workouts I try to stay very focused and I really enjoy working with a partner that is like me and has the same pace. I like the pace to stay fast but not too fast where I feel like I am rushing and can't concentrate on the contractions that are happening.

Today was a good day that I could feel my glute actually firing first so that I could keep a great pump going and my hamstring didn't compensate for me being weaker.

Follow my posts and I will tell you more about my ACL tear and my disease and how I am overcoming my diet and dealing with everyday life while working out and I will also be posting reviews on the supplement logs for more good information about products that I use.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Killing it!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! Strong RDLs!

I like your detail.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see what ya got gal, welcome to AM!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
My life has been and uphill/ downhill battle with pain and crazy hormone changes because of the disease I have and because of my low estrogen only after being back for 6 days I had gotten my abs back!
Its a bad and good thing but in bodybuilding it helps a lot and it helps me keep a constant diet and balance in my life because thats about the only balance I have with this disease!

I have had a new workout mentality to keep pushing to make more and more gains. Theres nothing like pushing past how much you can life than lifting more than you did before.

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Off Day:

I would love to say that off days have a lot of benefits but sometimes I can't help but feel like I need to work out.

Some benefits of Rest Days are:
-Building recovery time into any training program is important because this is the time that the body adapts to the stress of exercise and the real training effect takes place. Recovery also allows the body to replenish energy stores and repair damaged tissues.
-Exercise or any other physical work causes changes in the body such as muscle tissue breakdown and the depletion of energy stores (muscle glycogen) as well as fluid loss.
Recovery time allows these stores to be replenished and allows tissue repair to occur. Without sufficient time to repair and replenish, the body will continue to breakdown from intensive exercise.

Those are some benefits of rest and recovery of your body, there are also other things as in if you are over worked a rest day could help or if you haven't gotten sleep in a few days that would help to re energize your body for another day ahead.

Since its a rest day, I may hate not being in the gym but it is a carb day on my cycle on my semi-cut diet and it is also sunday which meant sending pics to my amazing coach and finding out that my progress pics this morning earned me three pieces of pizza.
After being sick for a while, I knew my body would bounce back, I have learned I have a very high metabolism and I knew with the right diet food going into my body my abs would be back in no time.

About to lose my abs later though with some awesome slices of pizza, now the hard part, trying to figure out what kind I want!?!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supreme.

With all the meats.

Add jalapeños...

Mmm. Post a pizza pic when you get them!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife has endomitriosis as well, it's a hard road. She's had 2 surgeries to remove scar tissue. You're obviuosly a tough nut though. Keep up the good work. I'll be following along.

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Thank you so much, and yes I have had a surgery already as well and they decided not to cut me open again. I have had polyps and cysts removed and also scar tissue, the next step is a lot of hard medicine on my system that is why everything I do and I take has to be monitored with the other hormones I am putting in my body for this disease. Its so great to know there is someone out there with the same problems but I feel bad as well because its not very fun to handle in and out every day. i just hope one day they find a cure but right now its all about making it manageable for me. That is why working out and eating right gives me a balance life style. Something normal finally.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well we're all here for support! Keep up the awesome work!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Todays workout:

Chest Day:
-Flat Flyes 10r x 3s 45lbs
-Incline bench press 8r x 3s 75lbs
-Hammer strength bench press 10r x 7s 35lbs

So today I felt fantastic. I looked a lot better form wise and I am getting stronger and stronger everyday. To keep the workout at a fast pace it was cry exhausting and my chest had such a good pump happening. I was very focused and strong today and pushed myself to keep up the pace and keep up the intensity throughout the workout.

My best friend came with me and she just started lifting and she was very excited but she tells me my face looks like im going to kill someone while working out. I tell her its just my focused face. It doesn't seem to make her believe me but its a start. She will always think im the crazy one but she's getting crazy since she wants to start this lifestyle with me. It is always amazing when you have a swolemate partner but also having a swolemate best friend.

lets hope I don't scare her away!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Todays workout:

Chest Day:

So today I felt fantastic. I looked a lot better form wise and I am getting stronger and stronger everyday. To keep the workout at a fast pace it was cry exhausting and my chest had such a good pump happening. I was very focused and strong today and pushed myself to keep up the pace and keep up the intensity throughout the workout.

My best friend came with me and she just started lifting and she was very excited but she tells me my face looks like im going to kill someone while working out. I tell her its just my focused face. It doesn't seem to make her believe me but its a start. She will always think im the crazy one but she's getting crazy since she wants to start this lifestyle with me. It is always amazing when you have a swolemate partner but also having a swolemate best friend.

She'll get that crazy look too, and when she does take a pic and show her.

Good workout!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Todays workout:

Chest Day:

Ease her into it. You almost have to romance people into lifting. Otherwise they run. Lifting takes a ****load of commitment!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Yesterday's Back work out:

Dumbbell pull overs 12r x 4s started with 65lbs ended at 70lbs
Close grip seated rows 10r x 10s highest weight was 156lbs stayed at 132 most the sets
Dumbbell bent rows 10r x 7s (Alternating arms rest) 50lbs

So this back workout was fantastic I have been kinda down because I haven't been seeing my back day numbers increase because back day is my favorite. I really enjoy pushing myself harder and harder but recently I just wasn't able to hit any high numbers. As I am writing this post I do realize that the reason maybe for my weight getting higher is because I had a carb day the day before and the day of. it was on my diet cycle for my two carb days so I ended up having the energy to lift the higher weight. my weight ranges sat for pullovers at 55lb and my seated rows at 120 and my bent rows 40lbs so I feel like this was a very high increase and weight and it was a lot different than what i am used to but i was increased with carbs.
Even though I think it was the carbs that helped me out I do think that my intensity and my capability to lift a lot of weight is maturing as I keep putting the work into it.
I am very proud of my numbers that I am putting up and i hope that they keep increasing.

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Yes, I have been trying to work on my lats, I love when I get pullovers sent in my workout from my coach because I have seen a big strength jump almost every time I do them.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a great workout. There are guys around here that can't even do 150 lb. rows for 6 reps let alone 10. Nice job!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session girl! Pullovers induce killer pumps everytime and I people dont like doing them much. Keep pressing on forward gal!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Leg Day Grind:

Lying leg curls - 12r x 4s had it at only 40lbs for butt blaster style workout
Adduction Machine- 12r x 3s at 80lbs
Leg press-12r x 10s did pyramid style up and down highest weight was 400lbs at set 6 then started to pyramid down to get full range of motion to extend the hamstrings to get a better glute pump
Leg extensions- 12r x 7s starting at 70 and moved up as the sets went on to end at 110lbs at my last set. pretty proud of this since i had an injury about a month ago and i went from 150lbs to like 60 and now working back up so 110lbs was fantastic for todays leg workouts.
100 standing calf raises in a row- started at 240lbs then as the reps went on i lowered the weight to get the full motion so i ended at 140lbs.

My body is sore, I have worked myself so hard these past few weeks diet wise and workout wise. I have maxed out and hit new personal records all week. I need an over do massage to my body or just a hot bath. my body is eager for a rest day my whole body is sore and I can barely move!!

Gonna have either arms tomorrow or an off day and probably back on sunday, im pretty excited for the rest of the weeks workouts but damn I am sore as hell!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong leg sesh Allison.

Rest is important when you're demanding so much from your body.

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Back day!!!

So back day today was fantastic, i have been seeing my lifts get more and more intense and i feel myself pushing so much harder than normal.
-Seated Rows 12r x 4s
So on seated rows i start at a reasonable weight and move up so today i started at 120 and ended at 156 on the last set. I was so proud of myself for pushing to get that high weight. I know next time I could go higher and still be alright i just wanted to make sure i had gotten a good squeeze.
-close grip pull downs 10r x 4s
Close grip pull downs I do the same thing so i started at 108 then i ended at 120 these i need some more work on because i needed a spot for the last set but i still ended up getting the reps in without giving up. I would like to get up to 140 but that will come.
-dumbell pullovers superset with dumbbell rows 10r x 4s
on this with pullovers i was very proud of myself that at the end of the workout i could still get 65lbs for all 4 of the supersets and then also i did all 4 sets of the superset with dumbbell rows with the 50lbs. i can't believe how much stronger i am getting every week.
-hyperextensions 20r x 7s
This workout was crazy it hurt so bad. my back felt so numb after each set. my legs were wobbly and i couldn't feel my back, I guess that means that I have to work on strengthening my lower back. it will get there slowly and we don't work on hyperextensions very often.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's an awesome workout, great job.

Just a thought, have you ever tried skier pull downs instead of DB pull overs on back day?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Another great workout detailed as ever. How are the mind and muscle products treating you?

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In on this!! Amazing job on your workouts

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
The mind and muscle pre workout Wyked is amazing. It keeps me more focused than ever and i keeps me having a pump for a very long time. make rue to listen to the directions though it works great if you take it 30 minutes before the workout and sip it till you start. Its fantastic and I will never change to another pre work out unless mind ad muscle makes a different one.

Also I take T2, this is the fat burner and I totally think it is working I have now been taking it for 2 weeks and I see when I do have a cheat meal or what not that the fat from that will sit in my stomach but then turn to a lot of muscle gain. instead of sitting in my stomach to not help me other than to kick start my metabolism I actually feel like it is being used to gain some more muscle and add to my growth.

As well as those I take the whey protein and BCAA's off the site. I like to stick with their products and keep the same ones just because the doctor that creates them are all made to work together. why only have one benefit you, why not have all of them work together for you to make the most gains.

The thing I have noticed is that I am starting to become more defined with more lines and definition between muscle groups on my body.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The mind and muscle pre workout Wyked is amazing. It keeps me more focused than ever and i keeps me having a pump for a very long time. make rue to listen to the directions though it works great if you take it 30 minutes before the workout and sip it till you start. Its fantastic and I will never change to another pre work out unless mind ad muscle makes a different one. Also I take T2, this is the fat burner and I totally think it is working I have now been taking it for 2 weeks and I see when I do have a cheat meal or what not that the fat from that will sit in my stomach but then turn to a lot of muscle gain. instead of sitting in my stomach to not help me other than to kick start my metabolism I actually feel like it is being used to gain some more muscle and add to my growth. As well as those I take the whey protein and BCAA's off the site. I like to stick with their products and keep the same ones just because the doctor that creates them are all made to work together. why only have one benefit you, why not have all of them work together for you to make the most gains. The thing I have noticed is that I am starting to become more defined with more lines and definition between muscle groups on my body.
Great log so far Allison!
Keep up the good work!
:)
The only thing that got me worried about Wycked
Pre-wo was the hair loss ( possible) side effect...

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Truthfully since I have started bodybuilding I have seen my hair thin out but I started taking Biotin and another hair pill and I have seen the thickness and length come back so I don't think its the pre workout I just think in general thats what I have seen happen when I take supplements so I would ask around about that but if so taking one pill a day to help my hair isn't bad.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Truthfully since I have started bodybuilding I have seen my hair thin out but I started taking Biotin and another hair pill and I have seen the thickness and length come back so I don't think its the pre workout I just think in general thats what I have seen happen when I take supplements so I would ask around about that but if so taking one pill a day to help my hair isn't bad.
What other supps are you using?

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Creatine, whey isolate, BCAA's, T2, Wyked pre work out

Thats all of them

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard one person say that creatine made his hair thinner, but only that one person.

I assume you take a multi too? And Fish Oil?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I would say your gains might by sucking up all your nutrients. Get on a strong one a day

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Back day:

Great day to make new PR's
168lbs on close grip seated rows
75lbs on dumbbell pullovers

May not be able to move my back tomorrow but really excited to see me still making good gains while on a slow cut!

Pull ups
Close Grip Seated Rows
Dumbbell Pullovers
Close Grip Pull downs
Dumbbell rows
Ez Bar Curls

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Keep hitting them PR's!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back day:

Great day to make new PR's
168lbs on close grip seated rows
75lbs on dumbbell pullovers

May not be able to move my back tomorrow but really excited to see me still making good gains while on a slow cut!

Pull ups
Close Grip Seated Rows
Dumbbell Pullovers
Close Grip Pull downs
Dumbbell rows
Ez Bar Curls
75lbs!!! on pullovers!!!! OH SHIZZLE!!!

GET AFTER IT WOMAN!!!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Leg Day:

First leg day in a while that i actually was limping out of the gym.

-RDLS
-Butt Blaster
-Adduction
-Superset lying leg curls and leg extensions
-lunges 10 steps a leg
-Wide Foot squats
-Standing Lunges
-Leg press 100 non stop reps
-seated calves 100 non stop reps

So almost every exercise was 20r for 3 sets. Pretty much burned my legs out! Everything felt amazing, the only PR I set was 185lbs on RDLS I was pretty impressed with that but definitely was having a rough workout. sweat city!

Best part about today was I usually workout on my own I don't like to guide people much, but there was two new girls today that normally don't push there selves so i finally wanted to show someone how intense my workouts are. I don't talk much during my work out cuz i silently push myself at an intense level. So now getting to finally express my crazyness kind of took me back as well. I didn't realize how hard I get or how hard I push myself till you push someone else. they were very exhausted by the end and never have had that intense of a work out yet so for me i felt accomplished.
I am finally seeing that I am very strong and very focused and that I can help someone be better and maybe not be so quiet and off putting now.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats awesome news gal, it takes alot of nerve to invite others on into your world but Im glad ya did. Keep on pressing forward and lets see some more PRs before the years out!

P.S. 185 on RDLs is great work!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
185 on RDLS was really really hard lol!!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great job on your workout and pushing others to show them how much they can really do.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PR I set was 185lbs on RDLS

Best part about today was I usually workout on my own I don't like to guide people much, but there was two new girls today that normally don't push there selves so i finally wanted to show someone how intense my workouts are. I don't talk much during my work out cuz i silently push myself at an intense level. So now getting to finally express my crazyness kind of took me back as well. I didn't realize how hard I get or how hard I push myself till you push someone else. they were very exhausted by the end and never have had that intense of a work out yet so for me i felt accomplished.
I am finally seeing that I am very strong and very focused and that I can help someone be better and maybe not be so quiet and off putting now.
That's awesome you're able to help others, and show them the right way to get results. I'm not "allowed" to help people or critique their routines or form, so do what you can with it.

And 185 is nothing to sneeze at, NICE JOB!

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Shoulder,

So today seemed unsuccessful, there was no personal records made today. I did not feel very good and I wasn't really into the workout today I felt rushed and didn't really have much concentration.

-Pec Deck rear lats
-Machine or hammer shoulder presses
-Seated side laterals
-Superset front laterals and wide grip upright rows
-Cable side laterals

It was a more relaxed deloaded workout today but for some reason I just could not see myself getting into it.

I was distracted and couldn't figure out what happened and I still feel not on top of it all day today.

Gotta keep the push going and just because I had a bad day doesnt mean anything for days to come.
Didn't feel very good today but it doesn't mean that it can keep me down and let it affect my every day workouts.

~Keep the faith

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed! It's nice to see another female on the boards! :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
So been gone for a while and hoping to get back on the online grind. I have been sick for a week and exhausted and run down. Barely getting through the days but just long enough to get down some Emergen-C and get through my workout. No personal records being hit this week but I have still been getting some great pumps and trying to stay focused with the energy I have been having. Diet has been helping keep me going because I don't feel dragged down from eating bad food, I still feel refreshed and ready to go.

Going to stay on the grind and keep up the posts!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So been gone for a while and hoping to get back on the online grind. I have been sick for a week and exhausted and run down. Barely getting through the days but just long enough to get down some Emergen-C and get through my workout. No personal records being hit this week but I have still been getting some great pumps and trying to stay focused with the energy I have been having. Diet has been helping keep me going because I don't feel dragged down from eating bad food, I still feel refreshed and ready to go.

Going to stay on the grind and keep up the posts!
Make sure ya take that personal time to recover gal! Hoping ya feel better soon!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zinc before bed every night will help you get better sooner too.

AllisonBell

AllisonBell

Awards
Okay so while getting over being sick my coach probably put my legs through the toughest week ever.

Tuesday:
Quads/calves
Lying leg curls 12r x 4s
Leg press 10r x10s
Dumbbell squats superset with leg extensions (2sec holds) 20r x3s
Seated calves

This workout was pretty tough lots of holds and sweat dripping

Friday:
Hams/calves
Lying or seated leg curls 12r x 4s
RDL's 10r x10s
Single leg curls 10r x7s (alternating legs rest)
Standing calves 12r x5s

This work out I wasn't sore right away till two days later which was Sunday (today). I was so stiff and could barely walk. My hamstrings were so sore. I did 155lbs on RDL's and was wxcited to have a team work out In the morning, my coach sent us the group text that said back and my hamstrings were greatfull since they hurt to touch. We'll 5 minutes later I get a personal message from him that says legs! My legs were in for another rough day, especially since I seen RDL's were on the workout again.

Sunday:
Legs:
Lying leg curl 20r x 3s
Superset dumbbell RDL's and dumbbell sumo squats 20r x 4s
Ham glue raises 20r x 3s
Dumbbell walking lunges 10 steps a side x 7s

When I received the text at the end my coach said ouch! I for one was in for a treat getting my hamstrings to work harder than they ever had before and push through pain that I never felt before. I was really pleased when I hit 155lbs again for the full 20 reps. I thought my hamstrings were gonna blow up but it was totally worth feeling myself grow as a person and a competitor and telling myself I could do it again even while I was sore. I was very surprised in myself!

Weeks like this is when all my work and all my effort show in just one workout. The ability to push through a mind set and a challenge you were not sure you could get through makes everything worth it. Going to have many more weeks like this to come!!

All thanks to the coach CJ Jackson for pushing me to discover how strong I actually was!!
#wyked2.1 #T2 #mindandmuscle #simmonsnutrition #ironunion #kinghts